The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-08-01, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
Here's the preview. Sorry it took me so long. My local station put a stupid, distracting logo on part of the preview and I spent the time blocking it out. Hope the blocks aren't too distracting.

----------

{Jeff Probst} Next time on Survivor... with the merge in question, Boran faces a crisis...

{Ethan} If there's no merger after 3 days, we have no food.

{Jeff Probst} At Samburu...

{Lex} Strategy's become more critical than ever, and more than it was a couple days ago.

{Jeff Probst} Brandon & Kim continue to help Lindsey hide her votes from their new tribemates.

{Brandon --hard to hear while Lindsey talks over him}...assuming that I have a vote.
{Lindsey --talking over Brandon} You have a vote

{Kelly} It's a whole new ball game.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 11-08-01 1
   RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps anotherkim 11-08-01 2
   RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps zzz 11-09-01 4
       RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 11-09-01 6
           RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps zzz 11-09-01 7
           RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps anotherkim 11-12-01 10
 RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps wendyp 11-09-01 3
 RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps AresMars 11-09-01 5
 RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 11-11-01 8
   RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps dangerkitty 11-12-01 9
 Finally! Bungler 11-12-01 11
   RE: Finally! PepeLePew13 11-13-01 12
       Grimaces, etc. Rain Crow 11-13-01 13
           RE: Grimaces - observations Ogachu 11-13-01 14
               RE: Grimaces - observations gofrank151 11-13-01 15
           RE: Grimaces, etc. Bungler 11-13-01 18
               RE: Grimaces, etc. Rain Crow 11-13-01 20
               RE: Grimaces, etc. tari on safari 11-14-01 23
       Re: Grimaces MC_Hampster 11-13-01 16
           RE: Re: Grimaces Ogachu 11-13-01 17
           Kim P's swallowing. Canada Girl 11-13-01 19
   RE: Finally! Outfrontgirl 11-13-01 21
 Kim P's grimace big idiot 11-13-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-08-01, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
If anybody can clear up what Brandon's saying while Lindsey yammers on over top of him, please feel free to post it. Now I just hope that they'll have to shut her up permanently next week.

Oh, and the Kelly necklace scene was a definite red herring, though a compelling one. She never wore one before, but as you can see from this cap when she, Tom & Lex are leaving Boran to meet Jeff P., she's got one on and it obviously isn't Mall Rat issue.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-01, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
the necklace looks to be the same one she is wearing in the group shot.

I missed the preview--thanks for these!

Kim

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-01, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
Your point about Kelly's necklace raises a point I have tried to make before. I think that people often get too fixated on evidence they think they see in a vidcap. People tried to concluded from Linda's "thank you" that it must be after a Samburu challenge loss (of course it happened before any challenges took place that episode). People tried to conclude from the Boran 5 cheer that Kelly was going to Samburu in a Swedish Swap--but of course that was not true and we have no real clue why Kelly was not in on the cheer. And--as has been mentioned here--Kelly's necklace meant nothing rather than a bonding with the GXA (and some people even pointed out that the necklace was in the group shot taken in the first few days but others refused to believe it because it messed with their theory).

I love the VidCaps and believe they are useful. I just think people sometimes make way too much of them. They are often shown out of context and we never have much of a time frame to connect to them (e.g., before or after a challenge). Sometimes the VidCaps do give away a challenge victory (like the dung ball challenge--excellent work there). But, I think they should just be one small piece of evidence to take together with things like Survivor Insider, character development and just plain logic.

11-09-01, 04:28 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
zzz -- I think that's exactly how most of us regard vidcaps, as pieces of the entire puzzle. They are invaluable, and were definitely invaluable to many of us in Season 2.

As for the Kelly necklace shot, other than the shot we discussed last week and the one I capped from Ep 5 above, Kelly was NEVER seen wearing a necklace. NEVER! Then, suddenly, she's shown wearing one that bears a slight resemblance to the one the Mall Alliance wore (and that was a MAJOR plot point). I don't think it was wrong of us to get hung up on it, and I have no doubt that EPMB & his crew knew darn well the kind of fuss it would stir up. They won. This week... Hopefully we'll get back on track again soon.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-01, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
Bungler--

Point well taken. I greatly respect and appreciate the work you do for this board. I was just not personally convinced by the Kelly necklace and thought people were making way too much of it.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
Actually, she WAS wearing one in the group shot on the CBS page, but my post got lost in the shuffle.

She just never wore it again.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-09-01, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
I do not know what Brandon was saying, but I think that Brandon turns on Lindsey. He is disgusted with her and he knows she will not be a good ally in the merge. Liek the Amber/Jeri ally. Bye Amber because of Jeri.

I am wondering if Kelly's comment is meant towards her old team or just in general. I did notice there was alot of pushing and blocking in the reward challenge.

if the mallrats are smart they will start acting like a team and be friendly instead of showing how lazy and isolated they are.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-09-01, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
What happend to Kelly's necklace? Do you think one of the Sambozo's told here the signifcance of theirs so she took hers off? Just some spec.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

11-11-01, 11:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-01 AT 00:06 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-12-01 AT 00:02 AM (EST)

Hi gang...

Here's the next batch of caps, showing the burning arrow challenge and a few other shots. CBS is showing an abbreviated version of the preview that's on their website. Once they show the full length one, with pics from the other challenge and that Tribal Council shot, I'll cap 'em and get 'em up here on this topic.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-12-01, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 6 Preview Vidcaps"
Thanks Bungler! As always, these are wonderful.

The (maybe) helpful thing I see here is that #26 looks to clearly be Lindsey. In IceCats Archery thread, there was some debate as to whether this person - with a forearm wrap - was Kelly or Lindsey. This vidcap gives a clearer view of her face and I am sure it is Lindsey. Eyebrows, the way her hair is parted, etc.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

11-12-01, 10:44 PM (EST)
11. "Finally!"
CBS finally just showed the full preview with the TC clip and other challenge pics. Here they are. I also went back and capped Episode 1's TC shots, and the TC shot in the Ep 6 preview (when the say "a Tribal Council so intense") is obviously the Episode 1 TC. So it's another red herring.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finally!"
In regards to caps 38-41, beats me if it's in sequence to what actually happens in the show... but in 38-39 it looks like Teresa is either smiling at a former GXAer or smirking knowing they'll now realize that Silas is gone.

Then in 40-41 we see Kim P. grimacing, would this be when she realizes that the Borans have booted Silas off and the GXA is in deeper doo-doo than they thought... perhaps a clue hinting that Kim P. will be the one to betray her friends?

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-13-01, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Grimaces, etc."
I think Samburu immediately knew that Silas was gone when they first saw Boran. I would have a slight smirk on my face if I were F or T, so I don't have a problem with your observation, but this would only be appropriate at the RC, and we do not know for sure if these caps are RC or IC. If IC, then it could mean anything.

Finding out who was booted off would be the first thing they would want to know at the RC and would obviously cause some consternation. But I don't think that is what caused Kimpy to grimace. Kimpy is grimacing while sitting down next to Lindsey. Another cap shows Boran sitting down, so I believe Samburu is sitting also. I think it must be something said by either Boran or Jiffy Probe after they are assembled at one of the challenges.

Now we have to decide if the grimacing occurred during the RC or the IC. Anybody got any clue?

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-13-01, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Grimaces - observations"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-01 AT 10:39 AM (EST)

>Now we have to decide if
>the grimacing occurred during the
>RC or the IC.
>Anybody got any clue?

After looking at the pics - I think the grimace is during the RC challenge. In the top pic of Subaru coming in Lindsey is wearing a yellow tank top AND Kim is wearing blue, which is the same shirt she has on in the pic of Kim grimacing. In the pics of the flaming arrows, Lindsey and Kim are wearing white (or gray) shirts, and I think it has been established this is the IC. Lindsey is also wearing the white shirt in the pics of T smirking.

My opinion...Lindsey in yellow and kim in bluetop...RC...Kim probably grimacing at Silas' departure.

"Your big country ass is climbing a palm tree in the middle of Africa, you realize that, don’t you?" -- Clarence / S3

gofrank151 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-13-01, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gofrank151 Click to send private message to gofrank151 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Grimaces - observations"
I don't think a grimace would be from realizing silas is gone..they have to assume he would be the one to go. With frank and t being the ones on the other side, its hard to imagine him not going. For them to ally up with the 3 orig boran is the most likely scenario to be assumed by the gxa.

frankie

11-13-01, 01:37 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Grimaces, etc."
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-01 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

In the shot above where Teresa is smiling at the incoming Samburu tribe, Lindsey is very obviously carrying the Immunity Idol in her arms. So it's definitely IC arrival time.

As for Kim P.'s grimace, I think there are several shots that are connected here, and I think they may all be RC-related. We have #18, Frank looking very focused, like he's looking at something or focusing on something he's hearing. He also has his challenge colors on, and a collared-shirt, unlike the t-shirt he's clearly wearing at the archery (IC) challenge. We have shot #22, Tom looking fairly pissed off, and with his challenge colors on (he wears these fairly often though, so that doesn't mean anything concrete). We have shot #23, Brandon with a weird expression on his face. He also seems to be looking down (at something?). Then we have the Kimp and Lindsey shots, #s 40 & 41. Sure, it looks like Kim's tasting something icky, but you could also say that it looks like she's gotten something wrong and squinching her face, like "damn," and then it softens in a sort of "I'm sorry" pout. i.e. this looks like a quiz (true/false, or trivia-style) challenge.

We haven't seen a quiz challenge in S3 yet. In S1 the quiz challenge occurred for RC in Ep 11 (Sean won the yacht trip with his dad), and in S2 it occurred for IC in Ep 4 (Mitchell lost the challenge and was voted out at TC that night).

I'm also thinking with the heavy emphasis on food in previews, that RC will be food-related.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-13-01, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Grimaces, etc."
Great observation about the immunity idol Bungler! I saw the hand in front of Lindsey and wondered what was going on. I could not attach it to a person and just chalked it up to a weird camera angle or something. Now that you have pointed it out, the hand is clearly Lindsey's and it is wrapped around the idol. Again, great observtion!

tari on safari 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tari%20on%20safari Click to send private message to tari%20on%20safari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Grimaces, etc. "
I agree bungler, I posted some of the same ideas on another board that shall remain nameless.
I think the RC is another silly quiz challenge, KimP looks like she's disgusted with herself.
Frank and Tom look like they are listening attentively to something.
Does anyone remember which episode S2 had the quiz challenge?
I know it was pre- merger. I think the reward was food.
WAG here, Boran loses the RC; Mb loves to show the loser team eating their scraps while groaning about how hungry they are.
That would fit with the Ethan comment at the campfire.
Many times in S1 they televised the loser of a food challenge sitting around, eating their rice, and complaining.(Remember the Sean on a boat incident? How about the "They have chicken's and we don't" story-line?)
In S2 they had the "Kucha corn for one tribe, while Jerri and Keith fight over scraps" story.

Ugh, ,I'm over-thinking myself. Could this challenge be another "Bid For Food" challenge and Kimp just was over-bid???

(Stopping now before I decide it's the "JP is checking for hemmoriods" challenge....

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Re: Grimaces"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-01 AT 11:05 AM (EST)

>Then in 40-41 we see Kim P. grimacing, would this be when she realizes that the
>Borans have booted Silas off and the GXA is in deeper doo-doo than they thought...

To me, this looks like she is either eating something disgusting or seeing something disgusting. At the point that they are filming her, she probably already knew Silas was gone.

Could they maybe have another RC that involves something nasty? You'll also notice in frame 43 that Ethan seems to be preparing himself for something, and we do know he is a vegetarian. They already had the blood RC, but it didn't seem to gross them out enough...

Edited to add observation about Ethan

-MC

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-13-01, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Re: Grimaces"
The clothes Ethan is wearing is more consistent with IC challenge, not the RC (unless the Boran wore the same clothes both days). I think he is praying the arrows hit their mark and they don't lose another IC.

Kim's grimace is questionable in origin, but I do feel its during the RC and not the same time as Ethan's reaction.

Who knows, knowing the dastardly MB, are we sure the Kim grimace is not from the previous ep???

"Your big country ass is climbing a palm tree in the middle of Africa, you realize that, don’t you?" -- Clarence / S3

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-13-01, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Kim P's swallowing."
I've had another look at Kim P.'s grimace face and in the first shot if you look at her throat, it's bulging out, the way it would look if she was swallowing. Of course you can argue that she is gulping in dismay, but i'd vote for her actually swallowing something!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Finally!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-01 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

A couple additions

Teresa's position
In Caps 38 and 39 we see Teresa arriving at IC at the head of the line and close to KimJ and Ethan--not huddled with Frank as if on the fringe. I wonder if that's to send a message to the GXA and if it puts Lex and Tom through any headtrips.

In 39, we see Lindsey and Teresa juxtaposed as if on intersection courses, and they are my two pics for eviction this week.

Ethan
I hear everyone assuming Ethan's a vegetarian, but take a look at this clip from Insider where he reminisces about playing soccer in Africa:

E: I'm still a vegetarian at this point, so I'm chopping this up and I wasn't going to eat it.

I read this to say he later gave up being a vegetarian.

RC
I agree it's likely to be for food, and we know that Boran focuses on food supply at some point if not all of this episode. Would they do that if they won RC the first day?

I am thinking the night shots where they discuss shortage of food are on their return from TC, so prior to RC. I wonder if the chicken/egg debate also occurs before RC. I see two possible storylines in Boran:
1) they worry about food and disagree about chickens and then joyfully win RC and solve the crisis.
2) they have a food crisis and losing RC deepens their concern.

Thoughts?

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Kim P's grimace"
I don't think that anyone has yet suggested something else for Kim P's grimace, that reaction Survivors may do when Jiffy shows them a yummy food and eats it in front of them (a very Elizabethean trait),

For:
1) makes sense at a RC
2) If she is swallowing, it may just be a mouthful of saliva in response to the sight/thought of the food.
3) She is kinda Elizabethean

Against:
1) She comes from the better fed tribe

just a thought...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •