The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official SurvivorBlows Episode 5 Predictions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-01, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official SurvivorBlows Episode 5 Predictions"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-01 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

=============================================
NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE THREAD WHERE THE MESSAGE BOARD POSTERS VOTE FOR THEIR 'OFFICIAL' PICK. THAT THREAD IS HERE
=============================================

The "twist" is just that -- a twist. It's not earth shattering, and unless Burnett breaks the survivors into TWELVE tribes, there is no way to guarantee "every friendship and alliance will be shattered" --that's just marketing crap. If it were such a huge change that left the viewers with NO IDEA who might be booted this week, then CBS would have been airing previews this week that would actually have included scenes from the challenges, etc. Our gut tells me we're looking at a 1 for 1 swap, with the tribes picking who they want from the other tribe.

Boran values STRENGTH above everything else and doesn't think much about women's strength, so they will focus on FRANK or SILAS. Even a hillbillie like Tom knows a good, strong, young bull when he sees one, so expect Boran to take SILAS.

In Samburu's camp, the GXA will control who gets picked. The GXA obviously doesn't seem to like anyone over 30, so Tom, Lex, and MamaKim are out. The leaves Clarence, Ethan, and Kelly. If they are SMART you think they'd grab Clarence or Ethan, but our guess is that the girls and Brandon will think that they would have a better chance of bonding with another 20-something girl. ...Ethan and Clarence both probably come across as too serious or "manly" for the GXA. Therefore Kelly is the favorite for the Boran refugee.

This week will still have a tribe vs. tribe Immunity Challenge and Boran (sitting on probably 70+ gallons of fresh water) will once again defeat Samburu (who last we saw had no working boiling pots left and no fresh water.)

Teresa and Frank will try and grab Kelly to vote with them for Lindsey, however Kelly will go for safety in numbers in stick with the GXA. Not only don't you want to avoid alienating the Powers That Be your first few days in a "new school," but she also doesn't want to give the GXA any reason to vote her out once the merge happens.

The GXA decides to keep their beast of burden (Frank) for a few more days and sends Teresa packing... Kelly is relieved as not only is Frank The Outcast the only enemy she's made, but she knows he still hates the core GXA even more (and realizes that with other GXA members having previous votes, she will not be his primary target.)

Assuming there is still a Reward Challenge this week, this would also seem to favor BORAN.

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 "Official SurvivorBlows Episode 5 P... AresMars 11-08-01 1
 Still the water issue? Rain Crow 11-08-01 2
 RE: Official SurvivorBlows Episode ... UltMale 11-08-01 3
 RE: Official SurvivorBlows Episode ... Swetdawg 11-08-01 4
 Swap is Too Invasive... IceCat 11-08-01 5
   RE: Swap is Too Invasive... TODDLJ 11-08-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-08-01, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. ""Official SurvivorBlows Episode 5 Predictions""
I agree with most of what you're saying but until the Sambozos tribe acutally picks Kelly over Ethan or Clarence one of those is my pick for the swap.

I would have picked Ethan for sure but the only time Sambozos have seen him is when he falling down at the challenges so that may go against him.

The pic with Kelly wearing the bead necklace is strong evidence to support you theory but I just can't believe they would be that stupid. Then again I thought Colby would take Keith to the final 2 last year so what do I know.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-08-01, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Still the water issue?"
While reading and mulling over your theory I couldn't help but wonder, would your theory include Kelly arriving at Samburu with some water and/or campfire water boiling jugs as part of the trade? You don't mention it, but I suppose you might have considered the water as inherent to the trade.

If so, then Samburu might tank up on water and manage to defeat Boran for IC. I know there is not much time left, but I would be interested in hearing your take on this. Thanks in advance for any reply and for your always thought-provoking posts.

UltMale 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-08-01, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UltMale Click to send private message to UltMale Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official SurvivorBlows Episode 5 Predictions"
Here's what'll happen:
Frank lets it be known publicly to Boran that Lindsey has 4 votes. Frank also tells the tribe that Lindsey must be voted out next time or else the others will also know about Silas' votes. Lindsey freaks out. Lindsey gets voted out as the tribe is to fractured to work together. The end.

Swetdawg 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-08-01, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swetdawg Click to send private message to Swetdawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official SurvivorBlows Episode 5 Predictions"
I totally agree with you SB. Not only can't MB change the rules that drastically, he can't change the way the players feel up til this point. I may be new at this, but I would like to add my 2 cents.

Forget for a minute about the "Twist". This is just a way to shake up the game. I feel the most reliable and logical spoiler to date is Diane's list. If we stick to the idea that this is has been consistent to date then I see the following scenario:

1) Teresa goes tonight as she is the weakest of the Sammies and the "Twist" won't change how the GXA votes (in agreement with SB logic), why would they vote her off later unless Sammies lose IC 4 in a row (law of averages and EPM wanting 5-5 merge says doubtful).

2) Clarence will go next week. D's list, lack of weight loss, forgive not forget, usefullness to Boran's over, Threat in individual IC's.

3) Silas/Lindsay after merge. D's list, Frank "has his revenge". Probably Silas 1st (threat in IC's)

I may be out in left field here, but the logic of makes sense.

Considering that I'm a newbie please feel free to "Ready...Aim...Fire!

If I'm wrong then it's because I slept in late...my alarm didn't go off...I ran out of gas...I got a flat tire...locusts...I SWEAR TO GOD IT WASN'T MY FAULT!

Note to EPM..."Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-01, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Swap is Too Invasive... "
Removing tribe members from their existing team is a bigger change than an early merge. It is too invasive a change to the dynamic of the game and smacks of gerrymandering.

The lack of ANY video from ANY events after what we assume is the announcement of the 'twist' is more indicative of an early merge than a swap.

If it was just a swap, there would be at least some clips that they could show that would not give away the persons who are swapped.

If it is an early merge, then then tribal colors will change and any image from the challenges would show the new new tribal colors being worn.

I'm still standing out here on this limb (right next to Fast Eddie) they won't swap tribe members despite what went on in other versions of the show.

September 11, 2001

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-08-01, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Swap is Too Invasive... "
I'm with you, Icecat. I'm still not buying any permanent (or even 'only till merge') swaps.

I think, once again, this is going to be some totally over-hyped little thing. I thing the reason he hasn't shown us anything is because showing us that things are 'business as usual' would make it obvious that the '3 tribe' rumors he circulated are fake. He is trying to keep wild speculation going.

It will be some glorified ambassador thing, with the tribes comingling in some way temporarily, long enough for voting histories to be revealed, thus 'changing the game forever.'

But 'breaking up all alliances and friendships' is impossible under any 'twist' short of killing all 12 of them.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •