The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-09-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
Does anyone else think that Ryan Seacrest is terrible at what he does on the show? He was so bad on the first season, I couldn't believe he was brought back for the following seasons.
For some reason people seem to be embracing this guy. We now see him on the red carpet shows and New Year's Eve in Time Square ...etc. Aghhh! I don't get it!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... nailbone 03-09-06 1
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... geekboy 03-09-06 2
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... zazzy 03-09-06 3
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... frisky 03-09-06 4
   RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... LisaPles 03-09-06 5
       RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... nailbone 03-09-06 7
       RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... zazzy 03-09-06 12
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... tenmeters 03-09-06 6
   RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... nailbone 03-09-06 8
   RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... geekboy 03-09-06 9
   RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... volsfan 03-09-06 16
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... thecrossbowkid 03-09-06 10
   RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... tenmeters 03-09-06 15
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... seahorse 03-09-06 11
   RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... zipperhead 03-09-06 13
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... Ricky 03-09-06 14
   RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... prosecutor 03-09-06 17
       RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... LisaPles 03-22-06 18
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible J... Kattrikk 03-27-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
Personally, I think he's doing a better job this time than before. I don't know if he found better writers or what, but he's definitely funnier.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-09-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
Personally, I like the guy and I think he does a great job as a host of AI. He's got a great radio/host voice, he keeps the show going at a good pace, and what i like about him the most is that he keeps the judges in check.

What is he NOT doing that you think he should be doing? Who do you think would be a better host and why?

geekboy

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-09-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
I think Ryan is doing a better job now.

He is not as snowed by the judges and I think the other gigs he does has given him more confidence. He was integral in the audition phase to keep the show going along. Now he is another foil for Simon. And I like it when he asks if there is any constructive criticism...especially when he nails Simon on that point.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
I agree that Ryan has grown into his role as a host. He isn't doing well on the red carpet because of all the production screwups, but I think this will improve with time. I also agree that these other committments make him better on AI.

I really can't think of anyone else who would do any better. Julie Chen?

Rolly made this.

03-09-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
I think that I just find him to be awkward and he occasionally appears to be unprepared. Sometimes you can tell he is just reading off the teleprompter and seems confused about what’s going on. The transitions are often really rough. Of course, this is what some people may find endearing about him. It’s true that if the host was too serious, he or she might end up looking even more stupid.
Funny that one person said they liked it when he asks Simon for constructive criticism, whereas, I don’t. I always feel bad for the contestant on stage with him. It’s like, if Simon didn’t say anything insulting enough, Ryan will ask for it for you. The contestant is just standing there like “thanks, I was just about to make it through this with minimal insults!”
Like him or not, I would definitely say that the gig would be a tough one. Especially performing live three days a week. I can’t imagine who else would take the gig at this point. Julie Chen? That is so funny! I can't think of any witty suggestions right now! Chuck Berris?
It is obvious that a lot of people like Ryan. I don’t intend to insult anyone who likes the guy. Picking on him in jest is one of the things that keeps me entertained while watching the show.

03-09-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
Chuck Berris?

Ladies and gentlemen, our next performer...wait! What's that?? It's GENE GENE THE DANCING MACHINE!!!!

Sig by Arkie!!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-09-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
An example, when Simon says to Kevin that he will get the granny vote or that he is just average, there is not a lot a singer can do with that input. I think Ryan is asking Simon to be more specific as he has been with others (song selection, clothing, dancing comments etc.).

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
I think Ryan is doing a great job at hosting the show.
He is articulate and spontaneous. He is very easy on the eye,too.

Just wonder what his (sexual) preference is as i have not met any real man talking and behaving like him.
Not that this matters .

03-09-06, 04:25 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
i have not met any real man talking and behaving like him.

INCOMING!!!!

Sig by Arkie!!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-09-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
Why does everyone think he's gay? He does not ping my gaydar which has a good record, by the way.

geekboy

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
Just wonder what his (sexual) preference is as i have not met any real man talking and behaving like him.

What the flip difference does his sexual preference make?

thecrossbowkid 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-09-06, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecrossbowkid Click to send private message to thecrossbowkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
Yes, he is awful.

He is NOT FUNNY. He does not interact with the judges well, he does not have anything interesting to say and he is patronizing to the singers. When he joked with the nerdy but earnest 16 year old white kid about being "gangsta.." etc. What a patronizing fool.

Does this loser even know anthing about music?

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
i don't think he means to be funny. As good-looking and well-dressed as he is, i don't think he will be credible at being funny,anyway.

and to my opinion, he interacts with the judges very well.

Patronizing to the singers? don't think so. Supportive to the singers? yes as he should be.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
I like him, especially when he confronts Simon like he has been lately.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
You like when he confronts Simon? That's actually what I dislike about Ryan. He goes too far off into tangents with that, IMO. Besides, Simon does not need more camera time, which is what Ryan's jabbing gives him.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-09-06, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
I don't like that he doesn't say "Seacrest Out!" at the end of the show anymore

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-09-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
He does a good jobIMO the only thing I don't like is why after so many seasons he still comes on and says "My name is Ryan Seacrest we know already. I want him to say I'm Ryan Seacrest.or they should have an announcer to do the introductions, then he would not have to say My name is Ryan Seacrest.ugggh.

03-22-06, 08:26 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job! "
Was I hearing wrong, or did Ryan call Kevin "Chicken Little" on stage in front of millions of viewers? Whether or not you like Kevin as a contestant (I don't), you have to admit that's so rude and disrespectful!
I think they should introduce Ryan as my nickname for him, Ryan Douchecrest.

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-06, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ryan Seacrest Does A Terrible Job"
I just love him.. I can't imagine anyone else hosting AI. The Ryan-Simon banter does get a little old, but people seem to enjoy it, so oh well.

Otherwise, I think he is so supportive of all the kids. He seems to care about them and say things to bring them up after a rough critique. I think he treats all of the contestents the same. I have never seen him patronize any of them. Kevin should be thanking Ryan for the attention. I have read on other boards how fans were so offended by the chicken little title. I don't get it. Without it, Kevin would have simply been the really bad kid that no one understood why he was there. Now, he'll forever be remembered as the chicken little/ sex symbol.

Oh and I also am bummed that he doesn't say "Seacrest,OUT" anymore. Why doesn't he?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •