The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Delayed Tonight--Pres to Speak"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-08-01, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Delayed Tonight--Pres to Speak"
As has been reported in these pages (I think the post was deleted because it got too political), Pres. G.W. Bush will speak tonight. It has now been confirmed that the speech will begin at 8PM Eastern. Thus, I believe we can safely assume that Survivor will be shown as soon as the speech (and perhaps some wrap-up commentary) has ended. If you will be out tonight, set your VCRs to run longer than usual.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Delayed Tonight--Pres ... dabo 11-08-01 1
   RE: Survivor Delayed Tonight--Pres ... zzz 11-08-01 3
 Thanks Bebo 11-08-01 2
   Not necessarily yet weltek 11-08-01 4
       Set the VCR s_man 11-08-01 5
           Movin' on up s_man 11-08-01 6
       RE: Not necessarily yet zzz 11-08-01 7
 STOP THE PRESSES zzz 11-08-01 8
   RE: STOP THE PRESSES Bebo 11-08-01 9
       RE: STOP THE PRESSES ItzLisa 11-08-01 10
           RE: STOP THE PRESSES Wicked 11-08-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-01, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Delayed Tonight--Pres to Speak"
The other post on this was moved to the Survivor Fanatics forum.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

11-08-01, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Delayed Tonight--Pres to Speak"
dabo--

Thanks for the news about where the post went. I don't really visit that forum very often and assume all important information will be posted here (probably foolish of me). While not technically a spoiler, I think it is definitely information that people that only visit the spoiler forum would want to know about.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Thanks"
Glad you put this message out here, zzz. The earlier post didn't have the time confirmed. Since I'm one of the VCR crew, I appreciate getting the update.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Not necessarily yet"
Quoted from local news website:

His speech begins at 8 p.m. EDT, but not all networks plan to air it.

ABC, CNN, Fox News Channel, MSNBC and CNBC planned live coverage of the president's speech.

NBC decided not to air it, and CBS still hadn't announced its decision early Thursday afternoon.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Set the VCR"
Thanks for the update. I guess the VCR will be set to record from 8:00 til midnight. I want to be sure not to miss anything.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Movin' on up"
Yea, I just moved up on the DAW rating!!!!

11-08-01, 03:15 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Not necessarily yet"
Wow--

If Les Moonves has the guts to ditch the Pres' speech--I will have new found respect for him (OK maybe I couldn't go that far). I suspect his decision will really be based on whether he thinks Survivor will be better off being aired at 8PM to try to see if CBS can eat into Friends this time with their BIG EVENT episode of Survivor, or whether they are better off going on after the Pres at around 8:30 and avoid the Friends competition all together. I hope he makes the right choice and airs Survivor on time. Anyone that would rather watch GWB can go to one of the stations that is carrying it.

11-08-01, 04:17 PM (EST)
8. "STOP THE PRESSES"
The AP Wire is apparently reporting that CBS and NBC will NOT air the Pres. speech tonight (ABC will). So we can all just watch Survivor at its regular time (what a relief). Sorry to stir up this worry to begin with--I guess I jumped the gun.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: STOP THE PRESSES"
You didn't jump the gun -- you reported valid information as soon as you had it. As one of the VCR folks, I was glad to get the updates.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-08-01, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: STOP THE PRESSES"
Ditto - I may have to work late tonight, and set my VCR for 8 PM to 9 PM - you were just passing along information, and updates, as any good spoiler would!

"Why is Bubbles bouncing on top of that boy?" (Pooh's daughter after viewing my sig pic)

Wicked 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-08-01, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wicked Click to send private message to Wicked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: STOP THE PRESSES"
That whirring sound you hear is Edward R. Murrow spinning in his grave.

Wicked

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •