The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is this a first?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-08-01, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is this a first?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-01 AT 09:26 AM (EST)

Unless I fell into a micro-sleep this morning, there was NO Survivor preview on the Early Show this week. . . No segment, no mention, and the few commercials were promoting the evening's lineup in general--nothing devoted solely to Survivor.

To cap off what must be the most frustrating week of "spoiling" ever, does this tell us ANYTHING? Is Mark Burn-it simply trying to hide what he thinks is the "shocking" twist? hiding the fact that there's nothing shocking at all? Is he so angry at the Spoilers' successes that he is loathe to give anything to go on? Is he simply getting a kick watching people manufacture clues?

I can't believe that the usual promos (which have gotten shorter--now seem to be 10-15 second ads telling us not to miss the first 15 minutes, Lindsey's "OMG," and little else) would be considered enough to hype any show, so he obviously thinks the mystery alone is enough to get people to watch. Still, present viewers cannot be considered enough--the ratings for the first four episodes are about 8 million below the number who watched the last series, so I imagine they are desperate to draw more people into the "drama". . . and near-silence CAN'T be the way to accomplish that, can it? It's one thing to pique the interest of people like us (with nothing better to do ), but I fail to see what this lack of promotion can do for viewership in general--especially in light of the fact that the show will most likely be delayed again tonight for some lame presidential anti-terrorist pep rally. . .

Does the lack of network promo this morning tell us something? And how the hell can we make ANY kind of predictions about challenges and bootees?! Talk amongst yourselves. . .

GT

Edited to say janisella posted at the same time and already contradicted my statement that NOTHING was said--but in reviewing my tape of the partial show, I can't find anything--it must have been the briefest of mentions. Anyone with a clue, please enlighten us!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is this a first? dabo 11-08-01 1
 nothing, nada, zilch travelingbetty 11-08-01 2
   Something that wasn't dabo 11-08-01 3
       RE: Something that wasn't George Tirebiter 11-08-01 4
           RE: Something that wasn't Bebo 11-08-01 5
               RE: Something that wasn't Bebo 11-08-01 6
                   I'm Glad I Didn't Get Up Rose Red 11-08-01 8
 RE: Is this a first? zzz 11-08-01 7
   RE: E-5 Promo...... Dalton 11-08-01 9
 RE: Is this a first? MC_Hampster 11-08-01 10
   Thanks, MC George Tirebiter 11-08-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-01, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is this a first?"
President to address nation at 8 pm Eastern. Lot of stuff for Nashville junkies to gather at the water cooler about today. Marg Helgenberger on TES promoting show "Survivor" leads into probably said more about "Survivor" than anything else. Big disappointing nothing otherwise.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

travelingbetty 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-08-01, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail travelingbetty Click to send private message to travelingbetty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "nothing, nada, zilch"
I don't usually watch the CBS Morning show, but was hoping to get further insight into tonight, but there was nothing. The only mention was that it was on tonight and they would be talking to the latest loser tomorrow. MB is keeping the cards close to the chest this week. As far as promos, I have only seen the one with the alliances and friendships being shattered.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Something that wasn't"
With Howard Stern and Rosie O'Donnell and whoever else hyping on the three teams scenario, it's interesting that part of the CBS news line-up did not.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

11-08-01, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Something that wasn't"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-01 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

>it's interesting that part of the CBS news line-up did not.
Yes, coonhead, it IS. . .

I can't stop the feeling that we're going to be supremely disappointed in what finally transpires, too. . . I keep thinking of those stupid Goosebumps books that were so popular with kids a year or so ago; my daughter read ONE, and was so irritated with them, she refused to read another. For those who aren't familiar with them, each short chapter builds up suspense for some creepy/scary thing that's about to happen--and then in the first line of the next chapter, it's resolved in some lame-ass Mark Burn-it way (. . . little Janie heard an eerie noise outside the window and it made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end! What could it be? . . . . <next chapter> . . . Janie got up her courage and looked outside--and saw. . . a branch of the old oak tree, rocking in the wind and scraping against the window frame! Oooooh, kids--wasn't that scarrrrry? Ah-OOOooooooh *in your best Count Floyd impersonation*)

MB has a history of misleading, misrepresenting, and downright lying about events to come. It seems to me that this week's dearth of information is a huge gamble for him. Can he really afford to NOT promote the show this way (keeping in mind that we are a pathetic minority and the average viewer probably gets their Survivor info from commercial spots) or to build fans up for a "shocker" that ISN'T? His idea of what constitutes excitement so far doesn't gibe with my own reality, but I think he pretty much has to come through, this once. . . doesn't he?

GT

*admires dabo's new navel-piercing staple*

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Something that wasn't"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-01 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

Edited because I can't edit and somehow ended up posting twice. Bleah.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Something that wasn't"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-01 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

>> Oooooh, kids--wasn't that scarrrrry? Ah-OOOooooooh *in your best Count Floyd impersonation*)
>
OK, this whole twist discussion was worth
it just to have a
Count Floyd reference. Wouldn't
it be cool if the
next episode was in 3-D?
(insert loopy music here)

edited to get stupid reply marks out of my comments.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-08-01, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I'm Glad I Didn't Get Up"
Glad I didn't miss anything on the early. And this must be so big and un-vid-cap-able that they felt they just couldn't show ANYthing.It's also interesting that Howard Stern and Rosie and the NY Post all said three tribes, but NOT CBS! Hmmmm...It could be the three for three swap.
Now all this hype and lack of spoilers and now Bush is going on again at 8pm, if it's not bigger than big, SURVIVOR is doomed. Also, the Bush thing is VERY bad for ratings/tapers, etc.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-08-01, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is this a first?"
With all the commercials about the big twist, MB could not show any previews on the Early Show because they would give the twist away (or would give away that there was NO twist). We now know that the tribes are realigned in some way--Alicia's E7 preview confirms this. Thus, we would be able to figure out from any pictures of any challenges how the realignment was done (if nothing else, presumably by the colors they wear). So MB did what he had to do, not show any previews and hope that the other hype he has going about this episode is enough to get people to watch (assuming GWB does not put them to sleep right before the show starts--just a joke, I know everyone is just sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to hear what GWB has to say).

So we should not be surprised that there were no preview--I would have been shocked if there were. We will just have to wait until tonight (hopefully the Pres will not be too long winded).

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-08-01, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: E-5 Promo......"
The same one CBS is airing all week "Shock; shattering friendships, alliances, etc. WATCH the first fifteen minutes of Survivor!!"

I've listened to the Contestants voices about 9 times.
When you don't watch the pic with the utterances this is what you are left with:

"I can't believe this is happening!!" MALE -- sounds like Silas or maybe Clarence.

"We all just panicked!!" MALE -- sounds again like Silas but could be Lex.

"Oh My God!!" FEMALE -- Could be Teresa, Lindsey or Kelly.

"What in the Hell??" FEMALE -- definitely Lindsey (LOL).

This leads me to believe that whatever MB is pulling as a "Twist" IS BIG to the contestants!!! And certainly must cause some major changes in the way the contestants have "played the game" up until Episode 5.

(Sigh...I guess Brandon being eaten by a tiger is asking too much <grin>; but still having wild African animals CAUSE some major trouble for the crew or the production is within the realm of possibility.)

Dalton

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-08-01, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is this a first?"
>Unless I fell into a micro-sleep this morning, there was NO
>Survivor preview on the Early Show this week. . .
>No segment, no mention, and the few commercials were promoting
>the evening's lineup in general--nothing devoted solely to
>Survivor.

Or perhaps they realized that all 28 people who watch the Early Show are already Survivor fans?

-MC

11-08-01, 04:43 PM (EST)
11. "Thanks, MC"
>Or perhaps they realized that all 28 people who watch the Early Show are already Survivor fans?
LMAO--thanks for my first laugh all day!

And you too, Dalton--except that TIGERS are Asian. . . you need to hope a LION gets ChapstickBoy. . .

GT

(who is glad to have something more concrete to nitpick about! )

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •