The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Placeholder thread. Please keep all discussion in show thread until after west coast viewing.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 brvnkrz 03-07-06 1
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 FFantasyFX 03-08-06 2
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 PhoenixMons 03-08-06 3
   RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 geekboy 03-08-06 10
       RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 dragonflies 03-08-06 14
           RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Tahj 03-08-06 20
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 geekboy 03-08-06 4
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Rhyn 03-08-06 5
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 soldiersmom 03-08-06 6
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Ricky 03-08-06 7
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 mrc 03-08-06 8
   RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Glow 03-08-06 12
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 CattyChat 03-08-06 9
   RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 thndrkttn 03-08-06 13
       RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Magnolia_Rocker 03-08-06 17
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Breezy 03-08-06 11
   RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 nazpink 03-08-06 15
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Magnolia_Rocker 03-08-06 16
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 nailbone 03-08-06 18
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 emydi 03-08-06 19
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Hoobie 03-08-06 21
   RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 CBailey 03-08-06 22
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Captain_Savem 03-08-06 23
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 frisky 03-08-06 24
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Pretty_Kitty 03-08-06 25
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 tamarama 03-08-06 26
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 rjac21 03-08-06 27
 RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 Devious Weasel 03-09-06 28
   RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06 tamarama 03-09-06 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
#1 Mandisa
#2 Kelly

The rest bored me to tears.

An awesome Arkie siggie

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Rankings:

1.) Mandisa
2.) Katharine
2.) Lisa
4.) Kellie
5.) Kinnik
5.) Paris
7.) Melissa
8.) Ayla

Some of the ladies really stepped up tonight. Mandisa was awesome, and her I'm Every Woman is my favorite song of the Top 24 so far. After what I thought was a lackluster performance last week, Katharine turned it up a notch and aced Think. I also enjoyed Lisa, and actually am rather enjoying her song choices too. Kellie did well, although there was still a bit missing for me. Although not perfect, Kinnik intrigued me tonight, and I wouldn't mind seeing her slip into the final twelve. Paris seems to be coasting since the first performance, but she'll most likely make it anyway. I wasn't too hot for Melissa's performance. Ayla's performance left me aghast though. She vaulted up my rankings to a tie for number one last week, but her song this week was probably the worst female performance since Stevie's dreadful song in week one.

Should Go: Melissa (no breakthrough performance), Ayla (wildly inconsistent), or Paris (regressing)
Will Go: Kinnik, Melissa

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-08-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1. Mandisa - no denying that was the performance of the night!

ENORMOUS DROP

2. Katherine - It wasn't phenomenal, but it was pretty good. She had some pitch issues here and there and she REALLY needs to work on moving well on stage. But she's got something special in those pipes of hers.

3. Paris - while I wasn't keen on the song choice, there were no major flaws in her delivery and she's just so darn adorable. She's a great performer.

REALLY BIG DROP

4. Kellie/Melissa - I don't like Kellie's voice. I just don't like the tone and her diction and delivery of the actual words just drives me nuts. But she was in tune throughout most of the song. Melissa did a decent job with the song, however she DID tend to shout the song, especially toward the end. But I liked the song choice for her...suited her well.

MEH

6. Lisa - nothing special. I really liked her initial audition, but she's so boring now. And there's something missing in her voice. Tonight she gave a snooze-worthy performance.

YUCK

7. Ayla/Kinnik - Neither of them did well this week. I love Natasha Bedingfield and really like the song, but it's just not the kinda thing you sing in a competition like this...certainly not when you're vying for a spot in the finals. Kinnik was terrible and completely out of tune tonight. These two SHOULD be the ones going home after tonight.

Got blog?

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-08-06, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
At least there is someone out there besides me that simply doesn't get all the "Pickler Love". I think her voice is very limited, and when she goes down to the lower level...its just not there. I don't really enjoy her voice either. But it appears as if Picker love is spreading across our country....

geekboy

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
I'm not there either. I think Kelli is good, but not great.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-08-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Kellie gets by on her looks and personality. I mean, compare her to Melissa, whose voice is better, but who has NO charisma. That's why I prefer Kellie.

Moves courtesy of Syren

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 06:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Here is how i see it after sleeping on it.

1 - Mandisa. No question.
2 - Katherine. Damn good
3 - Melissa. I loved it
4 - Kinnik
5 - Kellie
6 - Lisa
7 - Ayla
8 - Paris

I wouldn't mind seeing the two youngsters go home. I'm starting to believe that they need to raise the age minimum. I'm with Simon - they shouldn't be singing "adult" songs. Didn't work for me last night. And they obviosuly do NOT listen to Simon.

geekboy

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-06, 06:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1. Katharine. She was the best all around.
2. Mandisa. Great, but she was a little "screamy" at the end. One bit, she actually screamed. What it boils down to, for me, is would I buy her album. No. She's too big, too strong, too loud every time, but this performance of hers was the one I've liked most.
3. Lisa Tucker. She's pretty great, and very consistent. She's got a pretty voice that doesn't have to be super over-used to make an impression. She can do "big" without "going all Mandisa" and singing every song so hard.

4. Paris. I am a little over her, though.
5. Kellie. It was okay. A little rough actually, but still entertaining.
6. Melissa McGhee. Better song for her to sing, she just sounds like a hardcore smoker. She's just a little past "attractive rasp" into "unhealthy sounding."

7. Ayla. I dig her, but that song was horrible. I had never heard it, either. Just didn't enjoy it, though I typically rank her high.
8. Kinnik. That was painful to listen to.

Melissa and Kinnik should be gone. (Ayla has improved and is usually higher, so I'm taking that into account when I vote.)

soldiersmom 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail soldiersmom Click to send private message to soldiersmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
People I actually did not FF thru on my TIVO

1. Katharine
2. Mandisa.
3. Kellie.

Got about 1/2 thru and went meh who's next

4. Melissa McGhee
5. Paris

People who I listed to the first oh 20-30 sec and went uggg - thats awful.

6. Lisa
7. Kinnick
8. Ayla

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1.) Katharine
2.) Lisa
3.) Kellie
4.) Mandisa
5.) Ayla
6.) Paris
7.) Melissa
8.) Kinnik

Melissa and Kinnik are going home I think.

Ayla deserves another chance, she didn't have a great night but has lots of potential. She'll make it through to the top 12.

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1. Katharine--Clearly superior.
2. Mandisa--Best performance yet.
3. Melissa--Wow. Much better than I expected.
4. Lisa--Very good.
5. Kellie--Good.
6. Ayla--Different and okay.
7. Paris--Agree-she is regressing.
8. Kinnik--Doesn't know who she is as a singer.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Instead of doing my own list, I am going to ditto mrc because that's (basically) what my list would have looked like anyway (with 3, 4, 5 being switched up a bit - maybe).

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-06, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Last night was a marked improvement for the ladies, but still most are forgettable. I have 3 that are MUSTS in my top 6 and the rest are meh . . .

Last Night’s Ranking (Last 2 weeks 1, 2)

MUST BE IN TOP 6
1 -- MANDISA (7, 4) -- FINALLY a performance I can get behind. She rocked it & knows it.

2 -- KATHARINE MCPHEE (1, 5) -- Always great vocals, but finally a performance that let her personality come through.

3 -- KELLIE PICKLER (3, 2)-- My third fave vocal of the night, but tied in 1st for personality with Mandisa. She is SO cute & sweet, which would make me sick if I didn’t believe it was 100 % real. It’s a shame she wasn’t on last season, because coming off a Carrie win I’m not sure if the voters will let her stay long. I can’t wait to see how much better she’ll get with training through the competition.

Would Like to See Make Top 6
4 -- Lisa Tucker (2, 1) -- No denying that she has a beautiful voice & she’s a beautiful girl, but those eyebrows are still out of control. She needs to tone down the facial expressions.

5 -- Ayla Brown (5, 7) -- Good performance last night, but she’s still middle-of-the-pack for me. I’d like to see what she can do, but don’t see her lasting long if she makes it this week.

Underwhelmed & Wouldn’t Miss
6 -- Paris Bennett (4, 8) -- Paris has disappointed me the most this competition. She has been pitchy in all her performances & I don’t understand why the judges are so NON-critical of that. Yes, she is cute, but give this girl the criticism she deserves so she’ll IMPROVE. As long as Mandisa & Lisa are in the top 6, I don’t need Paris unless she starts singing IN TUNE!!!!!

7 - Melissa McGhee (8, 6) -- I had high hopes for her -- kinda my underdog pick. Good song choice for her voice last night & she did pretty good, but I thought she was shouting too much, rather than singing & I think her performance came off as desperate.

8 -- Kinnik Sky (6,3) -- Somebody mentioned last week on these boards that they couldn’t understand what she’s singing. I listened carefully last night & she IS a mushmouth. Yucky. She’s cute & talented, but there is far better this season. I won’t miss her.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
I agree completely with everything CattyChat said, especially these two things:

re: Kelly "She is SO cute & sweet, which would make me sick if I didn’t believe it was 100 % real. It’s a shame she wasn’t on last season, because coming off a Carrie win I’m not sure if the voters will let her stay long. I can’t wait to see how much better she’ll get with training through the competition";

and

re: Paris "Paris has disappointed me the most this competition. She has been pitchy in all her performances & I don’t understand why the judges are so NON-critical of that."

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-08-06, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-06 AT 09:46 AM (EST)

It's funny about Paris and the judges. My husband and I both thought her performance last night was horrible and expected to see some criticism from the judges but they all pansied out! I think they are scared to say anything harsh to her because of who her family is. The girl needs some criticism because she's falling into a bad rut.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1. Katherine- awesome. The best part? She did make it look effortless.
2. Mandisa- great song choice for her.
3. Kelly- girl is too cute and I agree with Simon, I prefer her over Carriebot.
4. Lisa- nice voice
5. Paris- she needs to wow each week to win this.
6. Ayla- have no idea what that song is, but I like her better then the next two.
7. Melissa- ugh
8. Kinnik- How did she make the top 24?

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
My top three would have to be Mandisa, Katherine and Lisa. These three clearly have very great voices and with more experience I see them as making it.

Ayala gets a point for really trying but honestly I felt her voice was next to a whisper last night and the dance moves were so awkward in my opinion.

Melissa didn't do bad but I think her and Pickler fall somewhat in the same catagory. They don't have horrible voices but considering others, both man and woman, having better vocal abilities makes me feel they shouldn't beat them out of their chance in the top. Popularity and cuteness just isn't going to make me want to buy a cd or go to a concert.

Kinnik has ability but I agree she hasn't found who she is as a singer yet. Last night's performance was very pitchy.

I didn't really get to see Paris' performance other than the recap and I have to say the two seconds they showed sounded horrible. This girl has so much capability so why isn't she bringing it?

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-08-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1. Katharine McPhee - Loved her from the start and loved seeing her get into her song and show some presence on stage.
2. Mandisa - (what's with the one name thing..is she trying to be the next Cher or Madonna?) Loved the song as a whole but she did scream a few parts.

****all the rest are in the meh category with a few comments****

3. Kellie Pickler - She's got potential and she has so much fun up on that stage that it makes me smile to see her perform.
4. Melissa McGhee - She's got a different sound and I like that about her.
5. Ayla Brown - Not the greatest song choice but she still has a nice voice and I was glad to not see her do another ballad.
6. Paris Bennett - She's falling lower and lower with me each week. I think she thinks she has this in the bag so isn't performing her best for us.
7. Lisa - Snore, snorey, snore. Now I know what to put on if I'm having trouble sleeping. Pick an upbeat song for once!!!
8. Kinnik Sky - One word......Yuck.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1. Kellie - cute, hot, sweet. Not the most talented, but she's just precious! And like someone else said, that "country gal" stuff would get old, 'cept it's really her and not an act.

2. Katharine - also hot, with more talent.

3. Mandesa - she was pretty good, but I HATE HATE HATE that song.

4. Paris - as was also said, not as good as other times, but the judges let her slide.

5. Melissa - good song for here, but she won't make it much farther.

6. Ayla - eh.

7. Kinnik - ick. off key, and not enough talent there to overcome it.

Should go - Kinnik, Ayla
Will go - Kinnik, Melissa

It's VERY obvious that the judges have picked their faves, and even a horrible performance won't knock them from their pedestals...Paris, Lisa, Mandesa, Kellie.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1. Mandesa--great work and great song choice!

2. Katherine-she did pull it off

3. Ayla--I liked this song and I think she did it well

4. Kelly-good choice for her not as nervous

5. Lisa-not a good choice but she'll sail thru like Simon said..I think I don't like her (like Kelly bc everyone says YOU HAVE TO LOVE HER)

6. Paris--bad choice and not done well..ditto on Lisa but I do like her

Will and should go

7. Melissa--you could tell at the end she knew she messed up..I just don't see her beating any of the other ones above

8. Kinnik-I even could tell that song was off tune...she has abs. no chance

Does it really matter? I'm gonna win this thing

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Gosh - the women are all really unimpressive, and song choices - ick!

1) Mandisa - I guess
2) Lisa - Not much to say
3) Kellie - I think I like the song choice better than her rendition
4) Katharine
5) Ayla
6) Paris -- I think she'll get in the top 6, but is really quite overrated
7) Melissa
8) Kinnik - too bad, she could have been a lot better

CBailey 274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CBailey Click to send private message to CBailey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1. Kellie
2. Mandisa
3. Paris-She did do really bad last night and I was shocked when the judges didn't tell her that.
4.Katharine
5. Lisa
6. Melissa
7. Kinnk

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-08-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
1) Katharine ~ Wow! And hot.
2) Mandisa ~ Wow! And pretty, but not hot.

Everyone else is just filler...

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Four dead birds:

1 - Mandisa. Hate that song, but I love Mandisa. She's a natural and a professional. I love her confidence.
2 - Katherine. Katherine has a nice voice and really did sound like she didn't have to put any effort into singing the song. She's very pretty. I want her cheekbones.

Two dead birds:
3 - Lisa. Nice voice but nothing really stands out about her yet. She needs to develop her own style. Definitely has promise if she gets to stick around.
4 - Ayla. I hate to see someone get the shaft because of a bad song choice. Let's hope she's learned her lesson.

One dead bird:
5 - Kellie. Someone told her to shake her head violently while singing so that her stringy hair flies into her face and lays there while she sings through it. She listened to them. I hate it when she does it, so I don't look at her anymore. When you're not looking at her while she sings, and when you're in the kitchen fixing a sammich while she's doing her little cutesy interview with Ryan, you realize she pretty much sucks.
6 - Paris. She's getting cocky. She should be voted off just for thinking she's safe. It would shock her, and that makes good TV.

Droppings:
7 - Melissa. I just don't like her.
8 - Kinnik. I like her, but she can't find her style, and she's run out of time.

Rolly made this.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
like the nerd that I am I write down the singer, the song, my opinion of the performance and then what the judges said. I will only admit that on this board anyway on to my picks:

#1 Katherine hands down my fave

#2 Lisa she's consistantly good

#3-7 boring people I barely remember (I dont have my "notes" at work with me)

#8 Mandisa--Sorry I find her screechy maybe its just the awful song last night ( I HATE that song) once she busts out and does something NOT screechy she'll move up

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
This is the first week I was able to watch the women…it doesn’t seem like I’ve missed much. Rather than straight vocal ability, the thing I found myself looking for, longing for, was energy. Energy, energy, energy!!! Only Mandisa (and to a lesser extent Kellie & Ayla) performed as though she LOVES music & singing. Paris, Lisa & Katherine in particular performed more like they just want people to watch them. There’s your top six. Kinnik & Melissa were just bad.

Mandisa, “I’m Every Woman”
This was clearly the best performance of the night. Simon was right – she’s in a different league. She would bleed on the stage for us. An HONEST performance. I also love that it was Chaka Kahn’s song, not Whitney Houston’s.

Ayla Brown, “Unwritten”
While I agree with Randy that the song itself is unimpressive, I think Ayla’s performance was just fine. My first thought when she started singing: Halleluiah! Energy! People will disagree with me on this, but I think she’s a better performer than Lisa and Paris because she really put honest energy into it rather than going through tried-and-true motions like L&P.

Kellie Pickler, “I’m the Only One”
Another honest, energetic performance. Not the best singer in the group, but certainly good enough, which coupled with her stage presence, puts her closer to the top for me. I also squealed with glee when Simon said he likes her better than Carrie. HEEE! Yes, Carrie is a better singer…but so what? I’ll take Kellie Hayseed over Carrie Cyborg any day.

Katharine McPhee, “Think”
Clearly a good singer, but as with most of the ladies tonight, I’m left wondering if she’s anemic or on Quaaludes. Where is the energy tonight? She was boring.

Paris Bennett, “Conga”
Yeah, she sings well, but kinda dull. No energy! (yes, I realize that I’m starting to sound like a broken record) Didn’t like that she messed so much with the melody – if you’re going to ad lib, do it sparingly -- you have to show that you know the melody and can sing it before you change it up. She did it so much it just made me think she can't really sing the song.

Lisa Tucker, “Where I Stand”
Again, obviously she can sing, but where’s the excitement? This was an example of how “polish” can let you down, her presence came off as false, put-on because it was all polish, no heart. Plus, as Randy said, when you sing a song that actually CALLS FOR runs, that’s based in gospel…you’d better kick it out. The AMAZING young girl who sang this in the move “Camp” is stuck in my ears, and she makes Lisa sound like white rice.

Melissa McGhee, “What About Love?”
The “smoky” tone in Melissa’s voice is actually a technique problem – her voice is not focused properly, it’s being pushed through her throat, and she’s not supporting & using her breath efficiently. That decreases her power and her endurance. If she stays (which I doubt) she will be the one losing her voice. That’s what Simon was referring to when he said she shouted. Plus, as soon as the song ended, she made a horrible, defeated face. She gave up.

Kinnik Sky, “If I Ain’t Got You”
No energy, terrible pitch problems. Very elegant, smooth lady – but ultimately boring & not skilled enough. She’ll be leaving

rjac21 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjac21 Click to send private message to rjac21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-06 AT 05:19 PM (EST)

95% of the time I agree with everything that Simon says. However, I thought that Melissa was amazing last night and she was BY FAR one of the best. I am so sick of the slow songs these girls are picking. I think she really stood out. There is nothing hotter than a female rocker!

1. Katharine - Hott and has the best voice.
2. Mandisa - One of the worst songs OF ALL TIME. But I still enjoyed her. Although I can not stress enough how much I HATE that song. I almost didn't listen.
3. Melissa - We need a female rocker to make it far!
4. Kellie - I like her a lot, but I don't think she is that great.
5. Lisa - Great voice, but hate all her slow songs.
6. Ayla - Like her, but not a good performance

7. Kennik - Like her, but she will be going for sure
8. Paris - Get her out! She is too much like Fantasia (who totally sucks). Can't wait til she is shocked when she doesn't make the top 12!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Tier One All By Herself - Mandisa

Tier Girl Ain't Got No Soul - Katherine (I suppose if you had never heard Aretha, you might think this one was great - but I have, and Katherine fell as far short of Aretha as Heather did last week from Mariah - fortunately for her, the night as a whole suvked)

Tier Boring - Paris, Lisa

Tier Dressed Up Like A Tart - Ayla

Tier Quit Yelling At Me - Melissa

Tier That Ain't No Playing Dumb Schtick - Kellie

Tier Have Some Lovely Parting Gifts - Kinnik

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rankings, Women 03/07/06"
Heee!! Truly the tiers of a clown.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •