The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possible twist I haven't seen discussed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LuckyLu 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-07-01, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LuckyLu Click to send private message to LuckyLu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possible twist I haven't seen discussed"
What if they steal an idea from Boot camp - whoever gets booted out gets to take someone with them?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possible twist I haven't seen d... dabo 11-07-01 1
 RE: Possible twist I haven't seen d... zzz 11-07-01 2
 How about stealing from BB? Fast Eddie 11-07-01 3
   RE: How about stealing from BB? LuckyLu 11-07-01 5
       RE: How about stealing from BB? dabo 11-07-01 8
           RE: How about stealing from BB? heresy 11-07-01 10
               RE: How about stealing from BB? dabo 11-07-01 11
 RE: Possible twist I haven't seen d... Drive My Car 11-07-01 4
   Good question? zzz 11-07-01 6
   RE: Possible twist I haven't seen d... true 11-07-01 7
       SHAKES! Bebo 11-07-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-01, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possible twist I haven't seen discussed"
I don't think it's possible for Survivor to lose more than one player per episode and still come in with the 13 (plus a filler) episodes it's supposed to.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-07-01, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Possible twist I haven't seen discussed"
The problem with that twist is that it would violate the one rule of Survivor that I believe they must keep--ONE person is voted off every three days. Other than that, pretty much everything other "rule" is up for grabs. But that rule I believe must remain. "Taking someone with" would mess up the entire TV schedule because you would lose an episode (or more if the rule remained for future TCs).

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "How about stealing from BB?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-01 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

I agree that taking out 2 at once is just not on. But how about this: the person booted designates the next person to have immunity.

LuckyLu 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-07-01, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LuckyLu Click to send private message to LuckyLu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How about stealing from BB?"
I like that even better. I couldn't come to terms with losing so many people in my original idea, but I haven't liked any of the other scenarios either.

It fits with the TWIST and it fits with changing who you are loyal to and who you vote for. It solves the problems associated with 3 teams and with splitting up the rewards.

But, still a problem of course is why would the first 15 minutes be so important? And, what happens if your tribe doesn't come back to TC before the merge? What advantage does that give you to be the one with Immunity?

11-07-01, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How about stealing from BB?"
No, the person booted is the person booted period. Allowing anyone to designate immunity from one episode to the next would eliminate all the Immunity Challenges, not gonna happen.

Next thing we'll be hearing about is bringing people back from Loser Island.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-07-01, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How about stealing from BB?"
>No, the person booted is the person booted period. Allowing
>anyone to designate immunity from one episode to the next
>would eliminate all the Immunity Challenges, not gonna happen.

They could have two people with immunity, one being nominated by the prior bootee, and another being the winner of the challenge. This would really change the dynamics of the game. There are several twists that could be done to make it interesting. Do they let the person know they have immunity before the competition? If they know, can they choose whether they want to compete to prevent someone else from getting immunity?

However, I don't think EPM would do something this drastic this season, and I don't think that this is the "twist" this season. I would expect to be told about this rule at tribal council the week that the first individual IC occurs.

>Next thing we'll be hearing about is bringing people back from
>Loser Island.

YIKES! Goddess forbid!

11-07-01, 11:38 PM (EST)
11. "RE: How about stealing from BB?"
>They could have two people with
>immunity, one being nominated by
>the prior bootee, and another
>being the winner of the
>challenge. This would really
>change the dynamics of the
>game. There are several
>twists that could be done
>to make it interesting.
>Do they let the person
>know they have immunity before
>the competition? If they
>know, can they choose whether
>they want to compete to
>prevent someone else from getting
>immunity?
>
Ah, good, it's solved then, yes, this is obviously what they're going to do, boy am i glad we got this resolved finally.

>However, I don't think EPM would
>do something this drastic this
>season, and I don't think
>that this is the "twist"
>this season. I would
>expect to be told about
>this rule at tribal council
>the week that the first
>individual IC occurs.
>
Nope nope nope, you got it solved, no backtracking, tagteam immunity is obviously the answer yepyepyep i'll bet my socks on it!

>>Next thing we'll be hearing about is bringing people back from
>>Loser Island.
>
>YIKES! Goddess forbid!

Well, one thing I think we can be absolutely certain of, MB isn't going to swipe ideas from other shows (except official variations of "Survivor" possibly), that's the job of other shows to do to him.

SMILES ARE FREE.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Possible twist I haven't seen discussed"
Sometimes I really miss the Clown

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Good question?"
Whatever happened to shakes?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Possible twist I haven't seen discussed"
ROTFLMAO!! Buggy! Thanks for the huge laugh! OMG! <click> Really, I'm crying here! I just had to respond....sorry spoiler peeps, but the BUG is right! SHAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEESSSSSSSS.....

true

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "SHAKES!"
Buggy hit the nail on the head here.

But if you really want some fun, Shakes would pop a few blood vessels if he visited TAR board.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •