The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Time to vote"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-06-01, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Time to vote"
No discussion (do that on the relevant threads), just your vote for which theory you now believe will come to pass this week.

My vote: virtual merge (tribes come together physically but continue to compete as separate tribes until the real merge at episode 7).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Permanent (until merge)Three-Person... TaurusII 11-06-01 1
 Permanent Switch of 2 people PagongRatEater 11-07-01 2
 2 fer 2 switch dabo 11-07-01 3
 3 tribes/1 camp zzz 11-07-01 4
   RE: 3 tribes/1 camp Fast Eddie 11-07-01 6
 Whatever AyaK says... dangerkitty 11-07-01 5
 3 for 3 Swap Krautboy 11-07-01 7
   RE: One for One Swap.....with the "... Dalton 11-07-01 13
 Swedish switch (1-1) Bebo 11-07-01 8
 2 for 2 switch Swami 11-07-01 9
   Early merge 5Foot3 11-07-01 10
 One-For-One Tribe Member Trade (Per... MC_Hampster 11-07-01 11
 Switch players between tribes Loree 11-07-01 12
 Swedish Switch Outfrontgirl 11-07-01 14
 Reward Challenge Bungler 11-07-01 15
 3 for 3 s_man 11-07-01 16
 Vote totals so far... AyaK 11-07-01 17
 1 for 1 switch... tari on safari 11-08-01 18
 3 for 3 Swap Sexy Spearchucker 11-08-01 19
 RE: Time to vote Round Robin 11-08-01 20
 random retribing, delayed merge King William 11-08-01 21
 Early Full Merge IceCat 11-08-01 22
 3 tribes turtle 11-08-01 23
 3 tribes, centralized camp George Tirebiter 11-08-01 24
 Swedish Swap with hostage situation... anotherkim 11-08-01 25
 Swedish switch..... MDSkinner 11-08-01 26
 Swedish Style Swap MakeItStop 11-08-01 27
 RE: 3 for 3 swap ivoryElephant 11-08-01 28
 Business as Usual TODDLJ 11-08-01 29
 3 for 3 rwj3eb 11-08-01 30
 2 for 2 swap + materials FesterFan1 11-08-01 31
 1-1 Swap sleeeve 11-08-01 32
 Swedish Swap HomeBrewer 11-08-01 33
   Vote totals to date s_man 11-08-01 34
 Swap 3 munson 11-08-01 35
 3 for 3 Rain Crow 11-08-01 36
 3 for 3 Ottawa_guy 11-08-01 37
 1-1 swap AyaK 11-08-01 38
 RE: Time to vote katem 11-08-01 39
 Permanent 2 Person Swap AresMars 11-08-01 40
   2 Person Swap - Teresa voted out SwtDkDdy 11-08-01 42
 Early full Merge dangerboy 11-08-01 41
 3-person swap trillian 11-08-01 43
 FINAL Vote Total AyaK 11-08-01 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TaurusII 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-06-01, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TaurusII Click to send private message to TaurusII Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Permanent (until merge)Three-Person Swap with Presents"
Well, somebody has to get this board rolling...

More opportunity for "shattering" interpersonal interaction.

What to call the tribes? "Samban" and "Boruru"

)O_II

PS. And with my record, this is probably completely wrong!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-01, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Permanent Switch of 2 people"
I think that they will switch two people, but I don't think it will just be a random reassignment. This is totally a guess, but I think that they will involve a challenge somehow and perhaps the winner of the challenge gets to choose which
member(s) they get to move over. Any more than two people moving over would make more than half of the tribe brand new. Two people would allow the new tribe to retain most of its old identity, but still shake things up.

If Boran gets to choose there is no question that they would take the younger (apparently) stronger members and break up the GXA.

Again, I don't think that there is any conclusive or compelling evidence for any one theory over another, so I'm going with this one. Only 30 more hours until we find out!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "2 fer 2 switch"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-01 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

Early merge straight would only escalate the game into Act Two and get the Pangonging going.

Early merge tribes continue to compete as tribes isn't a sufficient enough change to meet the hype.

1 fer 1 switch could accomplish everything stated in hype but no guarantee.

3 fer 3 switch is too drastic, eliminates established tribal identities setting game back too far.

Three teams scenario is too complicated.

Sex theory is cute but not on my TV, please.

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "3 tribes/1 camp"
I think just about anyone who has been reading the board over the past week knows what my reasons are. I am ready to be wrong but really hope I am right.

P.S. If the twist is not 3 tribes, it must be some form of swap. If the twist is neither, then I will really feel like an idiot.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 3 tribes/1 camp"
I think that I can safely predict that, whatever happens, by late Thursday evening the majority of us will feel like idiots.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-07-01, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Whatever AyaK says..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-01 AT 09:25 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-07-01 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

Hehe, well I'm not entirely joking! I can't keep up with all this myself and he is the smartest man in the world!

I vote for a one-player swap, connected with the Reward Challenge. In the context of the game and what's going on out there, that is enough to wreak havoc in many ways. Sitting at home, objectively thinking about strategy is one thing, but for the players, it's way more emotional and complicated and earth-shattering. The mega-hype that we are getting from the previews doesn't just mean the nuts-and-bolts of it, it means how the players react. It won't take much of a tweak to get the kind of reaction that is being described.

Here's the basics:

-A Survivor First: I think having any kind of interaction with anyone from the other tribe qualifies.

-Three tribes: No. It's just too complicated. Just the fact that so much effort would have to go into explaining the new rules and set-up is an instant turn-off. Viewers want to be shocked and see action and reaction, not have to learn new rules. I can think of a lot of scenarios where the "3 tribe" rumor could have started and MB just let it happen. In Ep 4 TC, Frank said it in so many words! "We are two tribes living in one." (And zzz, I know you have lots of posts on the board about this, no need to reply to this one too - no offense intended, just saying).

_Every alliance/friendship shattered: Overstated, but as I said above, one new person will cause a great deal of upheaval within a tribe, and individuals will be nervous about their current alliance when they see others talking with the new person. There are a lot of ways this can play out.

I apologize if this is too much "discussion" for this thread - but I haven't posted much on the other threads and they are just so scattered at this point that I don't know where to jump in. So, you've got my thoughts but I am not looking for any replies or comments to them - I can tell what everyone thinks by seeing posts elsewhere. Thank God it's almost Thursday, won't it be fun to find out the truth!!!

Edited to say: Of course the SOTS is beautifully organized (thanks sleeeve - amazing! And thanks for the plug ) - but it's already almost 60 posts strong and I'd rather not add on.)

OMG this is my second edit - just to say the the water/food is either considered to be included in the reward or included in the swap, whatever - but this has to be solved. Ep 4 set us up for that, clearly, and IceCat has made excellent points about the water.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-07-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "3 for 3 Swap"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-01 AT 07:22 PM (EST)

I've said it before, i'll say it again...

Only swapping tribe members could shatter "...every alliance...", and it would have to be more than one tribe member to do it.

A 3 for 3 swap makes the split a fair 50-50. The 3 new members are on an equal footing with the old members(3-3).

(Foreshadowing 3 members crossing the river; "switching sides")

At the same time, the water problem can be solved by allowing the 3 departing members of the Boran tribe to take their "half" of the water with them and allows the departing Samburu members to take their "half" of their food with them.

The new tribes will have equal amounts of food, water, and voting power. "Fair" to all involved, except for those whose alliances were "shattered".

The logistics of all this will replace the RC, because everyone will get a reward of food and water anyway.

Krautboy

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-07-01, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: One for One Swap.....with the "Twist" being..."
that Boran has no control over who is picked and Samburu has no control over who is picked. I won't reiterate the many ways this can be done but it is much more "shattering" to lose ONE tribe member at random or through the Reward Challenge than getting to decide.

IMO...(sorry Krautboy) MB trying to switch out 3 people (half of each tribe) is OVER KILL and would only make ordinary viewers of the show peeved to the point of not watching anymore!! The BASIS of Survivor is the TRIBES....One person could switch but not three! OH, and water/food will be exchanged; that can easily be done with one person instead of half a tribe.

Anyway switching ONE person is all it would take to fulfill all the "hype" about the twist. ANY person from the Samburu tribe who lands up with Boran is going to upset the balance of GXA/OFA!!! If only in that the previous 4 votes against Lindsey and 3 votes against Silas may come to light.

Dalton

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Swedish switch (1-1)"
Why reinvent the wheel? MB can do something new for the US audience by using something tried and true from the European.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "2 for 2 switch"
Three tribe/one camp theory is too wierd. Besides, we have had 3 tribes for the last few episodes anyway: 2 of them live in Samburu camp, one lives in Boran.

2 for 2 is like Swedish switch, but twice as nice.

Swami

5Foot3 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-07-01, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5Foot3 Click to send private message to 5Foot3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Early merge"
I would love for something more exciting to happen but I can't let myself believe that. Mark loves to hype things up and that is what he has done...

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-07-01, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "One-For-One Tribe Member Trade (Permanent)"
Same reasons as mentioned by someone else. Why reinvent the wheel? (although it sounds like maybe on the Swedish version of the show, it wasn't permanent)

-MC

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Switch players between tribes"
I think they will exchange 1-3 players between the 2 tribes. I like the idea of 3 players. But it will probably be 1 player like in the Swedish version.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Swedish Switch"
My reasoning's put forth in Post #57 on the SOTS thread.

Opposite team will get to pick a hostage, per AyaK.
Hostage will provide swing vote and won't get booted.
Some element of the swap will restore Samburu's ability to purify water or give them some clean water (and Boran will get food to make it equitable).

No early merge.
Second twist will be implemented at merge episode and perhaps announced in Ep 6 at IC--such as continued team challenges while in one camp.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-07-01, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Reward Challenge"
It's as simple as RC (otherwise the first 15 minutes B.S. wouldn't be hyped quite so heavily).

I have no idea what the challenge will be, but I suspect the Reward will be the ability to handpick a team member from the opposing tribe to join your tribe. And I see Boran winning. This will shake up alliances on all sides. If Boran picks a GXA member, this leaves the Samburu mallies down 3-2 against the geezers, and down 5-7 compared to Boran (which could prove fatal at an IC, especially if Boran picks Silas or Frank). At Boran, the newcomer stirs things up for all the previously determined alliances within their tribe. It also leaves the newcomer feeling one of two ways (or, hell, maybe even both): 1) feeling vulnerable as the newcomer and likely first bootee from a previously-bonded tribe, or 2) feeling cocky that s/he was worthy of being poached, and arrogant enough to muscle in on one or another previously-formed alliances.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "3 for 3"
Most logical, as if anything is this week.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Vote totals so far..."
This is post #17, summarizing 15 votes.

Swedish switch (1-1)....6
3-3 swap....................3
2-2 swap....................3
3 tribes......................1
Early merge.................1
RC is "Draft a player".....1

tari on safari 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-08-01, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tari%20on%20safari Click to send private message to tari%20on%20safari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "1 for 1 switch..."
..with Boran in control.Samburu is punished for "sleeping in".
Sorry, can't get over that theory...

Sexy Spearchucker 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-08-01, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to send private message to Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "3 for 3 Swap"
Seems to be the most likely considering it will shatter the alliances.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Time to vote"
I vote for Fast Eddie's virtual merge. This will bring the tribes together before Frank and Teresa get tossed, thus revealing the GXA's votes against them and exposing what a bunch of lazy bums the GXA are. Time to start kissing some arse, punks!

King William 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-08-01, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20William Click to send private message to King%20William Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "random retribing, delayed merge"
I am going to go with a complete reshuffle coupled with no individual ICs until ep 9.

Why?
1) Ratings: I think Burnett wanted to shore up the sagging middle of the season (predictable)
2) Symmetry: They'll spend as long with the new tribe as the old tribe

My Hedge: 3 tribes/one camp

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Early Full Merge"
Using Samburu's water 'crisis' as a reason, an early full merge occurs:

A single tribe of 12 at one location;
RC and IC are individual;
Frank spills the beans about Silas' and Lindsey's prior votes;
Silas comes in second to Clarence on individual IC;
Silas voted off.

turtle 23 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail turtle Click to send private message to turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "3 tribes"
what the hell...

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "3 tribes, centralized camp"
What the hell--I've been asking about this for a couple weeks or longer, might as well back myself up. . .

I don't think this will be an actual merge (restrictions on interactions?) I think the GXA will be split and ultimately fall, some bizarre groupings will occur (please, let them stick BrandiBoy with Tom the Goat Man!), prior votes will become common knowledge (therefore--buh bye Lindsey, Silas, and Clarence before too long!), and individual strategies will replace all this sickening cliquishness. Centralized camp to address safety concerns as sentry duty needs to be shared among fewer and fewer people.

Hate to go against all the REAL brainiacs, but this is bound to be a less embarrassing declaration than "Dicque can't possibly win--he's too big an asshole!" With everything that's NOT happened this week, I don't think any of us can be faulted for what we concoct from almost zero promotion and a crapload of speculation.

Only thing for sure: Mark Burn-it is at the top of my sh¡t list for sucking me into such a convoluted soap opera!

GT

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Swedish Swap with hostage situation."
Kim
The Kim with no sig...gotta get a sig.....

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Swedish switch....."
to me this has been done before, it satisfies everyones expectations and it seems to be the most logical.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-08-01, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Swedish Style Swap"
I believe a one-for-one swap will occur. Any other type of twist would destroy tribal identities, and in my opinion that would be too big of a change. Every alliance and friendship shattered/destroyed -- just an overstatement. It's not like we haven't seen that before!

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-08-01, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: 3 for 3 swap"
They will trade three players from each tribe, not sure wich three though. Mall Alliance is SCREWED! Except for that Hottie Kim P.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-08-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Business as Usual"
No significant twist, just a lot of hype.

rwj3eb 161 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rwj3eb Click to send private message to rwj3eb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "3 for 3"
n/a

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "2 for 2 swap + materials"
I think a 2 for 2 swap is most likely. 3 camps brings up too many questions. Early merge doesn't make sense to me. 1 for 1 won't do much to split alliances. 3 for 3 would cause tribe identity confusion.

2 for 2 would go further to split alliances while retaining tribal identities. I also think that there will be an exchange of materials. I doubt Boran will be forced give up some of their water, since that was won in a competition with Samburu, but rather one of their boiling pots. I'm not sure what they will get from Samburu, but I doubt it will be food. I also doubt it will be the cart or anything that Samburu won in a challenge. Maybe some mosquito netting to replace the netting that they ruined for the IC?

Of course, this is total speculation...

“I'm a walking mistake”-Lindsey, Nov. 1, 2001

You said it, babe.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-08-01, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "1-1 Swap"
precident... MB won't try anything insane.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

HomeBrewer 104 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HomeBrewer Click to send private message to HomeBrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Swedish Swap"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-01 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

I agree with Triple-e Sleeeve on this one. It has been done before, but the Viewing audience has not seen it, and the contestants will not be expecting it. New for them too.

edited because I need to revel in my Blistex!!! Now where is Colleen when you need her?

“Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.” -Winston Churchill

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Vote totals to date"
1:1 swap 12
3:3 swap 6
2:2 swap 4
3 tribes 4 (unclear if for 3 camps or 1 camp)
fell merge 2
RC is draft 1
Random shuffle of players 1
Business as usual, MB is full of.....himself 1

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-08-01, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Swap 3"
No other scenario fits the "will (not could or might) shatter (not weaken or test) alliances and friendships" in the episode preview.

This is also the only theory that fits with Sue's TV Guide preview regarding the weaker are still targets. (In a three tribe scenario where the two losing tribes go to IC, you will vote to weaken the other tribe by targeting their strongest, not eliminating your weakest. Your weakest would sit out the next challenge anyway.) And if the weak are still targets in E6, the merge will be delayed, probably by one week. The merged tribe now contains only the f2 and jury members.

I guess we'll know in a few hours....

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-08-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "3 for 3"
Oops! Almost forgot to vote for my favorite tribal shuffle. Simplest swap with the greatest effect and enough to shock the tribal members as shown in the very meager previews.

Ottawa_guy 6 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ottawa_guy Click to send private message to Ottawa_guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "3 for 3"
Although i would much perfer the 3 tribe idea. I think the dynamics of it would be just to big a change.

1-1 doesn't do enough, no matter who gets moved.

It better damn well be worth all the hype!

11-08-01, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "1-1 swap"
It's simple, it's effective (look at how much consternation it will cause the GXA), it's been done before by Castaway Productions in ExRob 2000, it changes the game but not so much that it would be unfair (or that we'd lose tribal identity), it's a realignment.

Thanks to s-man for the last vote subtotal.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-08-01, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Time to vote"
A one for one split is too boring, all it does is reveal to both tribes the secrets of the other.

I think two-for-two would rally stir things up.

We are ALL wrong anyway.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-08-01, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Permanent 2 Person Swap"
Samburu will trade for Amber and Kelly
Boran will trade for Colby and Joel

How the hell are we supposed to guess with zero information and everyone pully wildass theories from their bung holes.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

SwtDkDdy 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SwtDkDdy Click to send private message to SwtDkDdy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "2 Person Swap - Teresa voted out"
Two person swap most likely. One person wouldn't shake it up enough, and that single person would be at risk of being voted out due to remaining strong alliances. Three person swap is too much - would destroy identity of tribes. Early merge unlikely - too boring. Two person swap mixes it up nicely, screws up alliances, yet retains some of each tribe's original identity.

Most likely will be each tribe voting who they want to take from the other tribe (it would be too negative to vote out weakest link - despite fact that this is the show's premise - - indeed would result in tribes merely swapping girls - sorry to say it, but that's the what would happen). Obvious strategy is to choose the person who is strongest and most likely to assist in winning future RCs.

Boran chooses Frank and Silas; Samburu chooses Ethan and Clarence. Thus Boran will be: Frank, Silas, Tom, Lex, MammaKim and Kelly; while Samburu will be composed of: Clarence, Ethan, Brandon, Lyndsey, Kim and Teresa. The stronger of the new tribes, Boran, will win IC. Samburu goes to TC. New Samburu tentative alliance of the original mallrats plus Clarence and Ethan vote out Teresa, Samburu's weakest (although certainly not most annoying) link.

Hedge: Samburu alliance may vote Brandon out for sheer annoyance factor.
Editorial comment: if they must cast a gay man for ratings and p.c. purposes, next time try to pick one that isn't so stereotypically nelly.

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Early full Merge"
They all are crammed together and the punkazoids finally get what's coming to them.

j

trillian 20 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-01, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trillian Click to send private message to trillian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "3-person swap"
Everyone has presented excellent rationales for the various twist theories, making this a very difficult decision. In the end, the zebras convinced me.

11-08-01, 08:12 PM (EST)
44. "FINAL Vote Total"
This is post #44, summarizing 39 votes. It's a big ol' SWAG here before E5:

1-1 swap.........13
3-3 swap.........10
2-2 swap..........7
3 tribes............4
Early merge.......3
Random realign...1
It's all BS..........1

OK, now let's turn on Friends.... Wait a minute, Silas is the father of Rachel's baby? And Ross is fooling around with Kelly? Oh my, I'd better turn S3 back on now!

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •