The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-28-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
Is anyone else watching this show that premired last night on the Sci-Fi Channel. It is my newest guilty pleasure.

The basic premise of the show is there are crazy people in this world, and Stan Lee is their god. A collection of 12 wanna-be superheroes are competing to in a comic book by Stan Lee and a Sci-fi original TV movie based on their character. To prove the worth of their hero, they must live as the hero 24/7 and compete in bizarre challenges.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero Naked 07-28-06 1
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero Estee 07-28-06 2
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero Troll 07-28-06 3
 YES, YES, THE FUNNY!!!!! udg 07-29-06 4
 This show is a winner survivorscott 07-30-06 5
   RE: This show is a winner starshyn99 07-31-06 6
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero toddE 07-31-06 7
 Episode 2 silentJ 08-03-06 8
   RE: Episode 2 toddE 08-04-06 11
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero starshyn99 08-04-06 9
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero CattyChat 08-04-06 10
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero bystander 08-06-06 12
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero nailbone 08-08-06 13
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero CantStandToLook 08-08-06 14
   RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero ftaok 08-16-06 19
 any repeats? shakes the clown 08-08-06 15
   RE: any repeats? Estee 08-08-06 16
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero zombiebaby 08-11-06 17
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero SherpaDave 08-11-06 18
   RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero bystander 08-17-06 20
 Speaking of hypocrisy Estee 08-18-06 21
   RE: Speaking of hypocrisy bystander 08-18-06 22
       RE: Speaking of hypocrisy Estee 08-18-06 23
           RE: Speaking of hypocrisy bystander 08-18-06 24
   RE: Speaking of hypocrisy zombiebaby 08-18-06 25
       RE: Speaking of hypocrisy Estee 08-18-06 27
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero toddE 08-18-06 26
   call it quits ToddE shakes the clown 08-21-06 28
 RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero starshyn99 08-23-06 29
   I have to agree. zombiebaby 08-25-06 30
 Finale bystander 08-31-06 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-28-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-06 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

As I mentioned last night in Off-Topic, this is my new favorite reality show. I luaghed so hard that tears where roling down my face. My favorite charaters so far are Monkey Girl, and Major Victory. What a great concept for a show !!!

http://www.whowantstobeasuperhero.tv/

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-28-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-06 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

This should not be as much fun as it is -- but the last time I said that about a reality series was with Mad, Mad House, and guess which network that was on? Stan isn't the best host -- Stan may actually be computer-generated -- but the raw sincerity on some of the contestant's faces is amazing to watch. And when was the last time you saw a reality show where morality was an actual component?

I'll stay with it for now. Oh, and -- go, Major Victory! (But why does that name sound familiar?)

ETA: I think Levity was the wrong first boot -- I would have dumped Iron Enforcer -- but Nitro G was the right second one. How hard is it going to be to say these names for an entire season?

Troll 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-28-06, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Troll Click to send private message to Troll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
This show is absolutely hilarious. And has anyone noticed Captain Steroids chest yet??? His boobs don't match. I am sorry, more politically correct, his pecs. Anyway I am rooting for Major Victory. He has a sense of humor and after that run through the quad and the little girl...he wants to have fun with it.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-29-06, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "YES, YES, THE FUNNY!!!!!"
Oh. My. Heck.

Not only did I laught out loud REPEATEDLY, I convinced my husband to watch the first 10 minutes with me, and he actually liked it enough to watch the ENTIRE EPISODE. (If you knew my husband, you'd realize how big that is.)

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-30-06, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "This show is a winner"
Not a Weiner!

did anyone else think they should have played the Austin Powers Music as major Victory was running?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

07-31-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This show is a winner"
Either that, or the theme music to The Tick!

Come on, was I the only one who could think of The Tick the entire episode? I kept waiting for Bi-Polar Bear or Sewer Urchin to show up.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-31-06, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
This show is bizarre yet entertaining.

As a comic book geek of many years, I want to like it but...it's so cheezy. I guess that is the appeal. It is one of the few reality shows I can't imagine appearing on. Unless I could fly or cause earthquakes. Then I would call myself Tremor and wreak havok all about.

Of course, no one can just "be" a superhero. Do they get cash or just a one-shot comic?

Stan Lee, all props to the father of the genre. He created all the great Marvel heroes and was fresh in his day (that being more than 40 years ago). Now he is just so super square and behind the times, I wish they had a current comic writer/artist/ sometthing to balance out old curmudgeon Stan. I imagine the oxygen tank just below the desk, so he can pull it out off-camera.

I have this terrible feeling he is going to pick the ultra dull Feedback to win.

Now, on to the characters:
Iron Enforcer--why is he here? He looks redonkulous and doesn't meet Stan's moral barometer at all.

Monkey Woman--actually, love her look and her way of changing costume, but I think Stan is going to axe her soon, because she's not apparent in previews.

Cell Phone Girl--She has the most clever concept and I think she will last a long time,but I'm sure a guy will win.

Fat Momma--also very entertaining, but I think she can only go so far until her inability to do much of anything will eliminate her. LOVE her utility belt snacks!

Major Victory--I sort of don't think he'll win because there is already a comics character (I believe DC comics) called Major Victory and wouldn't that become trademark infringement if he were to win? Still "Who is this child's mother!?" was classic.

Lemuria--Golden Breasts is kind of dull and hard to figure at this point.

Tymeculus--Despite stiff competition, he has the worst name and costume of the bunch. so, he blows.

Feedback--his name works and he is the most cardboard of the entire group. Due to his extreme dullness, I expect Stan to pick him as the winner. Yet, he is a weiner. With him and MV as the two most "stereotypical," one must go and the other will likely win.

Levity--Well, I liked him. He had a noble goal to contrast with this desire to cash in. The only openly gay Marvel hero died recently. Now there are two queer teens in Young Avengers, and DC has a sexy lesbian Batwoman, but that's about it. OTOH, "Levity" wasn't really very funny. So he didn't live up to his name.

Nitro G-works in a comic shop, so sad to see him go. Plus, Stan axed the only apparent Jewish hero.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-03-06, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Episode 2"
It makes sense now. I knew Iron Enforcer was a plant and tonight's episode proved it. There's no way a guy with a gun that big could be what Mr. Lee is looking for. There was no reason for him to be on the show. I kept saying to myself, "He should be on who wants to be a diabolical mastermind?" Well, now we know.

08-04-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 2"
Well, I loved Cell Phone Girl, but then she had a headache. Very odd.

And Iron Enforcer was a total plant in retrospect. As he was leaving with his stupid comments, I thought it was weird, then when Stan appeared, I thought "this sure seems staged."

Still, I like the show pretty much. They keep showing a preview of the heroes and there are 6 of the current 7. They showed it after the first episode too. It had no Cell Phone Girl, Enforcer or Monkey Woman. I hope this doesn't mean Monkey Woman is next to go after her excellent showing last night. I am hoping that she was doing the challenge while the others watched, and that's why she isn't in that group.

08-04-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
Last night's episode was another winner (not a weiner)!

I just love the Dark Enforcer. I was wondering how you could have superheroes without a supervillian.

Oh, and I almost lost it when Major Victory was against the dogs. First off, he jumps in doing a little pose, tells the dogs, "I salute you ferocious beasts", picks them up and runs to the door and basically dry humps the door in victory.

And major props for Monkey Woman. That was rough to watch even.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-06, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
Hearing that this show had a lot of laughs, I watched the first 2 eps last night. I am not a comic book person, but always enjoy the big screen movie versions, so that is the extent of what I know.

Anyway, I never laughed so hard as I did last night. MV was such a character with the posing and the way he would speak. I hope he's in it for awhile just for the entertainment value. I was surprised he did as well as he did with the dogs. He's tougher than I thought and did it hilariously.

Monkey Woman is weak, but her costume is cool and when she climbed that tree to change, I was impressed. At least she's taking her character seriously in all aspects.

Stan Lee is a bore as the host and overall the show is really lame, but it works. H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.

Glad they finally dumped that Iron Enforcer guy. Yuck! Though I thought he should have been the first to go instead of the action figure guy.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-06-06, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
I saw the first two episodes. Got my DD hooked on it also. Very entertaining. Love Stan Lee on the TV screens. He's no actor but you can tell he's really into what it takes to be a superhero.

Tribe did me in the sun!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
I thought that the protective dog suit might have hindered some of the smaller "heroes", who could have used their speed and/or agility to avoid the dogs.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
I missed the first episode but I'm loving this show, especially the Dark Enforcer. That guy really did suck as a super-hero but looks great as a villian.

ftaok 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ftaok Click to send private message to ftaok Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
>I missed the first episode but
>I'm loving this show, especially
>the Dark Enforcer. That guy
>really did suck as a
>super-hero but looks great as
>a villian.

If you do iTunes, the iTMS has the 1st episode free.

I downloaded it last night and got halfway through before the wife gave me the stink eye for watching TV in bed.

ft

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "any repeats?"
I tivo'd it the other night, but I was wondering if anyone knows if they will be replaying the eps I missed.

Also, how many eps have there been so far? Like I said, I only started taping them this week.

08-08-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: any repeats?"
There will be six episodes: the most recently aired was the second. (So far, they've eliminated two per show.) Full schedule at http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3 : next (and possibly last for a while) repeat of the premiere is Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

(Apparently, I am Shakes' schedule agent.)

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
Oh no MonkeyWoman! Too bad but really she was not thinking like a superhero at all! I'll miss those bananas!

I can NOT believe that Fat Momma and Tyvelculous(whatever) nominated someone! They did not even go first or second to have the excuse to see what everyone was doing by nominating themselves.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
Monkeygirl was absolutely my favorite and I was very disappointed to see her go. And there is no way in hell that Dark Enforcer wasn't a plant in the same vein as ROTIART was in the first episode. He was so stiff an unbelievable from day one as an actual human being. Now suddenly he has character? Ch'yeah. Total. Plant.

Of who is left, my fave has gotta be Major Victory. I liked Fat Momma for a while, but her little bit about getting revenge against the others for Trivekius (or whatever his name was) and her cat fights with Lumeria (who I also don't like) have made me much less fond of her. And The Beast and Feedback are both lame, lame, lame.

Damn, I wish Monkeygirl hadn't been axed. LOVED her.

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

08-17-06, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
I see a Major Victory victory coming our way. He seem's to be really into it (not in the obsessed creepy way that Feedback is).

I loved in the first episode with the lost girl how he told her to jump up into his arms, as he looked for her mother. Cracked me up!

08-18-06, 07:10 AM (EST)
21. "Speaking of hypocrisy"
Stan, someone who has a big picture of Stripperella (who you helped co-create) behind his head has no right to criticize anyone about talking his clothes off. Oh, and by the way, maybe you should pay attention to what another one of your co-creations has been up to lately, because Spider-Man did just take his mask off. It was all over the news, so naturally you missed it..

I'm waiting for anyone to stand up to him. I don't think it's going to happen.

08-18-06, 08:43 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Speaking of hypocrisy"
*Sobs controllably uncontrollably*

Spiderman made me the man I am today.

*Sniffle Sniffle*

Tribe did me in the sun!

08-18-06, 09:02 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Speaking of hypocrisy"
Can't have. Peter has a much stronger moral compass than you do. I'm not sure you've even got a needle floating in a cup.

(And are you married to a model? Do archenemies come after you day and night? Have you ever made the front page of the Bugle? I don't think so.)

08-18-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Speaking of hypocrisy"
I'm more than a bird.
I'm more than a plane.
I'm more than a pretty face, beside a train.

It ain't easy to be me.

08-18-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Speaking of hypocrisy"
*wipes hair away from Estee's face*

I'm here for you.

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

That whole prisoner thing was staged right?

08-18-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Speaking of hypocrisy"
*as violent convict, removes hand at the wrist*

I can't see how it wouldn't have been for one simple reason: name one place in the nation that would have female and male prisoners on a work detail together.

Right. Zero. I wonder if any of the heroes spotted that? They were dealing with actors under orders to scare them, but not hurt them -- let them accomplish the tasks if they made any sort of workable approach, but otherwise bring on the terror.

Feedback's confession, however, sounded painfully real.

08-18-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
This show left me agape last night.

I don't know if it is completely fake, or if Feedback is honestly screwed up, but his tearful bit about Stan as his "father" calling him "son" because his dad committed suicide is in very poor taste if fake (which I kind of think) and if it is real, Stan and co. are really messing with a disturbed individual.

The bit with the prisoners was BEYOND FAKE!!!!! Feedback having the cuffs removed and doing the hugging bit was the most artificial acting bit EVER!

I was thinking the heroes were "real" (not in on the behind the scenes fakery) and everything else was fake. Again, those prisoners WERE SO FAKE! Now I am wondering if even the heroes are fake.

And Stan is totally gone. Heroes never take off their costumes? He repeatedly says things about heroes that haven't been true in years. In fact, the Fantastic Four, created by him and Jack Kirby, has been out of costume and their identities have been public since the 1960s.

I should drop this crap, but it's almost over so Ill stick it out. I'm stupid like that.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "call it quits ToddE"
You are completely right Todd. I turned the show off for good and erased it DURING the prisoner bit. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with the steroid freak turned villain thing, but after watchign the first half hour of this episode it is now obvious that this entire show is staged and faked even worse than pro wrestling.

I was embarassed for the network while watching the start of the prison bit.

Anyone still watching this show is pretty sad unless you don't mind fake and staged reality shows. I guess if you like Pro wrestling you could also get into this show, but I sure can't do it.

Good riddance to this show.

And about heros never getting rid of their costumes. I guess he must've been getting popcorn during the sceone in Spidy 2 when he threw away his costume into a garbage can.

08-23-06, 12:48 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Who Wants To Be A Superhero"
I have to agree with a lot of the recent comments about this show. I was so hopeful for it to be good, but this past week launched it towards almost unwatchable territory. As campy as the first few were, the last couple were just downright lame.

The prisioner thing was just awful. The woman has done some guest spots on soap operas (I think Passions) which coincidentally so has Major Victory's (aka Chris Watters). I just can't imagine that they would not recognize one another.

And either Feedback is majorly screwed up or an excellent actor (his has spots on several shows also).

The worst part is the show's concept is quite solid. There is no reason to ruin it with faked actors though. I am sure their are enough crazy people out there to do this show for real.

08-25-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
30. "I have to agree."
It did have promise with the campiness and all. I will watch the finale but it is way too scripted.

I too think they could have done this for real. The idea was good and there are plenty of people who would have done this without being actors.

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

08-31-06, 10:31 PM (EST)
31. "Finale"
Yikes.

Call me disappointed.

Was that Live at Universal City Walk? I'd never read That comic book.

Tribe did me in the sun!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •