The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-02-06, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
Is it me or is this new season just incredibly boring? The audition rounds were ho-hum, Hollywood week was nowhere near as entertaining as I remember it being and the first two weeks of performances have practically put me to sleep. Last night was the first performance show I actually watched live (I TiVo'd the other 3 and watched them the next day which means I could fast-forward the mindless banter between Simon and everyone else and just listen to the performances.) I only made it about halfway through the guys show before changing the channel in boredom. Even worse, there was nothing else on to watch so I wound up going to bed. I may take a pass on the rest of the season and just watch the final few weeks.

Luna's Eclipses

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? nazpink 03-02-06 1
 RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? Snidget 03-02-06 2
   RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? frisky 03-02-06 4
       RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? finallytyping 03-04-06 15
 RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? Glow 03-02-06 3
   RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? Tahj 03-02-06 9
   RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? aquariaqueen 03-02-06 10
 RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? geekboy 03-02-06 5
   RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? Glow 03-02-06 6
       RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? Magnolia_Rocker 03-02-06 8
 RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? bystander 03-02-06 7
   RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? beatlegirl 03-02-06 11
   RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? mistyrose52 03-02-06 12
       chris vs. bo niteowl 03-03-06 13
 RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? okaychatt 03-03-06 14
 RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed? Shabbylou 03-04-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-06, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
I definately got more laughs from watching last season's tryouts, seemed like they showed the idiots more than the actual good singers.

Honestly, I have been a bit underwhelmed, but I felt this way during this part of the show last season. I think once the weeding out process is over the show will become a bit more interesting. I usually wait until then to really watch but I've been watching due to a few faves.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
Well, I've been in underwhelmed mode since Season 2 ended. I don't find this season any more underwhelming than the last couple.

I still like it enough to watch and all, but I just find I'm not that excited about anyone.

I do think they have a pretty good cast of good voices this time. Hopefully more of them can ramp up the performance end of it without going into the over-posed, over-ogle at the camera thing. I want some sincere this song moves me in the performance. If you tell me it is your favorite song ever and you sang it in your bedroom every day when you were 8 or whatever, please for the love of all that is holy act like you enjoy the song when you sing. I mean I understand nerves and all, but some of them still have a bit too much of the singing this song is torture in their eyes or body language. I know it can take time to develop the ability to express yourself fully on stage, but really is it that terrible?

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
>Hopefully more of them can ramp up the performance end of it without going into the over-posed, over-ogle at the camera thing

I feel the same as you, Snidge. This is why I am now anti-Ace. I found the whole thing about the hat in his back pocket very manipulative. He was clearly trying to find a gimmick. Good singers don't need props, dude.

Rolly made this.

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-04-06, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-06 AT 11:37 PM (EST)

That whole expose almost made me ralph
my dinner. He is so ripe for parody. One moment he is staring
into the camera like he is a gift from heaven and the next
he looks like he is a deer caught in headlights.
His voice is so thin I keep on wanting to say, "what? speak up, laddie, I can't hear ya!"

Underwhelmed. Definitely, underwhelmed.

(major edit because I didn't mean to dis my fav Taylor.
He said tobaggan, not Ace. Taylor doesn't make me
want to puke, though, so he can talk all he wants about
covering up his hair with a cap.)

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
Ack! No way. I love the guys this season. I do agree with the Hollywood being not as entertaining. And I never liked the auditions (yet I always watch them).

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-02-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
And your boy rocked the house last night!

Moves courtesy of Syren

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-02-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
Best performance in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg time.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-02-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
If i'm being totally honest, i am very surprised that this crop of contestants, in SEASON FIVE, no less, has forgotten that this 3-week period is the time to WOW the judges and America.

They can pick any dang song they want, yet they are going with the cliched Stevie Wonder songs, Mariah songs, Motown songs and VERY SAFE songs.

You would think by now they would "get it", but obviously i'm wrong.

I'm disappointed with Taylor's picks, because this was his chance to shine w/ his unique voice. The only two really doing this I think are Mandisa and Chris.

geekboy

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
heh. Last night I was trying to guess who I thought the "top 12" were going to be and I was having trouble, especially with the girls. Trying to figure out who the upsets were going to be and who the surprises in the final 12 would be. Then I said it would be best if they could all go home and just let Chris and Mandisa battle it out.

I am hoping a boy wins this year though.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-06 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

I'm with you Glow. I wish they would do the tryouts as one big 2 hour opening show event. Bing Bam Boom...get it over with. Drawing it out over 2 weeks is excrutiating to me. Hollywood was pretty much what Hollywood usually is. But this bunch of guys are totally entertaining to me this year. The girls....meh. I could miss a girls show and not feel like I lost out on anything.

Girls = Underwhelmed
Guys = the shiznet!!

Boot the girls and lets just battle it out with the guys. =P

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-02-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
Yup, underwhelmed is the word for it. They really didn't need to have a top 24 IMO. They could have easily cut the worst 6 males and females without all the hype. It's so obvious who is going to be the top 12 (ok really top 6) that the show seems kinda pointless right now. I'm bored with it.

beatlegirl 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beatlegirl Click to send private message to beatlegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
I think this is the worst season yet.I think chris should win.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-02-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
I was TOTALLY disappointed with the girls on Tuesday night. With the exception of Ayla and Mandessa, the rest just down right stunk, IMHO! Pitchy isn't even the word for it. They are either going way over or under what they need to do to woo us into voting for them.
I just can't connect with the women-Kellie P. is cute, yeah, but to be a recording star?? I dunno.
The men, on the other hand-Taylor and Chris are great. They are natural, entertaining, and just fun to watch. Loved Gideon and can't remember his first name-Yamin. Both were good listening, maybe not as great to watch.
No, we have yet to see Bo Bice or anyone close yet-Chris is getting there. Again, just MHO. Wish we could just vote the girls off, with the exception of Mandessa and a couple others, and move on with the men!

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-06, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "chris vs. bo"
I really think that Chris has already shown much more than Bo did by this time in the competition last year. I am much more impressed by Chris' voice and power than I was by Bo. Chris doesn't need to do stupid hand gestures and soulful looks at the camera to reach us...if you're good the voice is enough. (althoug he is a cutie) Ace makes me gag.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-03-06, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
Hi StarryLuna.

I'm enjoying this season, but I didn't watch last year's auditions. Maybe the secret is to only watch them every other year.

As for the singers, most seem capable of actually singing in tune. That's a remarkable improvement over last year's performers.

I am hoping to see marked improvement in stage presence for the Pickerell girl. Same for Kevin, though he will be eliminated sooner or later. I get a kick out of watching the contestants gain in confidence and performance skills over the course of the competition.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Shabbylou 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-04-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shabbylou Click to send private message to Shabbylou Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is anyone else underwhelmed?"
I agree! I think like so many great shows before american idol it has truly run it's course. The show either needs a shot of new life or let this be the last season.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •