The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-06, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
Huh? Wadda wadda what? No Weasel here to start this thread? Well, I suppose I'll do the honors, if necessary. My rankings for tonight:

1.) Taylor
1.) Chris
1.) Bucky
4.) Ace
4.) Gedeon
6.) Elliot
6.) Jose
8.) Will
9.) David
10.) Kevin

The men certainly did a whole lot better than the women did last night. Due to this, I find my ratings to be much more in flux . . . I'll have to echo what Fishercat said in the previous week - couldn't we get rid some more of the dead weight on the women's side of the bracket before chopping up the men's half?

I'm going to have to disagree with the judges on Taylor. I was somewhat underwhelmed last week, but thought he was excellent tonight. Chris held up his end of the bargain as well. Bucky was the real revelation. I had him ranked in the bottom spot last week, but his song choice and singing was just phenomenal tonight.

Ace did well, although it certainly wasn't perfect and probably a step back from last week. Gedeon continues to impress - I wasn't expecting anything from him at all, and now he's put on two solid performances in a row.

I really don't understand why people go gaga over Elliot, but he certainly did an OK job tonight. I thought Jose was OK as well, but his song choices are causing me to scratch my head. He may just get voted out due to the fact that he hasn't cultivated any kind of consistent image.

I'm conflicted on Will - I really love the tone of his voice, but think he picked the wrong song tonight. It just didn't click with me for some reason.

I like David, but based on talent, he needs to leave. He just isn't in the same echelon as the other male singers. If he gets a sex change operation and moves over to the womens' side of the bracket, I'd consider him for the final twelve. And Kevin? Have Paula and Randy gone completely psychopathic on us? The song simply overwhelmed him. I didn't find anything enjoyable about Kevin's performance at all. I'm hoping he leaves tomorrow, but I'm thinking that I unfortunately won't get my wish.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... xwraith27 03-02-06 1
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... PhoenixMons 03-02-06 2
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... Snidget 03-02-06 3
   RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... nazpink 03-02-06 4
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... CattyChat 03-02-06 5
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... mrc 03-02-06 6
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... Glow 03-02-06 7
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... Breezy 03-02-06 8
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... brvnkrz 03-02-06 9
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... Magnolia_Rocker 03-02-06 10
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... jags 03-02-06 11
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... emydi 03-02-06 12
 RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... Hoobie 03-02-06 13
   RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Sec... soldiersmom 03-06-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 03:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
1. Chris
2. Elliott
3. Bucky
4. Taylor
5. Gedeon
6. Ace
7. Kevin
8. Will
9. Sway
10. David

who i want to go: Sway and Kevin
who i think will go: probably David and Will

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-02-06, 04:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
Well, this was an easy week in terms of ranking. What an underwhelming week (boys and girls)!

1. Chris - hands down the best of the night (and probably week). He knows what he's doing and it shows. He's got the whole thing together - the voice (which is fantastic and very unique), the look (bald heads make me all swoony *waves to emy*), the stage presence, and the musicality. He's been the best male two weeks in a row now.

DECENT SIZED DROP

2. Elliot - once again, #2. Elliot could be the best guy if he could just lose the nerves and look more comfortable on stage. His voice is "like buttah". The tone and control in his voice are excellent. I totally see where Simon was coming from when saying he was possibly the best male vocalist in all five seasons. I don't agree (we've had some great ones...on voice alone I'd probably go with Rickey), but I certainly think he'd be in the top 5 or so. He needs major work on his performance/stage presence. I think it's less about the look and more about how he carries himself (lack of confidence). But a sold performance from him last night.

ENORMOUS DROP

3. Taylor - song choice was iffy (I love the song and the whole Motown era), but he did it well. It just didn't have that pizazz that Taylor is capable of.

ANOTHER BIG DROP

4. Gedeon - I was a little too harsh on Gedeon as a result of him choosing a song that I adore and not performing it to my high standards. The end was pretty good. He had lots of pitch issues and some funky pronunciations in the beginning, but compared to the rest of the men...well, he's number 4 again.

5. Bucky - There's something about him that irritates me (not entirely sure what it is...something in his voice). But he pulled out a decent performance last night.

REALLY FREAKING GIGANTIC DROP

6. Everyone else. I can't choose between these five. They were all pretty rotten in their own way. Nothing memorable, nothing worth listening to, nothing worth watching. They were either out of tune, chose a terrible song, or just don't belong in the top 24 (let alone top 12), IMO.

Side note: I don't get the Ace love at all. His voice is nothing special (last night it was horrendous), he's not that cute...I just don't see it. I also don't get the Kevin love. His voice is weak, he can't perform a song to save his life (has no musicality whatsoever)...I just don't see it.

Got blog?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-06, 06:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
1) Chris
2) Gedeon
3) Taylor
4) Elliot
5) Bucky
6) Will
7) Ace
8) David
9) Sway
10) Kevin

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
1.)Chris
2.)Taylor
3.)Gedeon
4.)Bucky
5.)Elliot
6.)Ace
7.)Will
can't decide after this but Sway, David, and Kevin all fall under the same last place for me.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
Again, I will reiterate that I HATE the 6 v 6 for final 12 format this year. Hated it last year. Wish they would just go with overall lowest 4 vote getters. The men are so much better than the women, as a whole, and it is a shame we only get 6 to move on.

This week is not as close as it was last week for me. I actually have only 1 top performance --

1. Chris Daughtry (1) -- He knocked my socks off. Last week he was 1/3 of my #1 pick. This week, he stands alone. Rock on!!

2. Taylor Hicks (1) -- I thought he was great again this week. I just love him. Finally, some serious originality on AI.

3. Elliot Yamin (6) -- I still see Goat Boy whenever his sings, but I can't deny that he did awesome last night. If I closed my eyes, I could imagine him looking totally different. Huge improvement over last week, IMO.

4. Gedeon McKinney (6) -- Last week I could've cared less if he stayed in the competition. After last night? Wow, great voice, I hope he sticks around -- even though he looks like Buckwheat

5. Ace Young (1) -- I agree with Simon that he was really reaching with this song and it wasn't that great, but he just sucks you in with his delivery. Overall, it was still pretty darn good.

6. Will Makar (3) -- I thought he sang "Lady" great. Brought back memories of when I was 7-8 y.o. & my 8-track of "The Gambler." Oh yeah, I loved Kenny back in the 70s when I was little girl. Problem is most of the AI audience won't know the song or Kenny Rogers. I hope he stays another week (I think he will) and chooses a song closer to this decade. Enough with the 70s, Will.

7. David Radford (6) -- I said last week he needed a better song choice, because he has the chops, just needs to better showcase it. Unfortunately, he did not deliver this week & I'm afraid he'll be gone tonight. Maybe he should've put on a dress & tried to pass for one of the girls, he could get one of their top 6 spots.

8. Sway (11) -- H.A.T.E.D. him last week. He was much improved from that last night, but he didn't do a great job either. Very Pitchy. Not that impressed.

9. Bucky Covington (10) -- Sorry, he's still not my cup of tea. Not familiar with his song, but it sounded off pitch to me. I can only take one small town southern person in the new big world in this competition (Kellie). His video was redundant.

10. Kevin Covais (12) -- Again, sweet boy with a lot of potential. Not even close to ready for this caliber of talent. Voice lessons and get rid of the lisp and we may have something. I commend the Judges for being so kind & Simon for keeping it "somewhat real" but kind. Boo on the producers for putting up the Chicken Little pic. That was mean. Boo on Paris for her "Chicken Little" Dance. I'm sure it hurts his feelings.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
1. Chris
2. Gedeon
3. Elliot
4. Taylor
5. Will
6. Bucky
7. Ace
8. Jose
9. David
10. Kevin

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
1. CHRIS!!!!!! - perfect again.
2. Gedeon - I watched the whole show twice (DH slept through my first viewing) and I watched Gedeon three times. It got better each time. I apologized to him in my head for being negative about him.
3. Bucky - Yay! I thought that was great! Great great great song choice.
4. Elliot - he sang that song really well but I have to agree with Simon's comments about song choice.
5. Ace - gosh he's pretty. Pretty voice too.
6. Taylor - I think he's wonderful. That's why he's up here. Last night's performance? meh.
7. David - I think he's great and the judges are way too hard on him.
8. Will - okay. The first time I listened to this I had to cover my ears and do the "la la la" thing halfway through because I felt he was butchering Kenny. The second time it wasn't as bad and I fought the urge to cover my ears. Still, dear sweet Will, never sing another Kenny Rogers song. NEVER. Thank you.
9. Jose - First viewing I thought it was okay and the judges were being harsh. Second viewing it was not okay but not as bad as the judges made it seem.
10. Kevin - awww. so cute. buh bye

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
1. Taylor- love him. I would buy his CD tomorrow.
2. Elliot- where the heck does this beautiful voice come from? He makes it look effortless.
3. Chris- Very good performer, my only reason for not putting him first is I think he's a front man... not a solo singer. *shrug* I agree with whomever said he should be on Rock Star to be the lead singer of a band.
4. Will- I liked his Lady. *shrug*
5. Bucky- Only because the rest were icky.
6. Ace- wrong song to sing dude.
7. Gideon- he's too smarmy.
8. Kevin- cute but needs a few more years to mature.
9. David- agree he's forcing the crooner voice.
10. Sway- *boggle* he made the top 12?

All and all, the boys night was way way way better then the girls night.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
1. Chris
2. Elliot
The rest

An awesome Arkie siggie

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-06, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
Long time luker...first time poster. *waves at everyone*

1. Chris - Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I never thought I could love another performer as much as I loved Bo last year but then came Chris. He's got the voice. He's got the presence. He's got the looks. Total package and will be getting my votes till the end (unless he has a major screw-up which I think will be unlikely).

2. Elliott - He comes screaming out of nowhere for me. I don't remember him at all until he hit the top 24 and he has just wow'd me the last two weeks. Sure his looks aren't that great but luckily for guys you don't need great looks to succeed.

3. Taylor - This man is just awesome. I love his originality and his passion for the music. I smile from ear to ear everytime he gets up and performs because he has such a great time on stage. Pure magic in his voice.

4. Bucky - I felt bad for him last week because he just did not pick a good song. This week when they said he was going to do a Garth Brooks song I looked at my SO and said "I hope it's Thunder Rolls, he'll rock at that" and guess what...he did! I thought he did a wonderful job with the song and if Garth was watching I bet he was cheering him on.

5. Will - I give him serious props for doing this song. This is a very sexy number IMO and I thought he protrayed it well beyond his years. I was thinking to myself during the performance that around the country many ladies are saying "If he were only 10-15 years older!!!".

6. Ace - I don't know why but this guys voice, especially when he started singing tonight, reminds me of Micheal Jackson in a way. The high pitch, breathy voice. Dunno. Anyway, not as good as last week but still above the rest of the pack to me.

7. Kevin - Cute kid and I agree that it was just wrong for them to put up that Chicken Little picture. I also agree that he's way out of his league in this competition. Bleh performance but at least I don't feel the need to look away from the TV when he's performing like I do for the next guy....

8. Gideon - Good voice but I just can't watch this guy perform. He's a cross between an over-animated cartoon version of Smokey Robinson and Buckwheat. I keep waiting for him to tell the judges "Oh-Tay!" after they critique him.

9. David - This kid is good at the crooning but that's all he will be good at and there really isn't a large fan base for crooners these days. Sorry hun but its time to go.

10. Sway - I honestly don't know what people see in this guy. I thought the falsetto song last week was horrible and could not believe the props Randy and Paula gave him. Ick! This weeks was just as bad. He wasn't in tune with that song just about the entire time. I don't want to see him on my TV next week but I'm afraid he's gonna be my Scott Savol this year. Bleh.

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
Okay lets keep it real, we had one great perfromance three guys that maintained there spots in the finals and one guy that just showed he belonged after. The rest better hope they have fans.
1. Chris- just put some distance between his self and the others with back to back performances.
2. Elliot- Just liked his voice he had some nice rifs.
3. Gideon- Just showed he belonged great job.
4. Taylor- Good job with dificult song. Please show me something different.
5. Ace- He did not have his best night but should have been enough.
6. Will- I liked his rendition of LADY nice job.
6. Bucky- Nice job he and Will need to step it up, get into the competition there is one spot left.

These should be the finalist. There is nothing the others can do to keep up. David tried to go back to his style my question is why he is still here. Sway will probably make his living in Karaoke Bars. Kevin nice kid but not ready. Not being cruel just keeping it real.
JAGS

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
I'll copy most of what I had in the spoiler thread here...

1.CHRIS did THE best of ANYONE so far in AI5 and I'd say one of the top 5 performances of all the shows!! I just loved this song..L O V E D I T !!!!

He's my fave and I hope he wins this thing!!

oh and PM *double swoon* on the young bald man thing (he is married to older woman too....sound familiar?...I loved his clip about his kids being the most popular at school now!)

2. Bucky--Great song choice, he needs to be less nervous though I'm afraid he might leave instead of one of the 3 boys..I think he is safe this week tho

3. Elliott-this guy is a great singer...but he needs a MAJOR make over...why aren't the gals helpin him out on wardrobe???

4. Taylor-not a good choice but he can sing and is safe..come on Taylor sing Bob Seger Turn the Page for me!

5. Gedeon- I liked it..he has the same problem as Bucky tho..not nervous but may lose out to the boys.

6. Will-bad choice, way too safe and way too old like Paris and Lisa on Tues...but he has a good voice, the best of the 3 younguns...his 11-15 yr old girl fan base should put him thru this week. I agree, try something in the last 5 years there, Will

7. Ace--meh--bad song choice and he did not sing it well..but he's safe...PM he is gorgeous and I'm supposing he has a HUGE fan base that doesn't care what he sings or even if he sings

8. David-I agree with Snidget on him trying too hard to sound like he thinks a "crooner" should sound...but imho he was better than other two

9. Kevin...he is not in same league at all but may stick around over David...

10. Sway-meh, just awful, like Heather Tues picked a song then didn't make it his own and no where near as good as Stevie.

In F12 definitely

Chris
Taylor
Ace
Elliot

Should be there but may not bc of boys

Bucky
Gedeon

3 boys (1 and maybe 2 will make it unfortunately)

Will--most likely to make it
David-better voice than Kevin but crooning isn't getting him anywhere
Kevin-could get far on "cheek" schtick, but why is beyond me but I'm not 12 or 92, as said before what are Paula and Randy smoking before the show...Simon is almost always balls on accurate on his comments and he was on Kevin last nite

NO WAY

SWAY

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
I'll try this without reading the other posts first:

Favorite: Taylor Hicks - Love his voice and character. I can see the shtick maybe getting old in a few weeks (e.g., Whoo & <sway>)
2: Chris Daughtry - It's so great how the AI producers are always able to save the best performance for last. How do they know?
3: Bucky Covington - great song choice, among a sea of awful song choices.
4: Elliott Yamin - was that is mom in the audience?
5: Gedeon McKinney - Strong voice, I am going to have to agree with Simon on the smile though.
6: Will
7: David -- these 2 are really interchangeable for me.
8: Ace Young - What is the attraction here? Constantine's smolder was WAY better.
9: Kevin Corvais - Yuck, does he have an audible lisp? It's like he's missing a tooth from childhood.
10: Sway - PLEASE LEAVE. I really hate everything about him, the bald head, dopey smile, belt buckle, attitude, past recordings, off-key voice. Go.home.now.

soldiersmom 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-06-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail soldiersmom Click to send private message to soldiersmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ranking Thread 03/1/06, Men Second Round "
I know I'm a little late with this as I had a busy week - however I was much more listening while doing other things this week then watching. I heard this horrible sound and ran to see who it was - - Ace of all people. He is really not very good at all on the vocals - but really good on the eyes.

Chris was awesome as usual and so was Elliot - everything I thought was meh just ok nothing special.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •