The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - Back to Spoiling!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

turtle 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-04-01, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail turtle Click to send private message to turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - Back to Spoiling!"
There's been an awful lot of speculating going on about the 'twist' this week, but not a whole lot of spoiling. Granted MB left pretty much everything up to the imagination with his lousy preview, but maybe there is a clue...

At the very beginning of the preview there is a shot that says "A Survivor First" superimposed over what appears to be a tribe headed to or from tribal council. Can anyone do the vid caps for these frames so we can all get a better look??

In the meantime, here's what I think I've seen on my crappy VCR:

1) there are 5 people who are clearly visible
2) none of them have lit torches
3) the last one may be Kim P, as it looks like she's wearing her blue shirt with the white sleeves
4) I can't see it clearly at all, but it looks like there may be at least two more people to the left of the 5, but they are obscured by the lettering

What it all means....(if this is in fact from ep 5):

I find it strange that none of them have lit torches - but that might be because they are all in new tribes, and therefore have to repeat the "grab a torch and light it" ritual, which would suggest that they are arriving at a TC rather than leaving...

The clear visibility of 5 seems to support the two-tribe re-alignment theory - if there were 3 tribes, we would expect to see only 4 people, not 5

BUT the fact that I think I see more than 6 people suggests that maybe there was a 3 tribe split and that 2 tribes (= 8 people) head to TC to duke it out - now that would be a riot to watch!!

Anyways, it would be grand if we could get some vidcaps posted so that everyone can take a stab at identifying
a) the actual number of people in the shot
b) who they are
c) what the hell it all means

Maybe then we can figure out what #@%& is going to happen next week....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - B... Outfrontgirl 11-04-01 1
   RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - B... turtle 11-04-01 4
   Decide for yourself ... here it is. TechNoir 11-04-01 7
       RE: Decide for yourself ... here it... sleeeve 11-04-01 8
           Vidcaps... this is old footage sleeeve 11-04-01 9
               Nicely Done sleeeve! IceCat 11-04-01 10
 RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - B... JuzCruising 11-04-01 2
   RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - B... Survivor Maniac 11-04-01 3
 RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - B... Mokele Membe 11-04-01 5
   Shackles and Chains... Krautboy 11-04-01 6
 RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - B... Bungler 11-04-01 11
   Thanks Bungler!!! sleeeve 11-04-01 12
       New Preview Scene! Styxfan 11-04-01 13
           RE: New Preview Scene! Bungler 11-04-01 14
               RE: New Preview Scene! sleeeve 11-04-01 16
                   VERY STINGY SPOILERS THIS WEEK Rose Red 11-05-01 19
           RE: New Preview Scene! diamond 11-04-01 15
               RE: New Preview Scene! Styxfan 11-04-01 17
                   RE: New Preview Scene! Bungler 11-04-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-01, 03:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - Back to Spoiling!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-01 AT 03:46 AM (EST)

turtle,
until someone posts the vidcaps, here's a link to Paratrooper's vidcaps.

http://www.survivorfever.net/Ep5-01.html

The bottom left cap seems to be of the approach to TC set you describe. I can see five distinct figures without torches, the last one with a light-colored jacket (probably female).
I thought there might be three more people at the head of the line that are bunched together, so I copied the picture to my computer and did what I could to enlarge and enhance it.

The dark area ahead of them looks more like a manmade object than bodies, whereas the five figures are clear. I think we need a better pic but I am no whiz with graphics.

I don't know why there would be only 5. Ideas?

turtle 23 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-01, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail turtle Click to send private message to turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - Back to Spoiling!"
Thanks for the link!
It's very helpful, though not at all conclusive

>The dark area ahead of them
>looks more like a manmade
>object than bodies, whereas the
>five figures are clear.

When I first looked the 'legs' at the head of the line appeared to be part of the fire tower thingy that they're walking by. But then I checked the ep 4 march to TC and those two towers have a SOLID base, and are NOT raised - leading me to suspect that those legs are actually the human kind (though if a pair of them belong to Frank, I use the word 'human' loosely)

>I don't know why there would
>be only 5. Ideas?

If there are only 5, then they could be leaving TC...but then we'd expect them to have lit torches...But the more I stare at my TV like that kid from Poltergeist, the more I am convinced that I see more than 5 people, possibly as many as 8.

>I think we need a
>better pic but I am
>no whiz with graphics

Amen to that!

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-01, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Decide for yourself ... here it is."
I blew up the section in question ... thanks to Paratrooper.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-04-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Decide for yourself ... here it is."
Why no torches... could this be Samburu hiking to their first TC??? Could the other 3 people be hidden behind the yellow text???

Bungler.... can you get a different vidcap of this that might tell us if there are more than five people in the shot???

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

11-04-01, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Vidcaps... this is old footage"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-01 AT 07:00 PM (EST)

So I realized that I had this preview on tape, and made the vidcaps myself.

The problem with PT's caps was that he took the vidcap at a frame where only 8 people 5 people were visible...

Here's the two frames right before the ones that he captured (I lightened them, increased the contrast, enlarged them, and cropped them to only show the relevant area of the picture (otherwise they would have been 1MB each)).

Here's an annotated version... when you watch it (and don't look at a still pic), it's clear that there are 8 people individually walking:

It's clear from the entire frame that they are headed to tribal council... (not a challenge, as some have incorrectly speculated).

Since the Survivors have their torches for every TC except the first, we should assume that since they do not have their torches, that this is one of the first TC's... and it matches with footage shown in Ep3... so this must be the Samburu's first Tribal Council... This portion of the preview, therefore, has no spoiler value.

EDITED cause I couldn't count the number of people in PT's original vidcap.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-01, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Nicely Done sleeeve!"
MB is being so damn stingy this season it's not funny...

September 11, 2001

JuzCruising 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-04-01, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JuzCruising Click to send private message to JuzCruising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - Back to Spoiling!"
I've just watched a second telecast of survivor here in singapore. The same shot you were talking about doesn't have the word "A Survivor First" superimposed on it. It was a rather long line, could have been around 6-8 people. And the last person was indeed Kim P.

Survivor Maniac 1295 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-04-01, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Maniac Click to send private message to Survivor%20Maniac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - Back to Spoiling!"
I lightened up the vidcap of 6 survivors walking to TC.

Mokele Membe 11 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-01, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mokele%20Membe Click to send private message to Mokele%20Membe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - Back to Spoiling!"
I posted this on another forum, and I want to know what people here think of it as well.

Ok, I'm on my husbands 19" moniter now. Looking at the TC area vidcap, I see 5 people outside the fence and they seem to be facing to the left, not going into TC area. 2 of the people, the one in the white shirt and a woman, seem to be in a running position. I think this is the best clue we have for the changes to come.

The overlay of the words wipes out what is to the left that the competitors seem to be aiming for, but I'm thinking this is some kind of competition. We've never seen a night challenge before, so that would be a huge change right there! If this is a challenge, it makes the lack of torches reasonable as they would be hindered in a competition if they had to carry them.

The way they are lined up makes me think of the childrens game Red Rover... or the Rockettes, would EPMB make them dance? Tribal dancing, hummmmm

There is a "fire stand" to the left, as well. I suspect the other team is on the other side of the fire stand, probably doing the same thing. This is their source of light for this challenge.

Someone mentioned capturing members of the other team, that would fall in line with the Red Rover game, if the opposing tribe member breaks through your line, he gets to go back to his team, if you capture the opposing tribe member by not letting him break through, you get to keep him? Perhaps if an opposing team member breaks through your line, they get to take a member of your team back to their side...

This is the only "money" shot fom this whole preview!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-04-01, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Shackles and Chains..."
Last season there was a night challenge called "Shackles and Chains"...so a night challenge would not be a "survivor first".

Krautboy

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-04-01, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Crucial Ep 5 Preview Vidcap - Back to Spoiling!"
Hi folks...

Sorry I've been out of the loop, vidcap-wise. Major ISP problems.

Anyway, the cap in question here is the 8 walking into Tribal Council.

But, in typical Evil Pecker fashion, MB has planted a red herring. I went back to episode 3 and capped Samburu walking into their first Tribal Council. As you can see, it's the same scene.

11-04-01, 07:42 PM (EST)
12. "Thanks Bungler!!!"
Perfect explanation!

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-04-01, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Styxfan Click to send private message to Styxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "New Preview Scene!"
It was just one scene and it went by pretty fast, but I definitely saw something new today. I'm pretty sure it was a male up on some kind of wooden platform and he was dropping one of the females onto the ground beside the platform. I have no idea who the people were or what they were doing because I wasn't expecting to see it and it was real short, perhaps a second or less. All the other scenes were the same ones they've been showing since Thursday. Did anyone else see this?

11-04-01, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New Preview Scene!"
Styxfan -- Yep, it's a scene from S2, when Colby dropped Jerri over a barrier. They won that trip to the Great Barrier Reef in that one.

11-04-01, 09:06 PM (EST)
16. "RE: New Preview Scene!"
Just to expand on this thought... the preview says something to the effect of "Even if you watched the first two seasons of Survivor" (shots of Pulau Tiga, and of Colby throwing Jerri over the wall)... "you've never seen anything like..."

So the shot you saw is included in this week's preview as a reference to S2.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-01, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "VERY STINGY SPOILERS THIS WEEK"
Gosh! You can hardly tell anything from these visuals! I think the three animals are telling us that THREE somethings is up. A 3for3 Swap or 3 teams of four. All these solo,close-up pix mean they can't show ANY of the challenge footage because they'd tell us who ended up on which team. Lindsey and Brandon look particulary unhappy in the most recent promo, and Kelly, wearing a necklace MADE IN A MALL suddenly looks like a supermodel! I thought it was Gwyneth Paltrow making a guest appearance for a second! I'm sticking with Diane's Friends list. Lindsay, Silas and Theresa. One of them is going, since all of Diane's Friends have bit the African dust, accurately, so far.This must be the change to end all changes because they are hiding everything so much. Any more vid analysis?

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-04-01, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New Preview Scene!"
Unless you've really uncovered something truly new, it's
simply an old scene - and not just any old scene, but one
of the best ones from S2 - the one of Colby dropping
Jerri on her butt during the reward challenge for the
trip to the Great Barrier Reef.

"At times like these, I'm glad I live in a geodesic dome. Not that they're anthrax-proof or anything. They're just fun to live in." - The Onion

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-04-01, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Styxfan Click to send private message to Styxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: New Preview Scene!"
Thanks for clarifying that for me guys. I was so excited when I saw that because I thought I had found something really meaningful. Oh well, I'll keep y'all informed if I discover anything else ;)

11-04-01, 11:29 PM (EST)
18. "RE: New Preview Scene!"
Keep looking, Styxfan. New eyes are always valuable and helpful.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •