The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The One on ABC"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

hardygirl 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-10-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hardygirl Click to send private message to hardygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The One on ABC"
Who's excited for THE ONE? It starts in a week from tomorrow and my roommate is going to be in the Top 11. I can't wait to see him on TV. I'm so proud of him!

I'm just really hoping it is comparable to American Idol. I really hope it's not a rip-off of it.

GG

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The One on ABC toddE 07-11-06 1
 RE: The One on ABC tribephyl 07-11-06 2
   RE: The One on ABC Deekeryu 07-11-06 3
       RE: The One on ABC uglier than sarah w 07-13-06 4
 RE: The One on ABC byoffer 07-14-06 5
   RE: The One on ABC SurvivorBlows 07-19-06 6
       RE: The One on ABC Hoobie 07-20-06 12
 RE: The One on ABC Tahj 07-19-06 7
   RE: The One on ABC Deekeryu 07-19-06 8
 RE: The One on ABC Pretty_Kitty 07-19-06 9
   RE: The One on ABC daysleeper 07-21-06 15
 RE: The One on ABC SilverStar 07-19-06 10
   RE: The One on ABC little fathead 07-19-06 11
   RE: The One on ABC Loree 07-21-06 16
       RE: The One on ABC byoffer 07-26-06 20
           RE: The One on ABC Loree 07-30-06 22
 RE: The One on ABC Hoobie 07-20-06 13
 RE: The One on ABC Nonexistance 07-20-06 14
 RE: The One on ABC CattyChat 07-23-06 17
   RE: The One on ABC Loree 07-23-06 18
 RE: The One on ABC Savahnna 07-25-06 19
 One is Done kircon 07-28-06 21
   RE: One is Done Tonya_Harding 08-03-06 23
       RE: One is Done SurvivorBlows 08-04-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-11-06, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The One on ABC"
I'll watch some...on vacation I met one of the finalist's boyfriends and he was all excited an talking it up.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-11-06, 05:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The One on ABC"
I'm just really hoping it is comparable to American Idol.

I'm hoping it's better. AmericanIdol blows!

Oh and Good luck to your roomie.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-11-06, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The One on ABC"
Why oh why is there another singing competition show? What really good does that do? It just dilutes the value of the winner.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-13-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The One on ABC"
Looks like a cross between Idol and Laguna Beach. I'll likely be in! haha

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The One on ABC"
I have no interest in another singing show.

And then I read that the host for this show is George Stroboulopoulos. Strombo is an ultra-cool Canadian who has come up through the radio DJ and Much Music VJ route, to now host a national news show on the usually stodgy CBC, and without changing himself one bit for the CBC. I am actually quite curious to see if Strombo changes at all for ABC (I doubt it) and if the show matches him. If so, it will be less like the schmappy American Idol and more like Rock Star (I pray for another Dilana and no more Zayra!)

Another Canadian who came up through as a Much Music VJ and had some success is John Roberts the (now) US anchorman.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The One on ABC"
Did Stroboulopoulos grow up in the Brooklyn part of Canada? It sure sounded like it last night!

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-20-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The One on ABC"
ROFLMAO!
(so true)

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-19-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The One on ABC"
I watched it against my better judgement and it is really quite tiresome. There are, however, some really hot men on there! Women too, of course, but I'm not quite as excited about that.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-19-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The One on ABC"
Wow, this show really sucks.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The One on ABC"
I wachted a a little bit here and there and was not impressed at all. I saw the one guy who actually had a really good voice (quirky guy) and the blond who's a Chyenne Kimball clone and she SUCKED!! she call the shreiks and growls that come out of her mouth rock and roll but I sure dont. She sorta sounded like Nikki McKibbin form AI and Nikki was godawful.
I wont watch again the whole talent, singing thing has been done to death

daysleeper 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-21-06, 04:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail daysleeper Click to send private message to daysleeper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The One on ABC"
I agree. I liked the guy who played piano and sang who was a little chubby and had that quirky blond hair in the front. He is excellent. The rock chick was shreaking the whole time. Most of the songs they picked for them were horrible, excpet for a few. The thing that gets me is that these "professional" judges just raved about these people like they were the greatest things since sliced bread! I could not believe it!
This show is a very pale comparison to American Idol but because the guy with the blonde edgy haircut was so good, I guess I will continue to watch it.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The One on ABC"
I would've watched it if they hadn't put it on against Rock Star. I flipped to it on commercials, but they were always in commercials, too. I did tape the last hour, so I'll give it a look and decide if it's worth taping in the future. From the little bit that I saw, I'm thinking no.

Who are those judges? Especially the guy with the multi-colored beard. WTF was up with that?

A Tribe work of art

little fathead 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-19-06, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail little%20fathead Click to send private message to little%20fathead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The One on ABC"
I think it's Gallagher.

ok really though, are they for real with this show? The talent is eh, the judges don't even sound like they know what they are talking about. This is the one time I wish my tivo hadn't worked.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The One on ABC"
>
>Who are those judges? Especially the
>guy with the multi-colored beard.
>WTF was up with that?
>

I believe that is Kate Hudson's real father.

This show was horrible and the ratings were really bad. So I think everyone agrees on that.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The One on ABC"
Actually it is Kate Hudson's uncle.

DW tells me that years ago there was a variety tv show in the early 70s called The Hudson Brothers, and he was one of them.

If you want more...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hudson

He has worked with lots of "names", and been kicking around the music industry a long time without great success. The One will not bring more success to him!

07-30-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The One on ABC"
Thanks for correcting me byoffer.

He is her uncle not her dad.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The One on ABC"
I don't know what it is about this show. But it is god-awful. Let's see, could it be:

1) the worst part of AI (the group-sing) to intro the show
2) C-H-E-E-S-E factor with the white backdrops during interviews
3) subpar talent
4) Judges that are less constructive than Paula
5) Sorry, but that host is the most annoying guy ever.
6) the stage set-up - is it the same one used for Master of Champions?

Nonexistance 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-20-06, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nonexistance Click to send private message to Nonexistance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The One on ABC"
I watched this just to see if it would even be worth watching. I've decided to not waste my time any more.

There is one person on the show with talent - I can't remember her name, but it's the black girl from Sarasota. Her voice was decent. The reset were godawful. It's sad when I'm watching and thinking "I could sing it better than he just did" - and I'm no professional singer.

The judging was also quite lacking. STOP REFERRING TO THINGS WE DON'T SEE, and OFFER ADVICE! It's a live show, for goodness sake, you know what we do and don't see.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-23-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The One on ABC"
Dreadful. I taped the show and just watched it today. I spent most of the time FF-ing throughout the show.

I hate to say it, but AI has better talent, IMO, and RockStar is 100 times better. I expected more talent-wise. Only a couple sounded decent on their songs. The song selection was horrible for almost every contestant, almost every contestan't biggest problem (other than pitch) was breathing. It was just horrible.

So, who was cut? Unfortunately, I don't even really care. Whoever was ressponsible for this at ABC should be fired. We have enough singing shows -- AI for the commercial/pop & the kiddies and RockStar for the serious talent.

07-23-06, 09:29 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The One on ABC"
Wow this was bad. Look what it says about the ratings:

According to overnight ratings from Nielsen Media Research, the first episode of The One was the lowest-rated series premiere in ABC history, and the second-worst such episode in the history of broadcast television,<3> scoring only 3.2 million total viewers (1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic), and fifth place in its timeslot. <4> In Canada, the premiere of The One on CBC had 236,000 viewers, which trailed far behind Canadian Idol on CTV and Rock Star: Supernova on Global, each scoring around one million viewers. <5>

The next night's results episode fared even worse in the U.S. ratings, sinking to a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The re-run of night 1's episode (which preceded the results show) plunged to an embarrassingly low 0.6 average in the vital demo ratings. The poor performance of the show helped ABC measure its lowest-rated night in the network's history (among 18-49s). <6> However, the CBC insists that even if the U.S. series is pulled due to low ratings, the Canadian version will still go ahead.

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-25-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The One on ABC"
I'm always glad to see ABC flop after they went after Paula Abdul and Idol based on the stupid grudge some moron held......and of course giving O Hurley another shot at Dancing with the Stars because his head was so big and he was so oddly obcessed with winning the damn competition.

Ya....I would call it a flop.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-28-06, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "One is Done"
ABC has cancled the show. I just found this: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117947513?cs=1&s=h&p=0

Hardygirl, hope your roommate did well the short time he was on. This was the first singing reality show I watched. I did like the idea of seeing more of process of "making a star"

Tonya_Harding 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-03-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tonya_Harding Click to send private message to Tonya_Harding Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: One is Done"
LOL, Could we possibly get a comment from the person going around the whole board starting threads claiming the show was better than anything else?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-06, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: One is Done"
My guess is that was an ABC-affiliated troll

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •