The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Two Switch Combo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Two Switch Combo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-01 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

In an effort to come up with a switch scenario that satisfies all criteria (vote out weakest, challenge all alliances, change the game forever, whatever else), this is what I came up with:

Each tribe has to select one of their own to go over to the other tribe, they also have to select one of the other tribe (and an alternate) to come over to their tribe. MB could also use this, instead of a reward challenge, to force another trade between the tribes, say Boran has to send over a boiling pot and perhaps some of their water in return for Samburu's ox cart and perhaps some of their food.

As I see it, in this scenario Samburu would most likely select Teresa to go to Boran, Clarence or Ethan to come over to Samburu. Boran would most likely select Kim J. to go to Samburu, Silas or Lindsey to come over to Boran.

This all may be a bit too complicated, I realize, but MB is trying to be unpredictable here. Are there any criteria this scenario wouldn't satisfy? Any ideas you might have about this would be appreciated.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Two Switch Combo dabo 11-03-01 1
 RE: Two Switch Combo Outfrontgirl 11-03-01 2
 RE: Two Switch Combo big idiot 11-03-01 3
   RE: Two Switch Combo dabo 11-03-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-03-01, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Two Switch Combo"
Ack, I just read where OFG points out to me that the Hawk piece is week #6 not week #5, which was in front of me the whole time but somehow wasn't registering; dabo done gufued, ah well. That criteris isn't vital then for week #5 twist, I'd still be interested in hearing any thoughts on this combo switch idea. Sorry all, and thanks OFG!

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-01, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Two Switch Combo"
This is another interesting idea, dabo. (No big gufu)
I'm torn over whether two from each tribe can go because AyaK has argued so strongly that Burnett will stick with the one player Swedish swap. I find his arguments about precedent and legal concerns compelling.

On the other hand, what little evidence we have makes me feel that two elements must be present:
1) each tribe sends someone away--dismisses them.
2) majority alliances stand a good chance of losing a member, or the tribe must be at risk for losing a very athletic member, in order to account for the wide-spread distress we see in the new preview.

A one person swap voted on by the tribe will not, by definition, fulfill the second element, because each tribe has a less athletic member whose loss will not disable the majority alliance--Teresa and MamaKim.

Here's the problem I see with a pick from the opposing team being honored. The picking team will pick the best athlete to come help them win challenges with the intent of booting them as soon as they're no longer needed for the team. That scenario is NOT even close to being fair to the strong players.

So I like your idea but I think it needs to address that issue.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-03-01, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Two Switch Combo"
Dabo,

Once again we are on the same wavelength : )

I also proposed this in sleeeve's Swedish Switch thread yesterday, go check it out and see what ya think.

(I also refered to mine as overcomplicated, hehe)

11-03-01, 04:28 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Two Switch Combo"
Found it and gives credit where due to big id:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1694.shtml#4

I would add that it doesn't seem to me, from the promo clip, that the mutual meeting Red Rover scenario would be part of it, rather each tribe has to make these decisions from their own homes, which would be all the better for the provisions trade to be a part of the deal.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •