The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Suppose it isn't a tribal change ... what else might it be?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-01, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Suppose it isn't a tribal change ... what else might it be?"
All of us seem to have bought into the notion that there will be a rule change in the next episode. Imagine with me for a moment that it isn't a change in tribal
structure but something different. The tag for the next episode was something
like (with a thanks to whoever posted it):

"Get ready for a Survivor first!
Every friendship - every alliance will be shattered!
The survivors thought they knew the game but...
... the Game has changed forever!"

This could refer to lots of things, not just an alteration in the tribal structure.
Since we know they are given to hyperbole, suppose for some reason the players
can no longer rely on the alliances that have been such a central part of the
game. This would represent a fundamental change even though it might be a lot
more boring than tribal shifting.

Samples:
Players can trade clothing for food or water
They are moved to a different location
The "reward" challenge has both teams work together to win or lose a common reward
Each team has to nominate a member to "date" Jiffy

It's a slow time on the boards. How about some rampant speculation

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What if the GenX get punished? dangerboy 11-02-01 1
 RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal chang... landruajm 11-03-01 2
 RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal chang... dangerboy 11-03-01 3
   RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal chang... sleeeve 11-03-01 4
   RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal chang... dabo 11-03-01 5
 RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal chang... janisella 11-03-01 6
   RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal chang... dabo 11-03-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-01, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "What if the GenX get punished?"
The only thing that I can think of that would change the game forever would be to change the ability to build alliances. If Jiffy Pop were to come in and punish the GenX's for creating an alliance (maybe even going so far as to disqualify some) then it would fundamentally change the way people played the game. Remember in the first two shows the players didn't admit to alliances until near the end of the game. This time the GenX bozos out and out admitted it (they even flaunted it with those stupid beads). The rules say that you can be disqualified for conspiring to share the prize. Perhaps MB and company could interpret alliances as conspiring????

j

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal change ... what else might it be?"
How about instead of voting off members of your own tribe, you vote off members of the other tribe?

Of course, I write this without having looked at the top topic, which at the moment is something about the actual rules of the game.

It's also possible that it's just hyperbolic nonsense, and that MB is overblowing something as simple as an early merge.

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-03-01, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal change ... what else might it be?"
You know, I was discussing the rules on another topic and it struck me - what would fundamentally change the rules of the game? What would shatter all the friendships and alliances?

What if it is something real simple? Like:

"From now on, no one can discuss their votes."

j

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-03-01, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal change ... what else might it be?"
Building alliances and strategizing about your vote each week is an integral part of the show... It's this very Machivellian nature of the game that is responsible for the success of the Survivor series.

Anything that MB changes will serve to make the Survivors more desperate to form new alliances (ie: break up the old ones), NOT eliminate them all together.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal change ... what else might it be?"
A new rule prohibiting discussions of who to vote, ie. you cannot even say how you will vote to anyone (except in confessional perhaps), interesting. Of course, the players would immediately start trying to think of ways around the rule. Getting approached by someone could become regarded as a potential scene for a rules violation, forcing players into individual positions within the tribal scenario. This may not be what MB has in mind but it has some fascinating aspects to it.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-01, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal change ... what else might it be?"
Part of Stacey's lawsuit is the fact that MB personally talked to each person every day and "put ideas into their heads". What if a video montage of negative comments made by the contestants was put together and shown to their tribe-mates? It could start a major bru-ha-ha, just the type of television that MB likes to see. There would be a lot of mistrust and maybe nobody would align with anyone anymore.

Just a thought.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-01, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Suppose it isn't a tribal change ... what else might it be?"
hehehe.. I like this, oh yeah. I do like the idea, but honestly, it's not like Samburu really needs help in this department.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •