The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Insider, Week Four"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-02-01, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Insider, Week Four"
Ethan and his Witch Dr.
Ethan talking to entire tribe (except Mama Kim??? not seen or heard)
night before first game in Zimbabwe
don't have team doc... have a witch doc.
night before game, go to house in bush for good meal
everyone had to do a job... cleaning toilets, making beds, etc.
Ethan had to kill and skin the goat.
he's "still a vegetarian"... he was chopping up and not gonna eat it.
they thought he was a nutcase, because meat is power
Later, everyone lined up naked at bathroom, and they were all big black men.
He's a little white guy, and they all started pointing and making fun of his penis size...
Asked him if it still worked, called themselves "three legs"
Go to bath tub and bathe in herbs and spices...
thought he'd joined a cult
go to witch doctor who spreads oils all over them.
then they go smoke a joint and blow smoke all over all their soccer equipment.
they won every game.
They did all this stuff before every game (but not killing the goat).
bad luck to wipe any of the stuff off.
They won the championship.

Kelly's frustration
private interview with Kelly
She's glad that she finally has something to do...
she was trying to work, but Lex told her that she shouldn't work when people were resting.
she thought he was an idiot for that.
Kim and Kelly approached Lex about him taking more of a leadership role, but he didn't want to do it.
They always ask Lex if he needs help, cause he always does stuff by himself.
Now Lex is in charge... sets priorities for the day.
Doesn't really bother Kelly, cause he usually does fine.
He's smarter than she thought he was... he might have been downplaying it.
he didn't want Kelly to put up a flag cause it might be too much energy (even though she was gonna do it).
she suggested that they divide up the food by day, and Lex said no... they all had to get together to vote on that.
Lex acts like the father of the tribe... sorta bugs Kelly, but she thinks that it really bugs Clarence.
He treats everyone like they're seven.
He and Ethan are pals.
Lex is bossy... but that will just get him the ridicule of the group.
Kim and Kelly wanted to work, but Lex and Tom wanted to sleep, and they wouldn't let them work cause it made them feel guilty.
Kelly says "I am smart".
Not just about being smart, cause they're out there doing math.
Lex said Kelly makes her uncomfortable... he's probably insecure
Kelly says "what am I supposed to do??? Not work and not think???"
She thinks it would be worse if she were over worked, but she still feels under-utilized.
Not hurting her, voting-wise... she'd rather be under-utilized than voted off.

Clarence and Kelly's Walk of Shame
Clarence and Kelly hiking together.
It's "hot as hell"
The more he thinks about it, the more Clarence wants to vote out Lex.
Kelly doesn't like his bossiness either.
The challenge wasn't physical, yet Mama Kim still screwed up... so she has to go.
If they get rid of Kim, both Clarence and Kelly will be in a very precarious position.
They are allied until the merge, no matter what.
They have to figure out how to get rid of Kim w/o putting themselves into too precarious of a position.
They don't even care about the RC's any more... the merger and IC's are all that matters.
They should vote off Lex, cause Ethan will go along with wherever the ship is headed.
Kelly: Let's not talk about losing tomorrow... otherwise we're all fucked
Kelly: If Tommy, Lex, and Ethan voted for you, then it wouldn't matter who Kim and I voted for.
Clarence: Tommy ain't gonna vote for me, cause he's weak, and he's more worried about being voted off himself... he's struggling.
They were looking for berries, but can't find anything.
Kelly: What if we found a soda machine.
Clarence: I'd run like hell... some sort of African voodoo.
Kelly: I think they outlawed shade in Africa a few years back... look... there's a doiley of shade... it's perforated.
Clarence: let's go back to the other cherry patch, and we'll eat and bring nothing back.
Clarence: Know what I like about these walks??? We can act our age, instead of being 4 and 5.
Clarence: Uncle Lex, may I have some water, please... (deep voice): yes, you may, son.
Clarence: Look Dad, I took two poles and tied them up with a rope... don't they look good?
Clarence (imitating Lex): Yes, son, but it would look a lot better if you do it like this.
Kelly (imitating Lex): Have you thought about holding the pole this way.
Clarence (imitating Lex): Hey guys, guys, guys, guys... time out... I know the best Sushi place in the whole world, and it's not here... you know what, they beat us, and that made me mad!

Working on the night shift
Lex interview in nite-vision:
no one has watches, so guard shift changes are determined by gut.
Lex feels that he checks the two fires every 10 minutes, and after he's checked 7 times, he figures an hour is up.
They all check in the morning to see if anyone's shift was too long or two short.
Morning shift is easiest to tell when it ends... some shifts easier than others... middle shift starts in middle of night and ends in middle of night.
Private interview with Mama Kim:
First shift is longest and hardest... 8-midnite.
Second shift 12-3
Morning shift 3-6... easiest... had some sleep
Everyone takes a little longer than they think necessary so they don't short change next person... thus, last shift ends up being shortest.
Tribe is determined to always have two people up at night, for safety, and to help keep each other awake.

Linda and Lindsey work on their differences
(appears to be right after "I wanna a hug" fight we saw in Ep4)
Lindsey (through tears): I think a lot came out last night that surprised everyone.
Linda: I swear to god... I wasn't trying to be cute or sarcastic... honestly... we're sad, but not angry.
Lindsey: It was a two-way street... it takes communication... we couldn't come together as a team... you would be gone at water hole while we were making food, so we'd go off by ourselves, and then you would...and it was just an escalating cycle.
Linda: both sides were doing it, absolutely.
Lindsey: I'm very open to constructive criticism... that's how people learn and grow... and I can take anything if it's said in a constructive way... last night, I disguised my sadness by anger... sometimes when someone is hurt or angry, it takes a slap in the face to get them out of it... I'm glad you were the one to do that this morning.
Linda: Once it was over, it was much better.
Lindsey: I wanna know why it was me.
Linda: it could have been any one of you.
Lindsey: last night, I heard a side of me I didn't know existed.
Linda: It's a game, but I think you have the wrong image of me... I apologize for your comment about your mom never hugging you... that was uncalled for, and I'm really sorry.
Lindsey: I would never say anything about your family.
Linda: I know... will you forgive me for that?... that was totally wrong on my part.
(they hug, and Lindsey starts crying)
Lindsey: Look... my parents hug me all the time... but when I'm angry, I clam up and my brain and my mouth don't function... (starts laughing)... I don't have any problems with the younger group, and there was animosity, and I took it a step further, and I'm sorry for that... there was a split down the middle, and I let it get to me emotionally... I'm sorry for that... I run on emotion.
Linda: Yeah... I know... there's nothing wrong with that... let's go get 'em.
(the hug again, smile, and head back to the rest of the tribe).

It's not over for the elders
Frank and Linda talking
Camera is zoomed in on Carl's spear, leaning against the clotherline.
Frank: what's today... Carl was my calendar.
Linda: Day 10... Friday, July 20th. HERE's THE TIMELINE!!!
Frank wipes a tear from his eye.
Frank: There's four of them... There's three of us... we're still not out of the game... all we need is one little turn.
Linda: if it looks like we're not gonna get anyone on our side, Lindsey has four votes against her... let's get some votes against him... that could hurt him
Linda: I'm not grovelling to them... "Don't vote me off, massa."
Linda: did you hear them last night??? "Team hug, team hug." I tried to walk over... I guess I'm not part of the team.
Linda: Lindsey is not comfortable... she came back and said "you fucked with the wrong girl"... we never would have done that shit... Great... you're in power now... so what... chill out.

Saturday in the real world
Silas: T... do you hear this... we're gonna go around and say what we'd be doing on this Saturday in the real world.
Linda: First, I get the kids up, go to gym and take double class, back home at 11:15 and ready to be with the kids... movies, amusement park, library, swimming, or anything... but Saturday morning is my time.
Frank: get up at 5am... house still dark... make coffee... get newspaper while naked. Kids yelling about cereal... they'd go wake up their pregnant mother at 7am... water everything (blueberries, etc) because if you water at night, they rot. He'd let them have "morning time"... if he didn't get called in to work, he'd go out "brush hogging".
Brandon: I'd sleep till noon, have lunch w/ friends, Saturday is night off... go to pool party or go get sloshed, and party all night.
Teresa: Normally flies Friday, Saturday, Sunday... but if there's an extra weekend in the month... let's pretend this is the extra weekend... get up and take kids to "Huddle House" and eat breakfast, then come back home... go get worms at the bait shop, then go to the lake and fish all day. We'd swim a little, maybe... bring a few snacks.
Lindsey: Most Saturdays in summer, have a mountain bike race... camps with 5 racing buddies, wakes up at 6... tune bikes up... warm up for an hour or two... panic, freak out, race for two hours, then go back home... If no race, wake up at 9am, take dog for a walk, then take off for an all-day ride somewhere... on bike every Saturday, no matter what.
Silas: Stay up so late as bartender, so would sleep til 10 or 11... cook eggs... coffee on the porch, read paper... "Saturdays are so fun"... call buddies, head to ocean, surf a little... sunbathe, play volleyball, motorcycle... Go on Sunset Blvd at sunset, then call buddies and have a cookout on the porch... then hit the town.
Kim: get up, feed the cat, work out at gym for three hours, call friends and either have people over and have dinner... or maybe go to some bars... if a big night, take train into the city.

Teresa is devastated
private interview with Teresa
frustration when everyone woke up...
Frank, Linda and she were devastated that they'd lost the coin toss.
She was feeling sick.
Linda's frustration came out with Lindsey's comments, and she said they had to come together as a team...
flood of emotions came out and Linda and Lindsey got into a big fight about a hug.
Probably not a good hug time right there.
Linda did a fancy bow, and there was fire in her eyes... I've never seen that in her before.
Can't get that look out of her mind...
If she was Lindsey, she would never be able to get over that look...
It was tense... Lindsey's feelings were hurt.
Tried to ignore it, but hard to ignore.
She keeps asking "what if" she'd formed an alliance w/ the kids first... she would have stayed there...
But if she'd been in that alliance, she couldn't have been herself.
When she was younger, she didn't use that type of language...
she finds the language and topics of discussion innappropriate and immature.
It's not their age... their personalities won't change as they get older.

Kim Powers takes it up a notch
Kim P in private interview
Thought a lot about how she said that she would vote for Frank no matter what.
...has become a better game player.
despite the fact that she doesn't like Frank, he will help get her farther in the game.
If they have another physical challenge, they will need him... need another male.
He's really helpful around the camp.
Despite the fact that she didn't get along w/ him at first, now she knows how to play the game.
Frank *does* bother her, but they're both trying to get along better.
Sometimes, she has a bad habit about letting things go, so she's trying to get over it.
It's been a great learning experience having to live with him.
One thing that really bugs her is someone with a condescending attitude to women... and he is like this.
He has toned it down a little, and he actually said something good about women this morning.
We wouldn't be friends other than this.
clearly friction exists, cause we're so different.
He's very condescending and authoritative.
He'll make a comment and she'll groan, but she's learning to be cool with it.
The things he says bother her, but she has to deal with it, so she's learning from him, instead of creating controversy which will hurt her, and won't change his views at all.

Frank's concerned about security
Private interview with Frank
security hasn't gotten any better.
it's a joke since day one.
he's not gonna yell and scream and force Linda and all them to stand watch.
he's taking chances with his life...
people actually did a pretty good job last night with their watches... he woke up a few times to check on the people watching.
He ususally gets woken up early for his shift, but he doesn't complain.
The walls should be thicker and taller... they still don't have a gate...
He wants to make one, but everyone else is happy with building the fence at night, and taking it apart in the morning.
He noticed there's no firewood for tonight, but he's not gonna be the one to go get it...
Same with water... but instead people slept in, and he's not gonna keep doing things to make it more comfortable and safer for everyone.

An Intense Tribal Council
Lindsey: (Linda) It's a game.
Brandon: (Linda) All right, I'm gonna really whisper cause she can hear... Linda... you really had me going thinking you were this Earth Mother and really sweet, but you've really showed us some other sides of you, but 4 or 5 times, I've seen a split personality, like Linda Blair... I don't want you to turn your other two compadres against us. Bye.
Linda: (Silas) Well, buddy, you have two favorite sayings... one is strength and honor... well, we feel that honor is more important. Well, this is for Carl, for Frank, and for Teresa... and your other saying "It's only a game.", well... it's only a game... play nicely.
Teresa: (SILAS) Strength and honor. Well, this is for honor... I'm gonna stick with my alliance and this is for Frank, Linda, and Carl.
Frank: (Silas AKA Chip) Samburu's motto is strength and honor... and it's my job to uphold the honor. This is for Carl, Teresa, and Linda.
Silas: (LINDA) This is all about strategy. See you on the other side.
Kim: (linda) You have no idea how hard this is for me, because I've learned so much from you while I was here. I hope you continue to have a good time in Africa, and hopefully I'll see you on the outside.

===============================================================================
A few thoughts:
Kelly and Clarence have an alliance????? Why weren't we shown this???
They don't like Lex???? Why weren't we shown this?????
In previous weeks, we've seen that Kelly doesn't like Tom.
They speak about Kim as if they have her vote for sure.
They mention that Lex and Ethan are close.
Thus, there is a 3-3 alliance w/in Boran... the tribe is NOT divided by gender as we've been led to believe.

Clarence's stock went way up... I really like him.

Lindsey and Linda's stock went way up... the reconciliation looked genuine, and I don't think there were any hard feelings... Lindsey almost looked sad to be voting Linda out (unlike Brandon, who looked gleeful)... I think that MB chose to edit the situation so that Linda's boot seemed justified, and not just a boot of the weakest link.

Lex's stock went down... mostly because Kelly told me not to like him... but I still haven't witnessed anything to suggest that Kelly is right...

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Insider, Week Four anotherkim 11-02-01 1
 RE: Survivor Insider, Week Four supershirll 11-02-01 2
 Alliances revealed... Krautboy 11-03-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-01, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Insider, Week Four"
Well, hell! I give up. I was thinking I would like Lex--he's been my fav from the beginning for some reason....based on the Kelly/Clarence stuff,he sounds like a jerk. I wish they would SHOW that kind of stuff.

No wonder their ratings are tanking--they hyped up the Kelly/Clarence concern in the previews and then it took place in the subscription service.

Kelly still sounds cool, anyway.

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-02-01, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail supershirll Click to send private message to supershirll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Insider, Week Four"
Think of how much more interesting the show would be if they included this stuff. Instead we are shown Silas' 'Show me the money' speech and the Borans climbing a rock.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-03-01, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Alliances revealed..."
The Boran alliances were revealed to us now because they really don't matter after the "first 15 minutes" of EP5. "The twist" will make it moot...

Here's another transcript (from Sugargoose at Survivor Fever) of the insider clips dealing with the Boran alliances and dynamics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
KELLY's FRUSTRATION: (Kelly solo)

I'm glad to have something to do.
I was trying to work and they are like--Lex was like, "You really shouldn't work when other people are resting, because it makes people feel like they can't rest."
Well, you really shouldn't rest when I feel like working because it makes me feel like........What?? Idiot!!
So, let's all do no work!!---I was glad to get out of there.

Lex's role is very interesting...Kim and I approached Ethan and Lex about taking more of a leadership position really early on, and they both said they didn't want to do it, and so, I guess, I mean--
Lex is very high energy, so he's just always talking and like, always
stoking the fire, or cooking popcorn or stuffing the hot, or doing something. Because of that, a lot of times, people who are more lazy will be like, "Hey Lex, what are you doing? Do you need some help?" and now it has manifested into "Lex directs the action of the group for the day" which doesn't bother me-- he doesn't usually take it in a terrible direction or anything. If someone has to do it, I'm glad it's not me--at the same time, at times it gets annoying.
Yeah, I mean, Lex sets the priorities for the day and
by and large, they are fine, but little things like....Actually I'm coming to understand, he's a lot smarter of a guy than I thought he was and I don't know if he was downplaying it for any particular game reason or what, but he went to Santa Clara which is a good school and his parents PhDs..He's a smart cookie, but, like, you know,
I'm like, "Hey Lex! Let's put up the flag!"
(imitating Lex) "I think that's a lot of energy for the day; let's save it for tomorrow."
Ok, I could have done it myself, weirdo!
"Hey Lex! we have 20 cans in 10 days, let's have 2 cans a day."
(imitating Lex) "I really think we should all get together and vote on that."
Ok, I don't know, He's just a little bit controlling.
He treats everybody like he's the Dad and we're like seven, which is ok for me because I am the youngest so I think I take it the best.
It's a lot harder for Clarence
I could see why it would be hard for, like, Ethan but I guess he and Ethan are more like pals. whatever.
Lex is just......I mean, he's bossy but I don't care, because everyone who's bossy automatically gets the ridicule of the group, so if he wants to be the bossy one, that's fine; It's another person who's getting ridicule and not me. Yeah, It was annoying when I did feel like doing work and it didn't feel like it was too hot to me and
Kim wanted to work--just
Tom and Lex wanted to sleep and they felt guilty sleeping while we were working, so We had to not work so they could sleep. I don't know, It seemed kind of stupid.
I AM smart--It's not just being smart because we're not out here doing math or whatever, and I also feel that Lex makes all these ...
"You think to much!" "You make me nervous!"
I don't understand what these comments mean but I understand where they are coming from, probably because he's insecure. But still,
So! At least I can do something!
What am I supposed to do?
Not think and not do anything? Think that's fun??
I don't know-- whatever!!
It's not all that bad. I can't say I mind.
It would be worse if they were overworking me, I guess. But still,
I feel like I'm under-utilized. But, the good news is, I don't think it's hurting me any right now in voting stuff. I'm still here!
I'd rather be underutilized here than gone.

CLARENCE AND KELLY'S WALK OF SHAME:

C: It's hot as hell
K: It IS hot as hell
C: The more I think about it now, it's not Ethan I want to vote out.
K: Kim?
C: Lex
K: Lex?....He's bossy
C: I don't like that
K: I don't like that either, but She's killed us in some of the challenges
C: Yeah, did change your mind then?
K: It's making me think twice...This challenge wasn't even physical. That's what pisses me off. You know what I mean?
C: You were no slower than their girl
K: That's what I thought..I didn't notice it..When I left with somebody I always came back at the same time...no one was like, lapping me.
C: Every time she went, two people went for them. That's what killed us
K: Exactly, I don't think it was speed. It was just..f'ing, common sense, which is what kills me even more.
C: get rid of Kim, and you put yourself in a real real real precarious position.
K: That's true
C: Do you really want to do that? If you get rid of Kim, you put me in that same position too.
K: That's true ....I don't want to get rid of Kim. I like Kim
C: You and me said we want to go to the merger...
K: Trust me! I don't want to get rid of her at all. I just don't want to lose!
C: I don't want to lose either, but by the same token, it's not always going to all be situations where Kim kills us.
Tommy was rough on that first one
K: Yeah he was
C: so what I'm saying is that we get rid of our extreme weakness but not put yourself in a real precarious situation.
K: How can we do that? I say we win tomorrow, period. But we're.....
We really need to win 3 in a row, and then it doesn't matter.
C: The rewards are getting to the point where I'm like, ##### them. We have water and we can eat meal. I just want to make it to the merger. I want you to make it to the merger and what I'm telling you, if you are thinking about getting rid of Kim....
K: I'm not!
C: I don't plan on it, but if for some reason it happens, I say we get rid of Lex because Ethan will pretty much go wherever the ship is headed.
K: kind of a good point
C: Lex is an issue for me. He is becoming an issue for me, and
I don't like it. I'm still putting up with it. I'm still acting like I'm five. I'm letting him, you know, do the whole geeky thing. But, you know what I'm saying?
K: I don't even think we need to talk about losing tomorrow. It's more like, hope--, not hopefully......We're going to win tomorrow, period, Otherwise we're all kind of fucked.
If you think about it, if, for some reason, Tommy, Lex and Ethan voted for you, It wouldn't matter who me and Kim voted for, so
that's why we need to keep winning this immunity sh*t.
C: Tommy ain't going to vote for me, though, because Tommy is so damn weak at this point, Tommy know he need me. Tommy is starting to worry about himself. He's struggling!
There ain't not one damn berry!
K: How happy would you be if you just found soda machine?
C: If I found a soda machine I'd run like hell
K: You wouldn't have any quarters though!
C: I would think it was devilish magic or some African voodoo thing
K: Like in 2001 space odyssey ...
C: I'd just run. I'd run like hell
K; There is not even any shade in Africa, I think....I think, they outlawed it a couple years ago.
C: They banned shade
K: They banned shade!
C: they banned shade in 1340. There was no reason for shade!
K: There's like, a doily of shade right there, see it's like perforated.
C: A smidgen of shade. Let's go back to the other cherry thing and just eat.
K: ok, let's go eat
C: Let's go eat and bring nothing back. You know why I like taking these walks? So we can act our damn age! I get so sick of acting 4 and 5. (playing child) Uncle Lexy, may I have some water please?
(imitating Lex) "Yes, you may, son."
(playing child) Look Dad! I took two poles and I tied them up with a rope! Doesn't it look good?
(imitating Lex) "Yes, son, but if you do it this way it will look much better!"
K: (imitating Lex) "Have you thought about holding the pole this way??"
C: (imitating Lex) "guys! guys! guys! time out! hold up!" "You know what? If we'll just um, find the best sushi place in the whole wide wide world, and It's not here!!" "You know what, they beat us and that made me mad!"
(as himself) It's like, Come on man!

Sugargoose is a regular contributor on the RealityTVfans.com Forums

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •