The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol 2/21/06 Ladies; East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-21-06, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol 2/21/06 Ladies; East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-06 AT 07:51 PM (EST)

Please keep all discussion of tonight's program in this thread until 11:00 pm for the benefit of those in other time zones who wish to be surprised of what happens.

Tonight, we the people get to start voting. The 12 chosen ladies will perform.

As a reminder to those who are new to this discussion, chances are this thread could be long, so please try to remember to delete your sigpics for the benefit of our friends who are on dial-up.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Mandisa kathliam 02-21-06 1
   RE: Mandisa volsfan 02-21-06 4
 Kelly Pickler kathliam 02-21-06 2
 Becky O'Donohue kathliam 02-21-06 3
   RE: Becky O'Donohue volsfan 02-21-06 5
   RE: Becky O'Donohue arkiegrl 02-21-06 14
 Ayla Brown kathliam 02-21-06 6
   RE: Ayla Brown volsfan 02-21-06 8
 Paris Bennett kathliam 02-21-06 7
   RE: Paris Bennett volsfan 02-21-06 9
 Stevie Scott kathliam 02-21-06 10
   RE: Stevie Scott arkiegrl 02-21-06 15
 Brenna Gethers kathliam 02-21-06 11
 Heather Cox kathliam 02-21-06 12
 Melissa McGhee kathliam 02-21-06 13
 Lisa Tucker kathliam 02-21-06 16
   RE: Lisa Tucker arkiegrl 02-21-06 17
 Overall volsfan 02-21-06 18
 Kinnick Sky kathliam 02-21-06 19
   RE: Kinnick Sky volsfan 02-21-06 20
 Katharine McPhee kathliam 02-21-06 21
   RE: Katharine McPhee jags 02-22-06 25
 RE: American Idol 2/21/06 Ladies; E... Fishercat 02-21-06 22
 The Ladies Overall Survivorerist 02-21-06 23
   RE: The Ladies Overall jags 02-22-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-21-06, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Mandisa"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-06 AT 08:07 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-21-06 AT 08:04 PM (EST)

Mandisa is singing 'Never' by Heart.

Based on this performance, game over. Wow. What a voice.

eta: 866-IDOLS-01

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-06, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mandisa"
I agree...she did a great job!

02-21-06, 08:14 PM (EST)
2. "Kelly Pickler"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-06 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

Singing 'How Far' by Martina McBride.

She definitely has a Carrie Underwood vibe. Good voice, though.

Randy, good performance but not great. Paula, no diva attitude, likeability attitude. Simon, fell off at end but has likeability, felt heartfelt and sincere, did very well.

Bwahaha, Grandpa is getting a little action!

1-866-IDOLS-02

etf: phone number

02-21-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
3. "Becky O'Donohue"
Singing 'Because The Night'. Artist? It's on the tip of my tongue. Annie Lennox?

Randy, loved her performance, notes a little here and there, liked her performance. Paula, she commands the stage, but notes were off during the song (boos, but Randy agrees). Paula reminds them not to oversing. Simon, better than he expected, visually she's a 10, but vocally she's a 6 1/2. He thinks by this time 'good enough' isn't good enough.

1-866-IDOLS-03.

02-21-06, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Becky O'Donohue"
She is just a middle of the road performance to me.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-06, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Becky O'Donohue"
Artist: Patti Smith

02-21-06, 08:33 PM (EST)
6. "Ayla Brown"
Ha! She's taller than Ryan and he needs a box to stand on.

She's singing 'Reflection' by Christina Augliara (sp?) from the movie 'Mulan'.

I am extremely impressed with her voice. Randy, he didn't expect it to be that good, he was pleasantly surprised. Paula agrees, very ambitious undertaking, she made it her own. Simon, she's a hard worker, but saw emotion from her and one of her better performances.

1-866-IDOLS-04.

02-21-06, 08:40 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ayla Brown"
I liked her voice but I swear I don't remember her before tonight...damn I have lost brain cells all over reality TV land!

02-21-06, 08:39 PM (EST)
7. "Paris Bennett"
Singing 'Midnight Train to Georgia' -- Gladys Knight.

Girl's got stage presence! And she has the voice to back it up. Wow!

Randy, we've got a hot one, America, it's like she's being doing it all her life, it was amazing. Paula, she's her Idol, like a little eneriger bunny and avoided a wardrobe malfunction, she's a showperson. Simon, she came in at 17 years old and showed a ton of girls what they have to do well in a competition, a performance everyone will remember, that was great.

1-866-IDOLS-05

02-21-06, 08:45 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Paris Bennett"
She is too wittle to sing that big!

02-21-06, 08:48 PM (EST)
10. "Stevie Scott"
The opera trained singer who likes sing other styles. Singing 'To Where You Are' by Josh Grobin. She sings in 5 languages.

A few hinky notes there. How is it that an opera singer has difficulty with the upper register of this song? Not overly impressed.

Randy, different but didn't capture his attention. Paula disagrees, thought it brave of her to tackle that song. Simon, disagrees with Paula, messed up that song, complete mess.

1-866-IDOLS-06.

02-21-06, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Stevie Scott"
I did not like this. If she makes it past this first cut by the audience, she is really going to have to step it up.

02-21-06, 08:59 PM (EST)
11. "Brenna Gethers"
This year's diva. Singing 'Sunshine of my Life' by Stevie Wonder.

Rough start, folks. Finds her way as she works her way into the song. Hinky start. Nice key change.

Randy, she chose safe song, big note at the end saved her but maybe not enough. Paula, she needs a little humility. Simon doesn't need any humility but it was horrible, everything they liked about her evaporated. Girl talks back to Simon.

1-855-Idols-07.

02-21-06, 09:11 PM (EST)
12. "Heather Cox"
Singing 'When You Tell Me That You Love Me', done by last year's AI finalists (Bo and Carrie?).

Doesn't start off well. Needs to project more. I (personally) have a problem with singers who can only proejct in the upper register. (I don't really care for the 'power singers' only.)

So-so performance for me. Randy, thought she would slay them, not what happened, pretty boring for him, kinda pitchy. Paula, agrees witn Randy, started rough, not a great performance. Simon, was forgetable. she got it wrong.

1-866-IDOLS-08.

02-21-06, 09:21 PM (EST)
13. "Melissa McGhee"
Singing 'When The Lights Go Down' by Faith Hill.

I may have mentioned before that I have respect for singer who choose songs that highlight their abilities to sing both the upper and lower reigsters. And she can do that. An okay performance but okay.

Randy, started rocky but liked that she worked it out, not an amazing performance. Paula, thinks was a shining moment, a sexy standout voice, made the song her own. Simon, in the middle, wouldn't remember her before, she's been overshadowed, sang better than some girls tonight but a bit lifeless tonight.

1-866-IDOLS-09.

02-21-06, 09:27 PM (EST)
16. "Lisa Tucker"
Singing 'I Am Changing' by Jennifer Holliday.

I'm tearing up from the first notes. She bobbles the beginning of the song a little. That voice is coming out of a 16 year old To be fair, she is pitchy throuhgout most of the song, but she has a powerful voice.

Randy, chose a very ambitious song, started rough but he was impressed. Paula, she is poised, has a gift, a star from start to finish. Simon, she made girls 5 or 6 years older than her look ordinary, has the potential that this is the night we will look back and remember.

1-866-IDOLS-10.

02-21-06, 09:29 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Lisa Tucker"
Lisa has been one of my favorites since the first round of auditions. It wasn't as good as I expected her to be, but I still think it was good.

02-21-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
18. "Overall"
I am impressed! There have been some really good singers and others not so good but overall...not bad!

02-21-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
19. "Kinnick Sky"
Singing 'Get Here' by Alita Adams (?).

I am so impressed by the stage presence of most of tonight's ladies. Not a lot of novices on stage. And the voice to back it up.

Randy, middle rough but brought it home at the end, gives it a 6 overall. Paula, a few sharp notes but the performance was powerful. Simon, thinks her problem is that they have seen a few stunning performances by very young performers, they weren't wow'd by her performance.

1-866-IDOLS-11.

02-21-06, 09:41 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Kinnick Sky"
I liked her much better than Randy did.

02-21-06, 09:47 PM (EST)
21. "Katharine McPhee"
Singing 'Since I Fell For You', originally done by Barbra Streisand.

The judges don't, as a rule, like show tunes. She starts a little rough, but finds her groove once she finishes the intro. Actually manages to sing the song without making it a 'Babs' imitation. Wow!

Randy, wow, loves her voice, a natural talent, great. Paula, great performance, gave her all, showed her personality. Simon, four good vocalists tonight, she was the best.

1-866-IDOLS-12.

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-22-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Katharine McPhee"
Wow, Barbara Streisand is one of my favorite singers and I thought maybe to much for you but you made me even more of a believer. Katharine nailed it and is the drivers seat.
Jags

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-21-06, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: American Idol 2/21/06 Ladies; East Coast Spoiler Thread"
My opinions (I'll move this over to the other thread when I can)

1. Paris Bennett - I thought her rendition was fantastic. She had a great, fun attitude which brought more life to an already lively song. She was fantastic and she proved a doubter (me) wrong. Kudos to Paris

2. Katharine McPhee - I was almost sickened to hear another. damn. slow. song. However, she was into the song, she really stuck it, she wasn't an imitator, and Katharine was awesome. Strong, strong voice.

3. Lisa Tucker - A welcome change, and I had high hopes for her, and I'm happy with her results. She should easily make it to the Final 12 with chops like that.

4. Mandisa - Really, 1-4 could all be equal as far as I'm concerned. They were clearly the four best for me and any order is fine. I didn't like the song as much at the time...but with the rest of them, she grew for trying and doing well at a big song.

5. Kellie Pickler - Much like Carrie last year, but not quite as strong and I got really tired of Carrie as time went on. She should be safe this week and she was generally strong and heartfelt. I was okay with how she did.

6. Kinnik Sky - I think she got some unnecessary flack from the judges. I think she did well, some mess ups in some places, but she is a pro and you can tell.

7. Melissa McGhee - I was lying on the ground, almost sleeping during this performance...solid voice though with a boring song. She has a chance to go home simply for the "who?" factor.

8. Brenna Gethers - Be true to yourself. I didn't like it. Boring, fake, but still with some strength.

9. Becky O'Donohue - She sang a fast song. That's the only reason

10. Stevie Scott - For the guts to try something different, but for someone so "different", she sure was boring.

11. Ayla Brown - Who? Seriously, I cheer for the hometown people, but she was boring beyond belief. Nothing at all to be excited about.

12. Heather Cox - She has a strong natural voice, but she was simply horrible tonight. She had a bad song, she had a bad performance, she was forgettable.

My prediction: Stevie Scott and Heather Cox are going home.

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-21-06, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "The Ladies Overall "
A good mix of singers here. Nobody too spectacular, but a few good singers, others with good charisma, and still others who are just interesting personalities.

Worst Two Performances: Probably Becky and Heather

Best Two Performances: Mandisa and Paris

Kellie, Paris and Katharine are the three I like due to the fact that they're absolutely adorable.

-----------

~Erist

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-22-06, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Ladies Overall "
I have been watching American Idol from inception as a group this is the most talent that they have ever gotten together at once.
>Worst Two Performances: Probably Heather
>and Stevie, just not the right songs and they just did not have it.
>
>Best Two Performances: Katharine headed up the group of young ladies she just nailed a great song by a great artist.
in Second was a tie between Paris and Lisa who are equally talented, Before last night performance I picked these three to make the finals>
>Mandisa was fantastic with her rendition of NEVER by Heart. Kellie is just plain lovable and that will take her long way, hopefully she will get some much needed help from coaches because this competition is tough.
>Kinnick did better than the judges gave her credit for but it is true the strength right now is in the youth.

>All I can say is this is going to be very good competition. Not one clearcut winner yet but lots of talent.
>~Jags

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •