The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A more plausible twist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-02-01, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A more plausible twist"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-01 AT 02:26 PM (EST)

See added final para.
The merge happens next week, but the tribes continue to exist, separately but under the same roof. Rewards are individual. ICs and tribal councils are done as before, i.e., S vs B.

Reasons? Sambuca's food is united with Boring's water - a good deal for both. People get to know one another for an extra two episodes, giving a chance for new alliances to build before going to individual instead of team immunity.

This addresses the game's weakness of having strong tribe loyalties going into the merge by providing a transition, and it is a far less radical change than the other theories.

Further clarification: This scenario does not require any change to the rules. I doubt very much that there is any rule saying that the tribes must stay incommunicado. In fact, we know that they talk during the challenges. So all that MB needs to do is make both teams move to new camps, which are located side by side. Then things happen naturally. The water/food swap is obvious. They would probably also decide to actually move to a single camp so that only two lookouts are necessary instead of four. The rewards could still be by team (only 2 to go anyway). The point is to establish communication to undercut tribal loyalties and alliances.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A more plausible twist dabo 11-04-01 1
   Exactly, Dabo... IceCat 11-04-01 2
 Food vs. Water Canada Girl 11-05-01 3
   RE: Food vs. Water TaurusII 11-05-01 4
       RE: Food vs. Water Loree 11-05-01 6
 RE: A more plausible twist littlesplitty 11-05-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-01, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A more plausible twist"
I'm glad you pointed this out on IceCat's thread, and early merge does seem to be the most elegant solution (re. Occam's razor). While I would prefer that the RC's and IC's continue to be team (tribal) rather than individual, at least through the traditional episode 6, I don't see how that would work to break down friendships and alliances re. the hyperbole of the ep 5 promo. Could you just see the great scenes of reward being enjoyed by one side of camp while other side could only watch, that would be some great TV! But unless all of them go to TC (or some variation of the three teams is thrown into it somehow) where would the hyperbole have even the scantest justification?

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-01, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Exactly, Dabo..."
If the 'twist' is a merge at 12, it must include a full merge where immunity and reward challenges are individual.

September 11, 2001

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-05-01, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Food vs. Water"

>Reasons? Sambuca's food is united with
>Boring's water - a good
>deal for both.

Although I think this is totally plausible, in a lot of respects, this is NOT a fair trade. As someone said after Samburu won the food stuff (loose quote) "We'd give it all up for water" and I think if anyone asked Boran they would say they'd rather keep the water. From what we saw, the "food" was not _that_ nourishing, ie olive oil and soup mix.

Anyone know exactly what they got, anyway?

TaurusII 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-05-01, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TaurusII Click to send private message to TaurusII Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Food vs. Water"
As I recall, the items that they showed were olive oil, soup mix (just add water ), dried tomatoes, and some kind of jam or similar stuff. I don't know that we were ever shown all 12 items, if they were all different or there were duplications.

)O_II

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-01, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Food vs. Water"
They were also given rice.

littlesplitty 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-05-01, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littlesplitty Click to send private message to littlesplitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A more plausible twist"
Just a thought. I was just over looking at the vidcaps and noticed the post about Kelly's new necklace...which mysteriously resembles the mallbrat jewelry. This idea of yours could also explain that. The food court four may recruit Kelly to be a "friend" of their alliance, if you will. BUT, the only thing I see wrong with this theory is that if Boran lost an IC they would boot her out first because of her seemingly new alliance. Also, I think that living together at the same location would only strengthen current alliances and friendships, not break them down. Plus I don't think everyone would be so pissed about moving. Big deal. In comparison to having to split up your tribe, moving to a new location seems like cake.
<><
Splitty

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •