The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-02-01, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
Okay... let's ass-u-me for a second that the twist in the next episode is a 1-1 trade. This thread is to discuss what will happen if that is the case.

Occam's Razor suggests simplest solution is correct. In MB owned Expedition Robinson, (Swedish version of Survivor), each tribe switches one player with the other tribe in Episode 5. The assumption is that MB will not try anything that hasn't been proven to work, so he'll stick with this formula for the American version... means that tribal identities hold, camps and provisions stay in place, but each tribe has one new member, and loses one old one.

If there is a 1-1 trade, I can forsee four ways that it would happen:

1) Producers select member to be traded
With CBS standards and practices watching, and with the Stacey lawsuit in place, this should be immediately discounted. There is NO WAY that MB will risk another lawsuit over this!

2) Tribe member to be traded is the loser of some sort of competition
This could be the equivalent of drawing straws, or as complicated as one of the traditional individual challenges, seen in Eps7-13... This takes away the aspect of social conflict that this trade is meant to induce... I don't see this happening.

3) Team selects the member of their tribe to get rid of.
If this is the case, then I suspect that we'll see this treated as a TC for each tribe. Remember that this is the first time this has ever been done before... the teams will not consider sending "moles" into the other camp to try to gain trust... they will assume that whatever member gets traded will be voted off by the other tribe first. Thus, the GXA will insist on sending Teresa, and Boran will send Mama Kim... just as if each tribe had gone to tribal council.

4) Team select member of other tribe they want.
I like this a lot more, because it has the potential to destroy alliances, and really make a huge difference in the game... plus the traded member was one that the tribe wanted, and thus they are less likely to be the immediate victim at the next TC...

Okay... so if this is the case, who will be selected???

Samburu: The GXA will want someone that they percieve to be fun. Both the GXA and the OFA understand the importance of strength (note they still haven't voted off disliked Frank)... expecially after last week's loss. I suspect that they will go for strength and select either Clarence, Ethan, or Lex. Lex seems to old for the GXA, Clarence may seem too old, too... Ethan, on the other hand is a young, strong soccer player, in a similar demographic as the GXA... I suspect that Samburu will select him.

Boran: It has always been about strength on Boran. We know they will select a male, and they will try to find the strongest one. Frank or Silas seems a likely candidate... Silas is probably a smarter choice, because he is younger and seems to be more fit.

Changes in group dynamics: Every friendship is shattered. This leaves the GXA with 3, and the OFA with 2, with Ethan in the middle. Ethan's maturity will likely point him in the direction of Frank (who will approach him with info about Lindsey's previous votes). Also, Ethan will not want to be the fourth in a four-person alliance, when he can be the third in a 3-person alliance (and probably be the greatest challenge threat w/in that alliance). In the new Samburu goes to TC, the E&OFA will vote off Lindsey in a 3-3 tie.

Meanwhile, in Boran, the LET alliance is shattered. LTC will have to hang on to each other, but Clarence has previous votes. Silas will naturally gravitate toward Kelly (just as he gravitated toward B/L/K in Samburu). This may produce a 3-3 tie w/in Boran with Lex, Tom, and Clarence voting against Kelly, Mama Kim, and Silas. If LTC target Silas, and KKS target Clarence, we will have another tie w/ 4 previous votes each. But I suspect that LTC will target the weak, and Clarence will be eliminated in a deadlocked tie with Mama Kim.

Indeed, if the tribes get to choose who will join their tribe, the game will be changed forever.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What will happen if the Twist i... TODDLJ 11-02-01 1
   RE: What will happen if the Twist i... dangerkitty 11-02-01 5
 RE: What will happen if the Twist i... true 11-02-01 2
   RE: What will happen if the Twist i... bondt007 11-02-01 3
   RE: What will happen if the Twist i... bebekid 11-03-01 8
       RE: What will happen if the Twist i... PepeLePew13 11-06-01 17
 Love it. big idiot 11-02-01 4
 RE: What will happen if the Twist i... turtle 11-02-01 6
 RE: What will happen if the Twist i... supershirll 11-02-01 7
   RE: What will happen if the Twist i... turtle 11-03-01 9
 option 5 mavsfan 11-03-01 10
 RE: What will happen if the Twist i... mockingbird 11-03-01 11
 RE: What will happen if the Twist i... Outfrontgirl 11-03-01 12
   RE: What will happen if the Twist i... big idiot 11-03-01 13
   RE: What will happen if the Twist i... dangerkitty 11-03-01 14
 bump sleeeve 11-05-01 15
   precident mavsfan 11-05-01 16
       RE: precident skierdude10 11-06-01 18
           RE: precident Sanchman 11-06-01 19
               SLEEEVE I don't understand! jessie 11-06-01 20
                   RE: SLEEEVE I don't understand! sleeeve 11-06-01 22
                       Thanks! jessie 11-07-01 23
                       RE: Kelly switch Ogachu 11-07-01 24
               I love swedish fish! moonbaby 11-06-01 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-02-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
Excellent post, sleeeve. I think we should focus on the 1-1 switch as the most likely of all posssible 'twists'. As I've said before in other responses, it's also possible the 1-1 switch may be only temporary...

It seems to me, with Franks "going into enemy territory" quote, we should assume it is Frank who goes to Boran, which is certainly plausable. And he would certainly shake thinks up by ratting on the rats.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-02-01, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
I love this idea, sleeeve! Great thinking, Big Spoiler Brain!

TODDLJ: You make a good point about the comment Frank made. There was also this by Kim P.: "I couldn't be more excited about all the food we won - unless it was water. I would give it all up for water." And that was BEFORE they cracked their boiling pots! Maybe a little hint there, too?

At Boran, it was made clear that rations are low and tasteless. Really, it was only Tom that was highlighted as to not wanting to eat. Is that a hint about him?

Bottom line, Samburu has to have water. They can't do without it. Obviously the drinking, but also - most of that food does them no good without water! Soup mix, rice, seasonings... They can eat the jars of jam, but that won't do much for them. So Samburu food situation is bad too.

There are so many little things that could be hints. Brandon's heartfelt (gag) proclamation of undying friendship for his buds - "I don't do anything alone, we are always together." All the others were nodding along, including the OFA. That little group is about to get broken up!

We also had back-to-back scenes of first Kelly and then Kim P. lamenting the ineptness of their tribe. Each said in so many words "We are the tribe that is all fucked up!" (that was before Boran won IC, though).

There is also the juxtaposition of GXAs continuing "disrespect" for the reality of where they are (Lindsey even said as much, in some garbled way, at TC), while Boran is experiencing a deepening respect and sense of the reality of being in Africa. This would get mixed into both tribes with a swap, too (without Linda's histrionics).

Yea! It's going to be interesting!

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-01, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
Excellent points sleeeve. I couldn't buy the 1 person switch, because it seemed that the ones switched would be immediate targets of their new tribes. Your scenario #4 is the only one that makes sense to me.

Even so, whoever is chosen, would be none too happy (except perhaps Frank or Teresa) I can't imagine any Boran member willingly giving up the water they earned to switch sides. Samburu seems doomed, and moving there would crush any Boran tribe member.

Unless, they somehow sweeten the deal for the one that is chosen..maybe guaranteed immunity until the merge, or some type of food/water reward.

I agree, the "twist" will be something simple, but effective in shaking things up.

Hopefully, it won't be some Love Cruise type disaster.

true

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-01, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
Agree Sleeve. Number one and two seem silly to even consider, number three would be a twist, but the end product wouldn't change the teams enough - so number four seems most likely. However,"true" brings up the food/water issue again (detailed on another thread), will they alow the new/traded tribesperson the abillity to bring food from Samburu or water from Boran to the their new tribe. That might (a) tick the "send" tribe off because resources of theirs are leaving them, and (b) make the traded tribesperson a bit of a hero and received well due to the gift (of water/food) they bring with them...

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-03-01, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
I like the idea of the tribe choosing someone they WANT from the other tribe, not taking a reject from the other tribe.

That being said, I had thought they might swap the person from each tribe who had the most votes against them. This may or may not be legal and may open EPM up for litigation.

If not, this would certainly be a "twist" in the game, and would break up (or at least weaken) the GXA. Lindsey would go to Boran (OMG!) and Clarence would go to Samburu.

I also like the thought they they would need to "sweeten the deal" for the 2 that are swapped. How about this for rampant speculation: Clarence and Lindsey are not only offered immunity until the merge, they wipe away all previous votes. It would be like being "born again" on Survivor. Clarence and Lindsey would be fools not to go for this. They essentially get to start over and make good with their new tribes, and possibly go much farther into the game. This may be unrealistic, but it is fun to contemplate the possibilites!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-01, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"

>I also like the thought they they would need to "sweeten
>the deal" for the 2 that are swapped. How about this
>for rampant speculation: Clarence and Lindsey are
>not only offered immunity until the merge, they wipe away
>all previous votes.

This simply would not work or be fair... too open to potential litigation as a tweaking of the rules and what if we have a situation where let's say Tom (zero votes) faces off against Lindsey (wiped clean slate) in another tiebreaker at TC and Lindsey wins again? Tom would have a good case.

Also, don't forget that Silas has three votes and he'd scream bloody murder if Lindsey/Clarence with four votes each get to clean their slates after a swap but Silas doesn't.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-01, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Love it."
Sleeeve, good spec on #4.

I dump my two other threads on twist theories ("Ambassadors", too early, doesn't warrant preview hype; "Cannibalism", tribes even now, too dangerous, doesn't warrant preview hype)

Your #4 fits the bill, and beyond. My only concerns for analysis by others (especially 'zzzzz', gives good and smart analysis):

Why would they need to know by tree mail? Why tell them ahead of time? Why not just send them an invite to gather and then SPRING it on them so that way they can't do any trickery
at the gathering (feigning a personality-type to influence the other tribe)?

Here is one modification: They need to know ahead of time, because they end up doing BOTH #3 and #4, but only know about #3 before the gathering.

Visual: They gather, Jeff has them state to the other tribe why they chose that tribe member out of their tribe, has several members from each speak so their personalities and friendships (alliances) are evident and then adds, "OK, you've cast out one member, that was only half of the exchange, the other half is that now you can choose someone from the other tribe."

And perhaps they can use the input of the cast out member...

OK, maybe too many twists like a dysfunctional Slinky, but please do share your thoughts.

turtle 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-02-01, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail turtle Click to send private message to turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
I can't see how trading off one player is going to shatter friendships and destroy alliances...putting MB's tendencies to exaggerate aside, is it not possible that it will be more than 1 person who goes?

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-02-01, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail supershirll Click to send private message to supershirll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
Here is how I see it:

JP: OK, each tribe need to decide who they want from the other tribe and write the name on this tablet.

Samburu: We take Clarence.

Boran: We take Silas.

JP: Now choose another player. The traded players may not have any input into the decision.

Samburu: We take Ethan (or Lex).

Boran: We take Frank.

JP: OK since the first two trades have been men, you must now trade a woman. Again traded players may not have any input.

Samburu: We take Kelly.

Boran: We take Lindsey (or Kim P.)

Now they would have two new teams without any significant shift in team power, but significant shifts in alliance power!

turtle 23 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-01, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail turtle Click to send private message to turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
I like the Red Rover idea - each tribe gets to pick who they want, without being the ones to make the sacrifices from their own squads...but for some reason I don't think they'll be that conscious of just what is going on. Given MB's evil tendencies, I'm more inclined to think that each group will have to select 3 members with only vague instructions, but will have NO IDEA what the ultimate result of that selection will be...and when they do find out they will be in for the shocker of their lives!!!

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-01, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "option 5"
1st, I'm not a fan at all of switching players. I think it penalizes the players that have been the most successful in forming good alliances early.

Too it pretty much violates the "Don't let them smooze each other!!! They're suppose to be SWORN ENEMIES!!!" philosophy that MB espoused at the cliff jumping challenge in SII.

I'm also hesitant to think Susan knows what's going to happen in SIII when the TV guide article reads like speculation rather than insider knowlegde.

Having said that, the fact that there is precedence for trading players in the European version means we should consider it atleast as a possibility.

option 5 is to allow each tribe to select 3 players to make off limits for selection by the other tribe. JP would then allow the opposing tribe the chance to select 1 of the 3 players that are available to them.

The reason option 5 has a certain appeal to me is because it forces the tribe to more clearly define which of their members are part of the team, and which players are not. This encourages the players in weaker positions withing the alliance to try and recruit the new member for a brand new alliance.

For instance, if the mallrats choose to protect Silas/Kim/Lindsey, then Brandon would be encouraged to join Theresa and whomever they selected from Boran. This would be true for any of the unprotected mallrats.

A similar argument could be made for Boran. If Boran choose to protect Lex/Ethan/Tom then which ever 2 Boran are left unselected to join Sambura would be well advised to join the Sambura that's been selected to join their tribe.

Again, I'm not a fan of the trading players, but something along these lines I think is a little more certain destroy friendships and alliances.

mockingbird 61 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-01, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mockingbird Click to send private message to mockingbird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
Does anyone know how the players were selected to be traded in the Swedish version of Survivor?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
I agree that scenario 1 is unlikely, and I can see why #4 intrigues everybody. #3, however, fits with the tree mail preview for Ep 5. (Granted the previews haven't been 100% accurate, but it's what we have.)

The preview says: who's the one they'll dismiss--i.e. to to send a member away. #4 would allow them to choose a member. As I understand the Swedish Switch, that swap coforms to #3 as well.

I'll copy here the added dialogue to the current CBS site video:

Clarence (confessional): I can't believe this is happening
KimP or Lind: OMG
Lindsey: we all kind of just panicked
Lindsey (maybe): what the heck? (in a high pitched scratchy semi-shriek)

Closing lines:
"And the only people more surprised than you will be the survivors themselves"

Clarence and Lindsery are shown as unhappy and really nervous. Clarence would not be upset at the prospect of trading Mama Kim, as anyone they got would be a better competitor. Boran wouldn't choose to dismiss his strength. Lindsey wouldn't freak out if the GXA were all staying together.

People have said that the traded person knows the prior vote history. Sure, but that only matters at merge time, and we all know Teresa/Frank would spill that to Boran (or trade it) when they merged--so trading Teresa now doesn't created a new danger for the GXA. The GXA would panic if one of them gets sent to Boran OR if they lose Frank to Boran and don't get a strong man in return. The latter doesn't break up their alliance, however.

I think this must be a more complex swap than simply dismissing the weakest competitor outside the majority alliance. If I were Burnett, I would introduce some random chance element to prevent them from sending away the weakest link, perhaps combined with a choice between two candidates selected by draw.

As far as I'm concerned, any scenario that ends up with a GXA swapped qualifies to fulfill the prediction of broken friendships and shattered alliances. Boran are not "friends" in the same sense, nor have their alliances been set in stone as with the GXA.

sleeeve, you make an excellent point that the twist will "induce social conflict." The conflict may arise by forcing people to make hard choices, but also through splitting up strong alliances. Then you have the anxiety about whether your ally remains loyal while in the opposite camp. If a GXA leaves, the remaining GXA once again face a 3-3 vote if Samburu goes to TC, with at least one of them carrying past votes. Right there you have a huge twist.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-01, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
Outfrontgirl,

I agree with your thoughts of #4 does not totally suit the preview response. See my proposal in this thread (#3 AND #4 occur).

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-03-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What will happen if the Twist is the Swedish Switch???"
Something else I find interesting: the last couple of episodes have shown nothing but love and harmony among the Boran. But the Insider clips seem to clearly show a lot of uncertainity, emnity, calculating etc. Insider also seems to give a lot of face time to Kelly and to develop her in a very appealing way. Yet she gets almost zero face-time on the show. I think the show has also made a point of showing us that Tom is weak/weakening. The lack of food, always sucking wind and struggling during challenges. What is the balance of power in Boran, anyway? This "switch" or whatever is going to be more of a mystery with Boran, whereas the cards are pretty much on the table with Samburu.

Samburu - I think Kim P. is more of a wild card than we may think. She seems to have a mind of her own and a mind to the game. Comments in confessionals, and her friendship with Linda, for example. Teresa - Insider clips indicate she made a concious choice to ally with the OFA instead of GXA - that GXA may have been better for her in some ways, but she wouldn't have really been herself. She may be more open to other alliances with a better class of youngsters.

I love all the speculation about the different ways for the switch to happen. The idea somehow forcing a group of four to pick one that has to go sure would mess with the dynamics. If that's the case, we may have some hints from Brandon - his comment during the vote discussion "I wish it had been me that had gotten votes, because it wouldn't have bothered me" and at TC "these are my friends, always" (gag) indicate he might take a bullet for the group willingly.

Ack..it's so much speculation; I just always believe that every clip, every word that we get on the show is chosen for a reason, so to look closely at what is aired in context of what we speculate may form a pattern.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

11-05-01, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "bump"
...because this is the only one that has precident, and it's fallen off the page to ideas that have little-to-no spoiler evidence, and to redundant posts by people that don't bother to post in the thread that says the EXACT thing that they're posting.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-05-01, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "precident"
One of my main sticking points in resisting the player swap idea is that we have not seen this in SI or SII. I know there is the precident in the swedish version, but American game show laws are pretty strict, due to the early game show scandals. There is of course the distinct possibility that this option was in the SI & SII rules but that the producers decided not to excersise this option. It's also possible that SI & SII rules are simply different than SIII.

Having said that, I think we can achieve many of the same result without depending on the Swedish SURVIVOR precident, but instead by turning to established AMBASSADOR roles.

In SI Tagi selected Greg as the Ambassador, MB rejected that selection, and instead picked Jenna as Tagi's representative for a 1 night meeting between her and Sean.

In SII it was a little different when MB selected 2 members of each tribe to spend and night at the other teams camp.

MB needs merely to make use of AMBASSADORS to deliver on his SURVIVROR 1st/THOUGHT THEY KNEW THE GAME/CHANGED FOREVER promo.

MB seems to have a definite desire to see teams merge 5-5. He has a problem however in that Sambura only has 4 sure votes with the 2 old folks ready to bolt as soon as they merge. When Sambura loses 1 of the next 2 IC they can only get reid of 1 old folk leaving the other 1 to jump ship.

MB needs a Boran to jump ship and join the mallrats. The best candidate for this I think is easily Kelly. But he doesn't want any mallrats to jump and join the Boran. The most entrenched mallrat is probably Brandon.

So, per the Bungler video caps that show Kelly possibly wearing a mallrat necklace, and seems to show Brandon possibly being at the Boran boma, MB simply selects Brandon and Kelly as AMBASSADORS.

This gives the mallrats a chance to work on Kelly to join their alliance without the listening ears of any other Boran.

This allows the merge to take place at 5-5. The lines would be drawn between the 4 mallrats + Kelly vs 4 Boran + last old folk.

This will be a SURVIVOR 1ST because, despite our yelling at the TV telling Amber "Your doomed, join Roger/Liz/Nick" no one has ever crossed tribal lines yet. It will change the way the game is played forever, because the odd man out in alliances will have have been shown the path ie. that jumping ship if your the odd man out of and alliance is a logical choice. This also demonstrates to future players that it's important to keep your tribe together, rather than cutting members of your own tribe out just because you have numerical superiority.

I could just imagine the glee MB would feel getting the psychology major, the "manipulator of men" to run thru his maze to get a piece of cheese. (although a shot at $1,000,000 is a nice chunk of cheese).

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-01, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: precident"
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-01 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

I am definately a supporter of the switch theory. It just makes the most sense to me.

The switch would have to be a permanent one, in order to have any effect...

The reward challenge will be to pick any member from the other tribe maybe, this fits in perfectly with the first 15 minutes and also serves as a reward.

I think that Samburu will choose Clarence or Ethan.

Clarence is strong and he fells very vulnerable. I think that he would most likely join the GXA and vote out of the OFA. The GXA will give Clarence a false sense of protection, until they vote him out later on down the road.

If Ethan is picked then it will be more complicated. Ethan is very observant and also very circumspect. He will probably try to go under the radar and I can definately see him voting with the OFA against the GXA. This would kill the GXA alliance and then Linz or Silas would be voted out (this depends on who Boran picks.)

Back now to Boran....

I think that Boran sees Silas as the leader...

They would probably pick him and have him join their team.

Now, if they had traded away Ethan, then silas would probably piss some of them off. I do not think that he will get along well with some of Boran, but I do think that Lex will find him useful and try to get him to join in with him. Clarence will see Silas as a threat and probably vote against him....

That is how I see things happenin...

Skier

Sanchman 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-06-01, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sanchman Click to send private message to Sanchman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: precident"
Wonder if it would be too big of a Reward Challenge prize for the winning tribe to pick both the person leaving their tribe and the person coming to their tribe?

jessie 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-01, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jessie Click to send private message to jessie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "SLEEEVE I don't understand!"
I was following your scenario, but you said Mama Kim would go to Samburu... so how can she be in an alliance?? It would Be Ethan, Tom, Clarence and Lex against Silas, Kelly... Ethan or Clarence might want to switch to the younger people, but Ethan's doing fine where he is so why risk a new alliance with someone new... and Clarence has votes against him so would be out in a tie-vote situation, he'd be best to sit tight, as well. If Silas comes over, I think it's buh-bye time for him!

11-06-01, 09:51 PM (EST)
22. "RE: SLEEEVE I don't understand!"
>I was following your scenario, but
>you said Mama Kim would
>go to Samburu... so how
>can she be in an
>alliance??

Reread my original post... I have four scenarios presented... I discount scenario 1 and 2 immediately... Scenario 3 indicates that MamaKim and Teresa should be traded.

Scenario 4 (which you are referring to) indicates that Silas and Ethan will be traded... however, newly surfacing evidence (since this was written) seems to indicate that Kelly will be traded.

Anyway, hope that clarifies my original theory.

jessie 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jessie Click to send private message to jessie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Thanks!"
Yes, thanks! I'm a new reader and there's so much to catch up on! I can't wait for tomorrow!

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Kelly switch"
I'm not sure whether I'm posting this in the right place or not, so forgive me, but I think it pertains to who are the potential "switchees"

On one of the other boards (SS I think) there were pictures of Lindsey with her necklace on prior to E5 but after it broke...6 beads in every one of them. Then there was the picture taken of Lindsey after she returned with the bandana and the braids. She was wearing her necklace...6 beads again. This leads us to Kelly's necklace. If it is a MA necklace, where did the bead come from? I don't know where Kelly's necklace came from, but I think it was meant to lead us into thinking she gets swapped.

"Your big country ass is climbing a palm tree in the middle of Africa, you realize that, don’t you?" -- Clarence / S3

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-01, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "I love swedish fish!"
Sanchman, welcome! You throw yet another theory in, and I LIKE it, I really really LIKE it! Btw, the red swedish fish are the best!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •