The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-06, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Looks around. Checks to see if anyone else has done this. Nope? Here it is then. Post your rankings here.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women Fi... niteowl 02-22-06 1
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... FFantasyFX 02-22-06 2
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... geekboy 02-22-06 3
   Same here Angelfood 02-22-06 11
       RE: Same here geekboy 02-22-06 13
   RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Tahj 02-22-06 15
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... mrc 02-22-06 4
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Maroonclown 02-22-06 5
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Breezy 02-22-06 6
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Glow 02-22-06 7
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... emydi 02-22-06 8
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... jags 02-22-06 9
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... nailbone 02-22-06 10
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... PhoenixMons 02-22-06 12
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Devious Weasel 02-22-06 14
   RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... geekboy 02-22-06 17
       RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Tahj 02-22-06 20
           RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... nailbone 02-22-06 23
               RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Breezy 02-22-06 24
                   RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... nailbone 02-22-06 27
           RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... jags 02-24-06 31
       RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Devious Weasel 02-22-06 25
   RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... emydi 02-22-06 18
   RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... geg6 02-22-06 22
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Chez 02-22-06 16
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... CattyChat 02-22-06 19
   RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Mr Canuck 02-22-06 29
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... soldiersmom 02-22-06 21
   RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Devious Weasel 02-22-06 26
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... xwraith27 02-22-06 28
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... SherpaDave 02-24-06 30
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... amazon24 02-26-06 32
   RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Kattrikk 02-26-06 33
 RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Wome... Rhyn 02-26-06 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-22-06, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
1: Katherine McPhee -really likeable, great voice

2: Ayla Brown - great voice, looking forward to different song choices

3: Paris Bennett - cute, (although she's too "Fantais-ish" for me)

4: Lisa Tucker- talented and cute, but meh....

5: Melissa McGhee - like her voice, but the rest is 'yawn'

6: Mandisa - I think she'll be around awhile, but I don't really care.
*I can barely remember anyone else except:
12: BRENNA: PLEASE GET RID OF HER SOON, THE ATTITUDE IS SO ANNOYING, THE POSING IS SICKENING AND SHE SUCKED TONIGHT.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-22-06, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Rankings:

1.) Mandisa
1.) Lisa Tucker
3.) Paris Bennett
3.) Katharine McPhee
5.) Becky O'Donohue
6.) Kelly Pickler
6.) Ayla Brown
6.) Melissa McGhee
6.) Kinnick Sky
10.) Heather Cox
10.) Brenna Gethers
12.) Stevie Scott

While none of them had a jaw-dropping performance (contrary to what Paula would have you believe), the top four all distinguished themselves enough in week one that they should end up in the female Top Six. The next five showed some potential, but had some drawbacks as well. I'm ready to see the final three already head out the door on Thursday.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-22-06, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Pretty simple, very few surprises.

I expected to be impressed by Paris and Lisa, and I was.

The only two happy surprises were Mandisa and Katherine.

My rankings:

1) Mandisa - WOW, you rocked it out. Reminds me of Nadia's debut
2) Katherine - took a dull song and added some life to it
3) Lisa Tucker - Very well done.
4) Paris - Great voice, but you kind of overdid the 'bobo' as Fantasia would say
-----
All others here, average to poor

geekboy

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-22-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Same here"
My thoughts are exactly SAME as geekboy's.

1. Mandisa
2. Katherine
3. Lisa
4. Paris
5. Kelly Pickler
rest: don't care

Why haven't you signed up for my game yet???

02-22-06, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Same here"
Disclaimer: I know absolutely NOTHING about music, pitch, etc....

I thought Kelly Pickler was singing off key almost the entire song. I thought it was one of the worst performances of last night. I thought she would have done better.

geekboy

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-22-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-06 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

took a dull song and added some life to it

*Boggle*

"Since I Fell For You" is one of the greatest songs ever. Have you heard Bonnie Raitt do it?

ETA:...and I really didn't think Katherine did all that good a job with it.

Moves courtesy of Syren

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
The Good.

1. Katharine McPhee (Wow. Didn't see that coming.)
2. Lisa Tucker (Very, very good)
3. Mandisa (Great energy)
4. Paris Bennett (Agree re the bobo)
5. Ayla Brown (Better than I expected)
6. Kelly Pickler (Love her story and hope she improves; combo of Kelly and Carrie)

The Bad.

7. Kinnick Sky (Should have been better)
8. Becky O'Donohue (Don't like her personality--too Barbie doll)
9. Brenna Gethers (Don't like her being fake--if you're gonna be obnoxious, at least be consistent)

The Ugly.
10. Melissa McGhee
11. Heather Cox
12. Stevie Scott

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-06 AT 09:07 AM (EST)

Paris and Lisa did it for me.

As for the others, someone has to tell them to stop squatting with their legs apart. Looks like they are trying to squeeze out a little present for the judges *ifyouknowwhatimean*

Rolly Sig Shop

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
1. Katharine McPhee
2. Lisa Tucker
3. Ayla Brown
4. Paris Bennett
5. Kelly Pickler
6. Mandisa
7. Kinnick Sky
8. Becky O'Donohue
9. Brenna Gethers
10. Melissa McGhee
11. Heather Cox
12. Stevie Scott

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-06 AT 09:20 AM (EST)

1.) Lisa Tucker
2.) Mandisa
3.) Paris Bennett
4.) Ayla Brown
5.) Katharine McPhee
6.) Kelly Pickler
7.) Melissa McGhee
8.) Kinnick Sky
9.) Becky O'Donohue (to be fair, I don't remember her but I do remember that I ranked the last three at the bottom)
10.) Stevie Scott
11.) Brenna Gethers
12.) Heather Cox

I think most of them will be interchangeable. I am having a hard time deciding who I think the final six should be but I had no problems deciding who should be the first two to go.

ETA: Okay, I just read the other thread and I remember Becky now. She's pretty but obviously forgettable. (to me, of course)

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Ok I didn't read anyone else's rankings before writing this, I'll be curious to see how my reactions compare to others when I read the others after I post.

WOW

1. Paris-for me, by far THE best performance of the night. It was weird, she looked like Gladys Knight with her hair and sounded like her to a degree, but she made the song her own (which is very hard to do with that song, imho). She's def. making the final 12 and I think she will still be singing for us in May.

2. Lisa Tucker-ok, I have to admit I was amazed. I was sort of sick of her bc they kept showing her in ads in the early rounds, but boy can she sing!! She also will make the finals and will def. get a contract

3. Mandeca (sp?)- I loved this performance. She threw down the gauntlet for the others (men included). I agree with Simon she will go very far and I really like her

Good

4. Katherine-maybe its bc I didn't like the song choice and I'm not trained in music, but I was surprised when Simon said it was the best vocal...it very well may have been, but not the best performance for me. She will make the final 12 but how far she will go after that, I'm not sure yet.

5. Kinnik-I agree she doesn't have the "it" factor that the younger women Paris and Lisa but she was very good and she has such an elegance about her. I like her. I hope she continues on to the final 12.

OK, on the fence whether they make Final 12

6. Ayla-Ok she was the one that most impressed me. I remember her from the early rounds and agreed with Simon about her being robotic. She has to continue to sing the way she did last nite...whether she makes the final 12...we'll see in the next 2 weeks, but I have no doubt (eek) that she'll make it thru this week.

7. Melissa-Ok, I liked the fact that she said that she has never been shown singing on the show...sort of told America, Hey listen to me! She was good and I think her and Ayla do not stick out very much...they may compete for that last final 6 spot with each other and...

8. Kelly-I thought the song choice was ok, but I'm not a country fan and she does not have the same Carrie Underwood appeal, but she does have a humbleness to her and she is very pretty. Whether the voters that voted for Carrie will put her through is the question.

gotta bring it next week

9. Brenna-OK what was she thinking with this blah song!! Simon was right--get the claws out. I think she will get through this week but next week she has to bring it, America (i hope) will not put her thru just for her poses! She reminds me of Mikalah(?) from last year.

10. Becky-oy vey--was bad and I think she just goes through because she is gorgeous and the boys will vote for her for that reason..however, I doubt she will make it past next week, she just cannot sing and perform as well as the other women.

HORRIBLE

11. Heather-what the heck, that song choice was atrocious and she sang it horribly ick. she better go this week

12. Stevie-omh that was just pitiful...she is no Josh Groban and will never be, please America put me out of my misery...

If Heather and Stevie do not go, this country is more messed up than I think

Handcrafted by RollDdice

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
1. Katharine McPhee
2. Lisa Tucker
2. Paris Bennett
4. Mandisa
5. Ayla Brown
6. Kinnick Sky
7. Kellie Pickler
8. Becky O'Donohue
9. Brenna Gethers
10. Melissa McGhee
11. Stevie Scott
12. Heather Cox
Any of the last three should be gone.

jags

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
1. Paris - gave me goosebumps!!!
2. Lisa Tucker
3. Mandisa

4-11. the rest
12. Brenna - take your attitude and go home! You're NOT THAT GOOD!

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-22-06, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-06 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

I missed the first three performances and only saw bits and pieces of two others, but I am pretty sure of my rankings based upon the snippets I did see.

1. Paris - I knew I loved everything about this girl the first time I saw her. She has an amazing talent - she's a great performer, show's great understanding of what she's singing about, and is extremely versatile (probably the most versatile of the bunch). And to top it all off, she's stinking adorable and seems like she's got a great head on her shoulders. What's not to love (me, I like the 'bobo' - always liked Fantasia's bobo, too. It's very representative of the style of music/performance).

2. Katherine - Man, that girl can blow. I had no idea just how polished she was! A lot of times, when you've got that classical training, you can't get yourself out of that mold, but Katherine showed that she's very capable of working with a variety of genres. She "worked it out" as Randy would say.

3. Mandisa - From last night's clips and based upon her history, I'm giving her this spot. She was great in the clip I saw of her from last night. She reminds me of Jennifer Husdon in that she's got this big powerful voice and she works the stage/song very much the same way Jennifer did (Jennifer is in my top 3 fave idols of all, btw). And she's got a great personality to boot (Mandisa means "sweet" in Xhosa (South Africa), so her name is very fitting).

4. Lisa - I was very impressed with her audition in the initial rounds, but noticed several others in Hollywood who outshined her. She proved that she's got a lot of potential (she had a few trouble spots in her performance, but nothing major) and I'm glad she was more like the Lisa of the initial auditions (I know the judges went gaga over her in Hollywood, but at the time - even though she was in my top 3 for the girls - I thought they were too kind).

BIG DROP

5. Ayla - She's got a nice voice. She was boring, but she sounded great.

6. Kinnik - She has an amazing voice. She's definitely got the potential to be in the top 6, but she needs to figure out what songs she should be singing (and how to show off her talent more).

ANOTHER BIG DROP

7. Almost Everyone Else - I don't remember them or their performances. They were either boring, made poor song choices, or were just not good (or all three).

12. Stevie - I thought Stevie would be pretty good after the first couple of notes. Then, after a few more notes (when it became clear that she would be doing the entire song in falsetto) I realized I was completely wrong. There aren't many people who can sound "right" singing a song entirely in falsetto (Aaliyah is the only one I can think of off the top of my head) and this chick is definitely not one of them. She definitely showed that she has potential (some really nice parts in there), but no one will remember the nice stuff when you put us to sleep two seconds later. Completely boring and it was a horrible choice to do the whole song in falsetto. It was all wrong.

My faves before tonight (of the girls) were Paris, Mandisa, and Lisa (in that order). I knew Katherine had a good voice, but she blew me away tonight. It was technically the best vocal of the night for sure. Not the best performance, but the best vocal. Paris, to me, is the whole package. She's like Fantasia part deux in that she knows exactly what she's doing, she picks the right songs, she gets to know her songs and is great at conveying that to the audience (a la Fantasia's Summertime). She's got it all and at only 17.

I'm excited for the boys tonight. I can't wait to hear Chris and Taylor (and I think Sway will surprise a lot of people tonight - he's got a lot of talent in there but needs to work on overdoing it). I also can't wait to hear from the boys I haven't seen/heard yet (about half of them)!

Got blog?

02-22-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Top Tier - Katherine (loved the "my butt is huge" comment), Paris (I so do not see the comparison to Fantasia), Lisa (I was hoping that when Ryan asked her how she could not be nervous she would say that it was because of all her performances in the LA company of Lion King), Mandisa (great voice, but her look is going to let her down)

Tier Two - Ayla, Melissa, Kellie, Kinik

Tier Get The Hell Out Of Here Now! - Heather (horrible song choice - absolutely horrible), Stevie (ditto), Breanna (quit mugging for the camera - quit it!), Becky (I never thought I would fast forward through someone singing a Bruce/Patti Smith song)

Should Go: Heather, Stevie
Will Go: Heather, Stevie

I will say, though, that I won't be upset if Breanna went in this spot - she's nothing but attitude.

The top six women should be Katherine, Paris, Lisa, Mandisa, Ayla with Melissa, Kellie, or Kinik fighting for the final spot. Breanna, Becky, Heather, and Stevie have no business even getting close to the top six.

02-22-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
And I quote:

> great voice, but her look is going to let her down

What exactly do you mean? her "size"?

geekboy

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-22-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
I don't think her look will let her down. Reuben's look didn't let him down.

Moves courtesy of Syren

02-22-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Ruben wasn't female.

It ain't right, but it is what it is.

Sig by Cyg

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
and where is Ruben now?

02-22-06, 04:06 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Evidently, from what someone in a "Kelly Clarkson" thread said, all over the R&B/Urban charts.

Sig by Cyg

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
But Rueben had no competition when he was in the competition. There are honestly six people that could win this competition and the people not be wrong.
Jags

02-22-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Partly, but more a general all around "hotness" factor that seems to be more important for the female contestants than for the male. The same "hotness" factor that might allow Becky to sneak into the top 12 over far more deserving singers. As Boner says, it ain't right, but it is what it is.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
I agree with your top 6 analysis dweeze--Kelly may take it bc of her story and country and I think Ayla and Kinnik will fight for 5th spot.

Ayla--I keep thinking Eva Brown.....

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
The weasel is wise.

I agree with everything you said and couldn't have said it better.

Except...

I totally see the Paris/Fantasia thing. Of course, though I can see they both have talent, I don't like either one. I like Paris a lot better than I ever did Fantasia (too horrible for words, IMHO). But I can't figure out why she's even on this show. She could be a star without the crappy J Records contract with her connections.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-22-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
1. Katharine McPhee
2. Lisa Tucker
3. Mandisa
4. Paris Bennett
5. Ayla Brown
6. Melissa McGhee
7. Kinnick Sky
8. and 9. Kelly Pickler and Heather Cox (interchangeable in my mind)
10. Becky O'Donohue
11. Brenna Gethers - can't stand her attitude
12. Stevie Scott

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-22-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
I was surprised how pitchy most of the gals were last night. Some, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was nerves, but there are a couple in the 12 that I just don't get why the judges let them into the top 12. I am beginning to think they assume the voting public are morons, so they throw in some bad singers for us to vote out, sort of protecting the Judges' faves. Just a thought -- one of my "Idol" conspiracies.

My fave Four --
1 -- KATHARINE MCPHEE WOW. She did not disappoint. Great voice and a sweet personality.

2 -- Lisa Tucker Love her voice. Great potential, just needs more personality to shine through.

3 -- Kellie Pickler I think her nerves got to her last night. I'm not a country fan, but she has a great voice & I think she could do well with more experience.

4 -- Paris Bennett I thought she was pitchy & her bouncing around affected her vocals, but her personality is a plus. The judges said it -- total package. Between her grandmother & mother grooming her, obviously, her whole life she is beyond AI and shouldn't need this as a vehicle to a career. If she didn't seem like such a little sweetheart, I would wish her to be gone to make room for contestants without any connections to the industry. I really like her though. Thank HEAVENS she's not a little diva.

Still rooting for --
5 -- Ayla Brown Pretty good performance, really good voice.

6 -- Kinnik Sky Simon hit the nail on the head -- she did well, but these young stars are outshining her. I think she has a great voice.

7 -- Mandisa I loved her performance. Her personality just makes you smile. HOWEVER, I thought she was really pitchy & thought it was a bad song choice for her. I still love her & look forward to what she does next week.

8 - Melissa McGhee She has a good voice. I wish I saw some of her during the auditions & Hollywood week to get more of a sense of her. I'd like to see her make it at least one more week.

9 -- Stevie Scott I was really disappointed by her performance. She really seemed to be holding back. She was one of my early faves & I was looking forward to seeing her infuse her operatic training into mainstream. I hope she gets another chance to shine. I would like to see her as the female Josh Groban.

WHAT WERE THE JUDGE'S THINKING???

This is tough. Who did I dislike the most last night?

10 -- Heather Cox Meh.

11 -- Becky O'Donahue Yes, she is beautiful, BUT.SHE.CAN'T.SING. I guess with Britney having babies, there is room for a Becky in the music industry -- if she can dance, get her on stage with minimal clothing and let her lipsych & gyrate to her "digitally enhanced" vocals.

12 -- Brenna Gethers Sorry, I am not amused by her banter with Simon. WEAK singer. I wish they would just let talent into the top 24, rather than "drama" & supposed "good tv" This is a talent competition!!!!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-22-06, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Canuck Click to send private message to Mr%20Canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
I sorta agree on your conspiracy theory. It seems to me that at least 5 of them could be scratched right from the get go. But hey! they need the ratings to be sustained for more that a month.

My picks (who did well last night).

1- Lisa Tucker : I think Lisa really brought it last night
2- Katharine McPhee : A really nice way to end the soirée...with a Bang!
3- Mandisa : I thought she did really well last night but I have my doubts as to how long she will be able to stay
4- Paris Bennett : She did okay... but I agree with you when you say she bounces too much! But hey... she's only 17
5,6,7,8- Ayla Brown, Kinnik Sky, Melissa McGhee, Heather Cox : I give them the very creative qualifier..."MEH!"...so there
9- Kellie "Carriebot v2.0" Pickler : Do we really have to go through that another season?
10- Brenna Gethers : There for the Sh!t disturber factor
11- Becky O'Donohue : Hmmmm Eye Candy...nothing more
12- Stevie Scott : Holy carp! What was that. Don't misunderstand me I really like opera but this song or whatever she was trying to do was not a healthy mix. Have to agree with Simon...trouble coming her way.

Now who to get rid of?

I would eliminate Heather Cox, Brenna Gethers, Kinnik Sky, Stevie Scott and Becky O'Donohue right from the get go. Save me some time and that way I don't really have learn too many names.

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

soldiersmom 126 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail soldiersmom Click to send private message to soldiersmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
First I think that they were all good. There wasnt anyone that was like - dang how's she get on the show. There are just some that are so much better. I'm not sure that I can put them in numbers yet - just kinda some comments.

I think Becky, Heather, Brenna, and Stevie are out of their league and 2 of them will probably go home tonight.

I think that the beloved Kellie will get a few rounds - but if she can not control her nerves then her story will only get her so far.

Ayla, Melissa, Kinnick, and Catherine all have great voices - but they need to work on their stage presence. There were boring to me - close your eyes and wow - open them meh.

I am probably the only one that thinks this but, my problem with Lisa and Paris is that they seam "coached" to much and not natural. No doubt they will make top 6 but I dont know they seem kinda "created". (Its hard to put into words what I mean)

That leaves Mandisa who has an amazing voice - but I'm afraid she will fall to the side like Jennifer Hudson. Which might not be all that bad as she is a huge broadway star now.

02-22-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
I think I know what you are saying about Lisa and Paris - here is some of Lisa's bio that we haven't seen on the show:

Lisa was the original "Young Nala" in Disney's LA production of "The Lion King." At 13, she competed in the Star Search Junior Division. She also was a two-time winner on Ed McMahon’s TV show, "Next Big Star."

She isn't some unknown from out of nowhere like Kellie Pickler, she is an accomplished performer with experience in competitions like Idol. No wonder she shows no sign of nervousness - this probably isn't even the biggest gig of her life, at least not yet at this stage of the competition.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-22-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-06 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

1. Mandisa Hundley
2. Paris Bennett
3. Katherine McPhee
4. Lisa Tucker
5. Ayla Brown
6. Kellie Pickler

---Big Gap---

7. Kinnik Sky
8. Melissa McGhee
9. Becky O'Donoghue

---Big Gap---

10. Brenna Gethers
11. Heather Cox
12. Stevie Scott

I just can't help but notice the similarities among this batch of female contestants and some past contestants: Mandisa, Paris, and Lisa are my choices for the Jennifer, Fantasia, and La Toya of the season (the beautiful African-American divas). Kellie is, of course, Carrie. Brenna is Mikalah, and Becky is Amanda Avila. Kinnik somehow reminds me of both Vonzell and Aloha Mischeaux.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
1. Katharine - I really like this girl. She made a tough song sound very, very easy. She's effortless and has a certain charm. She's pretty, but not too pretty. Yeah, I like her.
2. Lisa - I don't understand how she can be only 16. Wow.
3. Paris - Ditto. I expected her to be my number one, based on what little of the show I saw before this week. And she was great, but I thought Katharine and Lisa were a bit better.
4. Mandisa - She's already making a living in the biz and it shows. Very talented woman.
5. Kinnik - Significant drop from Mandisa, but still better than:
6-10. Ayla, Becky, Heather, Kellie, Melissa - completely interchangeable.
11. Brenna - I don't mind her attitude. The posing, on the other hand... this was a poor performance, though, and she's lucky she's still around. I wanna see what she can really do.
12. Stevie - Wow, was that a HUGE mistake. I was stunned that an operatically trained performer did that to a song. Off-key, breathy, unsupported... what the fvck?!

amazon24 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-26-06, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amazon24 Click to send private message to amazon24 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
Katherine- This girl is baaaad! Period.

Mandisa- Represent!!! She rocked and she knows it. The girl is beautiful. Very classy.

Paris- I like her, but she got on my nerves. Her hair sucked. She did way too much jumping around and should have sang a different song to really show her voice. I initially said she did not need "Idol" for a record deal because of her family. However, neither of Ann Nesby's solo releases did all that great. Also, "Sounds of Blackness" is a gospel group (not a very popular one I might add.) There is no money in gospel music for real. I can't knock her for trying to go where the money is. Nevertheless, if she wins, there will probably be a gospel album coming from her. Just like Ruben. I just hope she does not continue to be outlandish with her performances or she may lose her likability. IMO..of course.

Lisa- I like her, too. She's cute and can sing, but she reminds me of Diana Degarmo. I say this because, to me, Diana came out like a firecracker. She wowed me with her strong voice, but after while I got bored with her. I don't think she offered Fantasia any competition, she was just cute with a big voice. I realize it took her far, but I think I will start to feel the same way about Lisa. There's just nothing special about her. She's just cute with a strong voice. That's what I think about that.

Kelly Pickler- She sang one of my favorite Martina McBride tunes. I think she did better at the beginning. She cracked a little at the second "How far...", but I would like to see more of her.

Ayla- She's good. Just boring.

Brenna- Break out the machette (sp?) Why wasn't this chick cut in the Hollywood auditions. I do not like her attitude. This girl can't even sing. I think they just needed someone to create drama on the show.

Kinnick-Schminnick Not impressed.

Melissa & Heather- Who cares...

Becky and Stevie- Holla back, Girls!!!

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-26-06, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
I agree with your comments about Paris. There is no doubt that she is talented, but IMO, when you really have the IT factor, you don't need the antics.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-26-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Rankings Thread, 02/21/06 (Women First Round)"
The best, for me, were Katharine, Lisa, Paris and Ayla. I liked all of their performances a whole lot, and I would be hard pressed to say who was the best of this bunch (but Katharine would probably get my affirmation, if choosing a favorite -- for some silly reason or another -- was a matter of life and death).

The middle of the pack was Mandisa, Kellie, and Melissa. Nothing really spectacular, but I loved the song Mandisa chose. I like this large stage-presence rocking out a bit. That was cool. Melissa and Kellie bore me, endlessly, but they weren't bad technically.

The not so great contestants would be Stevie Scott (who I think really does have some talent), Brenna (who is only in the final 24 because of attitude, not talent), Becky (who said her song rather than singing it), Kinnik (who was a little affected for my tastes), and Heather (who flat out shouldn't be in the semi-finals).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •