The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Assuming the swap 3 theory"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-01, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Assuming the swap 3 theory"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-01 AT 07:41 PM (EST)

The theory that seems the most logical to me is that they will have to swap three members at the next reward challenge. Perhaps the winner of the RC will get to take 3 "prisoners" from the other team and will choose which of their own team members must go. The swapped members will bring food or water with them.

This raises all kinds of possible scenarios. The strategizing will have to take place between the receipt of the tree mail and the challenge. The obvious strategy for the winning team is to take three strong people from the other team, so:

Samburu would choose Lex, Ethan and Clarence
Boran would choose Silas, Frank and ??

Lindsey and Kim were chosen to do the heavy lifting, but they may want Brandon since they seem to think men have more to offer. I'd lean towards them picking Lindsey, who is a fierce competitor.

Whover wins gets to have the strongest team and should win the next IC if it is physical, which makes me think that MB will choose a mental challenge just to mess with them.

Boran probably has no idea how bad the split is at Samburu. During their stragegizing session prior to the RC they won't know that Linda was voted off. They will assume that whoever comes to their camp will stick together (as they may do), so if the "New Boran" loses the IC there will be a tie vote at TC.

Samburu will know that Frank and Teresa will immediately align with whatever Borans end up on their team. I can't see this group ever deciding on who should go and who should stay.

So, what are your opinions? If this scenario is true, who would each team pick, and why? I need to think more about this before I post any more.

S2D

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Assuming the swap 3 theory FFantasyFX 11-03-01 1
   RE: Assuming the swap 3 theory anotherkim 11-03-01 2
 Swap 3 Theory solves water problem. Krautboy 11-03-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-03-01, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Assuming the swap 3 theory"
When I first saw the teasers for Episode 5, the swap three theory was the first thing that I thought of myself, although I didn't think that the tribes would have any control over it themselves (some other more balanced mechanism for choosing would have to be involved, darn if I know what). However, it would raise some interesting possibilites if the winner of the reward challenge actually got to pick what tribe members got swapped to their side.

I'm positive that Boran would pick Frank and Silas to come over, but who else? Maybe Lindsey, perhaps Kim P (can't imagine them wanting Brandon or Theresa). What I'm more interested in is who they would expluse. There seems to be a 3-3 split brewing at Boran with Clarence, Kim J., and Kelly seemingly pitted against Ethan, Lex, and Tom. Would these two factions amicably decide to go their seperate ways, or would some be pulled from either side? Boran hasn't exploded yet due to the fact they've won the last two IC's. This could light a powderkeg over at their camp.

As for Samburu, the Gen. Xers will now be faced with how short-sighted their strategy really was. If they manage to win the reward challenge, their best bet is to send Teresa and Frank and a sacrificial lamb over to Boran. Who would the sacrificial lamb be? Their best bet would be Silas or Lindsey, due to the previous votes, but I'm sure they would chafe at that.

Hmmm . . . perhaps each side will only be allowed to choose which three will get expulsed, or which three will be taken. That would change the strategizing a bit in itself.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-01, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Assuming the swap 3 theory"
I don't think you can assume that Kim J is aligned with Kelly and Clarence--that would be Tom. Kim J and Ethan seem to be pretty tight.

And no one in their right mind would CHOOSE Brandon to be on their team, male chauvenist or not. He provides next to no physical expertise and they have to have seen that thus far. There was a reason Lindsey was carrying that house.

Kim

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-03-01, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Swap 3 Theory solves water problem."
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-01 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

Swapping 3 tribe members (half of each tribe) allows MB to solve the water problem at the same time he breaks up the alliances.

I can hear Jeff explaining that half the Boran tribe will switch camps, and they will be allowed to take their "half" of the water with them. This solves the Samburu water problem and makes it fair for whomever has to switch camps.

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •