The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Brokenote Mountain"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

jer 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-15-06, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jer Click to send private message to jer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Brokenote Mountain"
I could not believe that the producers of this show would allow this to take place. I'm from Wyoming and already feel like you have mocked Garrette and the rest of our state from the beginning. You made it look as though we are all a bunch of hillbilly hicks out here. He is definatly not the "norm". He probably didn't have any idea what you were trying to do. You've taken advantage of a niave young man. There was no intentions of moving him on, they just wanted to use him for entertainment only. All I can say is SHAME ON YOU AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to get a boycott throughout the state of American Idol
Jer

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Brokenote Mountain Panama 02-16-06 1
 RE: "Brokenote Mountain Coconut 02-16-06 2
   RE: "Brokenote Mountain prosecutor 02-16-06 3
       Clarification Angelfood 02-16-06 5
       Another clarification Coconut 02-16-06 8
 RE: "Brokenote Mountain thecrossbowkid 02-16-06 4
   RE: "Brokenote Mountain volsfan 02-19-06 9
       RE: "Brokenote Mountain thecrossbowkid 02-22-06 12
 RE: "Brokenote Mountain batts 02-16-06 6
   RE: "Brokenote Mountain batts 02-16-06 7
 RE: "Brokenote Mountain Yukfoo 02-20-06 10
   WARNING Bebo 02-20-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Panama 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-16-06, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Panama Click to send private message to Panama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Brokenote Mountain"
>I could not believe that the
>producers of this show would
>allow this to take place.
> I'm from Wyoming and
>already feel like you have
>mocked Garrette and the rest
>of our state from the
>beginning. You made it
>look as though we are
>all a bunch of hillbilly
>hicks out here. He
>is definatly not the "norm".
> He probably didn't have
>any idea what you were
>trying to do. You've
>taken advantage of a niave
>young man. There was no
>intentions of moving him on,
>they just wanted to
>use him for entertainment only.
> All I can say
>is SHAME ON YOU AMERICAN
>IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
>Trying to get a boycott throughout
>the state of American Idol
>
>Jer

I'm not from Wyoming, but my brother is. I love the state. I also loved Garrette. He was really a breath of fresh air. Especially considering all the egos that showed up this season. I thought the friendship that he formed with the other two gentlemen spoke alot about not only him, but the other two as well. In fact I told my daughter that more people should adopt there view on things. Instead of trashing one another, encourage each other.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Brokenote Mountain"

Er, you couldn't believe the producers would allow it? We are talking about FOX network here. If they could have mocked him more, they would have.

I'm sure that anyone with half a brain will realize exactly what you did: that they took advantage of a naive kid and that not every resident of Wyoming is like that. Anyone who stereotypes your state based on an American Idol show has not got even half a brain.

Actually, I'm not sure Midget Cowboy has half a brain either, but maybe I'm a cynic.

Coconut: Taking the grammer police to a whole new level.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-16-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Brokenote Mountain"
Jer. I disagree with you. I for one don't think the
producers took advantage of him.This was a wonderful
side of Simon C. giving him a chance to live out his dream
and as far as I am concerned he lived out one of his dreams
he got to go on an airplane and go to hollywood at that.
I was proud of Simon then and I am proud of AI producers
focusing on his short journey, we all knew he would not
be the winner but many of us had tears in our eyes and felt
that Simon C. letting him through to Hollywood made him feel
like a winner. No Jer we are not laughing at him we are laughing with him, crying with him and just happy for him.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-16-06, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Clarification"
um, I believe that her post is specifically in reference ONLY to the whole "brokenote" segment they did on him & the other cowboys, where they played the music while staying on long shots of him hugging the other cowboys & crying, thus trying to make teasing implications or parodying him or the movie. IDOL thinks they are being funny that way, when really, almost all their "making fun of" is mean and/or hurtful and/or offensive and/or just in bad taste.

Why would they air Simon's after-audition comments, that he did not intend to air? Why do they spend so much time on the emotionally vulnerable & mentally unstable?

If it's low, FOX will do it.

THat's what many posts on this forum complain about. But, we still watch.

this is NOT about sending him thru or his journey.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Another clarification"
No Jer we are not laughing at him we are laughing with him, crying with him and just happy for him.

Actually, I am laughing at him. Call it my inner misanthrope exerting herself.

Coconut: Taking the mockery of naive cowboys to a whole new level.

thecrossbowkid 40 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecrossbowkid Click to send private message to thecrossbowkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Brokenote Mountain"
Those guys were really crappy singers and their "Do wah ditty ditty dum ditty dee" routine blew royally. HOWEVER:

The "Brokenote Mountain" sequence was breathtakingly tasteless and unfunny. It is typical of elitist left coast snob editors to portray the "flyover" "red state" residents as ignorant hayseeds and to mock any AMERICAN subculture which is not their own.

Offensive on so many levels.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Brokenote Mountain"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-06 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

kid, what did you find so "offensive on so many levels"? Did you see the movie Brokeback Mountain? My guess is no...

thecrossbowkid 40 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecrossbowkid Click to send private message to thecrossbowkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: "Brokenote Mountain"
No I did not see it, but I will eventually. I meant the "Brokenote Mountain" sequence on AI was offensive to our collective intelligence. not the movie, which I am sure is alot better than AI.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-16-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "Brokenote Mountain"
there were no intentions of moving him on...

You're probably right... However..... the alternative was to send him home early, his personal hopes dashed, and without our being blessed with seeing this sweetheart of a guy, run out in the ocean and swim around with his blue jeans, cowboy hat, denim jacket and chaps on.....

you've taken advantage of a naive young man...

Ok... so he was exploited..... he got to go to Hollywood, which is something not everyone gets to do. He had fun, made friends, captured Americas heart, and experienced brief fame! I'm glad he was so taken advantage of......

As for the entertainment part, what do you think talent shows ARE? Why do you think people watch this show? To be informed? Maybe you should tune in to the news.... or the weather channel.

Mocked your state? How? He coulda just as easily been from New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, or anywhere.
you made it look as though we are a bunch of hillbilly hicks out here...
When someone from Hawaii, wears a flower in their hair, and they are shown on T.V. .... is it mocking them? If someone from California is shown with a surfboard in hand, is it mocking them? Are all Alaskans 'Eskimos'? No...No...No I don't understand how you think the producers have 'mocked' your state.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-16-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "Brokenote Mountain"
AAAAAnd.... if I'm not mistaken.... it almost sounds like you are ashamed this kid represented your state. I woulda been proud if he had been from my state.

Yukfoo 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-20-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yukfoo Click to send private message to Yukfoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: "Brokenote Mountain"
Are you all kidding me?? I laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself. I still laugh just thinking about the crying midget hugging the tall gay guy and his head only coming up to his chest. That's funny TV no matter what you bleeding hearts say.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "WARNING"
Our community guidelines clearly prohibit the bashing of other posters. We encourage opposing viewpoints as long as posters can do so without calling other posters names.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •