The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-14-06, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread until after 11:00 PM EST, for the benefit of those in other time zones who might want to be surprised by the outcome.

So, why am I starting this thread so early, nearly 3 hours before the start of the show? Well, I wasn't sure I would be in front of the computer by the start time. Happy Valentine's Day, folks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Happy VD everyone! volsfan 02-14-06 1
   RE: Happy VD everyone! Fishercat 02-14-06 2
       RE: Happy VD everyone! batts 02-14-06 3
       RE: Happy VD everyone! geekboy 02-14-06 5
           RE: Happy VD everyone! greeneyes 02-15-06 15
 RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... batts 02-14-06 4
 RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... aquariaqueen 02-14-06 6
 RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... batts 02-14-06 7
   RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... Tahj 02-15-06 12
       RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... batts 02-15-06 16
 RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... Breezy 02-15-06 8
   oh and... Brokenote Mountain Breezy 02-15-06 9
       RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain nazpink 02-15-06 10
           RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain nailbone 02-15-06 11
               RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain mistyrose52 02-15-06 13
           RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain prosecutor 02-15-06 14
           RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain xwraith27 02-15-06 21
 RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... ropefish_3 02-15-06 17
 RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... bob_chester 02-15-06 18
   RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... geekboy 02-15-06 19
   RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East... xwraith27 02-15-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Happy VD everyone!"
Broketone Mountain...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-14-06, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Happy VD everyone!"
Well, there goes one of the fan favorites, the cowboy.

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-14-06, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Happy VD everyone!"
I was actually surprised he got this far. "Broketone Mountain"? LOL

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-14-06, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Happy VD everyone!"
I think Garrett suffered from a couple things

1 - a bad grouping of contestants
2 - terrible song choice for the grout
3 - bad approach by the group

Simon was right on. They deserved to be cut after that performance. But Garrett was right too - he really wasn't quite ready for this, but i'm glad he made it to Hollywood. I hope to see him back in a year or two.

geekboy

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-15-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Happy VD everyone!"
Couldn't agree with you more. Garrett is just adorable, and I liked the other guys in his group too. You could tell they were well liked by the other contestants also. But they all just got way to nervous, and made a very bad song choice. I hope they all give it another try next year.

02-14-06, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Wow! We saw some new talent! (or at least I did) Where did
Josh Jordan 21
David Radford 17 and
William Makar 16 come from?
These guys had some voices. I must have missed their first auditions, but these guys are GREAT!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-14-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Get rid of the twins.....hissy, hissy, hissy.

02-14-06, 10:39 PM (EST)
7. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I can't believe they let the Derrell/Terrell twins through. I was really hoping they would both be cut. Thats okay.... tomorro night (Wednesday), there will be more cuts..... please let them be 2 we will never see again.

One of my favorites, Jason Horn, was barely shown. He's the funeral director guy, that has the best singing voice of all the guys. IMHO

I'm glad Paris Bennet, Lisa Tucker, Katherine McPhee and Mandisa Hundley got through. Those are my 4 favorite girls.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-15-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
One of my favorites, Jason Horn, was barely shown. He's the funeral director guy, that has the best singing voice of all the guys. IMHO

Batts, did he make the cut? I couldn't tell last night.

Moves courtesy of Syren

02-15-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I really think I saw him in else room 2, or was it room 4? OMGosh, I hope he made it through..... now you got me wondering. He was hardly even shown. I caught 1 second glimpses of him a couple of times during last nights show. I know for sure he wasn't in room 1 (which was eliminated).

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
If either of the Britton twins make it further, I will throw my own hissy fit and not watch this show ever again.

OK, fine I'll still watch... but I will boo and hiss the whole time they are on the screen and then power vote anyone else just to get them gone.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "oh and... Brokenote Mountain"
was hilarious!

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-15-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain"
First off I'm still confused as to why the Brittnum brothers are in the competition after all the reports of them being uninvited due to their run in with the law. Second, even without the run in with the law I'm still confused as to what makes them special enough to stay. Their voices aren't bad but no where near what they were during their audition. And what about their bad attitude, that alone would make me come up with any reason not to have them continue on. I did think it was pretty comical that the brother withdrew himself from the competition because he thought his brother was ousted only to find out that his brother was through to the next round, priceless. Would have been more priceless if he wasn't allowed to come back. I'm guessing that the producers are figuring in that all their b!tchy acting brings good t.v.? so why not keep them around a little longer. Personally, I think they should get off their high horses and realize that they are no more special than anyone else there and if they were they wouldn't need American Idol to try and get a record deal.

It was a little sad to see Lil' Ol' Cowboy go but he just wasn't ready and he knew it.

As far as everyone else, well I have my favorites but it's so hard to keep track of them until they are all chosen, so I will wait to comment on them until then.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain"
I'm guessing that the producers are figuring in that all their b!tchy acting brings good t.v.?

Bingo.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-15-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain"
Yep, loved that little segment of "Brokenote Mountain". And have to agree, terrible song choice for those guys! Can't imagine what else they could have done with 'Do Wa Ditty Ditty'. Oh well. Tough break.

As for the twins-they should have left them hanging in their own nooses! The nerve of that 2nd brother, pretty much telling AI to shove it, he doesn't need them. BUT way funny when he had to back peddle! I can tell you one thing-they will NOT be getting ANY votes from me, no matter how they sound.

They already think they are divos, let them figure out what it really takes to maintain that status!

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-15-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain"
>>
>It was a little sad to
>see Lil' Ol' Cowboy go
>but he just wasn't ready
>and he knew it.
>
>
Yep. sad but I'm glad he got off his ranch and
got to see Hollywood. That was a dream come true
for him, and Simon made that possible.

Also those twins are in for ratings only, because
people are talking about them. They don't look the
part as Simon loves to say.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: oh and... Brokenote Mountain"
It was kinda fun to see the twins be told to shut up. But I was really hoping that they weren't allowed to return. One of the twins argued that they showed what it takes to be an American Idol. I completely and wholeheartedly disagree. The constant b*tching and whining was just awful (wait, I'm b*tching and whining about them now ). It just seemed like they wanted the last say at everything, and it just got really annoying.

ropefish_3 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-15-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ropefish_3 Click to send private message to ropefish_3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I know the drama makes for good TV but I cannot believe the amount of time given to the twins. If you added it up I bet it's a quarter of the show. I would have loved to see more of the auditions, and it was very hard to tell who was staying or going. I was trying to see if a local favorite, Ayla Brown, made it thru but they showed people too quickly.

So excited for tonight's show.

sig courtesy of Syren

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-15-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I have 3 questions:

1. Last night- What is up with Simon leaving after only 2 rooms? It is not like he took a lot of time with the 1st 2 rooms. It just seemed a little odd to me.

2. If the either or both of the twins make the final 24 would you vote for either of them? At this point I wouldn’t.

3. If both twins make the final 24 would it be harder for them to get enough votes to continue on? I would think they would have the same fan base.

What do you think?

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-15-06, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
well, back in January, or early Feb, news reports of their car theft came out and AI made the statement that they were 'released from the show', so even if the do make the final 24 (I'm not sure when that cut was made), i'm sure next week they won't be in the final 24 that perform.

geekboy

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: American Idol 5 - 2/14/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
1. They said that Simon had a previous engagement in London. He must've had to catch a plane.

2. Definitely not. I didn't like them in the auditions and I certainly don't like the attitude they showed everyone. Remember when Simon asked the other contestants if they wanted the twins to return and some people shook their heads? That must mean that the other contestants didn't like them either.

3. I would think that at least one might move on to the finals. I mean, it's obvious that they're talented and that alone would have people voting for them. But do they have enough? I sure hope not.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •