The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tuesday Night Book Club"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-14-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tuesday Night Book Club"
Am I the only one that watched this? I kind of liked it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tuesday Night Book Club SurvivorBlows 06-14-06 1
   RE: Tuesday Night Book Club Glow 06-14-06 2
       RE: Tuesday Night Book Club SurvivorBlows 06-14-06 3
           RE: Tuesday Night Book Club Glow 06-14-06 4
 RE: Tuesday Night Book Club Loree 06-19-06 5
   RE: Tuesday Night Book Club Glow 06-21-06 6
       It was weltek 06-21-06 7
 RE: Tuesday Night Book Club Loree 06-21-06 8
 And Estee didn't even touch it! SurvivorBlows 06-23-06 9
   RE: And Estee didn't even touch it! Estee 06-23-06 10
   RE: And Estee didn't even touch it! Bebo 06-23-06 11
   RE: And Estee didn't even touch it! Loree 06-23-06 12
   RE: And Estee didn't even touch it! CouchTater 06-24-06 13
   RE: And Estee didn't even touch it! Glow 06-30-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tuesday Night Book Club"
I watched it but wasn't too impressed, but I also don't watch Laguna Beach or The Hills, the docu-soap style the show was said to be going after. I did watch a couple of episodes of 8th & Ocean and I have to say that 8th & Ocean looked far more "real."

Tuesday Night Book Club just appeared to be so obviously staged and a complete attempt at ripping off Desperate Housewives -- the show even copied the scripted ABC show's use of a narrator voiceover and the "unsettled ending" technique in which a panning shot (and presumably staged, I doubt cameras filmed every bedroom's activity every night) of each cast member was shown. All I was waiting for was for the narrator to reveal that she was talking to us from beyond the grave and the cloning would have been complete. I actually enjoyed Bravo's The Real Housewives of Orange County more -- Tuesday Night Book Club seemed mostly depressing, with little focus on anything other than a bunch of troubled marriages.

06-14-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tuesday Night Book Club"
I think I probably liked it because it was mostly depressing. And yes, I too thought parts of it were obviously staged (the bedroom stuff comes to mind for me too).

I don't watch Desperate Housewives. I try to every once in a while but find that I just can't get into it.

06-14-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tuesday Night Book Club"
Tuesday Night Book Club seems to be a bad fit for summer reality TV -- summer reality TV is generally thought to be light-hearted, frivolous programming. Book Club's seemed to be anything but that.

Both Cris (the alcoholic's wife) and Kirin (the doctor's wife) came across as unhappy women that, rather than feel free to ridicule them like reality viewers do with most reality participants, you basically pitied. Jamie -- the "conflicted" adulterous wife -- should have been the one that viewers would feel comfortable bashing, and yet for some reason the show appeared to go out of its way to cast her in a sympathetic light, seemingly completely downplaying CBS's pre-premiere biography that says she's "had several affairs since she married."

Lynn and her newlywed husband also seemed to be a decent semi-trashy reality TV couple -- neither one of them came across as very seriously concerned about the fate of their marriage so neither should the viewing audience -- but the show spent so much time on Cris and Kirin that the overall hour was a downer.

06-14-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Tuesday Night Book Club"
Is Jamie the one that left her husband and went to stay with the divorced woman?

I'll most likely make my decision whether or not to continue watching next week. It kept me interested enough to want to watch it to see if I want to watch it. My husband had no interest. He pushed 'play' on the DVR, sat there for about a minute and went to bed. So if nothing else, it will buy me an hour of alone time.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tuesday Night Book Club"
I finally watched this show. Not sure what I think of it. I kept thinking it was hard to believe it was a reality show and not staged. I'll watch the next ep. But not sure what I will do after that.

06-21-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Tuesday Night Book Club"
uh oh. Was it on last night? I forgot about it.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "It was"
I watched it for five minutes. The spot I watched had a husband/wife arguing over how he worked on his bike instead of having a romantic evening with her..or something like that. I get enough of that type of discussion in my own life. I don't need to live someone else's spats.

06-21-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tuesday Night Book Club"
I don't really like most of these people.

I did laugh at the bodybuilder woman married to the firefighter. She put on all that bronzer on her body. But she left her face really white. It just looked funny.

Why do all the Scottsdale, Arizona people have to be on reality shows?

06-23-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
9. "And Estee didn't even touch it!"

CBS has announced that, after two weeks, it has pulled Tuesday Night Book Club from its current summer schedule. Apparently too many viewers decided that reading a book of their own was more interesting.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-06, 05:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: And Estee didn't even touch it!"
As hard as it may be to believe, I do have standards.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: And Estee didn't even touch it!"
Apparently, the answer to Glow's original question was Yes.

06-23-06, 11:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: And Estee didn't even touch it!"
There is no surprise here. And I completely understand the decision.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-24-06, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: And Estee didn't even touch it!"
I watched the first one and thought it was totally staged and I really hated the "Desparate Houswives" commentator rip-off style, which was really bad by the way. But, I was willing to try and keep watching.

The second one was the stupidest crap I've ever seen. I was hoping it was going to be a show that would fill in the summer drought, but I'll stick with "the closer" and the like.

I would have stopped watching anyway.

06-30-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
14. "RE: And Estee didn't even touch it!"
My husband actually remembered I told him I wasn't sure if I was going to keep watching it so he taped it for me just in case. I watched about five minutes of it and deleted it. And seeing that they cancelled it, I'm glad I decided I didn't like it. heh.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •