The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol is Sexist!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-13-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol is Sexist!"
As a white male, I know what hardships are all about. I can barely go to sleep at night knowing that I'm not thought of as many other people's equals. That being said, I can no longer sit back and ignore the total hypocricy that is going on over at American Idol. Obviously fairness was thrown out the window long ago! Take a look at that final three, will ya? Notice anything out of place? Yes! There is absolutely no males to be seen. In fact, there weren't even any males in the top four! It leads me to the conclusion that American Idol is obviously, horrendously, and completely sexist! Not only are there no males in the final four of the contestants, but the show is also hosted by a woman, Ryan Seacrest. Plus, the few males that are on the show, Simon and Randy, in no way provide any kind of smart criticism. They're made to look like morons next to the brilliant genius that is Paula Abdul. Straight up now tell me, American Idol! Is it going to be you and me together? Or are you just having fun?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! mistofleas 05-13-04 1
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! Breezy 05-13-04 2
   RE: American Idol is Sexist! AugustGirl 05-13-04 3
       RE: American Idol is Sexist! brvnkrz 05-13-04 5
           RE: American Idol is Sexist! AugustGirl 05-16-04 18
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! zombiebaby 05-13-04 4
   RE: American Idol is Sexist! mistofleas 05-14-04 8
 BOYCOTT! minkey 05-14-04 6
   Winky Minkey! zombiebaby 05-19-04 36
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! Ricky 05-14-04 7
   RE: American Idol is Sexist! minkey 05-14-04 15
       RE: American Idol is Sexist! qwertypie 06-06-04 40
 Waah, waah, waah Bebo 05-14-04 9
   RE: Waah, waah, waah AugustGirl 05-14-04 14
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! joannie 05-14-04 10
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! buckeyegirl 05-14-04 11
   RE: American Idol is Sexist! bacon 05-14-04 12
       RE: American Idol is Sexist! buckeyegirl 05-14-04 13
       RE: American Idol is Sexist! skyhoneybear 05-14-04 16
           RE: American Idol is Sexist! skyhoneybear 05-14-04 17
               WHOA! Wheezy 05-17-04 20
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! nailbone 05-17-04 19
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! bob_chester 05-17-04 21
   RE: American Idol is Sexist! zombiebaby 05-18-04 25
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! grit 05-18-04 22
   RE: American Idol is Sexist! Bebo 05-18-04 23
       RE: American Idol is Sexist! zombiebaby 05-18-04 24
           RE: American Idol is Sexist! mistofleas 05-18-04 27
               RE: American Idol is Sexist! Bebo 05-18-04 29
   RE: American Idol is Sexist! bacon 05-18-04 28
       RE: American Idol is Sexist! Bebo 05-18-04 30
       RE: American Idol is Sexist! grit 05-18-04 31
           RE: American Idol is Sexist! zombiebaby 05-18-04 32
               RE: American Idol is Sexist! grit 05-18-04 33
                   RE: American Idol is Sexist! Bebo 05-18-04 34
                       RE: American Idol is Sexist! grit 05-19-04 35
                       RE: American Idol is Sexist! seahorse 06-03-04 38
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! wildchickenhunter 05-18-04 26
   RE: American Idol is Sexist! seahorse 06-04-04 39
 RE: American Idol is Sexist! Sagebrush Dan 05-20-04 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
I respectfully disagree with you Bacon.

Whilst the show may be hosted by a woman and there are two women on the judging panel (Randy and Simon) there is a strong male representative in Paula. Take you token and be proud bacon!

--hearts bacon even though it's bad for her cholesterol

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Straight up now tell me, American Idol! Is it going to be you and me together? Or are you just having fun? ROFLMAO

If it makes your feel any better, I think atleast one of those that you mentioned has a strap on tucked away in a drawer somewhere.

My first summary

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
If it makes your feel any better, I think atleast one of those that you mentioned has a strap on tucked away in a drawer somewhere.

*Someone* told me to come over here because Breezy made a funny. Well, the genius that is our Breezy made me break my "No AI" rule. I am ROTFLMAO!

I *heart* Breezy. And Bacon too!

Knockers? Where are you? I'm scared.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
*running in from the kitchen*
Here I am Augie, I made it. You will be okay, you are no longer alone. Now was I lying? Isn't Breezy an absolute hoot.
This thread isn't a spoof is it?

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.
CASH Wine gopher

05-16-04, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
This thread isn't a spoof is it?

This thread is not a spoof. If Bacon says it, it's the truth.

From Bacon's lips to God's ears.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"

Not only that but I think they hate redheads also! I heard Paula was banned from wearing an auburn wig. Not only that but have you noticed the lack of blondes? I think the judges are trying to stop blondes from even entering the competition!

My proof-just look at how they treated Scooter Girl!

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

"You don't need pants for the victory dance"

05-14-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Not only that but I think they hate redheads also!

Yeah! See? Notice how I'm not on the show?

--would rather be red on the head than have a poodle on her noodle

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-14-04, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "BOYCOTT!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-04 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

I'd like to give a toast to Bacon.

edited for stupidity... Not that the post isn't stupid enough in its own right, but with a typo... Unforgivable!

Winky

05-19-04, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Winky Minkey!"
Don't U just luv typos? at least you know how to use the caps lock!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-14-04, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
As a white male, I know what hardships are all about. I can barely go to sleep at night knowing that I'm not thought of as many other people's equals.

Right on Bacon. AI is just another example of The Man keeping us white male's down !

We didn't land on American Idol, American Idol landed on us !

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Now maybe if you boys could dance...

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-04, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha!

La Vida es un Tango!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Waah, waah, waah"
Want some cheese to go with that whine?

I've spent the entire season listening to Mr. Bebo complain about AI perpetuating stereotypes. If I hear him moan about the Fox network perpetuating the myth that redheaded pasty white males can't sing one more time, I'm going to throw something.

And now you're joining in the chorus. Well let me tell you mister, you only have yourself to blam. You see, for years you men have been judging women on our looks. We women have decided to turn the tables, and you know what? The producers cut all of the beefcake before the finals. They mistakingly thought that since neither of last season's final 2 males fit the traditional stud mold that we didn't need our eye candy. They were wrong.

Since I didn't have any cute butt cheeks or sexy dimples to vote for, I've been one of those folks who just sit on my couch after the show and watch '24'. Blam the men who've told us women to start playing by your rules - we have, and we're still waiting for our eye candy.

Have whip, will travel.

05-14-04, 12:40 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Waah, waah, waah"
Since it's Firday, I blam the men too. They're just gellus us women folk aren't paying any attention to them anymore.

Like Bebo, I get my eye candy on '24'. How 'bout you?

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-14-04, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
bacon, thank you for making me laugh!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Straight up now tell me, American Idol! Is it going to be you and me together? Or are you just having fun? That quote? was priceless.
But Bacon, weren't last years top 2 finalists both men? And the year before that there was that kid Justin..the girls just kicked butt this season...the only one who could really hold a tune was George.

"Outwit, Outplay and Outwhatever" ~Big Tom

05-14-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
First off, the verdict is still out on whether Clay Aiken is actually male. Secondly, Ruben Studdard may be a male and all, but he is in the upper crust of the male kingdom due to the fact that he reminds everyone of the Pillsbury Doughboy. Now who isn't going to vote for the Pillsbury Doughboy?

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-04 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

Now who isn't going to vote for the Pillsbury Doughboy?
*giggle* Hadn't quite thought of it that way till now, it does explain alot...

"Outwit, Outplay and Outwhatever" ~Big Tom

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
That comment was uncalled for. Especially since the pillsbury dough boy is as white as bleached sugar and flour.

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Buckeye, where at in OH? Im in Dayton.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "WHOA!"
Set.tle. down. you dog, you cat.

Yer makin' me noivus.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Preach ON, Brother Bacon!!

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-04 AT 00:13 AM (EST)

The least they could do if they were going to vote out the men was to have some women with big ah .... "brains" lol

You guys remember that pretty Hawaii babe that had the big “brains” and was flirting with Simon? Simon voted yes (that look in his eyes and smile convinced me he was not gay) but Paula and Randy said no. Her voice was as good as anybody on the show this year. I think. LOL But who would care?

Anyway we got stuck with Camille and Jasmine.

I am sorry I just couldn't resist, but you know some hot babes that aren't jail bait, would at least increase the male audience. Sex sells, Paula should know that.

Edit to correct names

05-18-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
25. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Sex sells, Paula should know that.

I'm guessing that is why she has not sold many records.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-18-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
We women are voting against the men to correct for years of second-hand citizenship at the hands of men. Men told us we should be "barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen". For many years we've been paid less than a man would be for doing the same job. Women had to wait decades before they were allowed to vote.

Now it's time for us to rise up and vote against the men, make them feel the pain of being downtrodden just because of their sex.

05-18-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Yet another reason I want to spend my 2 hours dialing 1-866-IDOLS-GRIT tonight.

Have whip, will travel.

05-18-04, 09:47 AM (EST)
24. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"

*wondering if Bebo is barefoot right now!*

05-18-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
27. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
*wondering if Bebo is barefoot right now!*

Since she's already got the pregnant part down, I'd imagine she is barefoot. Don't your feet swell to an outrageous size when you're about to give birth?

--waves at bebo and babybebo

05-18-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
29. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Not barefoot at the office, but damn, my feet are big.

Have whip, will travel.

05-18-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
28. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Barefoot and Pregnant in the kitchen, eh? Great idea! And could we please get rid of that whole "right to vote" thingy, too. I mean come on, i know it's hard enough for us men to fill out ballots. You gals must be having migraines!

05-18-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
30. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
I mean come on, i know it's hard enough for us men to fill out ballots.

That's because you all start laughing when you hear "hanging chad".

Have whip, will travel.

05-18-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
The only migraine I get when voting is from trying to decide which white male will do the least damage to our country.

The only reason a woman hasn't run for president yet is because we're all too busy being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen...

05-18-04, 04:45 PM (EST)
32. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Carry my bra for me sister!

Now suddenly wants to get of butt and campaign for Grit!

05-18-04, 05:00 PM (EST)
33. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Now I've got bebo and zombiebaby voting for me. If both of you live in Hawaii, that should be at least 2 million votes for me. Yay!

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

05-18-04, 05:45 PM (EST)
34. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
If I lived in Hawaii, do you think I would spend so much time inside on the computer?????

Have whip, will travel.

05-19-04, 08:01 AM (EST)
35. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
I just meant that those Hawaiian votes seem to go through a lot easier than my votes from NY...

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
You got that right.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-18-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Whats the old saying..."White men can't sing"?

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
Speak for yourself. I am a legend in my own mind.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: American Idol is Sexist!"
I feel your pain, brother, I feel your pain.

CASH Secretary of Hospitality

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"the brilliant genius that is Paula Abdul" ROFLMAO

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •