The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol 2/8/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-08-06, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol 2/8/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread until 11:00 PM. Just in case our friends in other time zones wish to be surprised about which of the 175 lucky 'golden ticket' holders from auditions make it through the first cut.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Idol 2/8/06: East Coas... kathliam 02-08-06 1
   Not Elton mysticwolf 02-08-06 24
 Lisa Tucker kathliam 02-08-06 2
 Paris Bennett kathliam 02-08-06 3
   RE: Paris Bennett nailbone 02-08-06 17
 RE: American Idol 2/8/06: East Coas... kathliam 02-08-06 4
   RE: American Idol 2/8/06: East Coas... KoalaChick 02-08-06 5
 Forgot this was on! moonbaby 02-08-06 6
   RE: Forgot this was on! KoalaChick 02-08-06 7
 Brett "Ace' Young kathliam 02-08-06 8
   RE: Brett "Ace' Young KoalaChick 02-08-06 9
   RE: Brett "Ace' Young nailbone 02-08-06 18
       RE: Brett "Ace' Young chickgigi 02-09-06 28
 Bald guy with blue shirt moonbaby 02-08-06 10
   RE: Bald guy with blue shirt kathliam 02-08-06 13
       RE: Bald guy with blue shirt jtcollie 02-08-06 16
       RE: Bald guy with blue shirt greeneyes 02-09-06 30
 Garrett Johnson kathliam 02-08-06 11
   RE: Garrett Johnson geekboy 02-08-06 19
   RE: Garrett Johnson nailbone 02-08-06 21
       RE: Garrett Johnson batts 02-08-06 23
           RE: Garrett Johnson tamarama 02-09-06 26
           RE: Garrett Johnson greeneyes 02-09-06 29
 LMAO moonbaby 02-08-06 12
   RE: LMAO cjhope117 02-08-06 22
 Katherine McPhee kathliam 02-08-06 14
 Crazy Dave kathliam 02-08-06 15
   RE: Crazy Dave nailbone 02-08-06 20
       RE: Crazy Dave greeneyes 02-09-06 25
       RE: Crazy Dave tamarama 02-09-06 27
           The Twins Little Blimp 02-09-06 31
               RE: The Twins deededell 02-11-06 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-08-06, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Idol 2/8/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Patrick Hall from Arkansas, how did we not see him during auditions? What a beautiful voice, singing an old Elton John song. Melodic, on tune. I'm in lvoe.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-08-06, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Not Elton"
Elton may have redone it, but the band that wrote and first performed it was "Bread", in the early 70's. But, yes - he did a superb job with it.

A Syren Spring

02-08-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
2. "Lisa Tucker"
Going out on a limb here. Lisa Tucker is my early pick for Final Four. Girl has pipes!!

02-08-06, 08:18 PM (EST)
3. "Paris Bennett"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-06 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

Also a great sest of pipes. Sings Brittany Spears better than Brittany could ever expect. She'll make final 12, probably higher.

eta: everyone must be watching the Grammys.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-06, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Paris Bennett"
She's one of my picks to go a LONG way. Pipes AND personality.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

02-08-06, 08:24 PM (EST)
4. "RE: American Idol 2/8/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
After day one, half of the field is cut to 41 who are through to the second around. Half of the the field is yet to audition.

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-08-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: American Idol 2/8/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Any more keepers?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-06, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Forgot this was on!"
thanks for the heads up!

02-08-06, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Forgot this was on!"
I'd rather watch this than the Grammys...far more entertaining!

02-08-06, 08:41 PM (EST)
8. "Brett "Ace' Young"
Oh, man, this year's Constantine. He's cute, he's hot, he has a voice. Yea, he's gonna make it through to the next round and beyond. I didn't think AI could provide me eye candy better than Bo Bice, but this could be the one.

02-08-06, 08:43 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Brett "Ace' Young"
Good to hear there's a cutie, can't wait to see it. He must not have been on any of the audition shows, I didn't see anyone who was Constantine-like.

02-08-06, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Brett "Ace' Young"
He's MUCH better looking than Constantine. Con was just oogie.

Sig by Cyg

chickgigi 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-09-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chickgigi Click to send private message to chickgigi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Brett "Ace' Young"
Sounds better than connie too. Paula is dumbstruck by him and definitely ready to jump his bones. I was LOL at the look on her face.

02-08-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Bald guy with blue shirt"
Gave me the chills!

02-08-06, 08:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Bald guy with blue shirt"
Chris Daughtry? Yea, he has an interesting voice.

jtcollie 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-08-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtcollie Click to send private message to jtcollie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Bald guy with blue shirt"
>Chris Daughtry? Yea, he has an
>interesting voice.

He's absolutely 100% my favorite. For some reason I find him amazing.

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Bald guy with blue shirt"
I really like Chris, there's just something very appealing about him.

02-08-06, 08:50 PM (EST)
11. "Garrett Johnson"
Remember him? He's the guy who sang to his turkeys and has never flown on the plane. Well, he's getting ready to sing. Unfortunately, he decides to sing a Brittany Spears song. Ouch. He even finishes his song with a hat flourish, tossing it into the audience.

Garrett makes it through to the next round. Given his nerves, I'm still interested in seeing him.

Crazy Dave is still to come. How in heaven's name did he make it through the auditions?

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-08-06, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Garrett Johnson"
GO Garrett!!

He now has some confidence. I'm so happy for him.

geekboy

02-08-06, 09:20 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Garrett Johnson"
The Cryin' Country Boy...man is that kid ever starstruck! I can't say that I blame him, but I think they'll only take that into account just this once.

Sig by Cyg

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-08-06, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Garrett Johnson"
I'm glad he got this far. I think he pretty much knows he won't be on the final 12, but it's cute that he got to see hollywood.

I have a lower opinion of the Derrell/Terrell twins, for what they said. The acted all mad that some people who didn't deserve to make it through.... got through, when some who DID deserve to make it through, DIDN'T. I think they were referring to the Turkey Cowboy. When the audience was standing, clapping, and cheering, for the turkey cowboy.... they sat there all Pí§§¥. Did Ya'll notice that?

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Garrett Johnson"
Clearly, batts is in my head. (tee hee, 'bats' in...nevermind)

The Brittneneneneum(?) twins took a nosedive in my personal book last night.

Not just their crappy attitude -- both whiney AND egotistical.
(and yes, their attitude would have soured me even if I didn't know their...other story.)

BUT -- their singing was not great. I was kinda surprised, I expected them to be MUCH better.

By contrast, I did NOT like the other, younger twins in their city audition (WAY too many runs). But last night I thought they sounded pretty good. Oh well.

As for Garrett, he seems like a very sweet guy - I'm sure I'd like him if I met him, but his singing was not good.

I missed his city audition -- was he alot better then?

02-09-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Garrett Johnson"
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-06 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

I think Garrett is just precious! I think he's got a decent voice, but there's better, and I seriously doubt that he will make the top 12 men. But it's just fun to see someone enjoying it so much for the experience, and not like some of the others that are trying to cut down the competition with snide comments, etc. Loved the scene of him playing in the ocean. And it looked like the other contestants (Brittenums the exception) really liked our little cowboy, the girl who caught his hat, and the ones sitting by her were all smiles, like they were his proud big sisters.

It's too early for me to pick a favorite, but I am also one that didn't really remember Kelly Clarkson, until she sang Natural Woman, then I took notice of her.

Can't wait to see some more next week.

Couple of questions:

BTW, am I the only one that is not impressed with Lisa Tucker (I think that's her name) the one with super curly hair from the Denver audition? There's just something about her that I don't care for, but not sure what it is.

Also, they said that 175 were in Hollywood, and that by the end of day two, 66 were cut, leaving them with 99 left. Did I miss something, what happened to the other 10?

02-08-06, 08:52 PM (EST)
12. "LMAO"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-06 AT 09:00 PM (EST)

Who the heck is this joker in the striped shirt?

Must have been Crazy Dave

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-06, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: LMAO"
Yeah, Dave has an amazing case of the crazy...not disappointed to see him go!!!

02-08-06, 08:57 PM (EST)
14. "Katherine McPhee"
Another early pick for me. Definitely a set of pipes. A little Kelly Clarkson in her voice. Nice key change transition. She's going forward.

02-08-06, 09:02 PM (EST)
15. "Crazy Dave"
Dave Hoover, sings 'Bat Out of Hell' by Meatloaf. An unusual choice of songs. He manages to scare the bejezus out of Paula while he sings.

Over the course of two days they cut 66 hopefuls. There are 99 singers who still have a chance to make it to the next cut. Groups are coming up. Those who have made it through have one night to prepare for the group sing. And at least one singer 'doesn't do groups'.

And that may or not be code for something.

02-08-06, 09:19 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Crazy Dave"
Some of these poeple, like the twins and the "doesn't do groups" guy, are in for a long hard (or really short) trip with those kinda attitudes.

Sig by Cyg

02-09-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Crazy Dave"
That would be a short trip for them. They were the ones arrested for forgery.

Honestly, I liked the other set of male twins (the Simmons brothers, I think was their name) better. The Brittenums just have bad attitudes, IMO.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Crazy Dave"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-06 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

Actually, the guy who "doesn't DO groups" is in fact one of the twins.

It's also one of the twins who whines "my spirit is broken."

My patience is broken with these two idiots. They can't possibly make it to the final 24.

I wouldn't be surprised if Simon is talking to one of them when he says "I'm tired of your attitude..."

(plus, how idiotic for them to dress alike last night. Oy.)

(etf spelling d'oh!)

Little Blimp 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-09-06, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Little%20Blimp Click to send private message to Little%20Blimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "The Twins"
I'm tired of them as well. Couldn't wait until they shut up last night!

deededell 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-11-06, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deededell Click to send private message to deededell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The Twins"

I don't remember the name of the salt n pepper haired guy who sings the souther soft rock, but I think his voice is like velvet.

I would really like to see a male win this year. A male with a strong voice and one who develops an incredible fan base just like Clay Aiken did. Just to toss it up.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •