The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Could it be the year for a young winner???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-07-06, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Could it be the year for a young winner???"
I have to say, this season has a good crop of young contestants. For me, personally, the memorable ones from a pretty boring season of auditions were:

#1 - Garrett, the young cowboy/farmer who sang to the turkeys
#2 - The female relative of the black singer Randy knew
#3 - The 16-year old black girl from one of the first episodes
#4 - The 16 year old geeky boy tonight who sang 'You Raise Me Up'

The only other older contestant i recall is the cute, blonde girl who lived with her grandfather, and whose father was in prison

I remember 5, and 4 were _young_.

Can a young, teenager, win American Idol???

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Could it be the year for a youn... CattyChat 02-08-06 1
   RE: Could it be the year for a youn... geekboy 02-08-06 2
 RE: Could it be the year for a youn... Tahj 02-08-06 3
 RE: Could it be the year for a youn... geekboy 02-08-06 4
   RE: Could it be the year for a youn... CattyChat 02-09-06 6
       RE: Could it be the year for a youn... Tahj 02-09-06 7
           RE: Could it be the year for a youn... geekboy 02-09-06 9
               RE: Could it be the year for a youn... Tahj 02-10-06 15
 RE: Could it be the year for a youn... aquariaqueen 02-09-06 5
 RE: Could it be the year for a youn... Little Blimp 02-09-06 8
 RE: Could it be the year for a youn... batts 02-09-06 10
   RE: Could it be the year for a youn... Little Blimp 02-09-06 11
   RE: Could it be the year for a youn... Mysterious Jedi 02-10-06 12
       RE: Could it be the year for a youn... CattyChat 02-10-06 13
           RE: Could it be the year for a youn... batts 02-10-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-08-06, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
I think a young winner would be really nice, especially if it was someone without an arrogant air about them.

My faves of the young ones so far is the pretty little blond girl whose mother abandoned her, father in prison & lives with her grandfather. She seems so sweet for someone from such a hard life.

Turkey boy gets my super underdog vote & I'm curious to see if he gets over his nerves & if his voice gets better.

There was another young 16-year-old boy from last week (I think) who looked like a young Fred Savage (Wonder Years). Paula said no "he wasn't ready for this competition" & good old Simon completely disagreed saying he had a good voice for a 16 year old & that moms would love him.

The 16-year-old pretty black girl had an amazing voice. I just think that someone like her with a family member already well known in the music industry (per Randy) wouldn't need something like AI to get a contract, especially with the lungs she has.

Anyway, a young, fresh-faced, clean cut young girl or boy would be great to see this year. Although, until after "He!! week" who knows what other talent is in the mix.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

02-08-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
Hi CattyChat -

Like you, i'm really rooting for Garrett (Turkey Boy). I cannot predict how he will do, because he has absolutely no concept of what Hollywood is, let alone what he is going to go through there.

part of me says that him going into it like this, he has nothing to lose, so he may do very well. But then the other side says he has no chance in he**, and his nerves and utter fright of being out of his element will do him in.

He has quite an amazing voice based on the little we saw and heard. I hope he makes it though.

geekboy

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-08-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
A teenager can win. No reason why not. The overall odds may be against it, though, because of their inexperience. They have no idea what they are in for and the pressure will make or break them. John Stevens was able to get through it, but his lack of versatility got him voted off. Same with Mikalah Gordon.

Diana Degarmo came the closest. I think she was 17 when she won runner-up.

Moves courtesy of Syren

02-08-06, 09:16 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
Garrett got through! I was pleased with the enthusiasm and power he put into his performanced. It wasn't a knockout performance, but he did good.

He has now gained some confidence, and should do better in round two.

Good job Garrett!!!

geekboy

02-09-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
I'm worried for Garrett, Geekboy. I'm glad the judges let him through to the next round, but I fear the "group" performances are going to be really hard on him. I hope he isn't stuck with guys with bad attitudes & he gets some support.

He was cute to watch with all his wide-eyed enthusiasm. It's great that he is able to get out of his tiny town & see the ocean and everything else he is experiencing.

His comment that he quoted that his mother says he has talent, but he's like a steak -- RAW, really kind of hit the nail on the head. He didn't do well last night & he's up against some serious competition for only 12 male spots.

We'll see what happens. Maybe he'll get lucky and make it through.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

02-09-06, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
Garrett's antics are over the top for me. Sure, he's impressed and moved by all his new experiences, but when he came out on stage looking up at the ceiling with his mouth hanging open, then saying "wow" to the judges to show them how awed and overwhelmed he was by his surroundings, that "aw shucks" bullsh!t just didn't fly. Then his dance down the corridor for the camera was absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if he is being goaded into it or what. There's no way he's going to make to the finals. He'll be cut.

Moves courtesy of Syren

02-09-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
For me, Garrett is what i love about AI. Same goes for Clay Aiken, and Bo Bice. These are the people that would NEVER get into a record company and get even a 'Hi.' These are the people that AI is for.

I get the impression that Garrett is genuine. He wants this, he said he worked w/ a vocal coach for a year just for this opportunity.

He has a good voice that could definately develop over the course of the competition. I think last night gave him a huge dose of confidence, and i see him working his butt off w/ the group singing.

I'm rooting for him and the bald/sideburn/rocker guy this season.

geekboy

02-10-06, 05:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
While I agree with what you said, his antics are still over the top and I think he comes across as phony when he's acting that way. I believe he is sincere and touched by his new experiences.

Moves courtesy of Syren

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-09-06, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
I sure hope so.....some great young talent. They are still fresh, and moldable....unfortunately, it could lead to their demise. Look at Whitney Houston!

Little Blimp 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-09-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Little%20Blimp Click to send private message to Little%20Blimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
Isn't the cute blonde girl's name Kelly Piccolo or something like that? She is cute, sweet, and sings great. However, I don't want to see another cute, blonde win it all again. We have enough cute, little blondes who can sing in the music industry.

I liked the really pretty brunette twins (one had a hole in her vocal cord), but didn't see them last night.

And I'm also rooting for Turkey Boy! He is so sweet and heart warming!

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-09-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
The youngest ones featured

Lisa Tucker 16 Black girl Wow! What a voice. She looks a bit like Janelle Castine from last year, but has a voice like Latoya London. This girl is gonna make it to the top 3 definately. I know this cause I'm Psychic....

Paris Bennet 17 Black girl OMGosh this girl can SING! One of my early favs.

Kevin Covais 16 White guy with a burr haircut. He's pretty good. He doesnt have enough power in his voice IMHO

Katherine McPhee 21 White girl. She sang "I'll never love this way again" and did a beautiful job. Judges say she's an early favorite.

Garret Cowboy 18 sings to his turkeys back home on the farm. He's a sweetie, but we won't see him in the top 12. He's a sweetie though, runnin out in the ocean with his blue jeans and cowboy hat on... LOLLOLLOL

Megan Zeiger and Chris Daughtry are both 25. Chris Daughtry is the bald guy that everyone is lovin.

Patrick Hall 27 White guy. He was the first singer up on Hollywood night. I really liked him.

Jason Horn 28 The funeral director guy. Very powerful voice...... he's another of my early favorites. I hear a lot of hidden power in his voice....... like he's holdin back.

Taylor Hicks 29 and grey haired. has an unusual singing voice. I personally think he would be a good 'soul' singer.

Did I miss anyone? I think Geekboy is right.... the winner this year will be a young one.

Little Blimp 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-09-06, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Little%20Blimp Click to send private message to Little%20Blimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
Ohhhh, I love the gray haired guy! I'm really pulling for him too. Guess I'm more into the underdogs this year after what happened last season!

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-10-06, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
Thanks, batts!

Off that list, I liked Lisa Tucker(what a voice for a 16 yr. old)
Katherine McPhee(thought she was better in tryouts, though)
Chris Daughtry(nice, strong voice)

I may be one of very few who didn't really care for Paris' singing. She'll probably do well but, it just didn't catch my ear.

02-10-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
Yes, thanks, Batts. Just to add to the list --

Kelly Pickler, I think, is the young, little blond girl with the country sound. I really like her, but I agree that after Carrie won last year, Kelly probably won't go too far this year.

I also remember the 16 y.o. boy who looked a little like Fred Savage from the Wonder Years in the audition. They didn't feature him on the first 2 days of Hollywood week, but I don't think he's cut, because I thought I saw a preview of him on the stage, mouth agape, following a comment by Randy. I liked him in his audition & am curious to see how he sounds and if he makes it. I guess I'll find out next week.

I am with you, Jedi, on Paris. While I LOVE her voice and she'll probably make it far in this competition and I think she seems very sweet --- I just don't think she should take a one of the 12 female spots from someone more needing of it.

I'll probably make a lot of people mad with what I just said, but my reasoning is that with someone in her family already in the biz, her obvious talent and extensive training, she doesn't need this show IMO. She has accessibility to getting a recording contract on her own. I just feel that AI should be more for people with amazing undiscovered talent and potential. But that's just one woman's opinion.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-10-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Could it be the year for a young winner???"
I forgot to add one of my favorites:
Mandisa Hundley 29 Black girl, kinda heavyset WHAT a VOICE. Remember her first audition? She was really impressive. Her hollywood performance wasn't too good, but her first audition was powerful!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •