The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Lindsey the new Jerri?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TwinkyDik 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-31-01, 06:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TwinkyDik Click to send private message to TwinkyDik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Lindsey the new Jerri?"
I don't think she is anywhere near the ##### Jerri was but Lindsey just annoys the crap out of me.
Is MB editing her up so she looks like the 'bad guy' for S3?
She seems arrogant, lazy, unthankful and whatever...
I want to see her get voted off but I'm concerned that she might end up injured and forego the voting ceremony by default. Any opinions folks? Or am I being too harsh?
What news do we have on her hospitalisation?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri? dabo 10-31-01 1
 RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri? PepeLePew13 10-31-01 2
 RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri? ItzLisa 10-31-01 3
 RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri? supershirll 10-31-01 4
 Lindsey = Oregon Women Slymmer 11-01-01 5
 RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri? Stairway2Dayton 11-01-01 6
   RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri? managerr 11-01-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-01, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri?"
There were three hospitalization rumors regarding contestants, Lindsey was supposedly in the hospital in early August. But according to MB or JP (I forget) no contestants were evacuated for medical reasons this season. I don't trust those guys, I mean I don't think they're above lying, but this is one time where I'll take their word for it, because it would be a dumb thing to lie about imho.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-01, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-01 AT 10:24 AM (EST)

It's interesting to note that you used the word "lazy" -- I think we're seeing some good editing from MB to play around with certain characters on the show. We've seen Lindsey act lazy at times, but at other times, she goes totally all-out to get involved in something -- for example: the pics of the upcoming challenges, past challenges, her fervor in working on the tree before she dehydrated last ep., leading the other Mallies in making bead necklaces, etc.

She DOES have the capability to make all of us forget Jerri ever existed, but at the same time, she could easily be edited later on as a much stronger person to go far in the game. At the moment, I think she's grated enough people to keep her from going too far, however anything can (and will) happen in the following weeks when it comes to editing and the merge.

Let's not forget, too, that in S1 Richard was edited in the early going as an ultra-cocky lazy good-for-nothing bum and he gradually built up his character in the show (via MB and the editors) to the end where he won.

"Just die, Frank"
Lindsey Richter, Oct. 25/01

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-31-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri?"
Well, there was also the thought that episode 3 was going to be the "Lindsey Injury" episode, and that didn't happen, although she did get sick. She needs to stay hydrated, but otherwise is still very much in the game. Who knows what could happen later - the reports of her winding up in the hospital could be true, but it may take place later, after her vote-off, if and when that happens. We don't know that it ever happens during the show; it could be while she's traveling around, before she's allowed to go home. And remember - many people believed firmly in Rodger's "broken collarbone while horseback riding" rumor - and we all know that didn't happen.

As far as her being "the new Jerri", I cannot stand Lindsey!!! She makes Jerri look like Santa! If they're editing her to be nasty, they're doing a bang-up job! Although, to give credit where credit is due, Lindsey is, physically, a VERY strong competitor - she kicks ass in the challenges waaaay better than Jerri did!

HI, SILAS!!!

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-01, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail supershirll Click to send private message to supershirll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri?"
The personalities do seem to hark back to SII: Lindsey = Jerri, Brandon = Mitchell, Kim P. = Amber, Silas = Colby. But as many will tell you 'Silas is not Colby', I think that Lindsey is no Jerri. Lindsey is immature and extremely annoying, but she does not seem evil (YET!).

Slymmer 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-01-01, 05:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Slymmer Click to send private message to Slymmer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Lindsey = Oregon Women"
Oh god, now that I have said it every person from Oregon is going to jump down my throat for making such a general comment. Now as I am about to justify(read really shove foot in mouth)People who know me will hate me. Oh Well.

I as you can guess am a native Oregonian, I have not however, lived in Oregon in over 14 years. Last year (or so) I went home on a vacation and attended several parties where I got to meet the natives. Lindsey seems to be the typical Oregon female. And like a lot of you she is so bloody annoying to me I cringe to admit I am from a state that could produce such annoying people. She is and will continue to be strong in the challenges, as long as she can stay some what healthy. She is not used to the heat, unless by some chance she really aclimated well in college. I have been away for almost half of my life and I can tell you I still prefer the Fall and Winter to Summers anywhere. Strong back boned and very opinionated, If the editting is even half way accurate, Lindsey will only make her self popular in the MallRats circle it would take Silas to endeasr her to anyone else.

As Far as the rest of my fellow Beavers or Ducks ie. Oregonians are concerned, You all know that the very nice and friendly Locals for which there are many, are all too over weight to make it in this game, it is a shame we have to be represented by a healthier if not as pleasant young lady.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-01-01, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri?"
My $.02

I don't find Lindsey to be like Jerri. Jerri is the ultimate ##### who deliberately sabotaged her teammate. She was constantly complaining about the way that others did simple tasks and spent all her time looking for the perfect angle for her crotch-shot interviews.

Lindsey is whiny, self-absorbed, irritating, whiny, thick-headed, and did I mention whiny? But she doesn't seem so... calculating. She reminds me more of Stacey.

S2D

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-01-01, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Lindsey the new Jerri?"
There are tons of differences between Lindsey and Jerri. For one, I think Lindsey is actually smarter than Jerri and has a viable strategy.

Jerri wasn't self-aware of her villainy--I'd say Lindsey is. Problem is that Lindsey probably doesn't care.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •