The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-07-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread until 11:00 PM EST, in the event any of our peeps in other time zones wish to watch the final stop on this train wreck with no preconceived ideas.

So, tonight is the final night of auditions. And we're in Bahston. Bean Town. Home of the BoSox. Not to be confused with Botox. Although there may be some of that in Bahston, also. I dunno.

So, have fun. According to the promos, they've saved the best for last. We shall be the judges of that!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... cjhope117 02-07-06 1
 RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... cjhope117 02-07-06 2
 RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... kathliam 02-07-06 3
 RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... kathliam 02-07-06 4
   RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... cjhope117 02-07-06 5
       RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... kathliam 02-07-06 6
   RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... thecrossbowkid 02-08-06 13
       RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... tamarama 02-08-06 15
           RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... CattyChat 02-08-06 18
 RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... kathliam 02-07-06 7
 RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... kathliam 02-07-06 8
   RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... Snidget 02-08-06 14
   RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... tamarama 02-08-06 16
 RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... cjhope117 02-07-06 9
   RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/0... Fishercat 02-07-06 11
 Tomorrow on American Idol kathliam 02-07-06 10
   RE: Tomorrow on American Idol Fishercat 02-08-06 12
       RE: Tomorrow on American Idol Godd3ss 02-08-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-07-06, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I really love the auditions because you never know what you will see and some of it is really hysterically funny, but seriously, what is wrong with some of these people?

02-07-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Did her flower get stuck in her hair??? What in the world?

02-07-06, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Well, Boston has given the country a lot of wonderful things, but it doesn't look like they will give us the next American Idol. *dabs blood from ears* So far this is painful. I hope the city is able to show us something!

02-07-06, 08:19 PM (EST)
4. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Another set of twins. Only one is singing because the other had a cyst rupture on her vocal cords. Very attractive (as in HOT, HOT, HOT). The non-singer is sitting on the side coaching. Voice isn't great. Paula says no, Randy wants to give her a second chance, Simon says she will probably be very successful in other aspects of her life but no. Paula changes her mind and lets her in.

Tatiana Ward, she of the pierced tongue. Her voice isn't bad but she's having trouble keeping the tune. Nerves, maybe? She then tries flattering Randy, Paula and Simon. She does have an good personality about it. Randy says yes, Simon says no, Paula says yes.

02-07-06, 08:22 PM (EST)
5. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
What did the last girl with the huge hair sing? I had to use the bathroom and missed it. Simon said it was too old-fashioned and cabaret.

02-07-06, 08:24 PM (EST)
6. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
'My Cherie A'more' (I think that's how you spell it), an old Stevie Wonder tune.

thecrossbowkid 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-08-06, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecrossbowkid Click to send private message to thecrossbowkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Oh boy, I must disagree. The semi-black girl with the Russian first name, hispanic surname and the blondish-reddish hair was pretty darn good. Simon's comment about looking like a poodle made me throw food at my TV. What a jerk , but that is yesterfays news. She was MUCH BETTER than the hottie twin. Style over substance!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-08-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
eh -- frankly they were both really weak. Dull voices, pitch problems, no great presence -- eh.

I'm sure it's the editing, but it seems like they're letting in a load of mediocre/crappy people.

It also seems like there are alot that Randy & Paula put through just to spite Simon.

These people are gonna get SPANKED in Hollywood.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-08-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I agree with everything you just said. VERY mediocre talent last night & I especially think Paula & Randy are spiting Simon (mostly Paula) in putting certain people through.

Then, I thought maybe because this was their last stop before Hollywood & they didn't have as many people as they wanted, they let a lot of people skate by for filler.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

02-07-06, 08:33 PM (EST)
7. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Oh, my ears, my ears. Kenneth Maccarone, singing 'I Believe' by Cher, in a voice that absolutely defies description. A little bit of Cher, what sounded like a few yodels. The faces on the judges were priceless. The guy claims the voice was that of Cher, and that he can also do Judy Garland. Simon tells him he should find a job as a female impersonator, which the guy refuses to do because he won't dress up as a woman. He wants to sing like a woman, but won't dress like one? I don't get it. He also has buggy eyes that bother me.

Oh, and he isn't going to Hollywood.

02-07-06, 08:42 PM (EST)
8. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Kevin Covais, age 16, looks like he's 12. He sings 'You Raise Me Up' by Josh Groban. He does have a very nice voice, but I can't get over the extreme red cheeks and extreme buzz cut. Simon doesn't think anyone under 80 can relate to him. Paula (of course) disagrees. Randy says yes, Paula absolutely.

This is followed by a montage of very bad renditions of 'Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog'. Who told them this was a song that had an appropriate melody to audition? Yikes.

Loved the guy in the Ork get-up. 'Specially when he froze, turned to the guy behind him (WTF was that?) and said 'line'. Bwahahaha!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-08-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I'm starting to think they pick some song for each audition and make everyone sing it (as they always have this montage thing with way too many people singing the same freaking song). Could be part of the audition to get into see Randy, Simon and Paula. Having everyone sing the chorus of the same song as part of the early audition process might help with the sorting. When they all do the same thing sometimes it makes the who is really bad and who is really good stand out a bit more.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-08-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
<<Kevin Covais, age 16, looks like he's 12.>>

Ya know, nice voice for school choir, but it's not a remarkable voice -- and with NO stage presence & an "ok" voice, he's toast next round.

He's obviously just barely hit puberty...he needs a couple of years.

Maybe they were just really desperate for guys in Boston.

02-07-06, 08:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I feel kinda bad for this Michael kid. He was not very good but he really thought that peeing would make him better.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-07-06, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: American Idol 5 Auditions 2/7/06: East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I really didn't think he was as bad as he was given the treatment for. Certainly not Hollywood worthy, and I disliked his attitude, but wasn't the worst we've ever heard.

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

02-07-06, 08:53 PM (EST)
10. "Tomorrow on American Idol"
Well, the auditions are over. 175 people from 7 cities will make their way to Hollywood, and most will have their dreams crushed.

We are shown a montage of lots of golden tickets, some very disappointed singers, more than a few upset parents, and lots and lots of tears. Oh, and Zachary. And Rhonetta. Ah, the memories. The nightmares.

Hell Week begins. Singing in groups on stage in front of only the 3 judges. There are tears, anger, back talk and a paramedic. At least one person drops out of the competition, and it someone attempts to jump the judges.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-08-06, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tomorrow on American Idol"
The jumper seems to be Crazy Dave, just seems like his personality

He = Winner.

Tonight's Winner = The dudes in the knight/orc/whateverthehell suits

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-08-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Godd3ss Click to send private message to Godd3ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Tomorrow on American Idol"
I think they were dressed up like members from the band GWAR

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •