The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Solitary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-06-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Solitary"
I know that I must be only one of 5 people who actually get Fox Reality, but I gotta say I really was impressed with the first episode of this show. I'm guessing the reason that Fox didn't put it on the network is that it is a little too close to Unanimous in the whole confinment thing - but it really is an interesting show and concept. No back-stabbing, no betrayal, no alliances, just you competing against you.....well, you competing against you competing against other people competing against themselves.

Is there ANYone else out there who is watching? If you get Fox Reality I highly recommend checking it out!

But, the four of us had a great time.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Solitary weltek 06-06-06 1
 RE: Solitary Tamena 06-12-06 2
 RE: Solitary weltek 06-13-06 3
   RE: Solitary bdemoney 06-13-06 4
   RE: Solitary AZ_Leo 06-18-06 5
       RE: Solitary Tamena 06-27-06 6
           RE: Solitary PagongRatEater 06-29-06 7
           RE: Solitary AZ_Leo 06-29-06 8
           RE: Solitary Igor 07-06-06 14
       Hair Gel Boy Igor 07-06-06 16
 RE: Solitary LukeLover 06-30-06 9
   RE: Solitary weltek 06-30-06 10
       RE: Solitary Tamena 07-01-06 11
           How Long, O Val? How Long? Igor 07-06-06 13
 RE: Solitary Igor 07-06-06 12
 Solitary deserves its own forum! Igor 07-06-06 15
 RE: Solitary PagongRatEater 08-09-06 17
   RE: Solitary RealitySpinDoc 09-16-06 18
   RE: Solitary VanillaPale 09-21-06 20
 RE: Solitary VanillaPale 09-21-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Solitary"
I was going to, but Nolay was into a movie.

Since our DISH Network channels have been crazy, Fox Reality is one that actually comes in (we're getting it fixed on Monday). So I was watching the preview shows for it & it looked good.

Glad you think it's worthwhile. Gives me more incentive to check it out.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-12-06, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Solitary"
Watched the first 2 eps here and am hooked LOL
tonight friends watched with me, they're in too. It took some explaining about what the people had been through already but it didn't take long. hehehe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

06-13-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Solitary"
I watched the first episode this weekend. It was good, the players are compelling, but I'm not sure if I can sustain interest until the end.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-13-06, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Solitary"
I have watched the first two episodes and so far LOVE the show. Although it does seem a bit torturous towards the contestants. But with no Survivor and no Big Brother yet, this show has helped to cure my reality tv withdrawl! Glad to see there are others on this board who are watching as well.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-18-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Solitary"
I watched the repeats of the first 2 episodes. I was starting to get bored until VAL got This is MY Game Hair Gel Boy to start freaking when she stopped talking to him. I may watch just hoping to see him turn into a puddle of crying, wimpering, jello. If they promise me that I may watch longer. There's one or two others I wouldn't mind seeing the same thing.

It's interesting that reality tv can get away with doing "treatments" to people that no Ethics Board would ever approve. If psychologist want to do a repeat of things like the prisoner/guard experiment or the shock experiment all they need to do is make it a reality tv show.

06-27-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Solitary"
Did you get a chance to see the "behind the scenes" thing they showed last night?

some of those treatments are downright NASTY LOL

And we're putting GI's on trial? I'm a bit confused by all this...but I'm enjoying the show =)

Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

06-29-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Solitary"
I have it Tivo'd but I don't want to ruin any of the show, so I'm waiting until after the series is over to watch.

Sure, its a little extreme - but no one gets hurt and they all signed up for it. I find it fascinating, especially how the treatments really help the contestants reveal some pretty personal stuff that even they haven't thought about.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-29-06, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Solitary"
I really don't think taking away someone's chapstick would be an effective torture technique outside of the greater LA area.

Igor 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-06-06, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Igor Click to send private message to Igor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Solitary"
>And we're putting GI's on trial?

The Solitary contestants signed up for the abuse. They wanted to win some money. The Iranian prisoners did not sign up for the abuse. They wanted to win the war.

Uh ... I was going to comment re those GI's but I've already used up my daily supply of disgust.

Igor, Secretary to the Pope
igor_sttp@yahoo.com
"A Mind Is A Terrible Thing"

07-06-06, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Igor Click to send private message to Igor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Hair Gel Boy"
This guy deserves his own reality game show. Some suggestions ...

"Last Follicle Standing"

"So You Think You Can Whine"

"America's Got Gel"

"Survivor -- Hair Salon"

And, my personal favorite, "Chapstick Hunters"

igor_sttp@yahoo.com

LukeLover 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-30-06, 04:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LukeLover Click to send private message to LukeLover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Solitary"
Only sick, sick, sick people would watch this show. It's possibly the nastiest thing I have ever seen. It's hard to believe they're getting away with it. Oh, BTW, I LOVE it. I have to admit, it won't be quite as good without gel boy, though. He was a kick. Me a sick puppy.

06-30-06, 03:37 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Solitary"
Welcome, fellow sicko! You'll fit in nicely here!

07-01-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Solitary"
Half the fun of this one is considering who in your life you'd like to be able to lock in a box and torture for a week or 10
*giggles*

07-06-06, 02:20 AM (EST)
13. "How Long, O Val? How Long?"
>lock in a
>box and torture for a
>week or 10
>*giggles*
>

I'm curious as to exactly how long are/were the contestants actually in the cubicles? A day? Two days? I doubt it was much longer than that, considering the logistical hassles of containment, but then again who knows. Interesting stuff.

igor_sttp@yahoo.com

07-06-06, 02:09 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Solitary"
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 02:14 AM (EST)

>Is there ANYone else out there
>who is watching?
>

You bet! Just wish I'd been the head writer for the show LOL 'Cause I gotta say, TWO episodes where the goal was to induce vomiting, that's two too many. And the face painting, and then tonight, with the dolls -- can we spell "Survivor idea rip-off" boys and girls?

The horrible video montage (last week's episode, or whenever) was nicely evil -- obviously at least one of the show's writers has read "A Clockwork Orange," one of the all-time scariest books ever written.

And i cracked up laughing re Hair Gel Jock freaking out about his missing ChapStick -- and then QUITTING. "Win fifty thousand dollars? NO I don't want to win fifty thousand dollars, I WANT MY CHAPSTICK."

Doomed, we are, we humans, doomed if guys like this are representative of our species.

LOL Mind games -- yum! I'd love to write for this show!

igor_sttp@yahoo.com

07-06-06, 02:31 AM (EST)
15. "Solitary deserves its own forum! "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 02:41 AM (EST)

uh i mean its own Conference (IMO as usual)

igor_sttp@yahoo.com

08-09-06, 09:11 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Solitary"
The right guy definitely won. He outworked everyone. It was awesome to see that he is giving some of the money to Austism Speaks - maybe he is a nice guy after all.

RealitySpinDoc 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealitySpinDoc Click to send private message to RealitySpinDoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Solitary"
Hi there. The first season of Solitary in iTunes this week. Just fyi. Steve

VanillaPale 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-06, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanillaPale Click to send private message to VanillaPale Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Solitary"
Wait a second, I think that I am missing something! Did it already show who won? The last episode I saw, was the one where they had to carry the weights in their backpacks. I must of missed the last episodes. Anyway, who finally won? @~~>~~ -Chelsa

VanillaPale 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-06, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanillaPale Click to send private message to VanillaPale Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Solitary"
My Fiance and I have been watching Solitary! We absolutely love it! They are completely insane for not putting it on Fox. I think it would of truly been a hit! We are totally looking forward to watching the rest of it to see who wins! My Fiance and I personally like the asian guy the best. As of now, I think there are 3 left.....I can't remember what happened with the weights in the back pack round. Anyway, Val is totally relentless..........But all in all, I like him...(I, myself like to think of Val as a "He".) He is very curious...and that is neat to me! Gotta love him! So, who is everyone rooting for???

@~~>~~ -Chelsa

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •