The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Game Show Marathon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-02-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Game Show Marathon"
Anyone catch this? I saw half of the Price is Right episode and all of the Let's Make A Deal episode. Just a few observations:

1. Rikki Lake is no Bob Barker

2. Rikki Lake is no Monte Hall

3. Rikki Lake must have done someone in order to get this gig.

4. Is Lance Bass really a celebrity?

5. Is Paige Davis really a celebrity?

6. Why would Kathy Najimy think that 2 Ford Mustangs cost over $81,000?

7. Brande Roderick is nice to look at but most-likely has not much going on upstairs.

8. Lance Bass most-likely has not much going on upstairs.

9. Gilbert Godfried annoys me as much now as he ever has.

10. Rikki Lake svcks as the host.

Next week is Beat the Clock and Press Your Luck.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Game Show Marathon Snidget 06-02-06 1
 RE: Game Show Marathon Hoobie 06-02-06 2
 RE: Game Show Marathon Bebo 06-02-06 3
   RE: Game Show Marathon bystander 06-02-06 5
       RE: Game Show Marathon Estee 06-02-06 6
 RE: Game Show Marathon Estee 06-02-06 4
 RE: Game Show Marathon Efjendar 06-02-06 7
 RE: Game Show Marathon strid333 06-03-06 8
 RE: Game Show Marathon eire_heart74 06-06-06 9
 Beat the Clock anyone? bystander 06-08-06 10
   RE: Ummm foonermints 06-08-06 11
       RE: Ummm bystander 06-08-06 12
 Get this party started!!!!! bystander 06-15-06 13
   RE: Sorry foonermints 06-15-06 14
 Match Game night. Estee 06-22-06 15
   RE: Match Game night. toddE 06-25-06 16
       RE: Match Game night. bystander 06-26-06 17
       RE: Match Game night. nailbone 06-26-06 18
       RE: Match Game night. NewFan 06-27-06 19
           RE: Match Game night. nailbone 06-29-06 21
 Family Feud Finale! bystander 06-29-06 20
   RE: Family Feud Finale! nailbone 06-29-06 22
   RE: Family Feud Finale! vince3 06-29-06 23
       RE: Family Feud Finale! bystander 06-30-06 24
           RE: Family Feud Finale! nailbone 06-30-06 25
               RE: Family Feud Finale! bystander 06-30-06 26
                   RE: Family Feud Finale! nailbone 06-30-06 27
   RE: Family Feud Finale! Hoobie 07-05-06 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Game Show Marathon"
Woo Hoo, a Summer Show Hawkeye 10 snarky answers thread!!!

1. Rikki Lake is no Bob Barker
Honestly, we didn't really need a show like this to prove that, she demonstrated that long ago

2. Rikki Lake is no Monte Hall
see #1

3. Rikki Lake must have done someone in order to get this gig.
She'll do anything to get off the D-list

4. Is Lance Bass really a celebrity?
Well if there is a D-list it stands to reason there are also E-,F-,G-, etc. list. As long as you stay in the English Alphabet and don't have to go to Greek Letters you are a celebrity...or is that a hurricane, whatever

5. Is Paige Davis really a celebrity?
By law anyone with that much perky in their body has to be a celebrity. It protects the general public from excessive PERC exposure

6. Why would Kathy Najimy think that 2 Ford Mustangs cost over $81,000?
Her passport that allows her to visit the real world got revoked a long time ago

7. Brande Roderick is nice to look at but most-likely has not much going on upstairs.
They drain stuff like that that out of your head as part of the process to get on TV...

8. Lance Bass most-likely has not much going on upstairs.
...and for some people there wasn't anything to drain out in the first place

9. Gilbert Godfried annoys me as much now as he ever has.
Just think what will happen when he gets old enough that any filter on his behavior he has falls out as part of the going senile process

10. Rikki Lake svcks as the host.
Tru Dat

what do you mean this wasn't a Hawkeye post???

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-02-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Game Show Marathon"
Awful, awful, awful. Yet I am watching this, since there is reality TV drought this time of year.

Ricki Lake was abominable. Her jumping up an down with Paige and Kathy, and telling the audience "C'mon you guyyyyys".

She is however on the upswing, and milking it for all she can:
Almost anyone (Kennedy?) would be better!

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1200272,00.html

2004 was a year of changes for Ricki Lake – she decided to end her self-titled talk show after more than a decade and separated from husband Rob Sussman after nine years of marriage.

But today, Lake, 37, is happier than ever. She's settled in Brentwood, Calif., raising sons Milo, 9, and Owen, 4; she's made a quiet return to TV; and she's found a new love in personal trainer Apollo Yiamouyiannis, PEOPLE reports in its new issue.

Since May 31 Lake has been hosting the CBS summer series Game Show Marathon, in which celebs like 'NSYNC's Lance Bass and Kathy Najimy compete for charity in classic game show formats such as Let's Make a Deal and The Price Is Right.

Perhaps more surprising, Lake, who gave birth to Owen at home in a bathtub, has produced a documentary about midwives, which she plans to submit to Sundance this year. "It's the best thing I have ever done," she says.

Maybe a close second. The best may have been choosing a real estate agent who found her not only a rambling five-bedroom home with a pool (prior owner: Courteney Cox) but also introduced her to the Ohio-born Yiamouyiannis, 34.

"He was a godsend because I was in so much pain after the marriage," says Lake of her beau, whom she met shortly after separating from Sussman.

Two years on, "my kids adore Apollo, and my ex-husband absolutely values Apollo in this family," says Lake of Sussman, who lives nearby and shares custody. "I feel I am an example of a positive divorce experience. It was hell going through it, but on the other side I don't have resentment and anger."

Her new relationship works well, in part because Yiamouyiannis is not her trainer. "I don't look over her shoulder – she knows what's healthy and what's not," he says.

That knowledge was hard-won for Lake, who weighed 250 lbs. at age 20, when she originated the role of Tracy Turnblad in 1988's Hairspray.

In 1991 she shed 130 lbs. on a mostly vegetarian diet. Except for pregnancy gain, she's kept it off and is today a size 8.

But staying slim "is an effort," says Lake, who works out four days a week. "I will always have issues with food – it's the card I was dealt. But I'm healthy," she says. "It doesn't get much better than this."

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Game Show Marathon"
I dragged my way through the first episode, but there was no way I was missing Game 7 of the Eastern Conference final to watch that dreck last night.

The moment in the first night that had me ROFL was when Brooke asked whether the trip to Australia was by boat or by plane.

06-02-06, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Game Show Marathon"
Doesn't everyone take a boat to Australia? I know I do everytime I go. A little rowboat, with little oars, and a sail, made from my mom's old bed sheets. Sometimes I lasso a dolphin, with a rope that I braided from stalks of sugar cane and bamboo that I harvested out of my garden, and have him pull me across the ocean.

Kinda proves item 7 from my original list.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Game Show Marathon"
Does every thread have to turn into a Lost discussion?

06-02-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Game Show Marathon"
I may watch the Match Game one 'cause I think it's the format that could work today if they got the right host -- probably on VH1, where all celebrities on that level now go for no apparent reason -- but I don't exactly think Rikki is the right host.

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-02-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Game Show Marathon"
What is the point of having stars play these games? The enthusiasm of regular players getting called to "Come on, down!" is priceless. That is half the fun of watching. Rikki can not fill the shoes of any of these charismatic hosts.

What is a DAW? <------clicky

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-03-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Game Show Marathon"
I watched The Price Is Right episode. I thought it was pretty funny. But I do agree that Ricki Lake sucks as a host.

I hope a fellow Saskatchewanian, Leslie Neilsen, does well!

Three is the perfect number.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-06-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Game Show Marathon"
I just couldn't get over how bad it was! Why do has beens have to be on a game show to begin with? Oh the tv folks have got to come up with something better than this for the summer

Thank god for Netflicks! If I didn't have those coming to me, I dont' know what I would do.

06-08-06, 08:20 AM (EST)
10. "Beat the Clock anyone?"
Ok, this one was actually more entertaining for me. I guess it's because I never really saw the original show so didn't have much to compare it to? I thought the challenges were kinda lame though. They reminded me of something you would find at a family picnic, especially the balloon thingie. Maybe they should have teamed up with the stunt creators of fear factor to bring this show into the 21st century. I found myself yelling at Leslie Nielsen to move faster while putting the caps on the bottles full of Dry Ice and water. Old people, they just don't move fast, even if they are "celebrities".

I still think Rikki Lake svcks as the host of this show though.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ummm"
I remember Beat the Clock. That was FUN.
..but when you're three years old, lots of stuff is fun.

Still torturing yourself with various stinkies until BB or HK? Oh! There's that Treasure thing.
*sniff*

06-08-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ummm"
Fooner, are you trying to seduce me?

They are stinkies. I kinda wanna see Treasure hunters, looks like it could be good. BB - Blech but I'll watch. HK- I'll be there!

06-15-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
13. "Get this party started!!!!!"
It's on! It's on! It's on tonight!!!! Yeah....it seems like its been forever since we were able to watch GSM! Who's with me? Anyone? Hello...o....o....o....o (echo).........

Card Sharks.....8 pm.....Rikki Lake....Be there or Be square!

OK, yeah, I'm desperate for anything new to watch these days so gimme a break. Fooner? You'll tune in won't you? Or are you part of the NBA Nation?

Tribe did me in the sun!

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sorry"
I was busy making ugly sigpics no one wants for Hell's Kitchen.

I should have watched. Instead, I had "The Matrix Reloaded" on. Sheesh. It's a wonder why God hasn't struck me blind.

06-22-06, 08:42 PM (EST)
15. "Match Game night."
Weird. They not only came very close to an exact recreation of the set -- a few more sound effects plus a little more carpet and you could have said 'rebirth' with a straight face -- but they also constructed a typical Match Game panel. Switch out the host and you would have had a legitimate episode of the old show.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-25-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Match Game night."
It was the first time I've watched this show, and Match Game was the bomb!

The celebrity panel was perfect! Kathy for Brett, Bruce for Charles Nelson Reilly, Adrienne in the ingenue spot, Adam Carolla in the Richard Dawson spot, and Betty White in her own spot. Could. not. have. been. better.

Loved it!

06-26-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Match Game night."
You forgot one. Lance Bass in the Clueless Idiot spot.

Tribe did me in the sun!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Match Game night."
Oh, Todd, I SOOOOO disagree!!! The Match Game episode was abysmal!!

The thing that made the original Match Game funny was that the celebrities came up with great, funny, usually risque answers to fill in the blanks. Except for Kathy Griffin, this buncha losers just didn't get it. Their answers were lame, unfunny, and sometimes didn't even make sense. And Bruce just wasted the CNR role completely. Even Betty White was a bit of a let down.

And to add to the original list, Ricki Lake is no Gene Rayburn.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-27-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Match Game night."
Match Game was the first episode I watched for more than a couple of minutes. I loved the original(s) -74, -75, -76 and I was wondering if they had pulled the set out of storage. Very real-looking.

Okay, was Lance Bass a total idiot or what? I could NOT believe his lame answers. "Brush your teeth" !?! And then, to my total shock, George Foreman came up with the same answer!

I missed the "Beat the Clock" episide, but I do remember the original game as well. The challenges were very lame back then too. I had the board game, and it was all sponge balls, sponge blocks and a cardboard spinner.

06-29-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Match Game night."

that's cuz Foreman's an idiot, too.

Sig by Slice

06-29-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
20. "Family Feud Finale!"
Well, Richard Dawson used to kiss all the ladies so I wonder what Rikki has in store for the men?

"We surveyed 100 RTVW Peeps and the top 5 answers are on the board."

1. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........xx
2. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........xx
3. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........xx
4. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........xx
5. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........xx

Question: "How did Rikki Lake get this job?"

Bystander's Guess: "She has a good knowledge of the proper use of knee pads."

Survey Says:

*DING DING DING DING DING*

1. Good use of knee pads!..........69
4. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........xx

Number one answer!!!!!!

What's your guess?

Tribe did me in the sun!

06-29-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Family Feud Finale!"
Admitted to having at least HEARD of some of those game show.

Sig by Slice

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Family Feud Finale!"
I think she had blackmail info on the producers.

I also think that they were afraid she'd destroy all of the other celebs, so she's hosting rather than playing.

It happens to be on now, both Kathy and Brande were on "Family Feud" before: Kathy during Richard's reign, and Brande with her "Baywatch" cast during Louie's dismal days.

The set is like the classic "Feud", but the survey board looks like they're using the modern "Feud"'s digital board but it's set up like the classic survey board looked like.

06-30-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Family Feud Finale!"
Good guess Vince!

1. Good use of knee pads!..........69
4. Blackmail on Producers.......... 6

Kinda disappointing ending to a disappointing show. A better host could've raised the whole level of this thing to mediocre!

06-30-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Family Feud Finale!"
Hey!! What about my guess?!?!?

Sig by Slice

06-30-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Family Feud Finale!"
***NASTY BUZZER SOUND***

X

FIRST STRIKE!

06-30-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Family Feud Finale!"
Damn.

Sig by Slice

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-05-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Family Feud Finale!"
Ricki is the absolute worst. Did everyone notice when someone gave an answer that she didn't like (on Family Feud especially, but on all of them really), she would have this really condescending look on her face like, "Ooookayyyy, NOT!", and then sarcastically ask, "can we see XYZ".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •