The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Diane's friends revisited"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-01, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Diane's friends revisited"
It looks to me like the mallrats have followed the Jerri alliance mistake and voted off a physical asset. Purhapse it will come back to haunt them like it did the Ogakor tribe. I haven't decided yet what info to rely on this week to spoil the show, from the lack of evidence and misdirection we've gotten the last couple of weeks, I'm hesitant to rely on anything from MB productions. Then again, to prove his superior gamesmanship, he may decide to lay the answer in our laps and see if we out think ourselves electing to pass up the easy pick and go for a more obscure pick. At the moment I'm inclined to go with the info provided by DangerKitty who I think we could all agree is NOT a MB disinformation agent and say Kelly goes this week.

Having said all that, since Carls departure I can't stop thinking about Diane's list of email buddies. I initially dismissed it because I was so sure Carl would make it atleast to the merge, and thus not have any real chance to bond with Diane. Now that Carl has been kicked back to Loser Lodge with Diane and Jessie, I think we should reconsider Diane's list:

Carl/Theresa/Linda/Lindsey/Silas.

As I understand the process, the contestants are not allowed to talk, or in any other way interact with the other contestants until they are dropped off in Boreneo/Australia/Kenya. Players kicked out before the merge are never allowed to interact with any of the Jury members. (I'm not sure what happens with the person kicked out right after the merge, but I think they also are among the Loser Lodge people and aren't allowed to interact with the Jury either).

So, how much stock if any do we put in Diane's email list? Is it the boot list for Sambura (I think it's interesting Jessie's - her teammate and safari buddy is not on the list). I think We've got 3 more folks to kick out premerge, and 1 post merge for a total of 4 for Diane to hangout with. This matches up well with Diane's email list. (although I think Lindsey & Silas have a relationship that goes beyond just teammates so, if Lindsey & Silas remain together after the show, Diane could get to know one at Loser Lodge and the other after the show). - Thus allowing the addition of 1 Boran name to the list above.

Several folks last week were saying "no way do the Boran's lose 4 challenges in a row". And the same criticism holds here, could the Sambura really lose 4 immunity challenges in a row or 3 out of 4 if I'm right about the Lindsey/Silas relationship? Sambura losing 4 out of 4 is unlikely (although 3 out of 4 is possible) unless MB wanting to show us the importance of tribal loyalty/unity, starts using challenges that favor Boran (we have been told that this season rely's on many more physical challenges than in the past). Too, if the relationship exists between Lindsey/Silas that I think does, then we could take Lindsey or Silas off the boot list and add 1 Boran.

so consider the boot order of:

episode 4 Kelly (DangerKitty info is the local CBS affiliates last chance to milk the hometown girl before she's booted)
episode 5 Theresa (biggest challenge liability of the geriatrics)
episode 6 Linda (Has to be her or Frank, and Linda's in your face manner is too much for Lindsey)
-- merge --
episode 7 tribes merge 5-5 Lindsey (Frank jumps ship gives Boran the "prior vote" info.

There are certainly other permutations to this, but I think the core argument still stands, Diane's email list indicates over the next 4 episodes Linda & Theresa are certainly getting the boot & either Lindsey and/or Silas are getting the boot.

If that's the case, we just have to figure out the order.

Yeah, I know easier said than done.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Diane's friends revisited Outfrontgirl 10-28-01 1
   RE: Diane's friends revisited mavsfan 10-28-01 2
       RE: Diane's friends revisited Mitrelleum 10-28-01 3
   RE: Diane's friends revisited AmberFan126 10-28-01 5
 RE: Diane's friends revisited Distrait 10-28-01 4
   RE: Diane's friends revisited Krautboy 10-28-01 6
       RE: Diane's friends revisited Outfrontgirl 10-28-01 7
       RE: Diane's friends revisited Loree 10-30-01 9
 Other list's? bondt007 10-29-01 8
   RE: Other list's? Loree 10-30-01 10
   RE: Other list's? Stairway2Dayton 10-30-01 13
 just a small point dabo 10-30-01 11
   RE: just a small point sleeeve 10-30-01 12
       RE: just a small point dabo 10-30-01 14
       Couple more points on friends' quot... Outfrontgirl 10-31-01 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-01, 03:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Diane's friends revisited"
Mavsfan,
Like you, I thought Carl was around for awhile and dismissed the Diane list, but am now taking it more seriously.

There's an explanation of why the list is all Samburu and not Boran. The list is from D's chat; I was there live, and when asked the question about keeping in contact, she said, Well, from Samburu, and then the list we have... and instead of continuing with names she said pretty much everyone, even Clarence.

So she was simply going to list the Samburus first and then the Borans, and probably somebody thunked her upside the head at the point and she went into "most everybody." I'm sure she added Clarence's name because she had been making the point on the Early Show that they had no hard feelings. I'm sure she would have said Jessie if she had gotten to the point of listing Boran.

Also the question was not, who do you like or who are your friends, but who have you kept in touch with?

Nevertheless, I begin to think that she started out with the Samburus who came to mind first--and they were likely the ones she spent time with. We now know that Diane, Jessie, and Carl went on safari together--I'm starting to wonder if all six pre-merge people went together, or maybe the new ones were flown to join the safari in progress...

If all the people on her list were pre-jury, that would mean the next four boots are Samburu. Seems very unlikely. I do find it interesting that she didn't mention Frank after running through his three allies. That might indicate he goes far.

I wouldn't be surprised if Teresa and Linda got booted by the Xers pre-merge, and then Lindsey goes first at the merge due to illness. If Silas gets booted by the Xers before merge, that will be a twist for sure. He's their strongest asset.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-01, 04:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Diane's friends revisited"
I'm wasn't a big fan of the "who are your friends" or "who do you keep in touch with" type of questions for spoiler purposes for SII, but at the moment I think I'm more inclined to rely on them for SIII than on MB controlled previews/promos.

I know the contestants have likely been coached by MB about how to answer questions, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the contestants were only half paying attention when/if MB explained to them the value/reason for disinformation. MB has his reasons for disinformation - to thwart spoilers from NBC, ABC, Boston Herald, SurvivorBlows what ever. The contestants on the other hand are likely experiencing atleast a modest level of fame for the moment and want to maximize their 15 minutes of fame. In short, I think MB is far more serious about feeding us red herrings than are most of the players. For this reason I think the less media savvy a player is, the more likely they are to slip up and giveaway something they shouldn't have. If Diane answered with "Carl/Linda/Theresa/Lindsey/Silas, well pretty much everyone even Clarence", then I think we may be seeing a moment where her mouth kicks in before her brain engages. She reflexively answers Carl et al, and then remembers oh yeah MB said something about staying vague - and finishing up with the "pretty much everyone even Clarence" company line.

Like I said, until Carl got the boot, I disregarded this line of thinking all together.

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-28-01, 05:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Diane's friends revisited"
Carl's comments about being "surrounded by beautiful women" on the Safari supports the theory that Kelly, Linda or Teresa may be booted in the next 3 episodes. But I don't know if he would say that about Lindsey.
Go Boran!

AmberFan126 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-28-01, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AmberFan126 Click to send private message to AmberFan126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Diane's friends revisited"
On the Frank issue...I think she just doesn't LIKE Frank. Would that be so strange? I mean, no one does really. And remember. Diane said that she liked the Samburu tribe when they first got dropped off. So, perhaps she just forced herself upon them as a friend after the show, and now calls them friends. You'll remember Mitchell said he was friends with Jerri and Amber. Amber lasted a good 21 days longer than Mitchell. I know they were all from Ogakor, but I am just a little wary of this information. It does not make sense to see this and say that Samburu will now lose everything til the merge. It just seems unlikely to me. What seems even MORE unlikely is that she would list her friends in order of their getting booted from the game. She can't be THAT dumb. Carl was the first one, true, but that would make sense if she met him first. Anyways, it's all just speculation, right? =)

Distrait 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-28-01, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Distrait Click to send private message to Distrait Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Diane's friends revisited"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-01 AT 09:13 AM (EST)

short time lurker!
I love this forum, I have never seen so many creative minds in one place! One thing I'd like to add is that in the insider clips the Samburu youngsters don't think Theresa is very trustworthy.
Just wanted to add my two cents.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-28-01, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Diane's friends revisited"
Welcome Distrait! Hope you'll become more vocal... I also like to hang around this board because it makes me feel more creative being surrounded by so many creative minds. This season logic hasn't helped much, so creative writing is all we have...

So, are you suggesting that the Title for EP4 "The Young and Untrusted" could be referring to the Samburu, with the Gen-xers as the "young" and Teresa as the "Untrusted"?

Or does MB just like to pick titles that could describe either tribe, as is the case this week with Kelly and Clarence also meeting the definition of "young" Kelly and "Untrusted" Clarence?

Krautboy

10-28-01, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Diane's friends revisited"
Krautboy and Distrait--
On the Ep4/5 preview thread I suggested the same possibility as distrait, that Teresa could be the untrusted--perhaps by both alliances now that her original allies are in minority.
DK has some ideas there as well. I thought your reading of this applied to Boran was extremely clever as I said on the thread where you posted it.

And yes, sounds right to me that MB would want it to apply to both tribes. After last week, I resolved to "trust" his previews about as far as... well, NOT. They are written to deceive. I am going to try to use common sense a little more this time, and go by what we "know" of the tribal dynamics, their current strength and the challenges.

I think it's quite likely, however, that Carl gets another woman to join him on safari. I too doubt that it's Lindsey. As for "beautiful," I wouldn't put that adjective too much to the test. Jessie is gorgeous, and he would have to be gentlemanly and include the others...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Diane's friends revisited"
"Young & Untrusted" is probably just another CBS play on words with one of their soaps. If Survivor was on NBC we would probably be getting "Days of our Lions" or some other phrase.

MB is really getting on my nerves this season.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-29-01, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Other list's?"
Seeing that I, and most of us, dismissed Diane's list, has anyone paid much attention to a "list" from Jessie or Carl? I know Carl just was tossed and may not have made all of the rounds yet, but if there are ANY names mentioned from Jessie or Carl, it might be a good connection.
I will check around various sites and see if there is anything...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Other list's?"
Carl has mentioned that he wished he had the opportunity to have known Kim P better. (We saw him admiring her in her buff on the Survivor Insider clips). But what made me wonder was that if Kim was kicked off before the jury Carl should have had time to talk with Kim P on one of those safaris. So I think she may make it till at least the jury. Her and Silas seem close and Lindsay might be getting hurt.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-01, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Other list's?"
Jessie specifically mentioned Tom, Carl and Kelly in her EW interview.

S2D

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "just a small point"
After the first Survivor MB instituted a policy of not allowing anyone to go home before the final TC. In Australia all of the cast (I believe) attended the wrap party and got to socialize with one another at that point. The same policy was probably followed in Africa, MB learned the value of not having these people be strangers to one another when they got home.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-01, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: just a small point"
This is true, dabo... BUT...

MB also has a policy that people that are voted off before the jury cannot interact with any members of the jury until after the final vote is cast.

Thus, someone voted off pre-jury would not have the opportunity to get to know someone voted off post-jury nearly as well.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: just a small point"
Yes, I understand about the pre-jury being separated from the final nine until production wraps, but all 16 can interact after wrap, attend the wrap party, spend a day or so together and then return home in a group or groups together; each would have plenty of time to gather everyone's email and then they had over a month of being able to get to know each other via email. I'm not out to discount anyone's theories, I just felt this was a factor that should be taken into account.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

10-31-01, 01:55 AM (EST)
15. "Couple more points on friends' quotes"
1) I caught the last 20 minutes of Carl's live chat, and was present for the Kim P comment alluded to above. He was asked about regrets/missed opportunities while IN the game, and he said not really getting to know Kim. Then he talked about why it wasn't even possible to get close to the other GenXers. The sense is that Kim had alliance potential, given time, in his mind. The comment was in no way about whom he got to know after he was booted. If he gave a list earlier in the chat, I have not heard it. He mentioned Jessie and Diane on the Early Show.

2) Jessie's list (above) said of Boran that she loved Tom, kept in constant touch with Lex and Ethan, and that Kelly had sent her a book on law school. KimJ, whom Jessie didn't like, not mentioned. Good things about getting to know Diane on safari.
Her interaction with Kelly sounds weak in comparison to the guys and her bonding with Diane on safari. Sounds more like Kelly felt guilty for voting Jessie off and sent her a guilt present--not like they bonded after the game. It seems to me if Kelly had gone on safari with Jessie there would have been more between them, as they liked each other in the game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •