The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

rudyismy daddy 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-25-01, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rudyismy%20daddy Click to send private message to rudyismy%20daddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
Would it be in the mallrats best interest to throw the rest of the immunity challenges until merge and canabalize their tribe by getting rid of the Old Folks?? Because we know the first thing any of the old folks are going to do when the merge happens is side with Boran. With the 6/4 split in favor of Boran the mallrats might have a better chance of befriending one of the younger members of Boran to side with them. Clarence would do anything to save his hiney at that point.Im sure many of you will poo poo this theory but hey it is a thought.

Come in a stranger, Leave a little stranger

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... Bungler 10-25-01 1
 RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... Loree 10-25-01 2
   RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... cowboyroo 10-26-01 3
       RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... Bobbystareyes 10-26-01 4
       RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... SurvivorBlows 10-26-01 5
           RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... Naked 10-26-01 6
               RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... PagongRatEater 10-26-01 7
                   RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... SurvivorBlows 10-26-01 9
           RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... lroy 10-26-01 11
               Twist dangerkitty 10-27-01 13
                   RE: Twist starshyn99 10-30-01 15
 RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... AresMars 10-26-01 8
   RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... SurvivorBlows 10-26-01 10
   RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... AmberFan126 10-27-01 12
       RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... Loree 10-30-01 14
           RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their... Blueville 10-30-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-25-01, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
rudyismy daddy -- I don't know if it's in their best interests, but I think we have a clear possibility for the Ep 5 "twist" here. Let's say Samburu loses IC in Ep 4. Wouldn't be too shocking, and Linda acting like a crazy woman (she's the one I'm already putting my chips on as being the one who's "cracking under the pressure," as the preview suggests) so her walk of shame wouldn't be any surprise. But then in Ep 5, if Samburu loses again and it becomes evident that the Mall Rats are throwing challenges to get rid of their geezer counterparts, then we officially have a new wrinkle in the game. No tribe has ever deliberately cannibalized their own members BEFORE the merge. That would definitely count as a twist in my book.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-01, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
The problem for Samburu is that they really have no idea how united or split that Boran is. They don't know if they will all vote as a block when they merge or if they will be looking to hook up against each other.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-26-01, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
I'm starting to think the twist in Episode 5 might be that Samburu loses again next week, then Boran loses and there is a 3way tie....That would put a twist on the twist we just saw. Boran members have talked about not being able to trust each other, so everyone could be "vote for this one", "vote for that one", etc, and we could end up with a 3way 2-2-2 tie.

I think cannibalism would be foolish for the Samburu youngsters...they would go into merge 6-4...the oldies from their tribe are still better off sticking with their tribemates...

I'm waiting for something interesting to happen with Theresa....While the other three old Sambies were trashing the mallrats, you never see Theresa say anything....I think she is a smart player and will know how to stay in the game.

Bobbystareyes 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-26-01, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobbystareyes Click to send private message to Bobbystareyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
In a 3-way tie Clarence would be out by virtue of his previous votes

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-01, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
A three way tie would be too simple -- assuming Clarence is one of the three, he goes.

If not, then now, having seen Ep 3, we already know what would happen -- a three-way survival quiz. After tonight, at least to me, that would no longer be a "twist."

Let's not suddenly forget the Lindsey gets sick rumors -- maybe something happens and she has to leave the game, putting the OFA (I have "offically" designated that the Older Folks Alliance, but I did see someone calling it the "Old Farts Alliance" in another thread ) back on the same level playing field as the GXA (Gen-X Alliance, yes, that's a new "official" term I just coined... sue me, it's one of the few perks that comes with being webmaster)

Asuuming no Lindsey illness that removes her from the game, right now I'm thinking Brandon, Lindsey, Silas, and Kim are obviously looking pretty good for the merge (even if they lose the remaining 3 challenges, the Gen-X'rs have 3 OFA'rs they can certainly sacrifice.)

The only question to me is whether Silas might defect to the OFA. but if you think about it -- right not there is nothing for him to gain by doing so (either way, unless he's betrayed, he's going to make the merge.)

So basically there's ZERO reason for Silas to leave the GXA (Gen-X Alliance) before the merge. Barring a Linsdey illness, defecting before the merge would only needlessly tarish the public reputation of this wanna-be Hollywood actor (and if he is smart, he's learned from Jerri.)

Once the merge happens though, all bets are off -- a GXA alliance with only 4 is still not likely to get far in a tribe of 10. For the GXA to last in the merged tribe they are going to have to pick up another member or two. Right now I believe that that member is DEFINITELY not going to be Frank. It might be Teresa (from the Insider clips, the girls seem pretty comfortable with her, but then again, they also SEEMED TO LOVE CARL -- damn sneaky those GXA'rs.) I think it's not likely to be Linda either.

If they want to have any chance of getting to the Final Four, the GXA either should unite with the remaining OFA (however many there may be) post-merger or watch the OFA defect to the Borans and get picked off one-by-one.

The GXA's only other option would be to throw the remaining three challenges, wipe out the OFA, and then try and grab someone like CLARENCE (remember, he's only 24 as well,) KELLY or MAMAKIM -- but that assumes they have any clue about BORAN's politics, and that is HIGHLY unlikely. It also assumes that a Boran member would see some benefit in defecting -- let's face it, both groups are large, so being the 5th or 6th member of either the GXA or the BORAN post-merger tribe is not going to get you any further. No matter which of the two alliances you join, barring an immunity win or some alliance fracture, you're still going to only make the Top 5 or 6, so where is the incentive to defect?

The bottom line is a 4 member GXA is not going to get far in the post-merge tribe -- if they don't unite with the remaining OFA or supplement their ranks with disgruntled Borans, they are still toast.

And even if they DO unite with the remaining OFA, they still will never know whether they can trust the OFA to not defect to the Borans. ...and that's going to be a one hell of a ##### of a thing to have weighting on your shoulders 24/7 for the entire length of the merged tribe.

The bottom line is (to steal a line from Jiffy) this game just go a whole lot more interesting tonight... but I'm still more excited about S4 (back to the island -- tropic scenes! plentiful fruits! wild animals that you can hunt! fishing! ...finally, enough of these "wasteland" Survivor series.)

-SB

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-26-01, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
Absolutely not. Remeber that the last seven people voted off are voting for who should win the money. It behoves the GenX alliance to make long term relationships with the now undermanned OFA's to put themselves in a position to win the final pot. Anyone can go on an immunity run at the end, and the last thing you want is a tribe of 1 Sambura and 5 Borans selecting between a Sambura or a Boran to win.
Naked

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-01, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
But, if you are one of the OFAs is there any reason why YOU wouldn't throw the challenges? They have nothing to gain by helping this tribe and might as well save their energy and go home. I think that a couple of them might be so bitter about this split that they would want to make sure that no one from the GXA wins a dime - or perhaps that's just the vengeful Italian in me talking.

10-26-01, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
Pagong, I can see the idea that the remaining OFA would not have much of a reason not to win the challenges, but if they do, that would be EXTREMELY shortsighted.

Even if they succeed in losing all three remaining challenges, all they have done is succeed in eliminating themselves. They still have no guarantee that the GXA will not be able to steal a member of two of Boran.

The BEST WAY for the OFA to guarantee the demise of the GXA is to help the GXA win a couple of challenges, make it to the merge, and then DEFECT to the Borans. That way they guarantee the GXA has no chance to win, plus, as an EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS the remaining members get to personally be part of the end of the GXA (and outlast them in the process.)

For the OFA to toss in the towel for challenges right now would be extremely foolish -- anything can still happen, including a Lindsey departure due to illness that would suddenly make it either alliance's game again!

-SB

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-26-01, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
OK, not to be a total doof, but what if the "twist" is what removes Lindsey from the game. A twisted ankel, arm etc. would make it pretty hard to compete in RC & IC.
Just my $.02.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-27-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Twist"
This is interesting - I posted in the Ep 4 & 5 Preview thread(post #16) about other meanings for "dismiss" in the Ep 5 "The Twist" poem. The idea of Lindsey twisting an ankle or something goes with that, too - and it fits with the foreshadowing of the scenes of her kicking the tree branch as hard as she could, then collapsing from dehydration, and of Linda saying "she says she is so strong ...she's not so strong." It also would make the "dismiss" verbage fit - she wouldn't have been the one voted out by her tribe otherwise, but because she is injured (not badly enough to be removed by the producers ala Skupin, but badly enough to weaken the tribe), the others (all it would take is one GXA vote, or they all might even agree) decide that she has to be the one to go, EVEN IF SHE DOESN"T WANT TO. That would be another kind of twist - the alliance doesn't vote as they normally would, because of that.

We are desperate for clues this season! Hey, anything is possible...

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Twist"
I heard an interview with Jeff Probst on the Bob and Tom Radio Show that no members of the cast were injured badly this year and that no one had to leave the tribes. (He did say that 2 crew members were badly injured and had to be evacuated, but no cast members.)

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-26-01, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
The Mallrats are screwing their own chances by voting off their strength.
If any oldtimers are around after the merge they'd be fools not to try to throw in with Boran which is bad news for the Mallrats.
The more of their strength that the Rats vote off between now and the merge will will only cost them more IC's and I'll give on odds that these useless pukes won't win to many chanllenges after the merge.
It slays me how nobody ever plays the game correctly. You don't vote of strength this early. If I were the oldtimers I'd realize my days are numbered and start throwing challenges to ensure the Mallrats get what's coming to them from Boran.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

10-26-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-01 AT 02:42 PM (EST)

As far as strength goes, they voted off ONE "strong" guy -- and for good reason, he seemed to be the mastermind of the OFA. I doubt Frank will be their next target, if he is, then you can make case they are voting off strength, but right now I believe all you can say is that they voted off the head of the OFA (who also happened to be one of the tribe's strongest members.)

As I mentioned in the other reply, it would be extremely shortsighted of the OFA to throw the challenges.

On the other hand, it might be in the GXA's best interest to throw the challenges -- the GXA probably has a better chance of convincing a Boran to join with them (especially if there are 6 Borans to 4 Samburu) than they have of convincing the remaining OFA to return. Think about it -- if there are 6 Boran in the merged tribe, then, knowing that they are the "Boran outsider," it would be in the best interests of the 6th Boran (Clarence?) to defect from the Boran's to the OFA. Such a defection would not only free the defector from the his/her detractors, but it would also likely get them further in the game -- you'd think at least from 6th place to at least 5th place.

(of course, this doesn't take into account the potential for double-crossing within alliances, like Amber and Jerri experienced in S2. There's nothing to say that, for example, the 6th member of the Boran in the merged tribe wouldn't be booted as soon as the Boran's cut the GXA to only 3 members. ...or that the GXA wouldn't cut the Boran defector loose as soon as there were only 3 other Borans.)

-SB

AmberFan126 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-27-01, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AmberFan126 Click to send private message to AmberFan126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
I don't think the youngers were unwise at all. From the previews, Teresa seems to have attached herself at the hip with them. Now they just need to lose two challenges, let loose Linda then Frank, and they'll be fine. Teresa doesn't SEEM like the kind to jump ship and vote off her former tribesmates. Carl was indeed a wise choice, and I think editing is covering how smart the younger alliance really is at this point.

On the issue of Lindsey getting sick...isn't that really just speculative? I mean, did survivornews.net ever provide CONCRETE evidence that she is going to leave. And, if it is that date, wouldn't that mean she leaves around when Nick or Amber left last season? I could be wrong, but I don't think that date in filming was anytime incredibly soon.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
I definitely think the GenXers were smart to get rid of Carl. He was the leader of the OFA. Frank is not that likeable and Linda seems to be going bonkers with her Mother Africa. I do think Teresa would jump ship to the GenXers if it suits her purpose. Carl held them all together. And he was dumb to do so much talking that he told them about his wealth and cars. He wanted to be liked and needed for his stories. But I think his big mouth is what hurt him.

Carl has said he went on safari with Jessie and Diane. Then he said he was surrounded by beautiful women on the safaris. Doesn't sound like Frank was along on the safaris. I'm guessing a couple women are the next booted. Linda seems the obvious choice for Samburu. And MamaKim or Kelly from Boran.

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueville Click to send private message to Blueville Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Should Sumburu canabalize their tribe?"
>Linda seems the obvious choice for Samburu.

Exactly why I don't trust MB. He set her up for it in this week's previews. Mother Africa has taken on a scarlett color and a fishy smell!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •