The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Some inside scoop on Kelly"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-19-01, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Some inside scoop on Kelly"
I have a friend who is a teacher where Kelly went to Jr. High/High School. I had dinner with her tonight and learned the following:

Kelly was NOT Homecoming Queen. She was part of the Homecoming Court her freshman year. I note that the CBS bio says she was "Class Homecoming Queen". She was also Senior Class President but not Student Body President, as some have said.

People who know her were shocked to hear she was on Survivor, as she is as far from an "outdoorswoman" as you can get. Definitely a princess. She didn't even go on the Sophmore class camping trip to Yosemite.

She is in fact very bright, and was well-liked. Definitely part of the elite "in-crowd", even within a school full of "in-kids". Likes to be the center of attention. In a school full of rich kids, she never had to deal with people of any other class/social status/financial status but her own.

Okay, all that's very interesting and may or may not be useful at this point. Here is my actual spoiler info: Her chemistry teacher/advisor was called for an interview a while back, by one of the morning shows. He did the interview, and has been told that it will air on FRIDAY NOV. 2. Possible sign of a Nov. 1 boot?

My friend did not know if this was a national or local show. She will find out for sure and let me know, and I will pass it on.

Kelly appeared at the high school homecoming pep rally today, and got a bigger cheer than the football team.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Wow AyaK 10-19-01 1
   RE: Wow SurvivorBlows 10-20-01 2
       RE: Wow ItzLisa 10-21-01 11
   Boran loses next 2 weeks? mavsfan 10-20-01 3
       RE: Boran loses next 2 weeks? Slymmer 10-20-01 4
           RE: Boran loses next 2 weeks. mavsfan 10-20-01 6
 RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly fru 10-20-01 5
   RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly SurvivorBlows 10-20-01 9
 RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly PepeLePew13 10-20-01 7
 Couple of comments... dangerkitty 10-20-01 8
   RE: Couple of comments... AmberFan126 10-20-01 10
       RE: Couple of comments... Slymmer 10-21-01 12
           RE: Comments on LJCDS kellyfan1 10-21-01 13
       RE: Couple of comments... Lisapooh 10-22-01 14
       RE: Couple of comments... MC_Hampster 10-22-01 16
       RE: Couple of comments... Bebo 10-22-01 17
 RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly Tinkerbell 10-22-01 15
   RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly NightScribe 10-22-01 18
 One thought AyaK 10-22-01 19
   RE: One thought turtle 10-23-01 20
   RE: One thought MC_Hampster 10-23-01 21
   RE: One thought SurvivorBlows 10-23-01 22
 If I remember correctly... LadyT 10-23-01 23
   RE: If I remember correctly... dabo 10-31-01 24
 RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly mavsfan 10-31-01 25
   Feature AyaK 10-31-01 26
       RE: Feature PepeLePew13 10-31-01 27
       Yes there is a feature advertised dangerkitty 10-31-01 28
           RE: Yes there is a feature advertis... dabo 10-31-01 29
           RE: Yes there is a feature advertis... Outfrontgirl 10-31-01 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-01, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Wow"
If the interview is with a New York morning show, I'd think this means that there is a very real chance of a Kelly boot the night before (so that she can be asked about the clip while she's on-air).

But that's only two weeks away, and I figured that Mama Kim would go before she did. Can Boran really get hammered that badly? If so, Boran dumping their fresh water during the trek to their campsite will have to go down as the single dumbest act ever pulled by anybody on a reality show (even worse than Popeye Toni's fit on Love Cruise)!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-01, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wow"
I also think Mama Kim goes before Kelly... just her youth gives her an edge as a stronger competitor in the guy's eyes (especially after Mama's stumble in the Ep 2 IC.)

Sure, Clarence is a jerk, but as they keep losing challenges the guys are going to get more and more desperate to actually win a challenge and will keep him around.

Have any of the CBS morning show day after interviews EVER featured footage of the bootee's relative/friend/etc. commenting on them? I've never seen that in any of the ones that I have seen.

Keep digging DK!

-SB

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-21-01, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wow"
>Sure, Clarence is a jerk, but as they keep losing challenges the guys are going to get more and more desperate to actually win a challenge and will keep him around.

*** Agree - As a woman, I hate to say this, but the women on Boran have been nothing but a liability so far - not so much Kelly, but Diane, Mama Kim and Jessie have put a serious hurtin' on Boran's chances. Again, I hate to say it, but I can certainly see why, in this case, the guys would align against the girls. In Samburu, the Age Alliance seems to be more of an issue of resentment - it's not that Lindsey, Brandon and Kim aren't young and strong - they are, they just choose not to use it. They're in far less of a desperate situation than Boran is.

The only thing that would make me think it's NOT correct to assume too much into the Nov. 2 interview airdate meaning a Nov. 1st boot is how many people all assumed too much of the same thing during S2. Remember the release of Keith's cookbook waaaay early, before the merge? The main stream of thinking was that the release was coincided with his boot from Ogakor - and of course, that never happened. His cookbook was languishing unsold on the shelves for months before Tina and Colby sent him packing in the final episode! I mean, not that a Nov. 1 boot doesn't look likely, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate based on what we've seen before.

HI, SILAS!!!

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-20-01, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Boran loses next 2 weeks?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-01 AT 01:46 AM (EST)

Assuming Mammakim goes first, and they still have to boot Kelly in two weeks, then Boran loses THIS WEEK TOO!

I think this means the "injury" (red herring?) Lindsey has next week isn't enough to leave the game. I was already suspecting Lindseys injury was not all it was cracked up to be, but now I'm really suspicious.

Great info DK!

Slymmer 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-20-01, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Slymmer Click to send private message to Slymmer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Boran loses next 2 weeks?"
Assuming too much there? It is possible that they loose the next two and would be forever know as the tribe that never should have been. Already that is being said around the world but Samburu could loose this week (bye bye Brandon) and then Boran could loose the following week and Kelly who is already self admittedly the new weakest link in Boran goes the following week keeping the battle of the sexes alive and well inside Boran, using MamaKim as a Wild Card and Clarence still as the Bean Theif Pawn, all being controlled by the L-E-T (Lex-Ethan-Tom) alliance. The only real Question in Boran is when will the L-E-T decide that their Pawn has become expendable and will it be too late? Giving CB a chance to Run a string of IC wins Post Merger allowing him to jump ship from Boran Start knocking off his former Team mates and thus Expunging his own Theft record?? Could he possibly win so many IC in fact that he makes the Final 4? This is the new Golden Number to make it to the final show. Could he even Possibly then become admired by his former tribe as the man who really OUT PLAYED, OUT WITTED, and Then OUT SURVIVES them all. and takes home the cool million???? (Egads I hope not I really hate the guy.) But then again now I am assuming too much. But it is all in fun and it is POSSIBLE.

10-20-01, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Boran loses next 2 weeks."
I'm suggesting Boran loses the next 2 weeks based the DK's info which indicates Kelly gets the ax in 2 weeks. Outside of the extremely foolish "let's dump the water" move Boran has shown atleast a modestly competent colective IQ by voting out weak tribe members they like instead of strong members that they are upset with.

About half way thru episode 2 Tom says "A couple people have been weak, and there ain't nothing we can do about that. When ya got 2 freeloaders, it hurt's.

So who are the freeloaders? I can't imagine Tom saying this about Lex or Ethan. I also think Clarence is out of the question, since the "bean incident" he isn't missing any chance to pitch in and help the other guys.

This just leaves the girls. Jessie's the easy one, but which is the other mommaKim or Kelly? I just reviewed episode 2 (in fast forward so I could have blinked and missed something), but I saw a couple of instances during the 3 days it covere, where Kelly was at the very least collecting firewood. I didn't see mommaKim doing any work at all.

MommaKim suggested dumping the water, MommaKim stumbled at the reward challenge, MommaKim appears to be viewed as a freeloader by Tom.

If Boran continues to vote smart, MommaKim leaves before Kelly. If DangerKitty is right, and her info indicates Kelly leaves
Nov 1 (2 weeks from now), then MommaKim is leaving
Oct 25 (next week).

fru 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-20-01, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fru Click to send private message to fru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly"
This was posted on the iii board. It gives a different impression of Kelly than what you are writing. It will be interesting to see which one is correct.

I went to high school with Kelly at La Jolla Country Day School, and I would put money on her lasting a very long time in this game. Our school was relatively small, 70-80 people in each class, but Kelly was well-liked by everyone (teachers, faculty, and students of all ages/classes/backgrounds). I guess you could say she was in the "popular" crowd and she partied all the time, but she didn't limit herself to a single circle of friends -- like I said, she was well-liked by everyone.
Whether or not she truly enjoys, "manipulating men," she is far from being "fake" and she never acted like a "spoiled lil rich girl." On the contrary, she was one of the most straightforward people I knew in high school! Sometimes she would come across as an "airhead," but when she got down to business you had no doubt that she was an extremely intelligent girl (not just booksmarts either).

Based on my friendship with her (granted we haven't talked much since graduation), the image she was trying to portray in her profile and audition video isn't her at all. She is crazy (which explains the cheerleader uniform in a bar), but she is *not* an outright #####, which was the first impression that I got from reading her profile.

Her parents were interviewed on our local radio station if anyone is interested ---- http://www.histar.com/djs/jeff_jer/jeff_jer_main.shtml

10-20-01, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly"
Hi Fru, thanks for sharing...

Personally, though I don't see that much of a different impression painted in the two posts, other than the "not a spoiled rich girl" denial (which I'm not sure DK was even impling in her posting.)

But, let's keep in mind that the Siii posting is from ANOTHER STUDENT. La Jolla Country Day School is a private school for very well to do families. The school costs $12,400 a year for high school.

I'd be very curious as to how the Sii poster defines "all ages/classes/backgrounds" (particularly the backgrounds and classes parts, since something tells me that other than old money, new money, and dotcom money, this school doesn't have much diversity.) The website says this year $898,000 in aid was provided to 125 students. Assuming an average enrollment per grade of 75 students, that means 87% of the student body is there within any financial aid (that's assuming 75 a head from kindergarten to grade 12.) That's about nine kids a grade who are receiving any financial aid -- I question how diverse any class is going to be with that setup.

Anyways, my only point is that beyond that, both posts seems to paint the same impression -- very smart, very well liked and popular.

I don't think DK's "princess" comment as aimed at describing her as a "spoiled lil rich girl" but just at describing she's certainly a bit pampered and not much of a outdoorswoman.

Also given that La Jolla Day School is full of the children of rich parents, I put more trust in a TEACHER's ability to identify how a student relates to the rest of socienty than in ANOTHER STUDENT (who is likely the child of a rich parent themselves) doing so (like anything else, spoiled rich kids generally don't recognize that they -- or their peers -- are in fact spoiled rich kids.)

-SB

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-01, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly"
This is great stuff, DK, and I would be very interested in seeing how this play out in relation to what's going on the tube.

My question, though, is whether MB is too smart for something like this - would he allow one of the morning shows to have information that could lead to someone getting booted an episode or two ahead? I wonder if this would simply be a "how kelly's doing" interview, but of course, telling him to watch for it on Nov. 2nd is interesting. I'm also surprised that this person would be announcing to others he's got an interview planned on such a date.

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

10-20-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Couple of comments..."
Just to clarify:

I agree with Webby, it's unlikely to be an interview with The Early Show or any national show. My guess is that it will be a local show. The Nov. 2 air date seems to at least tell us that Kelly is not NEXT weeks boot - but since it seems clear that MamaKim would go before Kelly anyway, that may not be much help. Other than, it IS MamaKim next week and not a Samburu. On a local show, it could indeed be an "update" on a local girl in the game, as opposed to a post-boot wrap up. Could go either way, I know.

As to whoever quoted the person from SSucks about Kelly (sorry, I don't remember your screen name right now!), I think that it actually matches up fine with what I heard. She was well-liked, yes. The "princess" description was more that she has had things pretty easy - which Kelly herself said on the show. It wasn't an "attitude" thing. And the camping trip deal, the point is that she doesn't go for that kind of thing - and now here she is in an extreme situation. As far as getting along with others - no disagreement there. It's the "roughing it" part where she is out of her element completely. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

As to the interview being something that the guy would discuss - there is a bit of a "small community" element where it was being talked about, and among people who aren't Survivor fans on its own - they just happen to know someone who is on the show. So it would be a lot more innocent, I believe. However, the TV station letting the guy know the air date in advance....hmmm. Another clue that its a local station.

Oh, one more little "funny": my friend (who never watched Survivor before Ep2) is absolutely convinced that it was NOT real blood they were drinking. She said, "I know what Kelly's mother is like, and I don't think she'd let her in the house again if she had been drinking cow's blood." hehehe Kelly was asked about it at the pep rally, and she stated that it was indeed, real cow's blood. (but we knew that.)

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

AmberFan126 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-20-01, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmberFan126 Click to send private message to AmberFan126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Couple of comments..."
Still, how would the local TV station know when Kelly is getting booted? And all four of the girls from Boran getting taken out before the merge? Am I the only person who sees that as HIGHLY unlikely?

By the way, this is alot of great information anyways. It's interesting to see the different information you get on surviiivor.com and from here. Looks like fun. =)

Slymmer 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-21-01, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Slymmer Click to send private message to Slymmer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Couple of comments..."
Boran is in the Middle of a battle of the sexes. The Men feel the women are the weak ones in the Party and from Ep1 day 3 Tom and Ethan comming down on Clarenece should have been interpreted as this: Dude we just made a pact Us against them and you actted as a traitor giving food to one of them.....

This is why Clarence is now the Boys Club Biatch.

All I was hintting at was that it is still posible for Sambuboo to loose the next challenge and Kelly to go on the 1st.

If the local Morning show is a C-BS Affiliate which of course it is, they could be given enough information or even instructed as to when to air the piece. MB Surely knows that within 2 hours of the interview going on air it will be DivX encoded and be floatting around on the net.

kellyfan1 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-21-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kellyfan1 Click to send private message to kellyfan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Comments on LJCDS"
Hey all, long time lurker here. I have some insight on La Jolla Country Day School, considering the fact that I went there for 8 years. The overall impression is that it is a school for rich kids, when I went there it was about $8,000 a year. What a normal person/teacher wouldn't know right away is that a very large percentage of the people who go there are ON SCHOLARSHIP. There is an enormous fund created for scholarship students by people like Joan Kroc (know her? her hubby started McDonalds? her grandkids went to LJCDS). I guess the purpose is to enable everyone who has the intelligence and a desire to learn to be able to go there to get a great education. Not only that but it creates a diverse group of students, very multi-cultural and religiously diverse. I, for one, had my entire 8 years at Country Day completely paid for, woohoo! I was not wealthy, was not white, and I didn't live in a great neighborhood. I am not debating the fact that Kelly is extremely well off, because she definitely is, (you should see her crib!), but life at LJCDS wasn't as sheltered as DangerKitty seemed to be implying. Sorry if i rambled.

Goodluck Kelly & GO TORRES!!!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-01, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Couple of comments..."
Don't forget that this is also the start of November sweeps.

The local news affiliate's timing of an in-depth Kelly profile could be nothing more than a reflection of that. It could simply be a well-hyped, well-timed fluff piece.

Wait a week or so and see if it's a profile they are plugging. If it isn't, maybe it will indicate a new boot for the princess.

DK - great snooping girl! You are truly the Goddess of Words and the Empress of Spoiling

I am as always,
pooh
the great entity of the thread

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-22-01, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Couple of comments..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-01 AT 02:15 AM (EST) by SurvivorBlows (admin)

>Still, how would the local TV station know when Kelly is
>getting booted?

This is the same problem I have. I just don't see a local TV station getting this piece of information.

>And all four of the girls from Boran getting taken out before
>the merge? Am I the only person who sees that as HIGHLY
>unlikely?

Sure, if you believe that the show is rigged. I don't see a problem with this happening. It could also maybe add to the fun "mix-ups" that we keep hearing about later? Just speculating...

Even if this entire story is true, I'm trying to figure out a situation where the station would not have known when she was booted. If that is the case, then this could just be some sort of coincidence? I've noticed the local CBS affiliate here in Phoenix always is trying to tie into Survivor, both on the nightly news and the day after. Perhaps they just already had stories done and setup that are set to air this Thursday and Friday, so they're putting this one in next Friday? And, as someone else mentioned, they could just be holding off for sweeps!

Personally, while I believe the poster's story, I don't agree with the conclusions. I think it would require us to assume the station knew when she was getting the boot (very unlikely) and for Boran to lose two in a row (because I don't see Kelly going before Kim).

-MC

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-01, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Couple of comments..."
>And all four
>of the girls from Boran
>getting taken out before the
>merge? Am I the only
>person who sees that as
>HIGHLY unlikely?

No, I think it's unlikely...IF the Borans remember the formats of the two previous Survivors. Both had later challenges where it was beneficial to have a smaller or more agile person around (ex. triage challenge).

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-22-01, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly"
DK!! You are famous! Someone lifted your original post and put it on the EZ board...saying it was from a respected poster. Here is the link:

http://pub53.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=9589.topic

Just wanted to make everyone aware...I know that EZ is not a source to be trusted, but I would imagine that each week that Kelly stays on, more and more people that know her (whether they really do or not) will be crawling out of the woodwork.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-22-01, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly"
Here is an article which interviews Kelly's grandmother. I don't know what this means, but the timing of it kind of confuses me. Any thoughts?

Local woman watches granddaughter brave 'Survivor'

By Kevin Cullen, Journal and Courier (an online layfayett journal)

BATTLE GROUND -- When Virginia Schneider visited her daughter in California in May, she had the oddest feeling ... as if she wasn't being told about a big secret. Turns out that Schneider's 22-year-old granddaughter, Kelly Goldsmith, was trying out for a spot on the wildly popular TV series Survivor: Africa.

She was chosen, then spent much of the summer in Africa amid lions, crocodiles and venomous snakes. Now she is being watched every Thursday night by millions ... including her "Nana."

"Out of 51,000 people who applied, she was one of the 16 chosen," Schneider, 79, says proudly.

Contestants have been pictured on the covers of TV Guide and Us Weekly, and they will be the focus of a special edition of People magazine.

CBS won't allow Kelly to talk about her experiences. She could be fined $5 million if she reveals who "survived" and won the $1 million prize, her grandmother says.

Kelly, of Rancho Sante Fe, Calif., was born in California and graduated from Duke University this past May with a degree in sociology, with her goal being to work as a behavioral research analyst.

Kelly's mother, Lyda, is a homemaker; her father, Marshall, is a management consultant.

"When I was out there in May, my daughter had to lie to me a lot," Schneider says. "I just knew she was keeping something from me. I thought she had changed 180 degrees, but I couldn't figure out what was going on. One day, she told me she would be gone three hours and that I would have to fix my own lunch. They were gone six hours -- she had taken Kelly to Los Angeles."

There, prospective contestants were interviewed, submitted tapes, and took several tests.

"It didn't surprise me that she was chosen. She's a hambone," Schneider says of Kelly. "When she played the part of Abigail in The Crucible at Duke, in the write-up they said she was 'hissing.' People didn't like her, but outside the role, they all adore her."

"She doesn't seem to be afraid to tackle any challenge," she says.

Kelly has been acting all her life, starring in such productions at Guys and Dolls and Peter Pan. At La Jolla Country Day School, her classmates elected her class president and homecoming queen. She was a National Merit finalist, and at Duke was social chair of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. She spent her junior year in Rome.

She listed her hobbies as pumping iron, crocheting and "manipulating men."

Blond and petite, Kelly is "as cute as a button," her grandmother says. On the show, she is a member of the "Boran" tribe, which for 39 days competed in the 150-square-mile Shaba National Reserve in northern Kenya.

Big, toothy wild animals were everywhere, but more than 100 rifle-toting game wardens patrolled the set.

In the first episode, contestants had to push and pull a cart over difficult terrain. Each week, another contestant is voted out of the competition, and "Diane" was the first to go.

"There was my granddaughter, sitting at the end with her hands clenched," Schneider says. "She was not smiling or anything."

"If I watch my grandkid drink blood I think I'll vomit," Schneider says. "I don't know why they make them do things like that. They make them do the damnedest things I've ever seen. It's ridiculous."

Kelly has as good a chance at winning, she says.

"She has more guts for a young woman than anybody I have seen," she said. "She loves a challenge and she has enough ham in her so she likes to show off. Even when she was a child, she and her brother would perform to music on tape and you would think they were really doing it."

A longtime friend, Loretta Stine, of Chalmers, has similar memories of Kelly.

"Kelly always had a new song or dance or routine. She was always in a play or a recital, so we would watch Kelly perform. I'm not surprised that she is doing what she is doing now," Stine says.

"She has been exposed to so much in her life. She has been fortunate enough to travel and experience lots of things," she says. "She's not afraid of anything. She gets a little of that from her grandmother -- she's quite a character, too. She acts like a kid in a lot of ways, totally energetic. She never gets down or depressed or complains about anything."

Ever since the series started, "We're both excited," Stine says. "We've been carrying on like nuts ever since."

Stine was a Survivor fan before, but Schneider admits that if Kelly weren't a contestant, she wouldn't watch.

"I've never seen a program with so many commercials in all my life," she says. "I'll watch every show 'til they boot her off."

Fighting illiteracy by day
and writer's block by night

10-22-01, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "One thought"
In the first season of Survivor, the local stations DEFINITELY knew the episode in which the local contestant was getting booted -- as we New Englanders found out when Jenna was booted and all of the local channels made a big deal about the coverage that they were going to have of Jenna THAT NIGHT. It was obvious that they knew she was gone, and this became such a big deal on SS that CBS must have put some kind of an edict out to prevent local stations from telling what they knew ... as far as I know, it's only happened one more time, with the clip that Webby reported here:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1393.shtml

As a result, I don't believe that CBS stopped providing its local affiliates with info about when their local contestants got booted. News directors NEED that info to plan coverage, and the result of withholding it would be to cause the Survivor coverage to be scaled back. My point is this: I believe that there IS someone at each CBS affiliate with a local contestant who knows when that contestant gets booted -- not the whole boot order, but that one piece of it.

Does this mean that Kelly goes, 100% for sure, on Nov. 1? No. But it's a factor in the mix of information. Thanks again, dangerkitty!

turtle 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-23-01, 04:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail turtle Click to send private message to turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: One thought"
For what it's worth, this may shed a faint glimmer of light on how much information gets released ahead of time regarding who gets booted....

I was stunned when I read the following link last week:

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/networkupdate.html?21209

All the preview information was the same as everywhere else except for the last line: "A second individual is voted out of the tribe."

In the end I figured that was just waaaaay too much information, and since I was expecting a Boran IC win I assumed that it only meant a second person voted out of the game, NOT tribe, and that it was just an error in wording...

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-23-01, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: One thought"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-01 AT 02:16 AM (EST) by SurvivorBlows (admin)

Thanks for the info AyaK!

I didn't realize that there was presedence for this kind of information to be known. It gives a lot more credibility to arguement that this means she's getting the boot next week.

-MC

10-23-01, 03:48 PM (EST)
22. "RE: One thought"

>what they knew ... as far as I know, it's
>only happened one more time, with the clip that Webby
>reported here:
>http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1393.shtml
Yep, that's me... my own big scoop -- as horrible as the news was

>As a result, I don't believe that CBS stopped providing its
>local affiliates with info about when their local contestants got
>booted. News directors NEED that info to plan coverage,
>and the result of withholding it would be to cause
>the Survivor coverage to be scaled back. My point
>is this: I believe that there IS someone at each
>CBS affiliate with a local contestant who knows when that
>contestant gets booted -- not the whole boot order, but
>that one piece of it.

I agree completely with this... I think at least one person knows, but that's THE ONLY bootee they know (unless it's a situation where two survivors come from the same coverage area, maybe like Carl and Jessie, or perhaps Ethan and Linda.)

-SB

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-01, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "If I remember correctly..."
during S1, almost all the contestants were interviewed on shows like Extra and Access Hollywood. The interviews would be the night before Survivor, which was a great indicator of who went next. I never watch these anymore, but are these shows still doing this?

Thanks for sharing DK, I am leaning towards a Nov 1st boot for Kelly.

Beatrice, get yee to Heaven, heres no place for you maids...and away to Saint Peter's for the Heavens, he shows me where the bachelors sit, and there live we as merry as the day is long -Much Ado About Nothing

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-01, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: If I remember correctly..."
just bumping this back to page 1 since this is the week it's tested. this was a great find, dk!

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

10-31-01, 09:54 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Some inside scoop on Kelly"
Is the local CBS affiliate running any promos about a Kelly "profile" piece for Nov 1st OR 2nd?

If Kelly is going to stays in the show, and this is just a "profile of the local celebrity" piece then they should be running promo's for it, otherwise they aren't really getting any benefit from doing the piece.

If they are NOT running promos for it, then it seems to me they are trying to keep the story a secret until the last minute - indicating it's revolving around her getting booted.

10-31-01, 10:17 AM (EST)
26. "Feature"
I understand that there were ads for a "feature" on Kelly this week on the SD CBS affiliate. dk, have you seen them?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Feature"
I checked out the KFMB website (kfmb.com) -- it's the CBS affiliate for San Diego -- and after some digging around, there doesn't seem to be anything on there about any upcoming Kelly Goldsmith features.

"Just die, Frank"
Lindsey Richter, Oct. 25/01

10-31-01, 01:16 PM (EST)
28. "Yes there is a feature advertised"
Yes, I posted in a message on another thread - sorry, I probably should have bumped this up to include it.

I saw a promo a couple of days ago that went: "An exclusive look at San Diegos own Survivor - this Thursday at 11".

This means it is going to be on the 11 o'clock local news. I only saw it once. I don't have the TV on a ton, though - at least not on CBS - so I have no idea how much it has run. It was the local CBS affiliate.

I checked the website, too, Pepe, and couldn't find anything either.

I don't know if this is the same feature that I heard about, that includes the teacher interview, or not. I would assume so, though. I'll see if I can find out anything more about that.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-01, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Yes there is a feature advertised"
CBS always has a Thursday night segment that local affiliates can broadcast on the late news; I haven't seen any of them yet this season but my wife has. Either the local CBS affiliate in San Diego has its own additional piece that it is intending to use, or this is their way of taking full advantage of the local favorite while they still can. Would they be allowed to create their own additional piece, would CBS allow that?

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-01, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Yes there is a feature advertised"
yes please, DK, I sure hope you find out more, because I know this is a GOOD spoiler--just can't decide how to read it!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •