The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""T-Bird" nickname..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-01, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""T-Bird" nickname..."

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but someone in her tribe was calling her T-Bird while cherring her on during the IM. ...I haven't noticed either of the Kim nicknames being used yet.

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "T-Bird" nickname... Befuzzled 10-19-01 1
   RE: "T-Bird" nickname... tribephyl 10-20-01 7
 Kim nickname tjack 10-19-01 2
   Cross-pollination AyaK 10-19-01 3
   RE: Kim nickname mavsfan 10-19-01 4
   Kim Powers' nickname Outfrontgirl 10-20-01 5
   RE: Kim nickname tjack 10-20-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Befuzzled 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-01, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Befuzzled Click to send private message to Befuzzled Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "T-Bird" nickname..."
I missed that but did notice that Carl referred to her as "T" when explaining to Silas who was in on the old codger alliance.
For what it's worth.
I think that quote went in this order "...T, Frank, Linda and myself". Which may or may not provide some insight into who Carl is tightest with.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-01, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "T-Bird" nickname..."

"T" has been used a couple of times by Carl and once by Frank
and "T-Bird" is used by Linda. All of them Referring to Teresa. Not Kim P. I haven't heard a nick-name for Kim P yet. But I pour over the videos all the time. If anything comes up. I'll catch it.

tjack 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-19-01, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjack Click to send private message to tjack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Kim nickname"
I haven't seen the clip myself but BoeschFan over at the SS EZboard wrote:
"In regard to the spoiler that's been floated that both Kims make the merge because Kim from Boran gets the nickname "Momma Kim" to differentiate her from Samburu's Kim.

I was just watching the CBS Survivor Insider clip "Boran Eats Mush" (part of the ep. 2 collection) and Tom refers to Kim as "Momma Kim". So, it looks like that spoiler is out, because "Momma Kim" got her nickname well before the merge."

Hope it's okay to cross-pollinate.......
T

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-01, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Cross-pollination"
...is strongly encouraged. The idea is to build on what others have done. Just be sure to give credit where credit is due.

Since I can't see any way on God's green earth that Mama Kim makes the merger, it's good to hear that she already has the nickname.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-19-01, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kim nickname"
Thanks tjack!

I was sure MammaKim made the merger based on the nicknames, so I'm very glad to know I can cross this off my list of "sure bets". Anything else usefull in the clip?

I'd love to watch it but my computer can't handle anything but the most basic of files. Has anyone else seen the clip?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-01, 04:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Kim Powers' nickname"
Thanks for the info tjack.
Has anyone (on any board) posted the source for Kim Powers' rumored nickname "Little bit"?

It's probably nothing, but I was struck by Ethan's use of that phrase at the first TC, when he said they needed to keep Clarence around for "a little bit."
Not the most common way to end a sentence--"little bit longer" would be more usual,as in:
*O won't you stay just a little bit longer, please stay-ay-ay just a little bit more* (sorry couldn't help myself)

When I first heard the nickname I thought it referred to her, possibly as being petite. But it might instead refer to a time frame. I'm just wondering if it's an Ethan phrase--that would of course put them post-merge. Does he decide to keep her around for a little bit too? (Pure speculation)

Another thought about nicknames to differentiate--if Momma Kim goes pre-merge, Boran post-merge members might want to distinguish between their former tribemate and the new Kim, whereas Samburus would think of Kim P as "the" Kim.

tjack 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-20-01, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjack Click to send private message to tjack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kim nickname"
Mavsfan...unfortunely I haven't seen the clip...my realplayer goldpass subscription ran out earlier this week. That part about seeing the Survivor Insider clip was part of BoeschFan's quote. I also hope to see others step forward with tidbits of info from those Survivor Insider clips. There may be some useful character development info there.

Outfrontgirl...I have not seen anything posted on other boards about the source of the "little bit" nickname (but that doesn't mean it isn't out there and I missed it). Actually I hadn't put alot of thought into the nicknames stuff so I didn't notice that comment by Ethan at all...wish I could say the same for that song you mentioned which I now can't get out of my head

I'm leaning towards the theory that the "little bit" nickname is based on her size but so far Tom is the person I would vote most likely to give it to her...which would put it post-merger.

T

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •