The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fitting In vs New Direction"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

Flipper 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-15-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flipper Click to send private message to Flipper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fitting In vs New Direction"
For INXS I don't think it's even about someone fitting in or to take them in a new direction. I think it's about do they want someone to front the band or to lead the band.

They are middle-aged millionaire old timey established rock stars, with a large, bankable catalog of old hits, so I think they don't want someone to assume leadership, they're looking for a front man. That being said, since Marty seems to make it clear (or has been edited that way a la Burnett) that he wants to lead them in a new direction, and since his style is so different, they'd be crazy to go with him. The guy is really talented and he should go see if Nirvana is hiring or if Burnett wants to do a Rock Star 2:Nirvana series.

On the other hand if they are just looking for a pretty, talented front man, Mig is their man, that's his job. Pay him and he can be Freddie Mercury, pay him and he can be Michael Hutchence. The problem with that is INXS will then be officially relegated to being a nostolgia act. One band from the 70's who made a mega comeback has been Santana, and they did it by keeping true to their original sound and infusing fresh new talent (but on a rotating basis).

That brings us to JD. He has a good Michael Hutchence like vibe, is good looking but not model handsome, and has convinced some people that he's unpredictable and therefore a rock star-like edgy bad boy. His original song was tailored to sound like an INXS song. By going with him, INXS keeps the vibe yet infuses new talent. The editing has been mostly about J.D., his journey from wily Survivor-like schemer to reformed, great guy INXS loving tempermental artiste. I recall that throughout the season he was described as "rivetting". So Mig gets the votes, but JD acts like the public image of a true "Rock Star". INXS gets someone who "wants the job most of all" so therefore he can be manipulated and made to behave like a good "front boy", but still act edgy and arrogant to make rock fans swoon.

Everyone gets a record contract, and goes on to fame and fortune and lives happily ever after.

Flipper

"Whatever!"

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Fitting In vs New Direction   LaLaLisa     09-08-05       
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   CattyChat     09-08-05     1  
     RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   cycles2k     09-09-05     8  
     RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   jpl68     09-09-05     12  
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   Shypappy     09-08-05     2  
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   toddE     09-08-05     3  
     RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   funkalicious     09-08-05     7  
         RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   shanana banana     09-09-05     9  
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   PhoenixMons     09-08-05     4  
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   cheesybread     09-08-05     5  
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   shanana banana     09-08-05     6  
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   trigirl     09-09-05     10  
     RE: Us vs Pretty Vegas   LaLaLisa     09-09-05     11  
         RE: Us vs Pretty Vegas   photokitty     09-14-05     15  
             RE: Us vs Pretty Vegas   LaLaLisa     09-14-05     16  
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   LaLaLisa     09-12-05     13  
     RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   trigirl     09-13-05     14  
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   Loree     09-15-05     17  
   RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   Flipper     09-15-05     18  
     RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   LaLaLisa     09-15-05     19  
     RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   jpl68     09-15-05     20  
     RE: Fitting In vs New Direction   photokitty     09-15-05     21  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •