The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LoudmouthLee 294 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-18-01, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LoudmouthLee Click to send private message to LoudmouthLee Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-01 AT 10:54 PM (EST)

***note*** contains spoilers of EP2, if you dont wanna know...

I hope this thread gets the amount of love the 1st installment got.

Jessie got sick... was a complete and utter surprise to me... however, certain things really stuck out to me...

Jessie was the 1st to exclaim about Clarence's insecurity issues. That was edited in, as well as his other insecure moments. Clarence is needed around, but not for too much longer, IMHO.

Silas got the airtime of the EP. Who is he truly with? I havent the slightest. He was obviously playing both sides of the fence. Either which way, Silas seems to be the safest of them all right now... I was predict that Silas will make the merger, and possibly make it to the last 6.

Frank seemed a little more human this EP... he also seemed to have the "army voice" working for him also, and the alliance was brought to surface early. I still believe Frank to be out before merger.

Ethan is the leader of the tribe. Ethan took the lead in the log challenge, and I truly believe him to be a final 4er... you heard it here (actually, last week) first.

Lex is also very dangerous... "Everyone likes Lex" (as per Ethan).. I think the strongest bond as per shown thus far... is GoatHead, Punk Daddy and Socca Playa

Anyone want some blood? Reply, post, agree or disagree... I love reading all of your thoughts..

Truly,
LML

EDIT:

After thinking quite a bit, I seriously see the S tribe stubling next week. It just "doesn't make for good TV" to see such dominance. I assume that Samburu will not win next week.

Which means, Silas is the swing vote...

It'll be Frank vs. one of the others...

I also think it'll be the 1st TIE of the series...

So... until I see some spoiler evidence... I assume it'll be Frank or someone like Brandon or the such.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... MDSkinner 10-18-01 1
   RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... LoudmouthLee 10-18-01 2
       RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... MDSkinner 10-18-01 3
           RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... LoudmouthLee 10-18-01 4
               RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... MDSkinner 10-18-01 7
                   RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... Loree 10-18-01 11
                       RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... Loree 10-19-01 32
   The Guy is an Athlete... IceCat 10-18-01 5
       RE: The Guy is an Athlete... Kokoro 10-18-01 6
       RE: The Guy is an Athlete... MDSkinner 10-18-01 9
       RE: The Guy is an Athlete... Slymmer 10-19-01 16
           Lex vs Carl 7o62x39 10-19-01 25
 RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... George Tirebiter 10-18-01 8
 A couple of comments about Silas...... MDSkinner 10-18-01 10
   RE: A couple of comments about Sila... Loree 10-18-01 12
       RE: A couple of comments about Sila... cowboyroo 10-18-01 13
           The color blue... dangerkitty 10-19-01 14
               Silas Throcky 10-19-01 15
                   RE: Silas Befuzzled 10-19-01 19
       RE: A couple of comments about Sila... MDSkinner 10-19-01 22
           RE: A couple of comments about Sila... Loree 10-19-01 33
 Some more observations... PepeLePew13 10-19-01 17
 Vote Stacking Drive My Car 10-19-01 18
   RE: Vote Stacking PepeLePew13 10-19-01 20
 RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... Stairway2Dayton 10-19-01 21
   RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... wendyp 10-19-01 23
       RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... scorpio 10-19-01 24
           RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... dangerkitty 10-19-01 26
               RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... PepeLePew13 10-19-01 27
 Comparison of tribes' women allaboutme 10-19-01 28
 RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... anotherkim 10-19-01 29
   RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... scorpio 10-19-01 30
       RE: Character Development: Week 2, ... TODDLJ 10-19-01 31
 woohoo LoudmouthLee 10-26-01 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-18-01, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
I agree with you on most of these thoughts, but one in particular stands out to me here. "Ethan is the leader of the tribe." All that I can say is, huh??????

Ethan said that he would gladly vote out Clarence before he would vote out any of the women. He then turns around and votes for Jessie. It seems to me that someone is pulling Ethan's strings here, or else it would have been Clarence to be gone. Ethan may lead at challenges, but when it comes to what counts(voting people out) Ethan is far from in control.

10-18-01, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LoudmouthLee Click to send private message to LoudmouthLee Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
If you taped it... Watch the reward challenge again... Ethan seems to be able to lead, as well as, lead the men to a common goal... (remember the screaming?) Sounded like the coxswain of a crew team

10-18-01, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
As I said, Ethan may lead at the challenges, but when it comes to controlling the vote, he appears to have nothing to do with it. Am I missing something?

10-18-01, 09:22 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
Didnt say anything about the voting... just talking about leadership skills

10-18-01, 09:36 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
Oh I will definitely give you that. If you are talking about him leading the team in challenges he is all about that. He is a soccer player and his team leadership skills have definitely come into play, but when it comes to controlling this game, it appears that either Lex or Tom is leading this team. Ethan will just be along for the ride in that regard.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-01, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
At camp it seems to be Lex that is in charge. Ethan is handy in the challenges because he is an athlete. But he seems more docile at camp. Tom wants to think he is in charge. But I think Lex is pulling the strings. I would like to see Lex and Ethan get together and boot Tom. Maybe in time?

MB was mixing things up as usual. Tom says he wants to keep Clarence for his strength. Then he votes against CB. Ethan says he would vote out Clarence before the females and then he votes for Jessie. And MamaKim tells Jessie she fears the men will get rid of the females first and they will be vulnerable. Then she turns around and votes out a female too. We never see Lex talking about who to vote. And does Clarence just vote for Jessie (and Diane last week) by chance or was he told she was the target?

10-19-01, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
Jessie said on the Early Show that Lex was the leader. Actually I got the opinion that she was picking her words carefully when talking about Lex. I wonder if that means something and he goes to the finals? Anyway she said Ethan was quiet and she loves Tom. She doesn't like Clarence. But then she is booted now with Diane who will probably spend every opportunity to remind Jessie that Clarence is a liar.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "The Guy is an Athlete..."
All athletes have some coach in them... Ethan is simply using his natural ability to motivate his team mates during an athletic competition. This is serving him well during the competitions.

This leadership role does not appear to extend into the political aspect of the game. He seems to be deferring to Tom with regard to tribal voting. Tom also seems confident enough in knowing who is voting for whom to allow him self the luxury of giving C.B. a 'little reminder' vote at both TCs.

The fact that the women were on board for the Jessie vote leads me to believe that Lex had his hands in things as well.

September 11, 2001

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-18-01, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Guy is an Athlete..."
But even if the women are on board now....if Boran ~somehow~ manages to lose yet again we may see them break off. I mean it's pretty much obvious that if they lose again either Kelly or Kim J. is out of there....combine that with Clarence's tribal problems and there may be a split.

----------------------------------------

10-18-01, 09:42 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Guy is an Athlete..."
Totally agreed Ice. Soccer boy knows how to lead his team.

Slymmer 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-01, 05:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Slymmer Click to send private message to Slymmer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Guy is an Athlete..."
I agree with you on the leadership point. Not only is he a Soccer player, he is a Goalie, a natural leader of the action when it is right in front of his face. The politics going on however he is more likely to go with the flow of his click to show he is not going to make waves. Goalie not Surfer.

7o62x39 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-01, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 7o62x39 Click to send private message to 7o62x39 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Lex vs Carl"
Boran - Political Leadership is held by Lex, barely.

1 - "Everbody likes Lex" - Ethan
2 - Lex leads in the IC challenge
3 - Lex approaches Ethan with the tri-party deal (Lex-Tom-Ethan)
which implies Lex-Tom. But I think Lex was overselling his control and solidity with Tom. Also Tom is not as reliable as Lex believes Ethan to be. Mamakim is the passive aggressive alpha female also I think with a Lex targeting connection. I won't count out a quiet Kelly-Ethan Jewish block.

Samburu - Carl
1 - Frank has gone Neitzschean playing for a psychological supremacy of will. But as he plays bad cop, his co-conspirator, Carl, gains in power.
2 - Silas will play the fool.
3 - Linda is much tougher than we had thought.
4 - Brandon is toast unless Lindsey pulls a Michael first.

Cheers

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-18-01, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
I knew Jessie was in trouble as soon as they zoomed in on her crusty lips à la Colleen's leg scabs. . . Man, couldn't they get in any tighter? Yuck!

Ethan? I agree with the assessment of him as a CHALLENGE leader--but Tom is so obviously in the self-appointed TRIBE leader position (look at the voting, as already described.)

Silas obviously thinks he's The Man With a Plan--and yet he's too stupid to keep at least one alliance a secret; I expect that to backfire on him before too long.

One thing I noticed--and I haven't bothered to go back to the tape to see if it was Frank or Carl, so just think "Old Timer,"--did I not hear one of them muttering that Brandon was "useless" or "outta there" or something? Not that I expected him to last with these macho redneck types, but that made it pretty much a foregone conclusion in my mind.

GT

10-18-01, 10:07 PM (EST)
10. "A couple of comments about Silas......."
Silas has the potential to be the villain in this thing, I think. They are showing him as extremely loose in his loyalty, and it should be interesting to see how that plays out. At this point it would appear that he will join up with the old folks, but he may have just been saying that to them so they would not target him. Silas definitely reminds me of Colby so far in that he appears to be very two faced and it seems that he may have the control over the vote for the tribe, kind of in the same way that Colby did.

Of course, that two faced attitude can also come back to haunt a person. It worked out very well for Colby, but will Silas be so lucky? That is a tough one to say. So far though, I find Silas to probably be the most interesting character out of the Samburu tribe. Though, I must admit we have not gotten to see a lot of the kids in that group besides Silas.

10-18-01, 10:44 PM (EST)
12. "RE: A couple of comments about Silas......."
Silas' problem could be that he might be very expendable to the older alliance. He would probably be the first one they get rid of. And once a younger member is gone he won't have the votes to take down one of the older members. It would be a 4-3 split.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A couple of comments about Silas......."
I think next week's booties are pretty much down to "4". Brandon, Lindsey, Mama Kim and Kelly. If Boran loses again, there's no way they can get rid of Clarence..him and Ethan were the meat of the Log carrying challenge.

Is Lindsey's leg going to cause her to get the boot before the pre-planned Brandon? Silas is most likely to go with the old folks, especially now that Boran is down 2....gets him into the second half, and if they get the opportunity to Pagong the rest of the Borans, he's got a great shot at going to the Final 2 with little challenge competition, even though he'd be the one to go when it got down to 5.

Also, on a different note the cover of US Magazine looks like Lindsey is ringing out a blue color bandana, and there appears to be another blue bandana on someone in the background...Could this be the merged tribal color, and does this assure Lindsey makes the second half? I can't make out who the guy in the background is with the blue bandana, but his is definitely blue..Lindsey's is debatable but appears to be

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-19-01, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "The color blue..."
Cowboyroo, I am looking at that cover right now: I don't think the bandana she is wringing out is blue, I just see the colors from the logo artwork. I definitely see the blue on someone's head in the background, but does it look so blurry and funky on yours? It's like a colored stripe was painted onto the picture. Seriously, I wouldn't put it past MB to add that dash of color to the photos he released. I see the blue for sure, but I am not at all convinced that it is truly someone with a blue bandana.

MB makes me paranoid and cynical.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

Throcky 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-01, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Throcky Click to send private message to Throcky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Silas"
Of course if Silas does truly join in with the older crowd (Carl, Teresa, Linda, and Frank) he could be betting that he might beat them all in the individual immunity challenges and then get the jury votes of younger players. If I were Silas that might be my strategy....which is why he's playing both sides of the fence right now.

I am thinking that Brandon would be their first natural target---Kim is reasonably athletic and cheerful; Lindsey looks too obvious with the injury that they foreshadowed.

The young ones could all vote against Frank, but then if it came to a tie, and they had a tie-breaking activity, Frank is quite likely to beat Brandon....or can anyone tell me what they do in case of a tie if there are no previous votes?

Befuzzled 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-01, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Befuzzled Click to send private message to Befuzzled Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Silas"
It will be interesting to see which side Silas does indeed align himself with. If he does join with the older crowd, one would think that he would be aware that he is the 5th person in on that alliance, putting him in trouble after the merge as the 1st (or one of the 1st) Samburu cannibalization targets.

I think his best move would be to stick with the younger crowd, where at the worst for him, he is the 4th in an alliance. They would have to target Linda and hope that in the case of a tie, when no one has any prior votes, that there is some sort of challenge between the two votees (as has been rumoured in the past, but we have never seen happen?). Lindsey or Brandon would seemingly be the Older crowd's target and I think either of them would have a good shot at beating Linda in a challenge. Targeting Frank would very likely be suicide when it came to a tie-breaker (again assuming that a tie-breaker would be some sort of challenge).

Silas seems to be there to play to win, so it will depend on which way he feels will give him the best shot to win. I don't think he had much choice but to agree to join the older crowd when he was told that T, Frank, Linda and Carl were already aligned together for that group. To say no at that point could have made him the 1st target (unlikely as they need his strength for the time being). By targeting Linda, he would still keep the tribe strong, plus it would put him in a stronger power position with the young-un's up 4-3.

So, who knows how he will see it, but I definately see it to be in his best interests to try to bump one of the old codgers first.

10-19-01, 09:40 AM (EST)
22. "RE: A couple of comments about Silas......."
Silas is definitely in a bad spot if he sides with the old folks. He will end up getting the boot the soonest, unless he wins the immunity. It is a bad spot to be in. He has to plan on winning immunity to make it very far, and I am not so sure that he is going to be able to do a Colby.

10-19-01, 05:48 PM (EST)
33. "RE: A couple of comments about Silas......."
Silas may have to jump tribes when they merge. I could see Silas having more in common with Ethan, Lex and Clarence than with the older members of Samburu.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-01, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Some more observations..."
Lots of 'tendencies' from past Survivors are being tossed out into the trash bin this time around. Borans went to TC the first two times instead of a 1-1 split. Will it be the same at merger time? This is also a more unsympathetic bunch than in the past. Ramona Gray and Jeff Varner got to stay a few extra episodes after their upchucking while Jessie got the boot tattooed to her butt even after she said she was getting stronger and there were others who fell flat on their faces in the challenges (see: Johnson, Mama Kim)

"So concrete she is buried at the bottom of Hoover Dam." LOL Frank is becoming quite the one-line master.

Any thoughts on the sand cyclone that was shown in the background right after the Borans talked alliance and more specifically, Lex and Ethan talked and Lex said he and Tom would swear on their kids they wouldn't backstab each other -- the sand cyclone then segued into the Samburu tribe. A foreshadowing that maybe the Boran alliance talk is going to get blown away?

Did Lindsey ever watch Survivor before? "I thought it would be a camping trip" and now doesn't trust anyone. Wow, what depth.

Laughed at how Kelly said she'd chow down testicles if she had to. "...goat testicles, whatever, sounds good." A veiled comment directed at Tom, perhaps?

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-01, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Vote Stacking"
I'm not sure if Tom or Lex is controlling the voting, but one of them is. Tom voting C.B. for Clarence because it is safe to stack votes since they know who everyone else is voting for.
Clarence now has 4 votes against him, if he makes the merge they can dump him easily. Interesting to see the votes used this way.
Setting Clarence up for later in the game.

10-19-01, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Vote Stacking"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-01 AT 08:49 AM (EST)

I strongly believe that it's Lex who is controlling the vote. Tom has all the instincts of a rutting goat and my belief is that Lex knew that they had enough votes for Jessie (and Diane last week) and he also knew that Tom had that blowup with Clarence so they could stack votes against Clarence without revealing who else might be masterminding it.

This might also be useful for gaining the edge in the first vote after the merger - what if the Borans were able to get back to 5-5 for the merge? The Samburus wouldn't know about the conflict in the Boran camp and might not have a reason to target Clarence so the Borans could win the first post-merger vote with a tie-break and take control.

Keep in mind, though, that Colby had 5 votes against him in the first S-2 post-merger vote and it ended up never being used against him.

Edited to add: I just saw Jessie on the Early Show. She talked about how Lex had taken a real leadership role in the camp and she just got along really well with Tom (but nothing said about his leadership role). She didn't like Clarence much at all and got along fine with Ethan, said Ethan is a true hard-worker who gives at least 110% in everything he does. She commented that drinking blood/milk was more enjoyable than drinking the unpleasant water with mold in the containers.

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-19-01, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
I don’t know how much it reflects on their standing in the tribe when people like Ethan or Mama Kim say they want to vote one way, then go along with the tribe. They have to go along with the majority or look like an outsider. Who’s to know if Lex, Tom or anyone else wanted someone besides Jessie to be voted off, but their comments were edited out?

If Boron hadn’t lost two immunity challenges in a row I believe that Clarence would be in a bad place. Once a tribe gets an advantage in numbers your physically weaker player can sit out, so they are less of a liability. If the challenges progress as usual, the upcoming ones will require brain power – something that Clarence hasn’t shown in abundance. Now I think I’d want to keep him as a sacrificial lamb when the merge happens.

I think the player to reckon with is Linda. It definitely seemed pre-arranged when she sat out of the reward challenge. She has spent time in rural Mother Africa and must have known that blood was a huge source of food/protein/life. I would guess that she had taken part in the blood-letting ceremonies before, or at least studied it. She seemed all weak and shaky when drinking her shot, then slammed the pint down like she was a machine. Quite good acting in my opinion. If she had already tasted the blood she had a psychological advantage over the others. She made herself look like a target for Boran, and they played right into her hands.

S2D

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-19-01, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
Good point about Linda. She is probably more of a player then we think. She saw how in S2 they chose the weak or quesy person. So She put herself in that position to save the team and prove to her team she could hang with the best of them. She pushed her stock up on that one.

The IC is the BIG one and she proved she could do it. The RC is very essential too, but sitting out she could not be blamed if they lost.

I am starting to think she will be around longer then I orginally thought.

scorpio 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-19-01, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail scorpio Click to send private message to scorpio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
Borons in trouble in more than one way. Down to 6, have to keep two on guard every night. This is an added physical dimension not shown or seen before. My guess is they will have to run a 3hour on 6 off shift but that leaves 2 pairs really bagged the next day. I'd be interested in seeing who pairs off because that will tell more about the developing alliances. I still believe there is a BoronAlliance with Lex-Tom-Ethan-Mamakim axis. But they are going to have a tough time of it. They really can't afford to split into allegiances and lose more IC's because they will get destroyed.

If this goes on I can see MB adjusting the merge rules because another 3-4 weeks of Boronicide will lose audience. <already rumblings from my jungle about unfair splits of the 16 into strong/weak teams, waste of time .. call me in 5 weeks when it's post merge>

If Silas doesn't team up with the Geriatric4 then he could be in trouble, because Kim P has the smarts to see the writing on the wall and will take that 5th spot quite happily, pick off a contender (Silas) and coast into the merge attached to Frank's / Carl's platoon.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-19-01, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
Speaking of smarts: when the tribes were deciding who to pick for the tie-break, someone on Samburu said "Good thinking!" just before time was up to decide - then they picked Kelly. Maybe someone who has it on tape can see what might have clued them in that she was the one, but I don't remember a reason - I do remember noticing that Jessie was shaking and a little slow. But someone on Samburu had a reason to chose Kelly that the others agreed was "good thinking". And they were right. If that "someone" was Kim, she gets to add that to the "smarts" of using the telescope for fire. Maybe someone who has the ep on tape can look at the IC and the strategy session again for any clues.

Scorpio mentioned that Kim would be happy to jump onto the OldAlliance - I can see that too. Lindsey and Brandon are the ones who stand out as having the different attitude, more so than Kim. That comment from Lindsey "I thought I was just on a camping trip with some friends" - I could not believe I was hearing right! Is it possible that she is that clueless????

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

10-19-01, 12:28 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-01 AT 12:30 PM (EST)

>That comment from Lindsey "I thought I was
>just on a camping trip with some friends" - I
>could not believe I was hearing right! Is it
>possible that she is that clueless????

Let's face it... she is, for the most part, clueless. Her actions at home (before and after S3 filming) seems to indicate that. And I think Silas realized that and felt he could bluff her into thinking he would build an alliance with her. Lindsey's getting roasted some time soon... if not the first Samburu booted, she'll be the second or third.

What we may be seeing in the preview for next week's episode is that Lindsey found out that she's getting played by the geriatic 4 and Silas, then she kicks a tree or rock in frustration, then get hurt and that's why we see her lying there sobbing up some precious supply of salty water for the others to whet their thirsts with.

Let me take a look at the tape again when I get home... I'd like to see if I can find out who said "Good Thinking!" and why they targeted Kelly for the Borons.

Damn, that Linda is looking more and more smarter than what had been shown in the first episode and half of the second...

"What's wrong with her?"
"It is?"

allaboutme 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-19-01, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail allaboutme Click to send private message to allaboutme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Comparison of tribes' women"
I can't remember if it was Ethan or Lex, but one commented prior to voting that they were losing the challenges based on the superiority of the women in Samburu over their women as opposed to the strength of the men or tribe as a whole. (Did you see how fast Kim ran up that stairway after running that course back and forth 5 times?, not to mention carrying the logs -- none of the women on Boran could have done it, Jessie and Kim kept having to let go of the log and hang back, and Boran had to wait for them to catch up to place the log.) I think this foreshadowed the voting off of a women this time and maybe in the future as well.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-01, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
My random thoughts:

Boran:

If they lose again, Clarence may be hurting. I think that even though they think they need his strength, Goat Daddy isn't going to choose him over MamaKim or Kickass Kelly. I just don't see it happening.

Goat Daddy is obviously confident enough about who is voting how to take a chance and show Clarence what he thinks of him. No way Jessie could have stayed over C Man. That would have been a sure self-Pagonging there.

Lex and Ethan are tight with Goat Daddy in tow...I think those two and maybe Kelly are in till the merge. They are going to take strong members to the merge--no one is going to want to haul dead weight or people they can't trust. Mamakim better pray for immunity or else after the C Man goes, she is toast.

Samburu:

If Silas is too stupid to go along with the Geriatric 4 then he deserves whatever he gets. Frank may be a jerk, but in a crisis I would much rather have him to depend on that Brandon or Lindsey---they are idiots.

From the scenes from next week, it looks to me like Lindsey does herself in when she hurts herself. Who did she think she was going to impress? I'd say if she isn't out this week due to injury, then it is next week due to being a flat-out idiot. Camping trip? Give me a break. Based on the way she has acted on camera so far, I can't see her lasting. Imagine what she is doing when she is NOT on camera or edited in for us to see.

She and Brandon are the weakest links and I can't see how Silas could not understand that. Once they merge, he is going to want to be with people that will cover him and keep his alliance strong. If the G4 are gone, would you want to try and outlast or outwit another groupd with Brandon and Lindsey at your side???

scorpio 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-19-01, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scorpio Click to send private message to scorpio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
Without the Geriatric4 to back him, Silas and the Samburu remnants will get chewed alive. Lets face it there are two phases to this... Tribes keep their strongest alive to merge, then it becomes a battle of the individual challenges. If Silas thinks that he stands a prayer dragging the Mallrunts to merge, then picking them off one by one he's been smokin' some o that Shabaweed down by the swamp. He better hope the Boronicide trend continues.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-19-01, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Character Development: Week 2, plus predictions..."
I know you guys love to bash the Mall Alliance, but I think you underestimate them. Assuming Silas sides with the MAllies, (which isn't that unlikely, they are much closer to his age, and Kim and Lindsey may be working his hormones) the resulting 2 teams of 4 are pretty equally matched.

Let's look at the depends-wearers vs. the abercrombie and fitchers head-to-head.

Frank vs. Silas
Silas could beat Frank in any physical challenge. Frank has not proven any level of intelligence at this point either, just seems like a pig-headed brute. I'd bet on Silas.

Carl vs. Brandon
Say what you want about Brandon, but the reality is just because he's gay doesn't mean he's weak. Carl is a bit on the tubby side, and not the fastest in the bunch. He's a dentist, for gods sake. In a physical challenge, does speed count? Does stamina count? I'd pick Brandon, who has youth on his side.
As far as a mental challenge, I'd lay odds on Carl, who seems brighter and wiser.

Linda vs. Lindsay
Other than Lindsay's health thing, I'd bet on her in a physical challenge anyday. Mental challenge would go to Linda easily.

Kim vs. Teresa
This is no competition. I'd bet on Kim in a heartbeet. She's fast, tough, and smart (she got them fire, after all.)

Another thing to consider: If Silas side with the MAllies, he would become their LEADER, and control the votes. If he sides with the geritol-swigging set, he'll be 5th at best.

I'd say, even if it ends up biting him in the ass, Silas will go with the MAllies. It's a crapshoot, but it may end up meaning he wins instead of finishing 5th.

10-26-01, 02:17 AM (EST)
34. "woohoo"
Being half right rocks

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •