The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode Two: State of the Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-17-01, 04:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode Two: State of the Spoiling"
Yup... that's right. The vote thread is posted, the episode is approaching... which means it must be time for:

Man... Webby had it easier last week... this week we're not all on the same page with our theories...

Long Range Speculation

Webby points out that various people have recieved little face time at this point, while others have gotten more. If past trends hold, those with less face time are unlikely to be booted next, although they are also unlikely to win, either... here's the rankings:

Face time in Samburu: Teresa, Lindsey, Carl, Linda, Brandon, Silas, Kim P., Frank (ranked least to most)

Face time in Boran: Kim J., Kelly, Jessie, Tom, Ethan, Lex, Clarence (ranked least to most)

There's a lot of merger and final four speculation in this thread.

Reward Challenge:

For a great run-down, click here.

Basically, it appears to be some sort of criss-cross obstacle course where tribes must carry a pole. At the end, they prop it up against some sort of large structure, and may have to balance something on top of it. Winner, at this point, unknown.

There is some speculation that the reward might be water, and that it might be won by Boran... but this is still under heavy dabate.

Immunity Challenge:

We have a lot of information that the IC will be the blood drinking challenge.

The TV Guide article says "and now they stand in a grassy clearing before host Jeff Probst at a makshift bar with 15 shot glasses... Unlike the previous two Survivor shows, when many contestants balked at the prospect of eating insect larvae and mangrove worms, these guys get down to business with a minimum of drama. 'This group is very aggressive,' Probst says."

But we have this picture:

And Samiam speculates that this might be the finals... or maybe even a tie-breaker (fastest drinker???)

The immerging opinion is that Boran will win, since the previews seem to be focused on Samburu alliances (a sure sign that they're on the way to TC?)... but Webby's not convinced.

Bootee:

Not a concensus, unfortunately. Here's some various speculation (some may have changed their minds since then):
LowRent: Linda
Mumbo Jumbo: Brandon or Lindsey
sleeeve: Frank
tribephyl: Lindsey
SurvivorBlows: Frank
Krautboy: Brandon
Kokoro: Lindsey
LoudmouthLee: Frank
toddnick: Jessie or Linda

Let's see if we can get this figured out, cause there's not much time left. Good Luck everyone.

Feel free to add replies with thoughts or more information to this thread.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoil... samiam 10-17-01 1
   RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoil... supershirll 10-17-01 2
   RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoil... Bungler 10-17-01 5
       The SOTS thread... sleeeve 10-17-01 8
 RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoil... ItzLisa 10-17-01 3
 RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoil... Slymmer 10-17-01 4
   RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoil... sleeeve 10-17-01 9
       E1 Face Time AyaK 10-18-01 17
 Diane's chat AyaK 10-17-01 6
   RE: Diane's chat SherpaDave 10-17-01 7
   RE: Diane's chat Outfrontgirl 10-18-01 10
       RE: Diane's chat Drive My Car 10-18-01 11
           RE: Diane's chat wendyp 10-18-01 12
               RE: Diane's chat Loree 10-18-01 13
           RE: Diane's chat Outfrontgirl 10-18-01 14
               RE: Diane's chat Lisapooh 10-18-01 15
                   RE: Diane's chat Outfrontgirl 10-18-01 16
                       First boot humiliation... AyaK 10-18-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-01, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoiling"
Heh. Now I'm rethinking the glass theory competely. Note in the cap you posted, Jiffy's hands. Clean, blood-free. Now, look at some of the later caps -- his hands and wrists have blood smeared all over them. Now, unless he washes his hands in the middle of the challenge, this pic would have to be in the beginning, before the challenge starts. There's another shot that shows JP behind the bar, arms spread, with palms on top of the bar. This looks like his "OK, let me tell you the deal" posture he takes when explaining the challenges.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-17-01, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail supershirll Click to send private message to supershirll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoiling"
I see what you mean Samiam, and would like to add that Kelly has on a white shirt and Lindsey (?Linda) has on a light blue sport top. In the picture where he pours the blood into the large glass (where he has bloody hands), the person standing there has on a black sports top.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-17-01, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoiling"
samiam...

Great observation. I'm willing to bet that this shot of Kelly and Linda is the opening gambit of the drinking challenge. We have the cap in my series that has Jeff clearly telling them what the challenge is, that they'll be drinking "pure blood." You can even see Jeff forming the letter 'b' in "blood" in this cap:

Then we have the cap, with the big glasses, and it's the exact same timeframe. Jeff's non-bloody hands was a brilliant catch, BTW. Why didn't we catch it sooner?

I think we can safely say that that's Kelly in the opening gambit, sucking down a big gulp (thought not the 7-11 style) of blood. And I think we can also say that this is Kelly in the tie-breaker shot, getting ready for another go-round.

In this shot, her white top is gone. Did she struggle drinking the first one? Did she possibly spill blood on her pretty white shirt? Was this potential struggle in the first round (being the first is tough, whether you're squeamish or not) the reason Kelly was selected by Samburu to belly up to the bar again?

BTW, sleeeve, I love this thread. Sorry if I should've continued the above discussion in another thread.

Bungler

10-17-01, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "The SOTS thread..."
>BTW, sleeeve, I love this thread.
> Sorry if I should've
>continued the above discussion in
>another thread.

This is something new we're trying this season. Each Tuesday night, one of the moderators will do our best to summarize what the board is thinking in one thread. This week was my turn.

I should point out to everyone that none of the above theories are *really* my own... they all belong to other people, but were compiled together (with credits whereever possible). When lots of people shared an opinion, I tried to credit the one that stated it either first, or most clearly.

People are welcome to continue the discussion in this thread. That's what it's here for.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoiling"
>Face time in Samburu: Teresa, Lindsey, Carl, Linda, Brandon, Silas, Kim P., Frank (ranked least to most)
***Hmmmm... gonna respectfully disagree with ya on this one, Sleeevie! Maybe it's a difference in how two people will view ths same thing, but it seemed to me that Lindsey got quite a bit of face time in the first ep - you have her listed second least, even behind Carl and Linda. I voted for Lindsey in Sherpa's vote thread, for the same reasons Mitrellum did. Lotsa face time in the first ep plus her grating personality - Frank (here and forever after to be known as "The Great Santini" !) and Linda seem to not like her very much. She's just a youngin', but she could get OOOOLD fast!!!

>The immerging opinion is that Boran will win, since the previews seem to be focused on Samburu alliances (a sure sign that they're on the way to TC?)
*** That's what I think too - Samburu (specifically Silas?) could be trying to get all their ducks in a row before they have to head to TC.

Glad to be taking a peek and adding my two cents to some spoiling - very little, though, as I'm SOOOO bad at this, LOL!!!

Slymmer 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-17-01, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Slymmer Click to send private message to Slymmer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoiling"
Okay I understand that face time has meant a lot before and I also understand that it does look as if the fingers are pointing at the Samburu tribe as being the foucus of Ep2. We know we have the blood challenge (is this going to replace the eatting creepy stuff challenge???) and there is going to be reward challenges up the ying yang with there being not huntting, fishing, or good water anywhere. But what I am curious about is that there seems to be a lot of folks thinking Lindsey takes an early bow out. I am not sure why folks would come to that conclusion. Personnaly I think the fingers are pointting at Frank and Clarance. Maybe those are just too obvious, but S2 was really obvious until Mike took his nose dive into the fire. Guess I just don't have all the info on Samburu that everyone here seems to posses.

Sorry I am new guess I should learn to sit shut up watch and learn.

If Life is but a Dream, what happens when we wake up?

10-17-01, 06:16 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode Two: State of the Spoiling"
>Sorry I am new guess I
>should learn to sit shut
>up watch and learn.

Don't apologize... I'm in full agreement with you. You're always welcome to post your opinions... because that's how we refine theories and try to narrow it down to who's really gonna go next.

Welcome to the board!! Hope you stick around and continue to help us spoil the show!!!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "E1 Face Time"
While face time is an important variable, the "least" useful episode in S2 for using face time as a predictor was E2 -- we saw only a little bit of Kel in the first episode, but he (and Mad Dog) were REALLY featured in the second one.

In other words, I don't think the fact that Frank got so much face time in S3 E1 means that he's the first person in Samburu to go.

10-17-01, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Diane's chat"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

Diane did her final chat for CBS. SurvivorFever has posted highlights of it here, and there is a thread on this board about it here, even though CBS has not added it to the Survivor Web site yet.

In the chat, Diane says that she keeps in touch with all of her tribemates and with everyone from Samburu except Brandon, Kim P. and Frank. Now, I'm sure that everyone is coached to avoid another "Deb's friends", but still ... my first thought is that these three must have made it to the jury, which means that none of them will get the boot this week. It looks similar to Mad Dog's chat last year, where she didn't list four people: Jerri, Amber, Lis, and Nick ... and all four of them made the jury.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Diane's chat"
Isn't it also possible though that she came to really dislike any one (or more) of those three? If they were voted off early and they had a blow-out of some sort, I could easily see her not keeping in touch. All three of those people seem to have strong personalities that could easily come into conflict with hers. I do think you're right that none of those three get the boot this week, but I'm not so sure they all make the merge.

Didi? Gogo? Where are you? It's me. I'm here. No more waiting. Didi? Gogo? Where are you? I told you I'd come, didn't I? Hello? I could have sworn it was this bench. Where are they? Didi? Gogo?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 03:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Diane's chat"
My impression during the chat (as much as one can form one with these things) is that she launched into the list, which was to be of both tribes but started with Samburu. She had gotten these names out and then did a little hiccup and said, um, pretty much everybody, even Clarence.

At the time she shifted gears though, she had not completed the list and come to any stop, she just switched into all-inclusive mode. Maybe someone told her to stop and just generalize. That's how it came across.

The list seemed promising, but I would not say she meant it to end where it did and definitely leave three people off. She may have realized there were one or two people she didn't like or who are snubbing her and that if she kept naming names she would point them out by omission.

It also sounds like she went off on safari almost immediately after her boot. She may have been gone before the next bootee got there and not come back until near the end.

She may just email these people because she wants desperately to feel like she's an integral part of the game and they may just write back because they feel sorry for her and don't want another Debb breakdown when they get reunited live. Just want to put that possibility out there. I was struck by the fact that she seems not to have SEEN anyone since returning, so she may not have bonded wonderfully with anyone at all.

Someone mentioned on the chat thread that she would have gotten to know Samburu during training. I thought I heard Probst clearly state in the opening bus ride that none of them had said a word to each other up to that point. Those were the rules before, to avoid alliance between tribes before merge, and I don't see that changing. The impression I got in chat was that she gravitated naturally to the Samburu people but then found out her name was on the Boran list and had to go hang with them. I doubt there was time for more than the briefest hellos before she got herded.

This of course would make it more significant if she got to know any Samburus in Africa, but I'm still not convinced that the bonds are not all in Diane's head.

Bottom line: I would not count the three left off the list as safe until merge because of the chat remark. I guess we'll see.
This week is very hard to read.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Diane's chat"
>>It also sounds like she went off on safari almost immediately after her boot. She may have been gone before the next bootee got there and not come back until near the end.

I have a different opinion on this. I didn't see the Chat, but I saw her on the Morning Show. At the time, when she said "we" had a great time, "we" saw ( insert various animals here)I got the impression that she went with someone she was at least aquainted with(as opposed to just guides and other tourists) Plus there were only 3 days between her leaving camp, and the next person voted off. Diane wasn't well, it seems to me she would take a least 3 days to rest and rehydrate before going on a Safari trip around Africa.
I'm not so sure she went alone.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-18-01, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Diane's chat"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-01 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

This is a good point. LAst year early bootees went traveling together. Too bad we do not know who her other person was. I do not see wone of the younger Samburu memebers wanting to travel with her. it hink they would wait to see who the next person to get voted off was.

I am thinking more it is Linda.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Diane's chat"
I picked Linda to be booted too. It would make more sense for Diane to travel with her. But the minute I posted "Linda" to be booted I see all these different sites that are all predicting Brandon is the one booted out. I even heard he drops a log on Silas' back during the one challenge because he is weak.

I'll be watching now to see if Brandon does drop a log on Silas' back or if it was just made-up. I don't know what to believe anymore. I've heard speculation both tribes win the RC but everyone seems convinced Boran wins the IC.

10-18-01, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Diane's chat"
Ebug, so glad you posted this. Yes, my memory of the Early Show is the same--"we."

I was a little fuzzy about that last night when I posted, tired. I did get the impression she left soon, so the first bootee would be the right time frame. Diane indicated that she's been in good health since the game, so that says she probably just needed rehydrating and was good to go... no intestinal aftereffects if she's being truthful.

I agree that Linda would be a good candidate for companion--or Frank on the outside...

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Diane's chat"
Don't the bootees always travel with someone from MBP?

I might be remembering that wrong but I thought that was the case. If so, the "we" could be her chaperone.

I'm still sticking with Linda as the bootee tonight - just leery of reading too much into the chats.

pooh

10-18-01, 04:29 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Diane's chat"
Lisa, I completely agree that leery is correct attitude to take with chats and interviews--much as we hope for a slip-up.
She even responded to one question in the on-line chat with, to paraphrase--sorry, can't answer that as it gives information about the game. Guess they let one of those questions through as an example.

You may well be right about the chaperone, but since Linda has been to Africa previously I also think she's the perfect person to show Diane a really good "authentic" safari. I think that given Diane's humiliation at being first boot (whether she admits it to us or not, we all know the first boot feels bad about it), she would really want to travel with a fellow cast member--they could both continue to feel connected to the game.

Diane's interest in staying connected shows in her emails to most of the cast.

10-18-01, 06:02 PM (EST)
18. "First boot humiliation..."
...is a real factor, OFG. Thanks for bringing it up again.

We all saw how embarassed Debb was last year, and we learned a tremendous amount from her friends list -- in part because she wanted to show how close she was with everyone else not on the jury. Sonja was much more happy-go-lucky about it ... but Diane is much closer to Debb in personality that Sonja.

Never forget that on the very first episode of Survivor -- which was called "Expedition:Robinson" in Sweden, the first country where Castaway Productions sold the concept -- the first person booted committed suicide upon getting back to Sweden.

So ... putting all that together ... I think Diane may have been lucky enough to have a second person booted who was fun to do things with. Linda would fit that description.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •