The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"true reality issues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

tartar 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-11-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tartar Click to send private message to tartar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"true reality issues"
I love to watch SO. It is now the only thing I care to watch on television. Does anyone think that some of these stories are over the top? Does anyone think that any of the women are asked to make their lives seem more dramatic than they are? Everytime I watch it seems to me that I can't belive that one person has so many problems.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: true reality issues TERAESA 10-11-05 1
 RE: true reality issues Guaraldi 10-12-05 2
   RE: true reality issues kcoxe 10-12-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TERAESA 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TERAESA Click to send private message to TERAESA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: true reality issues"
I love the show, and have watched from day 1.

I am a big fan of reality tv. And starting over is my favorite. I don't think that the stories are unreal, but everyone has there own opinion. I myself have had alot of issuse in my life, and they keep on coming.I also feel that the ladies that have been chosen for the program are very lucky to have the help that they are getting from the life coaches, Rhonda is my favorite I hope someday to meet her. I would be very disappointed to find out that anything on the show was coached by the producers.
Everyone has there own opinion and theres my 2 cents...

Guaraldi 7 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guaraldi Click to send private message to Guaraldi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: true reality issues"
As a writer, I confess that SO is a guilty pleasure. Having said that, of course, it pains me when I hear someone say 'I love reality television.' To each his own, I guess. While some of these women do seem to illustrate an excessive amount of historonics, I don't believe they really suffer from more problems than the ordinary person. Granted, I'm sure they are chosen on the basis of their 'dramatic' possibilities. Will they ever have a well-adjusted, well-balanced and self-accepting woman on the show? I doubt it. It wouldn't be good television.

kcoxe 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-12-05, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kcoxe Click to send private message to kcoxe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: true reality issues"
>As a writer, I confess that
>SO is a guilty pleasure.
> Having said that, of
>course, it pains me when
>I hear someone say 'I
>love reality television.' To each
>his own, I guess.
>While some of these women
>do seem to illustrate an
>excessive amount of historonics, I
>don't believe they really suffer
>from more problems than the
>ordinary person. Granted, I'm
>sure they are chosen on
>the basis of their 'dramatic'
>possibilities. Will they ever
>have a well-adjusted, well-balanced and
>self-accepting woman on the show?
> I doubt it.
>It wouldn't be good television.
>

Well adjusted, well balanced, and self accepting women would not be on the show because they are well adjusted, well balanced, and self accepting women, that have no reason to "Start Over".

I don't believe that the women are padding their stories. What would be the point? Isn't there enough real stuff in most peoples lives to address without making up extra stuff?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •