The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Meet My Folks is hilarious"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-22-02, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I'm currently watching this new show where three guys come and live with a girl and her parents and I'm laughing my head off.

I can't believe that they are telling the things about these poor guys: They cheat on their past girlfriends, like being spanked, sleep with their friend's moms. Ah... the good old days when I was dating are all coming back to me!

Is anyone else watching this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious SurvivorBlows 07-22-02 1
   A heads-up to all... PepeLePew13 07-24-02 10
 "pilot" photos SurvivorBlows 07-22-02 2
   RE: "pilot" photos Canada Girl 07-23-02 3
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious PepeLePew13 07-23-02 4
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious sticks 07-23-02 5
 How does it work. Femme 07-23-02 6
   RE: How does it work. PepeLePew13 07-23-02 7
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious curious 07-23-02 8
   RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious PepeLePew13 07-23-02 9
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious SkyRaider 07-24-02 11
   Coach Dad Drive My Car 07-26-02 15
       RE: Coach Dad Femme 07-26-02 16
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious Kokoro 07-24-02 12
 LMAO Femme 07-24-02 13
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious Loree 07-25-02 14
   Camron CSHS79 07-27-02 18
       RE: Camron Loree 08-06-02 22
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious tribephyl 07-26-02 17
   RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious Ahtumbreez 08-01-02 19
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious Bebo 08-01-02 20
   RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious Femme 08-01-02 21
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious mocha madness 08-06-02 23
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious Femme 08-13-02 24
   Chris was a slimeball! sticks 08-13-02 25
       RE: Chris was a slimeball! PepeLePew13 08-13-02 27
           RE: Chris was a slimeball! SurvivorBlows 08-13-02 28
       RE: Chris was a slimeball! curious 08-14-02 30
   RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious PepeLePew13 08-13-02 26
 RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious mocha madness 08-13-02 29
   RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious Loree 08-14-02 31
 8/19 show PepeLePew13 08-20-02 32
   RE: 8/19 show northernlights 08-20-02 33
       RE: 8/19 show Crimsyn 08-21-02 34
       RE: 8/19 show PepeLePew13 08-21-02 35
           RE: 8/19 show Loree 08-22-02 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-22-02, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I warched it, but be careful of the apparent Love Cruise-like episode airing schedule:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=34

-SB

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "A heads-up to all..."
for those of you who haven't checked the link yet, the second show of "Meet My Folks" is tonight, Wednesday the 24th, on NBC at 8 pm EST.

07-22-02, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. ""pilot" photos"
FYI, a while back NBC has released some photos to the media for what was labelled the "pilot" for this show. Apparently they opted not to air it tonight, so who knows if it's being held back or has been pulled for whatever reason. Since the daughter's name in the Episode 2 DeCastro family seems to be named Jessica, it's not airing as episode 2.

MEET MY FOLKS -- “Pilot” -- Pictured: (l-r) Chris, James, C.J., Chloe

MEET MY FOLKS -- “Pilot” -- Pictured: (l-r) James -- JAMES GETS HIS WIRES CROSSED WHEN CHLOE'S DAD TAKES THE GUYS ON A FISHING TRIP

MEET MY FOLKS -- “Pilot” -- Pictured: (l-r) Alan (Chloe's dad), James, Chris -- CORRECTIONAL OFFICER ALAN SHARES SOMETHING ABOUT THE TOOLS OF HIS TRADE WITH HIS DAUGHTER'S POTENTIAL DATE MATES

MEET MY FOLKS -- “Pilot” -- Pictured: (l-r) Dawn (Chloe's mom), Chris -- DAWN COOKS UP A WAY OF FINDING OUT MORE ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF MAN CHRIS IS

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-23-02, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "pilot" photos"
Hmmm, looks like older guys for the "pilot". One of them looks kinda hot. Hope they show it.

p.s. Webby, I finally checked out the news section of the SB website and it is fantastic!!! I've bookmarked it and will visit often and reccommend it to friends. (:

07-23-02, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
Oh yes, my wife and I both watched it last night and we were ROFLing at some of the stuff in there. They couldn't have found 3 worse liars on the planet and the parents were a hoot as well. Amazing the parents were so tolerant through it all as their tramp of a daughter literally threw herself all over these boys. Like heck I'd let my daughter swap spit and tongues with two of the guys in the same day!

We'll be sure to watch more of this stuff...

sticks 1165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-23-02, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sticks Click to send private message to sticks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
This show was hilarious!!! I agree, CG.

First of all, the winner, Chris, looked like the missing link between apes and humans. He must have been defrosted a couple hours before the show.

I can't believe that the parents chose someone who had slept with an ex-girlfriend's mother and then lied about it. I don't care what any of the other guys had done, that would have to be the ultimate deal breaker for someone dating my daughter.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-23-02, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "How does it work."
Argh! We missed it, but I really wanted to see it. How does it work? Is it a new girl and three new guys every episode? Someone was already 'picked'? Can someone fill me in so I can watch on Wednesday? (Oh, I hate being "that person", but I'm super curious.)

Femme

07-23-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
7. "RE: How does it work."
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-02 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

You've got it pretty well summed up, Femme. It's 3 lame-ass guys dragged in off the street to meet the parents of a girl -- the winner gets to go to Hawaii (at least that's how it was in the first show) with the girl.

Each of the three guys walked in on a Friday to meet the girl and parents, they were put up in one bedroom and each got a chance to talk to the parents, go on an individual date with the girl and each had 'surprises' where they had to perform a procedure or risk having some skeleton from their past coming up to bite them in the ass (in the first show, each had to belch or wipe mom's cheek with a napkin or eat off dad's plate). Later on, a video on each guy did expose several huge skeletons in their pasts.

One of the real fun parts was when each guy's ex-girlfriend showed up to lambaste her former mate (two said 'oh he cheated on me'). And in copying the movie of a similar name with Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller, the father hooked up the two finalists to a lie detector and both guys lied so badly, it was comical to watch the guy conducting the test to give so many thumb-downs.

One guy did win... but like the father said, they were better off dumping these three guys after the first night and bringing in three totally new guys. They were the sorriest bunch of liars and cheats you ever saw in your life, even if they did look good (not counting Chris who had a Schwarzenegger-esqe smile and expression).

Edited to add that I may consider doing an episode summary for the next show. It's a hoot so far...and probably worthy of a serious bashing thru an ep summ.

curious 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-23-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curious Click to send private message to curious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I agree with you CG, this show is too funny. I couldn't believe all the info that got revealed by these guys. And for the guys to sit there & not say anything while their ex-girlfriends got to bash them was hilarious.

The lie detector part was the best. I don't know how they got the idea that maybe they could lie to the lie detector & not get caught. The parents, who used who lied the least on the test as the deciding factor of who would go to Hawaii with their daughter, ended up with the guy who slept with his ex's mother instead of the guy who cheated on his SATs to get him into college. Talk about your moral dilemmas!

BTW-did anyone happen to notice the disclaimer at the end of the show stating that the winners of the trip have the option of taking separate vacations?

07-23-02, 04:55 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
>BTW-did anyone happen to notice the disclaimer at the end
>of the show stating that the winners of the trip have the
>option of taking separate vacations?

Yes I noticed that as well... probably trying to avoid the risk of a repeat of the Darva-Rick fiasco after "Who wants to marry a multi-millionaire" if it works out that the girl can't stand any of the three guys.

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-24-02, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
Wow! Where was Coach Dad when I was that young dating? Not only does he let the guy take his daughter to Hawaii for a week to screw around with, but he knows from the lie detector that afterr the guy dumps the daughter, he's coming after his wife!

I think Coach Dad picked the Arnold Swartznegger looking guy more as a prospective high school football player than he did for a future son-in-law. Sort of reminds me of the (true) story of a local coach here in Southern California who some years ago used to take 3-4 of his players home with him and his wife, um, entertained them.

Hey, you do what you have to do to keep good players happy, ya know?

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-02, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Coach Dad"
I only saw the last 10 minutes of this one. Coach Dad, was the coach of our local High School ( Granbury High) til last year, when he was fired.

Don't know if he still lives in my town ( I doubt it)

( sometimes you hear good stuff at the pool)

07-26-02, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Coach Dad"
>>til last year, when he was fired.<<

Gee, might that have something to do with his winning personality? Or maybe his exceptional people skills? Heehee..

Femme

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
What total freaks - especially the guy at the dinner table? Um -someone ~did~ tell him the parents make the final decision right?

I would've slapped his mouth off right there....

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

07-24-02, 11:49 PM (EST)
13. "LMAO"
Oh, ferchrissakes... can you say squirm? That was awful. I loved it. This is such a funny, funny show!

I think dear old dad chose the safer of the two. The guy with the money problems would have been my first one booted, too, and I think, as a parent, I would have scrapped the nympho as well. The daughter even said, "I don't think it will go anywhere..." Music to a dad's ears, I'm sure.

Femme

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I missed the first episode but my husband told me it was hilarious. So I watched the second ep lastnight. I enjoyed it. I think the dad picked Anthony because he bonded the best with him. Never mind the daughter preferred Camron. I think the dad knew that Camron would cheat on his daughter and break her heart. Plus he was sure his daughter wouldn't sleep with Anthony in Hawaii because she wasn't attracted to him.

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-27-02, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Camron"
Jessica & her family appearred on one of those entertainment shows the following night and it was mentioned how Jessica may be seeing Camron on the sly & she laughed it off.
Personally I think the show is hilarious,in that slapstick sort of way.I think I also heard Jessica say to one of the guys when he came in how nice it was to see him again, so I wonder if the girls actually get a voice in who shows up.Does anyone know how they pick which guys show up?

08-06-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Camron"
I read a short article with Anthony in the EW magazine. He was laughing and saying he was given advice on how to beat the lie detector (I guess they knew about that in advance) and he said he lied a couple times and the guy gave him the thumbs up saying he was telling the truth. Then he said that Camron made the mistake of getting too close to the girl. He knew the way to win was to suck up to the parents (especially the dad). I wonder if Dad is happy he picked Anthony now?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-02, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I missed the first ep. but caught the second one and rewatched it 3 times that same night,introducing a new person, each viewing, to the Jaw-dropping hilarity of these 3 poor saps.(all for a trip to Hawaii?)Much like the movie that this show is based on. I found myself laughing in ways I wasn't quite aware I was capable of. In the beggining, I was hesitantly chuckling as the 3 guys tried to get their groove on. While the Father is being fed a videoconference tape of them trying to get their groove on. Then moving to a laugh reminicent of a sudden expulsion of air, like "OOF" as the ex-girlfriends show up for Breakfast and Bombshells. Only to find myself by the end of the program, laughing robustly (chortling and snorting really) and slapping my knees, every time I heard a knock at their door...or the beep of their fax machine.
This show has turned out to be the car wreck at the side of the road between Jerry Springer and ElimiDate, and I can't stop gawking at it, in a very uncomfortable, yet wholly satisfying way.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I think this show is great and as a mom to a teenage daughter I think that all dates should be chosen this way! But a question, how in the world are they going to have a second season of this show? After all half the fun is watching how the guys react to ex-girlfriends showing up, the doorbell ringing and the lie detector. Next season they would being expecting it, in other words they would be threatening family members and friends, sneaking valium into the house and learning deep breathing techniques for the lie detector and paying off old girlfriends!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
Thanks y'all for pointing me to this show. Mr. Bebo and I were in hysterics watching last night! This could become a regular guilty pleasure for me.

We also agreed that her dad looked too young to be her father - he looked good! It is priceless watching their faces when the fax cranks up or the doorbell rings.

And last night's tasks at the dinner table were a riot! Poor mom.

Big Blowser 3 profile
Bebo: Age 23. Female Human. Lingerie Model & Bartender. Rude, mean, snotty, etc. Major breast augmentation, wears thong bikinis every day. BB3’s eye candy.
"You're an evil, evil woman Ms. Bebo. I'm sure you're used to those kind of compliments" - katem

08-01-02, 09:33 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I really like this show, but this last episode left a little to be desired. Dad liked the boys too much, the girl didn't seem the least bit involved (the last episode I saw, the girl was totally into the antics, even if she didn't get a say in the decision) and the boys got by without revealing their secrets at the first meeting.

Would have liked to see them squirm a little more, but still a super funny (uncomfortable) show.

Femme

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-06-02, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I finally checked this show out last night, 8-5-02, and Canada Girl is right on...this show is hilarious. Last nights show had the same formula that has been reported here and elsewhere, and I am getting on the bandwagon...this is a bona fide hit show. My question is to whether the parents role is scripted....it is clear that the guys involved are clueless, but the Dad last night could have been Robert Duvall of the Great Santini...it was that good.

08-13-02, 08:48 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
Last night's episode was the pilot that webby posted pictures of, and it was definitely different. There was no fax machine, no orders for the boys to act like fools at dinner (a touch I love!) and a whole lot of bland, mellow secrets about the guys. They weren't anything like the first episode I saw... It was still good, and very uncomfortable to watch, but a good cringe just makes me feel better I guess.

Next week, they're going to have 3 girls and one guy with his family. The girls are shameless it seems, flirting with dad and parading about in bikinis. They looked like super-girls in the promo, and apparently Mom gets to play the "bad cop" by asking the questions during the lie detector stuff and keeping them busy their first Saturday morning. Should be a funy one to watch.

Heehee, while looking at the NBC site to post the synopsis of next weeks show, I found this line near the end of it:

All three contestants spend a weekend with the Fresno, California family and are put through a battery of challenges in order to impress the parents and win the girl, including the infamous "Meet My Folks" lie detector test.
emphasis mine...

win the girl? Maybe they should write new one instead of cutting and pasting old ones. Funny.

Femme

sticks 1165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-13-02, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sticks Click to send private message to sticks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Chris was a slimeball!"
Did anyone else watch this last night? That smooth-talker Chris thought he had it won the entire weekend!

He kept referring to himself in the third person. "Chris is going to Hawaii" "Chris is going to win".

Too bad Chris; learn some pronouns next time.

08-13-02, 12:36 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Chris was a slimeball!"
Well, that's what we SBlows spoilers call a "foreshadowing" that Chris wasn't going to win it. I figured out that he was toast by about the 15 minute mark when he kept bragging he's going to Hawaii -- he must have said it about 6 separate times during the whole show. What a nutball.

C.J. won more out of default than by actually being the most deserving one -- yeah he was more upfront and honest, but this was the best they had?

08-13-02, 01:29 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Chris was a slimeball!"
>Well, that's what we SBlows spoilers
>call a "foreshadowing" that Chris
>wasn't going to win it.

Yes, it's now clear why this was the pilot and why they'd opted to not open the series with it.

...way too much "subtle" editing. My only surprise is why NBC didn't bury this episode in one of the Saturday night schedule slots.

Now next week looks funny...

-SB

curious 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-14-02, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curious Click to send private message to curious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Chris was a slimeball!"
He kept referring to himself in the third person. "Chris is going to Hawaii" "Chris is going to win".

I was LMAO every time he did that. What an arrogant jerk.

08-13-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I agree, Femme... I kept waiting for the fax and for the embarrassing questions at the dinner table. I also noticed there weren't any appearances by the ex-girlfriends either. It could be that they filmed this show first and then realized they needed to tweak it up a bit by adding the fax/dinner/exes stuff.

I also didn't think the past skeletons were as embarrassing as some of the first few episodes. Still, it was enjoyable as always to watch the squirming by the guys! It should be interesting to see how it works next week for the females as there probably will be more cattiness going on but might not be as interesting as they just don't blatantly lie like guys do (at least that's my experience). I hope the mom is an uber-##### so she can carve up the three girls at will... we'll see.

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-13-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I must agree that the show this week, 8-12-02, was weak. This was the episode to bury. I read an interview on reality news online website (sorry I don't have the link) with the girl from the ranch episode from 8-5-02. This put some interesting perspective on how the show is made vs. what we saw in that episode. This was very interesting, and I recommend it to fans of this show, and of the reality genre.

08-14-02, 01:45 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Meet My Folks is hilarious"
I have friends that watched this episode as their first one. They didn't understand why anyone liked the show. So I guess it was a good reason not to use it as the pilot. I didn't really care for any of the guys. Chris reminded me of Eb from GREEN ACRES and I kept expecting him to call the dad Mr. Douglas.

08-20-02, 08:35 AM (EST)
32. "8/19 show"
Well, for anyone thinking that the show with 3 ladies couldn't be any worse than the ones we've already seen with 3 guys... you're wrong!

We got the so-called Girl Next Door who actually looks pretty nice and had a more agreeable personality (although she couldn't stop lying on the lie-detector) -- and we also had Barbie Doll who uses a paint roller to apply makeup and Silicon Sally (which is how the dad described her) with her massive ta-ta's.

The son made a show-long pitch to his parents to dump the nice girl next door saying he only had feelings for Silicon Sally (read: only had feelings for her bOObs). It was obvious the parents greatly liked Girl Next Door and would have chosen her for their son to go to Hawaii with, but his constant whining/pining for FakeTits meant that Silicon Sally won.

Highlight of the show? Barbie Doll's ex boyfriend said that she is always getting sugar daddies and "recently lived with a 60-year old." She was indignant and said "Well! First of all... he was NOT SIXTY YEARS OLD! HE WAS FIFTY-ONE! So there." Check your brains at the door, doll.

All in all, this was a real stupid show with nothing more than fluff as the girls hit on the dad too and he kept commenting how nice it was. I'd rather have the shows with the 3 guys -- it's better TV that way.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-02, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: 8/19 show"
I was hoping somebody here had caught this last night. Mr. Lights and I fell asleep about half-way through and missed the end of the show. We knew that the son was all ga-ga for Silicone Sally but didn't think that Mom and Dad would go along with his choice. What did Girl Next Door lie about that was so terrible?

We have a 23 yr old son and we were laughing about how we would have handled the hot tub situation where the son was asking the three girls to flash him while Mom and Dad were watching on the tv inside. I asked Mr. Lights if he would have gone outside and told the kid to be a gentleman like this Dad did. Mr. Lights said, "Hell no, I would have pulled up closer to the tv!", so I threw a pillow at him! He swears he was just kidding!

I don't know who I would have picked if that was my son. None of them were even close to daughter-in-law material. I wasn't very impressed with the son either, for that matter. As far as I was concerned, he got what he deserved with Miss Silicone Boobs!

I agree Pepe, this show was horrible. Were these the best girls they could find? Bring back the 3 guys and a daughter setup. Works much better that way.

Crimsyn 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-21-02, 05:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crimsyn Click to send private message to Crimsyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: 8/19 show"
Lets see. The only one that I can remember her lying about was the question about her feelings for the guy. Pretty harmless I guess, but c'mon. She lied about 85% more than Silicone Sally. Plus she didn't even like the guy, or so she says. I think she was just pissed because he didn't like her.

Speaking of Silicone Sally, my favorite quote "I'm a gassy girl" Good heavans. lol I know everyone "passes gas" but a girl doing it because its "funny". She just seemed to brazen for me.

I didn't really like any of the girls, from a girls point of view. I can see why he liked the two with huge ta-tas. The blonde was pretty I guess, or would be if she didn't have on 10 pounds of makeup.

I think that I am better than the people who are trying to reform me. -- Edgar Watson Howe

08-21-02, 10:37 AM (EST)
35. "RE: 8/19 show"
>What did Girl Next Door lie
>about that was so terrible?

Well, for one thing, she was caught lying when she said "no" to the question "Are you just using my son to win a trip to Hawaii" and other beauts similiar to that.

I'll give Silicon Sally a bit of credit -- she comes across as a lot more vacuous than Girl Next Door but she makes less of an effort to hide things and is more upfront. But I'll echo Crims, girl what the hell is up with your flatulence problem?!?

Having said that, if I were in the parents' position, she'd be second to Girl Next Door despite the latter's warts and all.

One revealing statement by the parents while they were trying to decide which one would go to Hawaii with their son: "Well, Silicon Sally probably won't last long with Josh anyway."

08-22-02, 06:40 PM (EST)
36. "RE: 8/19 show"
I think the problem with this show was that it was not believable that this guy would have his parents set him up with a date. When it is the parents of the daughter you believe that the parents could be overprotective and worrying about who is dating their daughter. But this guy was nothing like a momma's boy and old enough that the parents didn't have to worry about one of the girls taking advantage of him and hurting him.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •