The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol Top 7 East Coast Update Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-09-05, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol Top 7 East Coast Update Thread"
Let's keep the comments here until everybody has had a chance to watch the show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Big Band Week strid333 08-09-05 1
 Suzi strid333 08-09-05 2
   RE: Suzi Loree 08-09-05 9
 Aaron strid333 08-09-05 3
   RE: Aaron Loree 08-09-05 10
 Melissa strid333 08-09-05 4
   RE: Melissa Loree 08-09-05 11
 Josh strid333 08-09-05 5
   RE: Josh Loree 08-09-05 12
 Rex strid333 08-09-05 6
   RE: Rex Loree 08-09-05 13
 Casey strid333 08-09-05 7
   RE: Casey Loree 08-09-05 14
 Daryl strid333 08-09-05 8
   RE: Daryl Loree 08-09-05 15
 Results Loree 08-10-05 16
   RE: Results strid333 08-10-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-09-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Big Band Week"
I love Big Band but I fully expect this week to suck. Oh, and Mike Bullard fans might be happy to know that Orin Issacs isn't dead (though Mike's comedy is). He's directing the band for this week.

Three is the perfect number.

08-09-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
2. "Suzi"
Jake says Suzi has swagger. Farley said it was great to see her have fun. Sass thought it was absolutely fabulous. Zach said an underwhelming "Great for you."

I liked that. This scat song is very brassy and Suzi showed some good brass.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-05, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Suzi"
I thought Suzi looked happier this week. She was starting to look like she was just going thru the motions before.

08-09-05, 08:08 PM (EST)
3. "Aaron"
Farley said well done. Sass was totally impressed. Zach said the good news was that was fantastic and bad news was that was fantastic. Jake said Aaron proved he's a big song and dance fan.

I really, really liked that. So far, while I'm clicking for Kaysar, I think I'll be voting for Aaron and Suzi.

08-09-05, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Aaron"
I like Aaron every week. I just find him very likeable.

08-09-05, 08:15 PM (EST)
4. "Melissa"
I think it's pretty good but not great. It is well sung but the performance seems almost robotic.

Sass says she's the best singer, technically, and she loved the emotion. Zach says she's a classic and on the way to winning. Jake said she embraces the idea and is glad Canada figured out why she should be here (last week). Farely said there was great ease with the singing.

08-09-05, 11:50 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Melissa"
I liked her performance last week better. But she was still pretty good.

08-09-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
5. "Josh"
Zach said thanks and it is a privilege to see him here and his talent. Jake said it was like watching a 1940's movie and likes seeing the hair off the face (and he's quite good looking). Farley said it was really good. Sass said good stuff too.

I liked that. I think I will vote a few times for him because I thought he was good and he is from SK.

08-09-05, 11:52 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Josh"
When Josh is good. He is really really good. And then other weeks I am not sure about him. But I really liked him this week. I loved his hair. He should wear it that way more often.

I was getting worried that Zach was going to run up on stage and hug Josh.

08-09-05, 08:30 PM (EST)
6. "Rex"
Jake said original rock came out of this era and thought he sang better than he ever did before. Farley said he liked the way Rex was so natural. Sass said the people are blowing her away tonite. Zach said he wants a TAR non-elimination leg. (But what fun is that in writing the official TAR summary? lol I've only had a couple of those and a TAR recrap.)

Rex was good. I was expecting him to suck but he didn't. He surprised me.

08-09-05, 11:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Rex"
Rex surprised me too. I thought he was going to be out of this element this week. But he did pretty good.

08-09-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
7. "Casey"
Oooooh, her voice just cracked. In a night where we need excuses to send someone home, I think we just got it. Oh, and I'll take back the robotic comments I said about Melissa and put them on Casey.

Farley felt no risk. Sass has almost the same comments as Farley. Zach felt that it was really quite spectacular (this one line in the song). Jake said it just didn't feel right.

08-09-05, 11:55 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Casey"
This was just painful. Zach has even given up insulting her. The judges all know she doesn't deserve to still be in the competition.

08-09-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
8. "Daryl"
Girlboy is singing Louis' classic. And it just doesn't cut it. Louis showed happiness and pain at the same time. Girlboy just isn't. And then he's doing these little ornamentations that I do not like.

Sass said it was Peewee Herman and Jerri Lewis singing Louis Armstrong. Zach said it was tiny talent and he and Casey are on a different tv show. Jake said it was one of the cheesiest performances on the show and where is Potsi. Farley said that didn't win it for him.

08-09-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Daryl"
Again I felt like one of the adults brought their kid along and let him go on stage.

08-10-05, 06:48 PM (EST)
16. "Results"
Bottom 3:

Casey
Aaron
Daryl

Bottom 2:

Aaron
Daryl

Booted:

Daryl

08-10-05, 08:55 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Results"
Woo hoo! I'm happy to hear he's gone. Now I'm going to have to watch the show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •