The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jake encourages Regionalistic voting?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-30-05, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jake encourages Regionalistic voting?"
Last episode on Canadian Idol, the bottom three were all from Western Canada, Jake takes this as a sign that cleary, Western Canadians need to go out and mindlessly vote for people from there location instead of who they actually prefer.
Now, I understand that there will be people who vote based on region, but really, is this the sort of thing the judges should be encouraging?
I don't believe Ashley should have gone home, but, Jake is telling people that they should vote for whoever lives closest to them, instead of their actual favourites.
What's that? You're favourite singer is Aaron? Well, I'm afraid Burnaby is closer to where you live, so you should be voting for Ashley.

Granted, I understand I'm blowing the coment out of preportion, but it still annoys me that a Judge would basically encourage voting based on Region.

(This message is posted much after the episode, as I live in America, and it therefor takes a while for me to actually get access to the episodes of Canadian Idol)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jake encourages Regionalistic v... strid333 07-30-05 1
   RE: Jake encourages Regionalistic v... Jenna_F 07-31-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-30-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jake encourages Regionalistic voting?"
Wowee, an American watching our humble show (but hey, I watch American Idol, too)! So how do you get the show and do you like it?

About your comments, I agree that voting on region is crazy. It is how we ended up with Gary Beals in the Final 2 in the first season of Canadian Idol. For some reason, Canadian Idol 2 didn't seem to be regional and imho, the best people were the ones who stayed to the end.

I know how mad it made me, in the various American Idol seasons, when really poor contestants were being strung along while better contestants were being sent home early. (For example, Scott Savol comes to mind.)

I do not vote for people from my province unless they impress me. I might not quite hold to the standards that I would other competitors, but I still say they have to be good. I voted for Josh 2 weeks ago but I didn't vote for him last week.

In last season's Canadian Idol, I voted for Theresa but did not for Manoah (and Manoah was from my city). When Theresa made it to the final 2, I voted for her over Kalan Porter because I liked them both so much but thought, why not let the home girl win? Earlier in the competition, I was voting for both Kalan and Theresa.

Three is the perfect number.

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-31-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jake encourages Regionalistic voting?"
You can download Canadian Idol 3 episodes from alot of bittorent sites, you can also download New Zealand Idol 2 from www.cisongs.com if you wanted to.

So far, I actually enjoy watching Canadian Idol more then American Idol, American Idol will always have the fact that I can actually vote, but other then that:
- Ben, well anoying, is not as bad as Ryan, and does not use "after the break" as a catch phrase.
- I like the way the Judges interact alot more in Canadian Idol. I get sick of seeing Paula and Simon yell at eachother all the time, it get's boring.
- The Contestant pool. I feel alot less sucky people seem to have gotten into this years top ten on Canadian Idol then the number of crap people who got into American Idol last season.

Regionalist voting does get old, I can't speak of your Canadian Idol examples, as this is the first Canadian Idol season I have watched, but in American Idol, Jasmine 3rd place, really? Hawaii must have been voting all night long.

As for scott, I think he was more of a biproduct of a certain website then region voting.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •