The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"May 31st episode...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Pirate Master Forum (Protected)
Current Message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-06-07, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: May 31st episode...."
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-07 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

>"So, I’d love to see Michel
>or another ‘Editing Analysis’
>guru begin a thread dedicated
>to that art in this forum."

Really?? You want to impose that torture on me!

From memory, We had several "pirates" completely ignored from the confessionals: Azmyth, Nessa, Jupiter, Laurel, Sean, Kendra and Christa weren't introduced. The stories of these players could be developed soon but if they stay invisible another week, look for quick exits.

JD, Ben, Cheryl, Joy and Louie had many confessionals due to their roles in this episode. Besides the episode #1 story, we got a glimpse of:

- The personality of Louie and JD: Louie talking about not being afraid of the work needed on a ship and JD talking about his naval experience and his leadership qualities. A conflict was developed between Louie and the captain. I don't know if that will continue once JD isn't captain or is Louie's anger always going to be towards the weekly captain. The long term prospects of both would be better served if it becomes a personal conflict. Lets not forget that Louie is a character that would always attract the camera, so that could be a distraction.

- The strategy of Ben and Cheryl: Ben talked about staying under the radar and Cheryl told us she knows how the criminal mind works. If those stories get developed once they return to being deck-hands, it would serve them well.

On the other hand, Joy's confessionals were all about her sea-sickness and her vulnerability at PC. The only positive point was hearing JD saying that everybody likes her. Will that be her story? It's not much to go on.

I hold more hope for the players who weren't intrinsic to the story but were still featured, with one exception:

- Christian had a few confessionals but considering his "star" status, it isn't promising. Compared to Gary "Hawkins" in Guatemala, I don't think Christian is in for very long.

- Alexis had quite a few confessionals and many reaction shots during the PC. We also had a quote from John that could either be seen as showing his weirdness or setting up Alexis. When John said: "My astrologer told me to beware of a red haired fox" he was talking to Alexis. If only Alexis had been more focused on by the camera at the time, I'd say that could be our million dollar quote but we almost had to guess John was talking to her. Still, unnecessarily, Alexis' character was shown in episode #1. It could be a good sign compared to the ones that were ignored,

- Jay was the star of the show even without a role. He has a unique look but he didn't come across as a character "à la" Shane or Dreamz. Being the narrator of the troubles of the red team and having all of his reactions shown during the episode is a sure sign we'll be following his story for a while.

We might also have an Outcast twist to blur the stories. We had one the last time Burnett had a pirate theme season.

Guess I did have something to say once I got started. I don't know about starting a thread however. Lets see how episode #2 goes and if there's interest.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 May 31st episode....   aquariaqueen     06-01-07       
   RE: May 31st episode....   weltek     06-01-07     1  
   RE: May 31st episode....   Spanky68     06-01-07     2  
     RE: May 31st episode....   aquariaqueen     06-01-07     3  
     RE: May 31st episode....   AZ_Leo     06-01-07     7  
         RE: May 31st episode....   Spanky68     06-01-07     8  
   RE: May 31st episode....   cipher5150     06-01-07     4  
     RE: May 31st episode....   HistoryDetective     06-01-07     9  
   RE: May 31st episode....   geekboy     06-01-07     5  
     RE: May 31st episode....   Vixxxen     06-01-07     6  
         RE: May 31st episode....   jase     06-01-07     10  
             RE: May 31st episode....   qwertypie     06-01-07     11  
                 RE: May 31st episode....   Wallflower66     06-04-07     18  
   RE: May 31st episode....   cycles2k     06-02-07     12  
     RE: May 31st episode....   Ripley     06-03-07     13  
         RE: May 31st episode....   Max Headroom     06-03-07     14  
             RE: May 31st episode....   agman     06-03-07     15  
                 RE: May 31st episode....   cahaya     06-03-07     16  
         RE: May 31st episode....   agman     06-03-07     17  
         RE: May 31st episode....   tribephyl     06-04-07     19  
             RE: May 31st episode....   Georgianna     06-05-07     20  
                 RE: May 31st episode....   cahaya     06-06-07     21  
                     RE: May 31st episode....   Georgianna     06-07-07     25  
                         RE: May 31st episode....   cahaya     06-10-07     28  
                 RE: May 31st episode....   CTgirl     06-06-07     22  
                 RE: May 31st episode....   michel     06-06-07     23  
                     RE: May 31st episode....   CTgirl     06-06-07     24  
                         RE: May 31st episode....   michel     06-07-07     26  
                     RE: May 31st episode....   Georgianna     06-09-07     27  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •