The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol Top 9 East Coast Update Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-26-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol Top 9 East Coast Update Thread"
Let's keep the comments here until everybody has had a chance to watch the show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Casey strid333 07-26-05 1
   RE: Casey northernlights 07-27-05 11
       RE: Casey Loree 07-27-05 21
 Josh strid333 07-26-05 2
   RE: Josh northernlights 07-27-05 12
       RE: Josh Loree 07-27-05 22
 Amber strid333 07-26-05 3
   RE: Amber northernlights 07-27-05 13
       RE: Amber Loree 07-27-05 23
 Daryl strid333 07-26-05 4
   RE: Daryl northernlights 07-27-05 14
       RE: Daryl Loree 07-27-05 24
 Ashley strid333 07-26-05 5
   RE: Ashley northernlights 07-27-05 15
       RE: Ashley Loree 07-27-05 25
 Rex strid333 07-26-05 6
   RE: Rex northernlights 07-27-05 16
       RE: Rex Loree 07-27-05 26
 Melissa strid333 07-26-05 7
   RE: Melissa northernlights 07-27-05 17
       RE: Melissa Loree 07-27-05 27
 Aaron strid333 07-26-05 8
   RE: Aaron northernlights 07-27-05 18
       RE: Aaron Loree 07-27-05 28
 Suzi strid333 07-26-05 9
   RE: Suzi northernlights 07-27-05 19
       RE: Suzi Loree 07-27-05 29
 Conclusion strid333 07-26-05 10
   RE: Conclusion northernlights 07-27-05 20
       RE: Conclusion Loree 07-27-05 30
       RE: Conclusion strid333 07-27-05 33
 RE: Canadian Idol Top 9 East Coast ... strid333 07-27-05 31
   RE: Canadian Idol Top 9 East Coast ... Loree 07-28-05 34
 Next Weeks Theme SPOILER strid333 07-27-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-26-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Casey"
Hey did you see that girl sing "Superstition" on Rock Star INXS? No, well there's a good chance you'll see a girl sing that song here because it is Stevie Wonder week.

Casey Leblanc "Heaven Help a Child" Ok, first, I usually could care less about the outfits but her outfit does not fit her performance of this slower song. She did ok but meh.

Jake - better than last week but didn't feel anything. Farley needs more drive. Sass agrees with the judges but feels it was her best. Zach agrees. Wasn't bad but wasn't great. Wants her to figure it out.

Three is the perfect number.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Casey"
Wasn't captured by her performance and the outfit did absolutely nothing to help grab my attention.

*snore*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Casey"
Not good, not bad. Just uninteresting.

07-26-05, 11:06 PM (EST)
2. "Josh"
Singin' "That Girl."

I voted for the home province guy last week but I'm not voting this week. It's not horrible (to the point where I'll never vote for him again) but not good enough for a vote today.

Farley said he's having fun. Sass feels he's a real stylist. Zach said it was unappealing. Jake said way to go.

07-27-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Josh"
LMAO at his cowboy shirt comment to Zach. Liked him last week. This week? Not so much.

07-27-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Josh"
Last week I thought Josh had the best performance. But this week he just seemed greasy and eeewwww!

07-26-05, 11:10 PM (EST)
3. "Amber"
"Lately" It was really good but I would like to see her try a little faster song to show if she is flexible. So far all we've seen is her singing slower songs.

Sass said the higher notes were amazing. Zach felt the song was not sung to her potential. Jake says get out of the ballad mode (what I already said). Farley said it was a good point and sing Stevie you need more soul.

07-27-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Amber"
Dammit! I missed her song. All I got to see was the little review at the end but it sure sounded great. I'm definitely an Amber fan. It will be interesting to see how she does with the non-ballad mode.

07-27-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Amber"
She almost put me to sleep.

07-26-05, 11:19 PM (EST)
4. "Daryl"
Girlboy sings "Superstition"

Give me the Rock Star INXS girl any day. (Yes, I'm semi-watching that show but I don't know any names yet) I want this guy home NOW. (Although he did not sing out of key).

Zach felt the arrangment was horrible but he sang fine. Jake felt it was quite bland. Farley felt it was quite good. Sass thought it was great.

07-27-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Daryl"
As much as I'd like to cheer for the Northern Ontario boy (his hometown is only 1 1/2 hours away), I just can't do it. He's not ready yet. He's just to young to be my Canadian Idol. I like his voice, I just can't watch him.

07-27-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Daryl"
He still looks 12 years old to me and I can not take him serious in this competition.

07-26-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
5. "Ashley"
I liked this performance.

Farley liked it. Jake liked it. Sass felt it was good; not great. Zach felt it was good but wanted some more flair

07-27-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Ashley"
Missed this one too. I think I was flipping back and forth between this and Average Joe and the Average Joes were more interesting than her.

07-27-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ashley"
My DH has a crush on her and thinks everything she does is good. LOL!

07-26-05, 11:25 PM (EST)
6. "Rex"
Pastime Paradise

It was good. (But now I want to listen to "Amish Paradise" lol)

Farley felt soul. Sass felt a rocknroll edge and it worked. Zach didn't feel locked in? Jake felt soul.

07-27-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Rex"
More and more I'm hoping that Rex goes far in this contest. He has the personality and I can't remember anything he's sung that I didn't like. Loved the glasses at the end.

07-27-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Rex"
Rex was my favourite performance this week. I look forward to what he does each week. He just seems happy all the time.

07-26-05, 11:32 PM (EST)
7. "Melissa"
"Living For the City"

Well, she was in trouble last week. This week she should be fine.

Sass thought it was pretty good. Zach felt something weird from the first verse to the rest of the song. Jake felt some heart and soul and funk. Farley felt the effort and appreciated it.

07-27-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Melissa"
I really liked the part where the Average Joe guy pulled the sliver out of whatshername's foot.

07-27-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Melissa"
I thought Melissa was better last week and she still ended up in the bottom 3. So not sure what will happen to her this week.

07-26-05, 11:41 PM (EST)
8. "Aaron"
"You Haven't Done Nuthin" I liked that.

Zach felt it was the best performance in 2 weeks. Jake felt it was great and thinks he's getting the overperforming under control. Farley felt lots of soul. Sass started singing.

Ok, I loved Aaron's voiceover reading the phone number. lol

07-27-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Aaron"
Aaron's another of my favs. He had me at the Blue Rodeo song. I wasn't crazy about the song (actually I wasn't crazy about many of the song choices last night) but he sang it well.

07-27-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Aaron"
I like Aaron too. He kind of goes up and down with me depending on his song choice.

07-26-05, 11:46 PM (EST)
9. "Suzi"
Higher Ground

She doesn't belong on Idol. She belongs on Rock Star (not meant as an insult).

Jake happy she chose Chili Peppers version. Farley really liked it. Sass felt she owned the stage. Zach said BOOM.

07-27-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Suzi"
She is really growing on my. As she evolves into the superstar with all the makeup and wardrobe I find that I'm not as put off by her appearance as I was in the beginning. She's always had the pipes. BOOM indeed!

07-27-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Suzi"
I normally like Suzi. But lastnight it seemed like she was going through the motions but didn't really feel the song.

07-26-05, 11:48 PM (EST)
10. "Conclusion"
Ok nobody blew me away and said that I MUST MUST MUST vote for them. I am going to try to get through a couple of times for Suzi but no more. I just don't have the patience.

07-27-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Conclusion"
I haven't voted for a couple of weeks now. I always had better luck getting through if I waited for about 20 minutes before trying. Like you said, nobody knocked my socks off and made me feel like voting.

I have a question and I'm a little embarrassed about it. Just who the heck is Zach? Is he a singer? A producer? Or is he just a Simon wannabee? Sometimes I find him funny, other times I think he goes a little overboard.

07-27-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Conclusion"
I always thought Zach was a producer.

Lastnight I wondered if Sass had a bottle hidden behind the desk. And later in the show I thought they were all drinking out of it. They sure were a happy goofy group lastnight.

07-27-05, 09:55 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Conclusion"
Here is Zach's bio on the official website. http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/idol/CTVShows/1076175630027_71584655/

Seems that he's a jack of all trades.

07-27-05, 09:45 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Canadian Idol Top 9 East Coast Update Thread"
Josh, Ashley, and Melissa bottom 3. Josh safe.

Ashley is gone. The girls were crying.

07-28-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Canadian Idol Top 9 East Coast Update Thread"
Ashley lost it the minute she realized there was a chance she was in the bottom 3. She seemed to have the hiccups and then it just looked like she couldn't stop shaking. I don't think she was prepared to be booted this episode and it really hit her.

07-27-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
32. "Next Weeks Theme SPOILER"
80's. Bananarama fun, eh?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •