The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold Pass"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-12-01, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold Pass"
I just wanted to make sure you all knew that if you have a Gold Pass subscription at Realplayer you can view exclusive footage from Survivor. I'm not sure if there is any spoiler worthy stuff there but we might get a better feel for the dynamics.. which may help us choose who might be on the chopping block. Has anyone seen the scenes?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Is anyone going to buy this? AyaK 10-12-01 1
   RE: Is anyone going to buy this? SurvivorBlows 10-12-01 2
       RE: Is anyone going to buy this? Rudyrox 10-12-01 3
 RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold ... SurvivorBlows 10-13-01 4
   RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold ... Lightmage81 10-13-01 5
       RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold ... SurvivorBlows 10-13-01 6
   RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold ... samiam 10-13-01 7
       RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold ... SurvivorBlows 10-15-01 11
   RE: something interesting in the fr... tribephyl 10-14-01 8
       RE: something interesting in the fr... Krautboy 10-15-01 9
           Good catch weltek 10-15-01 10
       RE: something interesting in the fr... SurvivorBlows 10-15-01 13
           RE: something interesting in the fr... AresMars 10-16-01 15
 FISH OUT OF WATER clip recap... SurvivorBlows 10-15-01 12
   RE: FISH OUT OF WATER clip recap... supershirll 10-16-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-01, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Is anyone going to buy this?"
Any takers for the Gold Pass subscription? If so, we'd REALLY appreciate it if you'd share what you learn with us. As for me ... no way, I'm too cheap!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-01, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is anyone going to buy this?"
I'm not sure if my subscription from MLB is still active (it worked for BB2.) I'll try it and see...

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-12-01, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is anyone going to buy this?"
If you didn't call and cancel.. it's still active. When I called to cancel after BB2.. mainly because the service was so bad half the time they apologized and gave me three free months.. the lady on the phone told me CBS had something special planned.. I'm glad I let them exend the package. (Hey, it's free)

I watched some of the scenes and didn't really catch anything helpful.. I'll watch the others later.

10-13-01, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold Pass"
Apparently some of them are free at least the first week. It turns out I have a the GoldPass still active, so I'm looking through them all. So far, other than maybe getting some good vidcaps of everyone's different clothing, they don't look too helpful.

Maybe we can posta quick summary of each clip (they all have names, see:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/insider/episode01.shtml

I've started with the following (I figured those with the paid service, focus on the paid for now, maybe some of the others without the service can do the free ones)

- ORAL HYGIENE: Frank dispensing to everyone "tooth sticks" (twigs that he found that he says are good for such things) to use as toothbrushes (while Carl wanders by in the background not saying anything, apparently not willing to share his toothbrush or toothpaste.)

- TOM FLIRTS WITH JESSIE: A clip called "Tom flirting with Jessie" -- but I didn't see any flirting, I heard more about Clarence carrying on about what a great guy Tom is than anything else.

- DOC PLANS THE DAY: Samburu going to the waterhole all together. Jessie remarking to Carl that she's "gonna come to Orlando and they can have a big Italian feast" (I'm assuming she means a dinner.) Something about aren't someone's teeth beautiful and Carl joking that they could still be a little whiter. Apparently there is a cart already in camp (did they show it in Ep 1?), Carl refers to planning to use it for hauling firewood today. Silas tells "Doc" he loves his stories, and I think Lindsey remarks they are "so entertaining." Carl says you need to keep me around, I have 1000's of them.

-SB

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-13-01, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold Pass"
you know its pretty cock that MB want the public to pay to watch more!!!#$@%@

I have a feeling all these stuff will be shown during a recap episode....

10-13-01, 02:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold Pass"
I don't fault Burnett or CBS for offering additonal info for $$$ -- especially since they know that the online community supported it for BB2 and BB2 doesn't have anywhere NEAR the online spoiling support that Survivor has.

As far as seeing this all footage in a recap episode, I think that's going to be hard -- every week there will be new unaired footage offered from that week's episode. ...and this week's footage alone is 47 minutes in length. Assuming it stays about the same, your recap episode wopuld have to about 9-10 hours in length in order to cover just the unaired footage.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-01, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold Pass"
>Jessie remarking to Carl
Not to be nit-picky, but it wouldn't be Jessie talking to Carl, since she's a Boran (unless for some unknown reason this is post-merge)...so who is it?

Thanks for posting these, Webby!

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

10-15-01, 02:23 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Cut Footage on RealPlayer Gold Pass"
>>Jessie remarking to Carl
>Not to be nit-picky, but it
>wouldn't be Jessie talking to
>Carl,

My bad... I think it's Kim P. -- we only see her from behind (shaking it while she dances a little,) but it's tan shorts and black sports bra.

I'd had a brainlock and assumed it was Jessie because she lives so close to Carl and has similar clothing.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-01, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: something interesting in the free clips"
Video clip title is Kim Powers' Peaches Survivorblows has the link above ^

Teresa is seen looking for a rock and a can in the "kitchen" of the Samburu camp. Silas and Frank are heard shouting from the nearby hut structure. When Teresa arrives with the said can and rock, and joins Silas, Frank, Carl, Kim P.,Brandon and one more that looks remarkably like Linda,sitting inside the hut structure . Lindsey is still missing from the gathering. Brandon has taken this opportunity to vent his dislike for one of the females. You can start to hear Brandon talking about something that really bothered him about someone. Which is responded with, "She'll probably change" from either Kim P.( or Linda )Then you hear Frank say "It's a perfect opportunity".

A Little later Teresa asks(somewhat desperately)if she missed anything important....This would imply that she has been away from the campsite long enough to warrant feeling out of the loop.With Teresa and Lindsey seen in ep.1 getting the mail together and in the free insider clips they are seen cleaning pots together,and getting water. It was probably one of these times that gives the remainder of the tribe to talk things over.

I believe that while Teresa and Lindsey were out Brandon spoke up, then, when Teresa came back without Lindsey he continued his character smudging until, Teresa asked him about what she had missed at which point Brandon quickly then says "just my life nothing important" Either he is talking about Teresa even while she is there or he is talking about Lindsey, but doesn't know if Teresa can be trusted in matters concerning Lindsey.

I realize that the clip is probably from day 1 but it is interesting that in the Survivor show Lindsey seems to be liked well enough..especially by Brandon and Silas and Kim P. MB has hidden the fact that those members had anything bad to say about her.

I really thought Frank was the only one who was pissing people off...He was my choice to go this week but after this clip I may just pick Lindsey as the Bootee in EP.2

Thoughts?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-15-01, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: something interesting in the free clips"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-01 AT 01:51 AM (EST)

Interesting observations. I agree that MB likes to hide things with his editing. In the last Survivor he hid the Colby/Tina alliance and he could very well have been setting up the appearance of an "alliance of the young", through carefully selected previews, only to pull out his trademark twist and surprise us at TC with a Lindsay boot...

Krautboy

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-01, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Good catch"
Great job on deciphering clues in the clips. I'm compelled to believe Samburu goes to TC, but wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was Boran. Franks comment in the extra clips leads me to believe Samburu has TC on the brain, but I'm hoping we get more evidence. IF Samburu does go, I think all gathered evidence is leading to Lindsay. Off to look for more evidence that Samburu looses IC.

10-15-01, 04:03 PM (EST)
13. "RE: something interesting in the free clips"
I don't think this is about Lindsey, I think it's about something back home... the words I made out from Brandon were "my grandmother," "my business," "(knows) everything about me," "not going to be happy about that," and "it kinda bothered me, but you know what..."

The comments from the crowd were "does she know," "she'll probably change," and "it's an amazing opportunity"

It doesn't sound to me like he's talking about any of the tribe -- it sounds like he's talking about his grandmother (or someone else back home) not being happy with him about something -- and from the "it's an amazing opporunity" comment I'd say it is that she's not happy about him being on Survivor (otherwise, I'd probably have guessed he was talking about being gay, but the "opportunity" comment just doesn't fit with that.)

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-16-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: something interesting in the free clips"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-01 AT 12:08 PM (EST)

Maybe Grandma doesn't know his er.. preferences and he may use this "opportunity" being on Survivor to come out. Just a thought.

Edited 'cause I hit the damn post by mistake.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

10-15-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
12. "FISH OUT OF WATER clip recap..."
The following recaps the FISH OUT OF WATER clip:

Kim J. and Kelly are talking alone in the dark. Kim J. suggests when they finally get fire they light it close to camp opening. Kelly suggests they light A BUNCH of fires to reduce the odds of them going out and them having no fires.

Topic then changes to Tom... Kelly talks about how a yukon (not sure on this word?) stove with a spit would be great... how it would be great if they "had some meat, because I think Tom will be able to effectively eviscerate almost anything from the sounds of it." (eviscerate huh -- I guess the IQ rumors are true )

Kim says Tom is a funny guy, his sense of humor is cute and she loves him. Kelly agrees, "ya, he is funny." Kim P. says she thinks Tom really had no clue what he was going to do... then Kelly drowns her out saying "he said he thought everyone was going to be like me" (meaning Tom thought everyone was going to be like himself -- not like Kelly.)

Kim J. says: "he's never really travelled far from home to know what other people are like... he talks about when he had to go to just Los Angelos for the try-outs as though you know, if was the Clampets" (Beverly Hillbillies reference.) Kelly agrees -- "it does" and it sounds like he was lost.

Kim P. says he just "goes with the flow and enjoys whatever it is..."

Kelly says "he seems to be having fun with it which is really good, you got just be."

Kelly: "when you think about people whining and stuff, that guy has got to be more out of his element than ANYBODY. In a way I guess he's more into it though because he's used to sleeping under the stars.. he used to farming..."

Kim P.: "he's used the simple life"

Kelly: "but he's being around a bunch of people who are... you know... aliens."

Kim P.: "right, well the common denominator is people like people, they like to be with people, find out what makes people tick..."

Kelly: "that's true"

Clip ends...

(SB note -- given that Kelly is a behavorial research analyst, is the last bit the funniest comment or what...)

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-16-01, 05:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail supershirll Click to send private message to supershirll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: FISH OUT OF WATER clip recap..."
I want to thank you guys for doing recaps on the Insider videos. I cannot pay money for something like this, but I am very interested in the videos.

Keep up the good work!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •