The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol Top 10 East Coast Update Thread "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-19-05, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol Top 10 East Coast Update Thread "
Let's keep the comments here until everybody has had a chance to watch the show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Oh Canada strid333 07-19-05 1
 Aaron strid333 07-19-05 2
   RE: Aaron Loree 07-20-05 13
 Emily strid333 07-19-05 3
   RE: Emily Loree 07-20-05 14
 Daryl strid333 07-19-05 4
   RE: Daryl Loree 07-20-05 15
 Suzi strid333 07-19-05 5
   RE: Suzi Loree 07-20-05 16
 Melissa strid333 07-19-05 6
   RE: Melissa Loree 07-20-05 17
 Ashley strid333 07-19-05 7
   RE: Ashley Loree 07-20-05 18
 Rex strid333 07-19-05 8
   RE: Rex Loree 07-20-05 19
 Amber strid333 07-19-05 9
   RE: Amber Loree 07-20-05 20
 Josh strid333 07-20-05 10
   RE: Josh Loree 07-20-05 21
 Casey strid333 07-20-05 11
   RE: Casey Loree 07-20-05 22
 Got through strid333 07-20-05 12
 Results strid333 07-20-05 23
   RE: Results Loree 07-21-05 24
       RE: Results strid333 07-21-05 25
   RE: Results qwertypie 07-21-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-19-05, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Oh Canada"
Pick a Canadian tune. These people should be able to find a song that suits them.

Three is the perfect number.

07-19-05, 11:02 PM (EST)
2. "Aaron"
He's first. Singing "Ain't Seen Nuthin Yet" the BTO hit. Jake liked it. Farley felt some discomfort. Sass said it just didn't jive. Zach thought it was like the WB frog who jumps out of the box and starts singing.

I thought it was alright. He should be safe this week.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-20-05, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Aaron"
I thought it was weaker than his last couple performances. But he probably did good enough to stay.

07-19-05, 11:09 PM (EST)
3. "Emily"
Did you notice that I'm actually paying attention to the names now?

"Crying" by KD Lang. Ok, ouch. Sour notes. Can't wait to hear the judges tear into her.

Farley said the begining of the song sucked. Sass said that the song was safe but pretty good. Zach said it should be enough to be safe this week but it was trying to be Star Search but missed a few steps. Jake said it was pagent singer.

07-20-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Emily"
I was cringing. She should be in the bottom 3 this week.

07-19-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
4. "Daryl"
Aka Girlboy. I was coming out of the bathroom and heard him speaking and I thought he WAS a girl. I already think that I don't want to be hearing him much this summer.

"With this Eyes" by Roc Voisine. When he sings, he sounds like a girl too.

Sass has diapragm support problems which makes flat and sharp notes. Zach says that he can see him growing to be big in 6 months. Jake thinks there are many other better singers in the competition and he needs to get some muscle into the singing. Farley said good song selection and enjoyed it.

07-20-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Daryl"
I'm sorry but he looks like he is 12 years old and shouldn't even be driving yet. And he always looks like he is a frightened little rabbit. I want a Canadian Idol with more strength. He just seems too young for this competition and it's like a little kid singing adult songs.

07-19-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
5. "Suzi"
Luba's "Everytime I See Your Picture"

She's got more balls than Daryl and if she doesn't make it here, she could go onto Rock Star INXS and fit in fine (they have Canucks on that show).

Zach liked it. Jake said it sounded like she wrote it. Farley said the approach was relaxed and rock. Sass loved it.

07-20-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Suzi"
I think she has a great voice. And she has wonderful stage presence and confidence. I think she will go far in the comp.

07-19-05, 11:32 PM (EST)
6. "Melissa"
Amanda Marshal's "I Believe in You"

Jake said the playfulnes with the cameras will make her go far. Farley said it looked relaxed. Sass said there is a sparkle in the eye and a clarity of the tone. Zach said that she's so damned loveable.

07-20-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Melissa"
Unlike Daryl I forget how young she really is. She does have a good voice.

07-19-05, 11:43 PM (EST)
7. "Ashley"
Amanda Marshal's "Let it Rain"

Farley said it was polished. Sass said it was almost too perfect. Zach was thrilled that we have a game to play. Jake said that she showed that she can rock.

If she is in the bottom 3, I'll be surprised.

07-20-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Ashley"
She impressed me more than last time I heard her sing. I think she is safe this week.

07-19-05, 11:51 PM (EST)
8. "Rex"
Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild"

Sweet.

Sass said it was well greased and oiled and he is a rock star in training. Zach said he is guaranteed a record deal - win or lose. Jake loved it. Farley said he's a natural.

07-20-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Rex"
OK I admit I was like Zach and having trouble catching everything he said. He has a stong Newfie accent. But I did like his performance. I don't think he is the strongest singer. But he has a great stage presence. Good performer.

07-19-05, 11:56 PM (EST)
9. "Amber"
She reminds me of Jann Arden. She was on the Tommy Hunter Show when she was younger.

Singing Sarah McLaughlin's Possession.

Zach said she makes a sound that is almost holy. Jake said that his body starts to vibrate. Farley said she sings from the heart and she does extraordinary stuff. Sass says she has the sacred sound.

07-20-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Amber"
I admit I was expecting more from her. She has a great voice and I was a bit disappointed this week. Still she should be safe.

07-20-05, 00:06 AM (EST)
10. "Josh"
"Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen

Jake said that he's happy that people heard him sing it and he's a real musician. Farley said that he has incredible projection of soul. Sass said that there is a great intensity and already a rock star. Zach said that he's fantastic and that it sucks that nobody's been to Toontown to discover him.

I'm cheering for the home province guy. I like him better than last year's Theresa.

07-20-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Josh"
OK I was really impressed. This was the best performance of the night for me. It was haunting and I had shivers listening to him. Now I understand the reason the judges were so strong on him. They heard this performance earlier. It was just Perfect for me. If he's not safe this week there is something wrong with Canada's ears.

07-20-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
11. "Casey"
"From this Moment On" by Shania Twain

Farley didn't seem impressed. Sass said it was very karoke. Zach said she's on a short leash now. Jake said it was tough.

07-20-05, 10:26 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Casey"
I thought it was weak. And I think she deserves to be in the bottom 3 with Emily this week.

07-20-05, 00:41 AM (EST)
12. "Got through"
Twice each for Suzi and Josh. Took lots of attempts to do so. I've lost patience to keep voting.

07-20-05, 09:50 PM (EST)
23. "Results"
Emily, Daryl, and Melissa are bottom 3.

Bye Emily.

07-21-05, 07:57 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Results"
Emily deserved to go. She wasn't very good.

And Daryl looks so scared up there. I want him to go home because I am scared he is going to die of fright. I was really surprised Melissa was up there with them. But now her fans will be scared and probably save her next week.

They interviewed both Carrie Underwood and Emily on Canada AM.

They made a point of asking Emily why she refused Melissa's hand on stage and then replayed the clip. Melissa put her hand out to Emily and Emily just looked at it and refused to take it. Melissa felt uncomfortable and pulled her hand back. It really did make Emily look bad. She just mumbled something about being "in the moment" that really didn't excuse the fact. She said she had cried all her tears the night before after her performance and how the judges talked to her. So she was okay the night she was booted.

07-21-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Results"
They made a point of asking Emily why she refused Melissa's hand on stage and then replayed the clip.

Yeah, I noticed that too and just wondered if Emily just didn't notice Melissa.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Results"
What did y'all think of the opening number? I thought it was one of the worst ever. When did they decide the show needed a group performance -- Tuesday? It sure did not look rehearsed. Poor Bruce Cockburn.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •