The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Opening credits vidcaps..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-01, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Opening credits vidcaps..."
Sleeeve, any chance of some vidcaps of the opening credits?

...the last few seconds of video after all the survivors where introduced looked possibly interesting -- lots of quick shots like previous seasons.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Opening credits vidcaps... Bungler 10-12-01 1
   RE: Opening credits vidcaps... SurvivorBlows 10-12-01 2
       more opening credits vidcaps Bungler 10-12-01 3
           RE: more opening credits vidcaps sleeeve 10-12-01 4
               RE: more opening credits vidcaps Bungler 10-12-01 5
                   RE: more opening credits vidcaps moonbaby 10-12-01 6
                   RE: more opening credits vidcaps SurvivorBlows 10-13-01 10
                       RE: more opening credits vidcaps Bungler 10-13-01 21
                           Bungler has always... IceCat 10-13-01 22
       SAVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!! sleeeve 10-13-01 12
           Two Possible Idents...MERGED TRIBE?... the insider 10-13-01 14
               RE: Two Possible Idents...MERGED TR... SurvivorBlows 10-13-01 17
               RE: Two Possible Idents...MERGED TR... BubbleGum 11-26-01 28
           RE: SAVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!! SurvivorBlows 10-13-01 16
               RE: SAVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!! sleeeve 10-13-01 23
           RE: SAVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!! ivoryElephant 10-14-01 24
       RE: Opening credits vidcaps... Lightmage81 10-13-01 15
 intro: the next batch Bungler 10-12-01 7
   RE: intro: the next batch Bungler 10-13-01 8
       RE: intro: the next batch Bungler 10-13-01 9
           RE: intro: the next batch SurvivorBlows 10-13-01 18
       RE: intro: the next batch sleeeve 10-13-01 11
           RE: intro: the next batch chaos28 10-13-01 13
               RE: intro: the next batch jtmorgan61 10-13-01 19
               RE: intro: the next batch TVhurtsMyEyes 10-16-01 25
           RE: intro: the next batch Bungler 10-13-01 20
 RE: Opening credits vidcaps... Bungler 11-25-01 26
 Stupid Question zandi 11-25-01 27
   RE: Stupid Question PepeLePew13 11-26-01 29
       RE: Stupid Question zzz 11-26-01 30
   RE: Stupid Question electrizit 11-26-01 31
       RE: Stupid Question zandi 11-26-01 32
 Frank and Ethan connection Frau Hexe 11-30-01 33
   RE: Frank and Ethan connection anotherkim 11-30-01 34
   RE: Frank and Ethan connection PepeLePew13 11-30-01 35
   RE: Frank and Ethan connection Lisapooh 11-30-01 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-12-01, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Opening credits vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-01 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

Hiya SB,

Here's a link to my caps from the segment you asked for. I'm working on the rest of the opening, hope to have it up in by noon (at the latest) today).

One thing about this segment that I noticed is the Survivor logo in the last 4 pics. The 4th to last is red, the 2nd to last is gold. The one sandwiched in between (the merge?) is blue. Wonder if this might be the merged tribe colors? There's something else that makes me think that, but I need to cap the rest of the opener, so give me a little bit.

http://bungler.xoasis.com/open1.html

Bungler

10-12-01, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Opening credits vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-01 AT 10:46 AM (EST)

Thanks Bungler... I uploaded them to SB so that I can include them in this post but not overload your server. My first thought is does anybody think that's a "real" survivor tribe at tribal council? If so, there appear to be five -- and they appear to be Samburu (assuming that's the red bandana.)

To me, other than the bandana, they sure look a hell of a lot more like Boran body types -- maybe something like Jessie, Ethan, Kim J. (are those pants?), Tom, and Kelly from left to right.

10-12-01, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "more opening credits vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-01 AT 00:36 AM (EST)

I have a couple opening questions.

Cap 11 shows the Survivor logo with beads showing through.

In the intro, Frank, Carl & Ethan are the only ones shown with beads in or showing through their images. Could they be in the Final 3 or 4?

Could just be an aberration, but for some reason Lex has an arrow pointing at him in one shot. Does it mean anything?

And, although everybody else appears in logically ordered segments, Lex is the only one who appears out of segment, in a quick close-up flash right after Jessie (who is the last Survivor shown).

I'm also curious about the animals. Just prior to and when Samburu is shown we see zebras, wildebeests and hippos.

But with Boran, we see elephants, vultures (picking apart a carcass), a lion (eating a dead carcass), and zebras.

I wonder if any inference can be drawn from that?

Bungler

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-12-01, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: more opening credits vidcaps"
>That's awesome. If you've got
>the space, feel free to
>upload this next batch too.

Bungler--

If you want to upload the vidcaps yourself, look above the message area (while you are making a post). There is a link that says "Click here to upload your file".

That should help with your server load, and still allow you to post them at this site.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

10-12-01, 10:34 PM (EST)
5. "RE: more opening credits vidcaps"
Thanks sleeve, here's a bunch of 'em. I still have half of 'em to upload though. Hope this doesn't weigh this topic down too much.

Bungler

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-01, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: more opening credits vidcaps"
Nothing to add here but a big THANK YOU, Bungler, these are beautiful!

10-13-01, 00:44 AM (EST)
10. "RE: more opening credits vidcaps"
Great job Bungler -- one question, is this a HDTV capture card or something, that looks like HDTV to me... plus everthing is so clear.

-SB

10-13-01, 04:45 PM (EST)
21. "RE: more opening credits vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-01 AT 04:46 PM (EST)

Nope, a regular capture card. It's not even Digital Cable or Satellite, but an over-the-air signal from a regular antenna attached to a regular TV. I don't know why they look so good. Guess I'm a lucky capper.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-01, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Bungler has always..."
... had some of the best clips available!

I remember asking him last season if he had a high end cap card.

Keep up the great work, Bungler!

September 11, 2001

10-13-01, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "SAVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!"

Okay... in the last two seasons, we've had a picture in the preview that represented a portion of the group.

In both cases, the picture showed the people who were in the finals, excluding the final two.

We should work to identify the five in this photo, and then come back to this after Ep9...

What we *might* have here, are the five that make the final seven, but do not make the final two.

the insider 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-13-01, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail the%20insider Click to send private message to the%20insider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Two Possible Idents...MERGED TRIBE??"
Here it is..

Using Bungler's CAP, blown up to 400%, I've used two methods of identification. Image one, by the characters' build, and two, by clothing thread as posted at www.surviiivor.com

Critiques would be greatly appreciated, as these bodies could be the five members of the merged tribe that DON'T make the final four...notice out of the five people pictured, only 4 of them are holding a torch...perhaps the one without the torch is NOT part of the jury??

Whaddya think?

*--the insider.

10-13-01, 02:24 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Two Possible Idents...MERGED TRIBE??"
Hi insider, I don't see how you can think the second from the left is Tom -- Tom's a great ox of a man -- and even if his "width" decreases over the next few weeks, he'll still be quite tall. ...much more than just a couple of inches taller than the girl to the left who I'm not convinced is Jessie.)

Also -- look at the "fizz" of the hair around the head. I think it's much more likely this is Ethan.

Also, I don't see the second from the right as Kelly -- is Kelly that tall?

Can you post the DETAILS of your two methods instead of just mentioning them? ...it might help us better understand how you arrived at your conclusions. Keep in mind after ONE episode, doubt we have already seen every bit of clothing that every player will be wearing.

BubbleGum 7 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-01, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BubbleGum Click to send private message to BubbleGum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Two Possible Idents...MERGED TRIBE??"
Sorry to say that but your assumption is wrong ! There are at least 2 people who are not jury and had been voted out before the merge ! In the 1st picture.. they r jessie n Linda, in the 2nd, thjey r jessie n Lindsey !!! so.. the one with no torch can't prove anything !
anyway.... Don't trust the introduction too much ! Coz all of us were tricked by S2 intro where Elisabeth's eyes were visible in the quick intro !!! that made us think that Liz is the survivor... BUT... she only ended at 4th place ! thanks..

10-13-01, 02:17 PM (EST)
16. "RE: SAVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-01 AT 02:26 PM (EST)

Nice of you to finally notice this image sleeeve... I was waiting all day for a reply to my post

10-13-01, 10:41 PM (EST)
23. "RE: SAVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!"
>Nice of you to finally notice
>this image sleeeve... I was
>waiting all day for a
>reply to my post

Sorry... I saw your post, and only looked at the images... I like to analyze the vidcaps myself before I look at them with someone else's bias... to be honest, I completely forgot to go back and read your analysis until after I posted my own thoughts (and when I realized we were thinking along the same lines, it was too late).

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-14-01, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SAVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!"
Hi Sleeve, former SS poster, I know I am a newbie to these boards but I just want to say that these could be the natives of the land. You know how MB loves to use extras.

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-13-01, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Opening credits vidcaps..."

>

sure looks like the person on the extreme right is ethan (harido giveaway)

sure looks like he may reach one of the final few... he sure has the ability to pull a Colby or Kelly......

10-12-01, 11:46 PM (EST)
7. "intro: the next batch"

10-13-01, 00:11 AM (EST)
8. "RE: intro: the next batch"

10-13-01, 00:17 AM (EST)
9. "RE: intro: the next batch"
Okay, that's all of 'em, I think. I usually only do the previews at the end of each episode, but the intro will provide fodder for discussion all season long, I s'pose. Hope these help.

Bungler

10-13-01, 02:27 PM (EST)
18. "RE: intro: the next batch"
Great job Bungler and thanks for all the work... these will be good all season

10-13-01, 01:47 AM (EST)
11. "RE: intro: the next batch"
Assuming that you posted these in the order that they appear in the preview...

Why is this picture AFTER Jessie in the introductions (specifically... as the final Survivor, so to speak).

I'm about 90% sure that this is Lex...

chaos28 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-13-01, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chaos28 Click to send private message to chaos28 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: intro: the next batch"
Curious. First of all, there is a lot of blue. On another message board, it says that the 3 prominent colours are blue, red and yellow. Maybe blue is the merge tribe colour.

That being so, I think it's quite possible that people with lots of blue are the ones that make the merge. eg, Lex, KimP, even Clarence.

As well, that looks like Lex at the end there. But maybe the picture changes halfway through (like Richard and KellyS1 on Snake Island in the S1 song).

And finally, as I mentioned on another board, the dashes over Carl's face could be representative of an animal's claw, like Michael and his pictured being engulfed in flames.

Just some thoughts.

--------------------
CHAOS!

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-13-01, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: intro: the next batch"
To my thinking, another pattern is that four players have black and white "ghosting" effects with blue mixed in: Teresa, KimP, Lindsey, and Lex.

TVhurtsMyEyes 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-16-01, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TVhurtsMyEyes Click to send private message to TVhurtsMyEyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: intro: the next batch"
That's also the first thing I thought when I saw these.. the
few with blue popped out...
so this means Lex, Clarence, Kim, Lindsey, Teresa...
hm... Clarence is the only one not totally blued out, so
perhaps the other 4 are the final?
My prediciton is that and that LEX wins! lol is it too early
to make a prediction?
I say that because the blue shots of Kim, Lindsey and Teresa,
they are more black and white with that ghostly blue coming
in from the sides and Lex is completely blue in his pic.

------------
Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant

10-13-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
20. "RE: intro: the next batch"
sleeeve, they are in order. That shot appears right after Jessie and just before the African child image. And I think it's definitely Lex.

11-25-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Opening credits vidcaps..."
hope nobody minds me bumping this topic. It was on Page 15 and about to get archived and I wanted it available to anyone who wanted to see opening credits vidcaps.

zandi 15 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-01, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zandi Click to send private message to zandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Stupid Question"
First, thank you Bungler. These are great. And thank you again for the bump. I just noticed something.

First, here's the order & the number of pics for each player:
Samburu
Frank - 3
Linda - 2
Silas - 2
Kim P - 3 (possibly 4 - are those her hands? or Lindsey's?)
Lindsey - 3 (possibly 4 - see note for Kim P)
Brandon - 2
Carl - 2
Teresa - 2

Boran
Kelly - 1
Diane - 2
Tom - 2
Clarence - 2
MamaKim - 1
Ethan - 2
Lex - 3 (possibly 4 - if that end shot really is him)
Jessie - 2

Now, after seeing the numbers....here's my stupid question: Why are Kelly and MamaKim the only 2 listed with only 1 picture in the opening credits?
We all know that MB has a purpose behind everything...or am I just over analyzing?

Pick away. Newbie armor is in place.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-01, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Stupid Question"

>Now, after seeing the numbers....here's my stupid
>question: Why are Kelly and MamaKim the only 2 listed
>with only 1 picture in the opening credits?
>
>We all know that MB has a purpose behind everything...or
>am I just over analyzing?

Who knows? You could be onto something there. I recall that MB said "you won't want to miss the first five minutes" -- wonder if that sneaky bastard was talking about this kind of thing?

It's not entirely inconceivable that Kelly and MamaKim could be the final two, but it would take a LOT of fantastic luck, an opportunistic IC win (probably by Kelly in a "Know your comrades" type of thing) and some twisting-around-the-finger work for such a final 2 to happen.

>Pick away. Newbie armor is in place.

Armor not needed! Welcome to the boards.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-26-01, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Stupid Question"
>It's not entirely inconceivable that Kelly
>and MamaKim could be the
>final two, but it would
>take a LOT of fantastic
>luck, an opportunistic IC win
>(probably by Kelly in a
>"Know your comrades" type of
>thing) and some twisting-around-the-finger work
>for such a final 2
>to happen.
>

Why would it take "fantastic luck" for them to be the final two? All it takes is a suballiance among Ethan, Kelly and KimJ (which a number of people think exists) to take out Lex and Tom at the final five and final four stages, and a non-physical final challenge (as we saw in S2). This is a scenario that is not that hard to imagine and would not really take any luck.

electrizit 4 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail electrizit Click to send private message to electrizit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Stupid Question"
I thought the same thing!!! But, after looking again...there was another person who only had 1 pic that I can tell and that would be Linda. I see you said she had 2....where was the 2nd one?

zandi 15 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-01, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zandi Click to send private message to zandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Stupid Question"
The first picture of Linda is on post #5 from Bungler. He split the opening credits into different posts, so the second picture of Linda is in post #7.

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-01, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Frank and Ethan connection"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-01 AT 04:00 AM (EST)

As I was watching the opening credits during the recrap tonight, I found something interesting. Upon slowing down the tape, I noticed something in common with Frank and Ethan's pictures.

Look in the upper left-hand corners of both pictures. You'll see what looks like several people standing around--a back-lit trible council shot.

Could this be significant? These are the only two pictures that have this image that I could find. However, something else interesting appeared on Tom's picture. There seems to be a single figure--possibly a person--in the lower left-hand corner of his picture.

This is a rather similar shot to those of Frank and Ethan, and although I'm not sure whether this figure is a person, shadow, or something supernatural, it does bear some similarities to the others above. Unfortunately, I can't capture my own frames, but both the TC-looking shot on Ethan's pic as well as the figure on Tom's pic were much clearer. Does anyone have any more frames from either of these?

Any thoughts?

Edited to remove a pesky typo.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Frank and Ethan connection"
Good eyes!!!

Defintely an intriguing possibility. I don't really see the figure in the picture of Tom, but I am notoriously bad for picking such things out.

Kim

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Frank and Ethan connection"
That IS interesting, Fraulein. I went back to check the opening credits again and Frank & Ethan were the only two who seemed to have a TC setting in the upper left corner. Might this be our final two?

>There seems to be a single figure--possibly a person--in the
>lower left-hand corner of his picture.
>
>This is a rather similar shot to those of Frank and
>Ethan, and although I'm not sure whether this figure is
>a person, shadow, or something supernatural, it does bear
>some similarities to the others above.

I also looked carefully at Tom's scene in the opening credits and it appears to be a shadow as if it's sunlight peeking through a rock or hut or something like that - and I believe it's digitally changed to resemble a human being.

This could suggest that Tom is in the shadows... as in being the third place finisher behind Frank and Ethan.

Certainly this is just pure speculation and the images quite possibly may mean nothing at all, but this is a very interesting lead to stay on top of over the next few weeks until one of these three get booted out.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Frank and Ethan connection"
awesome job frau hexe!

does anyone have a vid cap of teresa in the immunity necklace - do those beads at the bottom of Ethan and frank's pictures match it?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •