The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-12-01, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
  • As sex and age determine certain alliances, one tribe member finds himself caught between two groups within his own tribe.
  • One tribe member overhears another's confidential plans.
  • A Masai tradition you've got to see to believe is the basis for the Immunity Challenge.

The Masai tradition sounds like the bloody milk that NightScribe speculated about.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... Lightmage81 10-12-01 1
   That's right, they do AyaK 10-12-01 2
       Text of article samiam 10-13-01 5
           RE: Text of article Lightmage81 10-15-01 7
           RE: Text of article heresy 10-15-01 19
 Some preview analysis (speculation) LowRent 10-13-01 3
   RE: Some preview analysis (speculat... Mumbo Jumbo 10-13-01 4
       RE: Some preview analysis (speculat... ItzLisa 10-15-01 11
 Previews Focusing on Samburu this w... Krautboy 10-15-01 6
   RE: Previews Focusing on Samburu th... sleeeve 10-15-01 8
       RE: Previews Focusing on Samburu th... tribephyl 10-15-01 10
           RE: Previews Focusing on Samburu th... SurvivorBlows 10-15-01 21
   Agree, and Zap2It preview AyaK 10-15-01 20
       RE: Agree, and Zap2It preview SurvivorBlows 10-15-01 22
           Assuming Samburu loses IC... Krautboy 10-16-01 25
           RE: Agree, and Zap2It preview SurvivorBlows 10-16-01 28
               Briefly forgotten... Krautboy 10-16-01 29
                   RE: Briefly forgotten... SurvivorBlows 10-16-01 31
 RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... tribephyl 10-15-01 9
   RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... samiam 10-15-01 12
       re: Glass sizes LowRent 10-15-01 13
           RE: re: Glass sizes wendyp 10-15-01 15
           RE: re: Glass sizes SurvivorBlows 10-15-01 16
               RE: re: Glass sizes tribephyl 10-16-01 24
       RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... SurvivorBlows 10-15-01 14
           RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... SurvivorBlows 10-15-01 18
               RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... Kokoro 10-16-01 26
                   RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... SurvivorBlows 10-16-01 27
                       RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... Kokoro 10-16-01 30
   RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... SurvivorBlows 10-15-01 17
       RE: Episode Two Preview (Official S... tribephyl 10-16-01 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-12-01, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
>The Masai tradition sounds like the
>bloody milk that

Yup...
totally agree.. a write-up in Survivorfever just after S2 said sumthin about the masai drinking blood of animals....

can't find the link anymore tho (sorry!!)

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-01, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "That's right, they do"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-01 AT 02:41 AM (EST)

Yes, the Maasai are blood-drinkers. Wonder if Ethan (a self-proclamed vegan) will drink cow blood?

Edited to add that the current issue of US Magazine (Oct. 22) contains a description of the blood-drinking challenge, which occurred on Day 5.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-01, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Text of article"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-01 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

Yes, I'm a geek and bought the magazine (shut up, sleeevie *grin*). Here is the relevant bit from the article:

"When served fresh from the source, cow's blood is as warm as hot fudge sauce but nowhere near as sweet. It is, actually, very salty. And like Extra gum, the flavor lasts extra long....The time is 8:27 a.m....For the 15 Survivors, already dehydrated and hungry, it is Day Five of their 39-day ordeal. Forty-eight hours ago, the group...reduced its ranks by one at the first tribal council, and now they stand in a grassy clearing before host Jeff Probst at a makshift bar with 15 shot glasses. Enter a cow and five Masai warriors clad in traditional red cloaks, bearing bows and spears, stage left. One contestant gasps, "Oh, God." Another laughs, "Holy Cow!"

"As four of the warriors struggle to hold the beast in front of the cameras, the fifth man shoots it in the upper shoulder with a blunt arrow from four feet away, and Probst fills two gourds from the streaming fountain of blood. Probst exlpains that the Masai depend on cattle's blood, milk, and meat for their daily protein -- the bleeding ritual, he says, does not harm the cow. One contestant looks away, arms crossed, squeezing her eyes together with every bleating moo. But once the blood's thick fibers are strained out, the two teams, Boran and Samburu -- named after local tribes -- stoically belly up to the bar for the blood-drinking contest, to match one another shot for shot. Unlike the previous two Survivor shows, when many contestants balked at the prospect of eating insect larvae and mangrove worms, these guys get down to business with a minimum of drama. "This group is very aggressive," Probst says.

That's all about the IC. There is a bit more text that might interest us, so I'll put that here, too:

"To keep the Survivors safe, more than 100 rifle-toting game wardens patrol the set, while the contestants have constructed 100-foot rings of acacia branches stacked approximately 7 feet high, so wandering beasts can't disturb their sleep. But around 5 p.m. that same day, the Survivors who won the blood-drinking challenge are concerned only with their growling stomachs. The maize that replaced rice rations this season will leave the players, who are restricted by Kenyan law from hunting and by crocodiles from fishing, "supremely calorically deprived."
"The contestants, meanwhile, discuss their hopes for the next challenge's reward two days from now. "We want a big, fat pepperoni pizza," one shouts to no one in particular. The next day, the show's production designer, Kelly Van Patter, who works with producer Mark Burnett on each challenge, makes an exciting discovery: "We can turn a termite mound into a pizza oven."

It also says that Ethan is a vegetarian, not a vegan; still, it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the cow's blood contest.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Text of article"
>"As four of the warriors struggle
>to hold the beast in
>front of the cameras, the
>fifth man shoots it in
>the upper shoulder with a
>blunt arrow from four feet
>away, and Probst fills two
>gourds from the streaming fountain
>of blood. Probst exlpains
>that the Masai depend on
>cattle's blood, milk, and meat
>for their daily protein --
>the bleeding ritual, he says,
>does not harm the cow.

Yeah right!!! Shoot a blunt arrow into JP or MB shoulder and see if it harms them!!! I wonder what PETA or Kimmi is going to do this time round.....

>The next day, the show's
>production designer, Kelly Van Patter,
>who works with producer Mark
>Burnett on each challenge, makes
>an exciting discovery: "We can
>turn a termite mound into
>a pizza oven."

This is going to be real interesting.... termite pizza!!!

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-15-01, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Text of article"
>It also says that Ethan is
>a vegetarian, not a vegan;
>still, it will be interesting
>to see how he reacts
>to the cow's blood contest.
>
>

That will depend on whether he is a vegetarian for health reasons (like many athletes) or for moral reasons (like Kimmy).

Also, it is against Jewish dietary laws to drink or eat blood. Strict Christian and Muslim sects also follow this part of the dietary law. I think all of the Eastern religions would prohibit this as well, especially Hinduism and Buddhism. Do any of the contestants follow any of these religious beliefs?

Are they REALLY going to show the cow being hit with the spear? And the blood pouring out? I guess bedtime's going to be really early this Thursday. Sorry, kids.

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-13-01, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Some preview analysis (speculation)"
Keep in mind that the title of E2 is "Who's Zooming Whom?"

I'm expecting to see some early alliances forming in ep2.

The Samburu seem to be divided by AGE--we have 4 twentysomethings (Brandon, Kim, Silas, & Lindsay) and 4 fortysomethings (Carl, Frank, Linda, & Teresa).

According to the preview, the Borans, on the other hand, are more divided by SEX--this was illustrated by Grandma Kim's comment that the men didn't seem to need the ladies around. I suspect that the tribe member caught between groups is Clarence. Tom and Ethan really seem to dislike him, while the ladies in the tribe were less critical of his bean-stealing actions. (also, the ladies all voted Diane out instead of Clarence).

The tribe member who "overhears another's confidential plans" I suspect is Linda. She was shown in the preview criticizing Silas for playing both sides. This leads me to the conclusion that Linda will be a target for expulsion in E2.

supporting evidence:
--face time in episode one, episode 2 preview
--probably the (physically) weakest female on the team (I know she climbed Mt Ranier, but Kim is a triathlete, Lindsay nearly pulled the cart across the finish line by herself in E1 Challenge, and Theresa is a runner)
--obscure reference to 1985 Aretha Franklin song "Who's Zoomin Who?" Out of all 16 contestants, she would most likely be the one most familiar with the song, and perhaps she quotes it in a confessional or at tribal council.

This is all speculation...who's to say that Boran can even win the immunity challenge...feel free to poke any holes in my analysis

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-01, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Some preview analysis (speculation)"
>The Samburu seem to be divided
>by AGE--we have 4 twentysomethings
>(Brandon, Kim, Silas, & Lindsay)
>and 4 fortysomethings (Carl, Frank,
>Linda, & Teresa).

Agreed. Carl and Frank definitely bonded during the first days along with a separate group of Lindsay, Brandon and Kim. Based on the annoyance factor, Carl and Frank would pick Linda, Teresa, and the strong male Silas to be the other members of their alliance. Silas seems friendly with everyone, he had his arm around Teresa at the challenge. He is definitely trying to emulate Colby and straddle two different groups successfully.
>
>According to the preview, the Borans,
>on the other hand, are
>more divided by SEX--this was
>illustrated by Grandma Kim's comment
>that the men didn't seem
>to need the ladies around.
> I suspect that the
>tribe member caught between groups
>is Clarence. Tom and
>Ethan really seem to dislike
>him, while the ladies in
>the tribe were less critical
>of his bean-stealing actions. (also,
>the ladies all voted Diane
>out instead of Clarence).
>
We don't really know what the women think as MB did not show us any of their comments or what they said during TC. They could be greatly pissed but edited out. Jessie and Kelly both seem to be hanging on to Ethan/Lex coattails and probably voting as agreed upon with the guys. When Clarence gave his poor judgement & forgiveness speech at TC neither Kelly nor Jessie had any sympathy in their faces. If a jury looked at a defendant that way during a trial, he'd be convicted. Kim's expression appeared softer. I think Mama Kim is out of the loop and although it might appear that way, there is no male alliance at Boran. It'll be the under forty group plus Tom minus Clarence.

The tribe member who "overhears another's
>confidential plans" I suspect is
>Linda.

Silas was seen talking to Frank in the preview with a female walking behind them. The female was either Lindsay or Kim but appears to be Lindsay based on the same blue shirt she was wearing during the close up conversation with Silas reassuring her that they would take it to the end. Lindsay overhears the confidential plans. Noting Lindsay's personality, this will lead to a confrontation with Silas that could get really ugly.
>
>supporting evidence:
>--face time in episode one, episode
>2 preview

Actually, Lindsay and Kim got the most interviews and lots of face time in episode one for Sambura with Frank and Brandon at the secondary level. Linda's face time was ahead of Teresa and Carl but behind everyone else in the tribe.

>--probably the (physically) weakest female on
>the team (I know she
>climbed Mt Ranier, but Kim
>is a triathlete, Lindsay nearly
>pulled the cart across the
>finish line by herself in
>E1 Challenge, and Theresa is
>a runner)

Agreed. Lindsay was much stronger on that cart than I expected.

>--obscure reference to 1985 Aretha Franklin
>song "Who's Zoomin Who?"

Just MB's way of being cute.

I think Boran will win the immunity and the Sambura youngsters will target Linda or even Frank. The older group will target Brandon or Lindsay. Based on Carl's weight loss and beard, Silas probably sides with them. Silas can't carry a team with Brandon and a bunch of women only. He's got to have some other men. That means Brandon or Lindsay will go. Supports Lindsay's early boot theory as well.

Okay, now someone pick me apart.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-01, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Some preview analysis (speculation)"

>Okay, now someone pick me apart.

*** Nope - wouldn't dream of it! I happen to agree with you on alot of stuff here!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-15-01, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Previews Focusing on Samburu this week?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-01 AT 00:51 AM (EST)

The text previews listed are very straight forward and seem to match the video previews...

"As sex and age determine certain alliances,..."

The video previews suggest that the Boran Tribe is forming alliances by sex: males vs females. Kim J. and Jesse are shown talking about the males not needing them.

At the Samburu Camp the age line is being drawn between the young and the older: Lindsay, Kim P., Brandon vs. Frank, Carl and Teresa. Linda seems to be a neutral observer, as Silas is busy trying to play both sides.

"...one tribe member finds himself caught between two groups within his own tribe."

Silas is featured in the video previews being recruited by Carl (the older alliance) and also making promises to Lindsay..."trust me". He is definately the member caught in between the young and the old.

"One tribe member overhears another's confidential plans."

This is most likely referring to the matching video footage that shows Linday walking by in the background, as she overhears Silas negotiating yet another deal, this time with Frank.

"A Masai tradition you've got to see to believe is the basis for the Immunity Challenge."

No doubt about the well documented blood drinking immunity challenge.

Pure Speculation: Based on the amount of preview footage and text devoted to the Samburu alliances, it seems that they are more likely going to TC this week.

Krautboy

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-01, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Previews Focusing on Samburu this week?"
>Pure Speculation: Based on the amount
>of preview footage and text
>devoted to the Samburu alliances,
>it seems that they are
>more likely going to TC
>this week.

I'm thinking this, too... and, moreso, based on the face-time in the last episode, I think that Frank may be the odd man out of the alliances.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-01, 05:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Previews Focusing on Samburu this week?"

uh-oh I just gave you kudos and now I....Well to tell you the truth I thought also that Frank was the most dis-liked person at Samburu, but in this link below you will find the first few "Survivor Insider" episode attachments for free. Please take note of the one titled "Kim Powers' peaches"

http://cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/insider/episode01.shtml

Just take note that when Teresa finally joins the rest of the tribe in the hut construction, that there is a very interesting conversation between Brandon and someone in his area(which includes Frank, Silas, Kim P., Linda and Carl) The main gist of it is that he had had an experience with one of the females(not present) that "Really" bothered him. To which Linda replies..."She'll probably change" and then Frank intones that this is a "perfect opportunity" all of this conversation is within earshot of everyone around.Including Teresa, who has just sat down, probably catching the last of the conversation, in fact, the only one missing is; Lindsey.
In a couple of the other episode additions we see Teresa and Lindsey doing many things together: getting water,cleaning water jugs,even getting the mail together. Not to say that they are an alliance themselves but to say that Teresa is feeling Lindsey out for another alliance(the secret one with Carl?)But as it turns out she arrives just at the end of some vital info for her...After a small "Oh peaches...no...mango...no peaches, wait pineapple?..No ..peaches" We hear Teresa ask if she "missed anything important"...Brandon's Reply?..."just my life nothing important" Brandon obviously feels as if Teresa is not to be trusted with that information...But didn't think that Frank or Carl or Linda would use it for "Evil"...How odd

Strange, only because, what?, in EP 1, showed us any dislike of Lindsey by either Silas, Kim P.or Brandon especially, "out loud" in front of the "enemy alliance"....granted this may be from Day 1 but how interesting that MB hid that from the Masses
In conclusion, I used to believe that Frank was the most dis-liked,disenfrachised member of that tribe but, Lindsey is the one, maybe enough to change my vote for bootee in Ep2

Make any sense?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-01, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Previews Focusing on Samburu this week?"
Phyl, I replied to this in your other topic this afternoon, just realized you also posted it here. See:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1597.shtml#13

I don't think this is about Lindsey, I think it's about something back home... the words I made out from Brandon were "my grandmother," "my business," "(knows) everything about me," "not going to be happy about that," and "it kinda bothered me, but you know what..."
The comments from the crowd were "does she know," "she'll probably change," and "it's an amazing opportunity"

It doesn't sound to me like he's talking about any of the tribe -- it sounds like he's talking about his grandmother (or someone else back home) not being happy with him about something -- and from the "it's an amazing opporunity" comment I'd say it is that she's not happy about him being on Survivor (otherwise, I'd probably have guessed he was talking about being gay, but the "opportunity" comment just doesn't fit with that.)

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-01, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Agree, and Zap2It preview"
I completely agree with Krautboy that Samburu is going to TC, since we're so focused on their alliances. The Zap2It.com preview for this episode adds little to the Web site teaser, but here it is:
An Overheard Conversation Causes Dissension on "SURVIVOR: AFRICA" (10/18/01)
Mon, Oct 15, 2001 01:39 PM PDT

"Who's Zooming Whom?" -- Dissension ensues after one tribe member overhears another's confidential plans to form an alliance, on SURVIVOR: AFRICA, Thursday, Oct. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Meanwhile, a tribe member's overzealous behavior is driving others crazy.

However, all is briefly forgotten when the two tribes are introduced to a 'you've-got-to-see-to-believe' Massai tradition, which is the basis of the immunity challenge.

A second individual is voted out of the tribe.

Hmm, so who is the "overzealous" tribe member?

10-15-01, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Agree, and Zap2It preview"

>"Who's Zooming Whom?" -- Dissension ensues after one tribe member overhears
>another's confidential plans to form an alliance, on SURVIVOR: AFRICA,
>Thursday, Oct. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television
>Network.

Well, I think this has got to be Silas -- didn't one of the previews show one of the girls seeing him talking to one of the guys about an alliance?

>Meanwhile, a tribe member's overzealous behavior
>is driving others crazy.

This is probably our bootee... from Ep1, the only person I'd probably describe as "overzealous" is Frank.

>However, all is briefly forgotten when the two tribes are introduced
>to a 'you've-got-to-see-to-believe' Massai tradition,
>which is the basis of the immunity challenge.

Ya, ya... cow blood... "Holy cow!"... shot by a spear... drunk warm... tiebreaker round... we have all that part I think

10-16-01, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Assuming Samburu loses IC..."
EP2 is all about the dynamics of forming alliances..."zoom or be zoomed".

Alliances based on age and generational differences seemed to develop naturally in in the Samburu camp as Brandon, Kim, Lindsey and Silas started to relate.

At the same time, Linda seemed a little disgusted with the "youngsters", while there was no doubt where Frank stood. Carl and Frank also seemed to start relating.

Teresa, while part of the older group, is seen in several vidcaps with Lindsay. They are also standing next to one another at the Blood Drinking IC, Teresa with her arm around Lindsey.

Frank and Carl are shown apparently forming an alliance and recruiting Silas to be part of it.

Lindsay is shown walking by as Frank and Silas are discussing their alliance.

She confronts Silas, who responds by telling Lindsey to trust him...and if she does, they will go far together.

Linda, the neutral observer, is apparently aware of the alliances forming, and remarks that Silas's playing one side against the other, could get him in trouble.

Speculation:

I would guess that Linda is a silent part of the older alliance with Carl/Frank and therefore fairly calm, not really feeling threatened, as she makes her observations.

The strongest bonds that seem to be forming...

Carl and Frank (with Linda a silent partner)
Teresa and Lindsey
Lindsey and Silas
Brandon and Kim

Carl and Frank try to recruit Silas, who has apparently also makes promises to Lindsay. Lindsay realizes that she needs to go along with Silas and the older alliance so she doesn't become a target. She recruits her older friend Teresa as well, leaving Brandon and Kim hanging out by themselves, thinking they are part of an alliance with Silas and Lindsey, ready to be "zoomed" by them instead.

Frank probably makes a case to get rid of Brandon, after a poor performance in both challenges. Kim and Brandon vote for Frank, everyone else for Brandon...and another member is voted out of the Tribe.

Krautboy

10-16-01, 06:36 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Agree, and Zap2It preview"
You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm not convinced that we can say Samburu is going to TC just because of all the alliance talk at their camp. Honestly at SOME POINT the law of averages says one of these Survivor series is going to start out with the same tribe winning the first two challenges (and how much better for MB to prove the show is not fixed than by having such an event occur.)

..after having won the first TC and finished the early distractions of setting up their camp, it's natural that folks would begin to start thinking long-term strategies. Let's face it -- both of the previous Survivor winners have been in alliances, and both of those alliances were established in the first few days. ...so if your a S3 survivor, you're probably thinking that you either need to start talking about one pretty quick or you are probably not going to go very far.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Boran also talking about alliances (although in their case, with Clarence already having marked himself for eviction, everyone else there is probably still feeling a bit safer about the next vote.)

Also, it you look the the above Zap2It.com description, it seems to imply that the alliance talk happens BEFORE the Immunity challenge occurs ("However, all is briefly forgotten when the two tribes are introduced to a 'you've-got-to-see-to-believe' Massai tradition.")

I wouldn't put it past MB to show all the alliance talk in the previews just to intentionally get people thinking that Samburu loses.

-SB

10-16-01, 08:15 PM (EST)
29. "Briefly forgotten..."
>Also, it you look the the
>above Zap2It.com description, it seems
>to imply that the alliance
>talk happens BEFORE the Immunity
>challenge occurs ("However, all is
>briefly forgotten when the two
>tribes are introduced to a
>'you've-got-to-see-to-believe' Massai tradition.")

SB, the Zap2it description you mention implies that all the alliance talk happens before the IC and then is BRIEFLY forgotten. This suggests that after the IC it starts up again. Why would it start up again if they won??? The alliance talk featuring Samburu pauses briefly until they lose the challenge at which point they must plan in earnest for who to boot...

Krautboy

10-16-01, 08:26 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Briefly forgotten..."
If they won it would start back up again for the same reason that it started to begin with -- because this game is all about alliances.

They were talking about alliances BEFORE the challenge, so I don't see how you can figure that the only reason they would RESUME the talk is if they lost. ...they didn't need the knowledge of an upcoming vote to START talking about it, I don't you can say they'd need the knowledge of a upcoming vote to RESUME the talk.

...whether they win the second challenge or not, once the alliance chatter has started, it's never going to stop.

-SB

10-15-01, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-01 AT 05:09 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-15-01 AT 05:04 AM (EST)

Sleeve, first kudos to you (and Nightscribe) ever valiant in your spoiling efforts. I love it. Anyway, You are both right about the blood drinking for IC 2 The following is a picture of Tom with a glass of forementioned liquid...notice the size of the glass

It seems as if the Tribes meet up at "Damu Bar"(translation: Blood Bar, so I've heard)With the Boran at Jiffy's right and the Samburu on the left..Here we see Kelly vs. Linda but notice the size of the glasses

and here is Kim J. with a better view of glass size

They obviously have all done the small shot and are now doing another round of Blood-tinis(stirred not shaken)
I have lots to say about the outcome and who will end up getting voted out but I am still postulating.!?
Also just a brief question I am having trouble making links to other post on my own post...Any small help..Like,how do you underline say "Nightscribe prior post" and get the link right away?

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
IIRC, for the "eating gross food" challenge in each of the previous Survivor incarnations, everyone goes head-to-head at first. Then, if all things are even, each team chooses a member of the other team (usually the most squeamish) to do a final tiebreaker. I have a feeling the smaller glasses are the head-to-head meetings, and the large glasses are for the final. That's Kelly on the left...is that Kim P. on the right?

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-15-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "re: Glass sizes"
I suspect that the glasses used in the challenge are of all different sizes. Either they get progressively larger, or like last year's food challenge, there will be a wheel with varying-sized glasses maybe ranging from shot glasses to the really big glasses that are shown.

I'm sure that the tie-breaker glasses (if needed) will be very large and contestants will have to race to finish (like last year).

p.s. I can't tell if that's Kim P or Lindsay in the last picture, but that could likely be the tie breaker.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-15-01, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: re: Glass sizes"
I agree the race to see who finishes will determine the winner. The idea of spinning the wheel to determine the size is a good theory.

I wonder if the race to finish will not only be in the tie breaker. would they award points for whoever finished first on the head to head? OR would it be just swallow it like last year?

10-15-01, 04:48 PM (EST)
16. "RE: re: Glass sizes"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-01 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

I agree -- the above two vidcaps show three different people sitting in front of very big glasses. ...so either the glass sizes change throughout the course of the challenge, or the first timebreaker isn't enough and they go into "double overtime." ...but, if "who can drink it the fastest" is the tiebreaker, then it would seen very unlikely they would stil lneed to have a 2nd tiebreaker.

10-16-01, 00:58 AM (EST)
24. "RE: re: Glass sizes"
US magazine writes:" Unlike the previous two Survivor shows, when many contestants balked at the prospect of eating insect larvae and mangrove worms, these guys get down to business with a minimum of drama."This group is very aggressive," Probst says. "
I guarantee if the teams go into it(the IC) thinking that they are gonna have a gross bite or two of something and then hopefully betting on the weakest-stomached person from the other tribe,for the tie-breaker, they will be wrong.

I'm thinking it's a shooters game where you match the other team shot for shot.Even if every one is an avid vampire in the beginning there will be a need for a second round of bigger glasses, people will then soon realize that there is a limit to there thirst and soon will start dropping out.It's probably up to Frank and Tom in the end.How scary is that(and to imagine Jessie and Kim P. spewing gore off on the sideline....URP...already sick! But lovin' it too.)
The glass sizes are merely the difference between rounds. I think all of the pictures come before the real Blood and Guts starts.

10-15-01, 04:46 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
>That's
>Kelly on the left...is that
>Kim P. on the right?

I don't think it's Kim P. -- I think Kim P. is in the black sports bra in the below picture, I think that's Teresa.

10-15-01, 05:04 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
OK, maybe it's not Teresa or Lindsey:

...looks like it's Linda to me -- look at the shoulder strap:

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-16-01, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
Just adding some quick spec:

Assuming that the larger glasses mean this is a face off (as there has been in the last 2 seasons) what would this mean for the tribes?

Well, honestly if Kelly loses to Linda I believe she's gone come TC. She's the smallest/youngest/weakest on her team and based on ep 1 and the promos it seems that Boran isn't yet having inter-tribe problems (besides Clarence but he wouldn't be kicked at TC 2 for the same reason he isn't gone already) While it's been speculated that there's a younger alliance going on I don't think they could justify getting rid of Kim or Tom at this point.

If ~Linda~ loses then it's a whole new ballgame....Samburu is having major hostility problems. Based on the CBS online video, Brandon is having problems with Lindsay (or possibly Teresa), Frank is having problems with Lindsay (and possibly Kim) and the teaser on the CBS site seems to indicate that more problems are coming. IMHO the person most in danger is Lindsay followed possibly by Linda if she loses the challenge as she is the weakest woman on the team physically. Brandon may be burning his bridges as I really do see him getting more support from the women than the big manly men (Silas/Frank) but even though he has been seen as an early boot, nobody seems to be reacting negatively toward him yet....although regarding the alliances by "sex and age" he ~could~ be the one caught between sexes....

And I was trying to keep it short.... ^-^;;

----------------------------------------

"People are wishy-washy, they're conniving and they're stupid."

- Colleen, on her fellow castaways and by extension, the entire human race

10-16-01, 05:15 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
>Brandon is having problems with Lindsay (or possibly Teresa)

I'm sorry Ko, but I keep seeing this being stated like it's an iron-clad fact that he's definitely upset with someone in the tribe when this couldn't be FURTHER from the truth.

There is NOTHING in the online clip that makes me believe Brandon is talking about Lindsey or Teresa. It doesn't sound to me like he's talking about any of the tribe -- it sounds like he's talking about his grandmother (or someone else back home) not being happy with him about something -- and from the "it's an amazing opporunity" comment I'd say it is that she's not happy about him being on Survivor (otherwise, I'd probably have guessed he was talking about being gay, but the "opportunity" comment just doesn't fit with that.)

See: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1593.shtml#21

-SB

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-16-01, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
Hrm ^-^;;

Well I went and actually watched the clip (erm yeah I was just going on second hand information; I guess I'm just gulliable)
Never noticed anyone putting great accentuation on the great opportunity part (note: just went back and saw your explanation post =) Well this totally messes up my Brandon-Lindsey relationship thoughts (not that that takes her out of the running for this week)....he'll actually most likely get on great with her and Kim....

----------------------------------------

"People are wishy-washy, they're conniving and they're stupid."

- Colleen, on her fellow castaways and by extension, the entire human race

10-15-01, 04:50 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
>Also just a brief question I am having trouble making links
>to other post on my own post...Any small help..Like,how do
>you underline say "Nightscribe prior post" and get the link
>right away?

Hi Phyl.. check out:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=html_reference

10-16-01, 00:27 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode Two Preview (Official Site)"
Thank you again Survivorblows
for the info
Including the missed sentences in the Insider ep.s I knew there were a couple of voices that I couldn't understand...
But darn! darn! darn.
I guess I'll have to go back to Frank as my choice for Ep2 bootee .

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •