The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"the OC"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bubsy 246 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-08-03, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubsy Click to send private message to bubsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"the OC"
ok, does anyone else watch this show... i know it's not that great, but it just draws me in and i must find out what's going to happen next week.
i saw a thing on VH1 last night and they won the 'guilty pleasures award for 2003'

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Oh yeah! L82LIFE 12-08-03 1
   RE: Oh yeah! ashleybfogg 12-08-03 2
 Love it... northernlights 12-09-03 3
 RE: the OC trigirl 12-10-03 4
   Yep jkokoj 12-10-03 5
 RE: the OC LadyT 12-10-03 6
   What;s A trigirl 12-10-03 7
       RE: What;s A bubsy 12-11-03 8
           RE: What;s A trigirl 12-17-03 9
   RE: the OC buckeyegirl 12-17-03 10
       RE: the OC kelli_blue 12-18-03 11
 anyone watching care to comment?? deweydrop 01-15-04 12
   RE: anyone watching care to comment... SilverStar 01-15-04 13
       RE: anyone watching care to comment... deweydrop 01-16-04 14
           RE: anyone watching care to comment... SilverStar 01-16-04 15
               RE: anyone watching care to comment... deweydrop 01-16-04 16
                   RE: anyone watching care to comment... SilverStar 01-17-04 17
                       Julie sucks! coolflowerpowerman 04-17-04 18
 RE: the OC HECObug 04-18-04 19
 The Las Vegas coolflowerpowerman 04-29-04 20
   RE: The Las Vegas Bebo 04-29-04 21
   RE: The Las Vegas deweydrop 04-29-04 22
 RE: the OC GlassJax 05-06-04 23
 RE: the OC L82LIFE 05-06-04 24
 Season Finale trigirl 05-06-04 25
   RE: Season Finale coolflowerpowerman 05-06-04 26
   RE: Season Finale SilverStar 05-12-04 28
 RE: the OC HECObug 05-11-04 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-08-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Oh yeah!"
I'm totally into it. Seth is my favorite character, his self-depreciating humor cracks me up. I love the story line with him and the two girls that are hot for him.

I have also decided that Seth's Chrismukkah may indeed be the perfect holiday.

I could do without all Marissa's teen angst, though.

L82life

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-08-03, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oh yeah!"
I really like it, but I haven't seen it since the new season, there's just something else in the time slot.(when is it on..?)
I'll probably get all caught up in reruns, or if they do another marathon on f/x like last labor day.

It's surprisingly really good work the kids do- i just wish iy was in a better slot!

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Love it..."
Call it a guilty pleasure if you will but I love this show. Kind of reminds me of Knots Landing from a few years ago.

L8 ~ I agree about Seth, he makes the show. He's absolutely hilarious.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-10-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: the OC"
Love the show too! Reminds me of the early Beverly Hills years.

Ryan = Brandon (fish out of water)
Luke = Dylan (cool kid with 'tude)
Marisa = Kelly (haughty girl who turns nice)
Seth = David (geeky, but will win in the end)
Kirsten = way hotter Mom
Sandy = way more socially consious Dad
Julie = Kelly's society oft-married Mom

The thing I hate about Fox shows is that they have weird scheduling. They get us hooked in the summer, take a long hiatus and then move the show to another night. Makes it hard to have a loyal following.

Question: Have Ryan and Marisa 'done it' yet? Will that be the next big thing?

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-10-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Yep"
I love this show. It took the spot in my heart that 90210 left. I also like Seth he really adds a certain element to the show. I hope it lasts, I am a little tired of the Reality realm.

runs before I get *whacked* for dissing Reality TV

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: the OC"
I love Seth! To me he makes the show. I love the triangle with Anna and Summer and I truly don't know who I want him to be with. I know what the rumors say, but I hope they are wrong.

Julie Cooper is such a wench. If I was Marissa, I would be screwed up too.

And Kirsten. Total MILF

12-10-03, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "What;s A"
MILF?

bubsy 246 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubsy Click to send private message to bubsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What;s A"
it's from american pie (mom i'd like to ****)

and who do the rumors say seth will be with??

12-17-03, 09:29 AM (EST)
9. "RE: What;s A"
And Kirsten. Total MILF

The funny thing is...she's only 36...twelve years younger than her co-star! She's the same age as Julia Roberts..I guess because I'm the same age I object to the "you are over 35, you must be a Mom" stuff.

Great episode for New Year's Eve. Soooooo glad that Ryan made if for the kiss and that Seth made out with Anna.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-03, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: the OC"
What do the rumors say? Did you find it on Dustin's DOOL page? *rushes off to look* (He has a page for the O.C now!)

--can't stand suspense of anykind

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-18-03, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: the OC"
I wasn't planning on it, but totally got sucked into the OC while Paradise Hotel was on. Now I'm hooked! I'm sad I won't get to watch it for the next 3 weeks, while it's on hiatus.

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "anyone watching care to comment??"
What is UP with this Oliver character?

and honestly - could Marissa (Mischa Barton or whatever her name is) have any more of an affected accent? The inflections in her speech just get to me.

And no - Ryan/Marissa haven't done the deed yet...read about it on eOnline...story line about it coming up soon though!.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: anyone watching care to comment??"
Hi fellow OC watchers! Could anyone fill me in on what happened on last night's episode (1/14/04) I got sucked into watching The Bachelorette and my stupid VCR didn't tape the OC like I told it to! Thanks in advance!

SilverStar

01-16-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: anyone watching care to comment??"
>Hi fellow OC watchers! Could
>anyone fill me in on
>what happened on last night's
>episode (1/14/04)

ok - let's see what I can remember. I'll do this in bullet point fashion if that's ok with you.

The kids:

- Oliver was so greatful for Ryan helping him get out of jail, that he decided he wanted to take everyone (ryan, marissa, summer, anna, seth, luke) to his mansion in palm springs to meet his parents and "natalie" his "girlfriend"

- Just as they are ready to leave, Oliver states that "natalie" has broken up with him for good and won't be joining them in palm springs. he's devasted and asks that marissa rides with him down to the house (apparently a long drive? dunno) so marissa rides with him, ryan rides with luke, and summer hones in on seth/anna's car.

- At the mansion, they go out to play golf - Oliver is hard core hitting on Marissa...Ryan is getting madder and madder...even Luke is realizing something is up. (and he's pretty thick). A golf cart race ensues...Oliver and marissa in one, ryan and luke in the other - oliver runs ryan into a tree.

- Back at the mansion, Ryan is in the kitchen cleaning up, Oliver walks in, tells him not to worry about it - they get into an arguement over Marissa - ryan's not liking all the "alone time" Oliver is getting with Marissa. Oliver freaks out and leaves the mansion...saying he needs fresh air.

- Meanwhile, it looks like Seth and Anna are in bed ready to do the nasty when Summer barges in with her "let's have some 'friends' time now!" attitude. She squashes all the 'romance' in the room...finally making a comment that seth/anna act like brother/sister with their witty banter. She then leaves the room. Seth/Anna are skeeved out by the comment, and roll away from each other and go to sleep.

- Later on, Marissa is waiting up for Oliver...he finally calls her cell and states that he's back in newport, just took a bunch of pills, and he wants her to come to him because he is scared. So she grabs ryan and off they go.

- In actuallity, Oliver has taken NO pills.

- Ryan/Marissa get to Oliver's hotel suite in Newport, he's acting all "i just threw everything up and took a shower, I'm weak". Ryan wants him to go to the hospital (because he thinks he's faking) Oliver says no "they'll put me under 72 hour suicide watch and they'll call my parents."

- Marissa insists on staying the night with Oliver, Ryan's not happy about it. I think she tells him to leave then...and he does.

The Adults:

- Kirsten's sister Hayleigh learns that her dad (and julie cooper) are back from Europe and plans to hit him up for more cash. Kirsten talks to her dad, tells him to cut her off. he does and hayleigh leaves in a huff.

- Sandy and Jimmy, after realizing that jimmy is black balled everywhere and can't get a job, go out for dinner and many martinis. They end up deciding to go into business together and buy the restaurant they were dining in. (oh yeah - it was to be closed down shortly).

Does that make sense? sorry - never written a re-cap before...

01-16-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: anyone watching care to comment??"
that was great! Thank you so much- I don't feel like I missed anything now. Maybe you should sign up for a summary on one of these boards
Thanks again!!

SilverStar

01-16-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: anyone watching care to comment??"

> Maybe you should sign
>up for a summary on
>one of these boards

Wow - thanks for the compliment.

maybe I will sign up for summaries...how do I do that? (as you can see, I'm a newbie here...) I love this show...it's like a decadant dessert...I just want to savor it every week.

Thanks!

01-17-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
17. "RE: anyone watching care to comment??"
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-04 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

Well, it depends on which reality shows you watch. I don't think they do summaries for every show, but before the show starts someone will post a message looking for people to do summaries of the shows. I am doing a summary for episode 4 of Average Joe 2. My advice would be just to keep checking on the pages of the shows you like, and sign up if you get the chance. Some shows that are coming up are My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance and they are asking for writers right now <http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID64/5.shtml> or Todd TV, but I don't know if they will be having summaries for that show.
Oh, and I just found this- summaries for Surreal Life 2 are still available <http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID17/732.shtml>. Hope that helps you out- jump on in there! That's what I did, I am fairly new here too, but I signed up for the AJ2 summary anyway. Now I am very nervous! I hope I can make it funny- wish me luck!

SilverStar

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-17-04, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Julie sucks!"
Sheesh. Julie needs to perish (on the show).

Summer, Seth, Marissa, Ryan, Kirsten, and Sandy have put up with enough crap from her.

HECObug 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-18-04, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HECObug Click to send private message to HECObug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: the OC"
I like the O.C. and I think ben is sooooooo hot! How is he? Yeah adam is hot too!!

04-29-04, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "The Las Vegas"
Tonight's episode rocked.

The best moments:

1. Hailey/Julie catfight
2. Summer/Seth make up
3. Marissa/Ryan break up
4. Jimmy/Sandy take down Caleb
5. Kirsten speaks!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-04, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Las Vegas"
>4. Jimmy/Sandy take down Caleb

Oh yeah, baby! Sandy is my favorite character on the show, and I love what Peter Gallagher brings to the character. Just when you think he's just another nebbishy TV dad, he shows some major backbone. And even though Seth gets most of the priceless lines, Sandy typically has a gem or two each episode that makes me howl.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

04-29-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
22. "RE: The Las Vegas"
4. Jimmy/Sandy take down Caleb

I think I actually cheered outloud when Jimmy punched Caleb in the mouth! (And I love how Sandy is now calling Caleb - Ca-ca...heheh)

Who wants to draw the new family tree?
Julie is marrying Caleb
making Julie:
1. Kirsten/Hayleigh's mother
2. Seth's step-grandmother
3. Ryan's step-grandmother by adoption
Making Marissa:
1. Kirsten/Hayleigh's step-sister
2. Seth's step-cousin
3. Ryan's step-cousin
(is that how it works?)

Jimmy Dating Hayleigh - meaning he's dating his ex-wifes step-daughter.

oye-vey

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-06-04, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: the OC"
So last night was the season's last.

Now we have to wait till after the World Series to see a new episode?

That will be driving me nuts. At least for a few weeks, when I'll forget all about it till late Sept.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: the OC"
Ok, am I the only one who cried during the season finale last night? I was doing alright until Kirsten broke down crying. That got to me. I know Bebo had to have shed a tear or two, she's pregnant and should be crying at everything right now!

05-06-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
25. "Season Finale"
Congrats Bebo! Who named their baby Elijah Blue....John Travolta? Blue is a lovely name ya know.

I was crying at the Kirsten part too. Is it really not going to come back until after the world series? I used to love how 90210 started in the late summer, ealier that all the other shows, and I'd hoped the OC would too. Darn.

Thought the finale set us up pretty well for next year. Who was the father of Kirsten's long-ago pregnancy...Jimmy? What is Sandy gonna do when he finds out? What will Julie do when she finds out she's married to another poor-man? What is going to happen to Ryan?

Why did they get rid of Luke? I liked him.

05-06-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Season Finale"
Wow... I can't wait till next fall!

I hope the Summer Breeze is seaworthy...

The worst part was how Seth/Ryan said goodbye like they didn't even care. Kirsten's breakdown really got to me, too.

I'll have to get my Kelly Rowan fix elsewhere this summer...

05-12-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Season Finale"
I just watched my tape of the finale last night- I cried like a baby!! I cried more at the season finale of the OC than I did at the series finale of Friends!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.

HECObug 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-04, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HECObug Click to send private message to HECObug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: the OC"
Yeah I teared on the finale.... Okay I cried.... I love that show and I want to know what happens! I would laugh if she has the baby and find out that its not Ryan's!! HA! I love that show! FALL NEEDS TO COME!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •