The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"There & Back"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-22-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"There & Back"
Anyone watch this show on MTV? It's about Ashley from that made up boy band O-Town and him trying reclaim a life of fame. I nevered like the band or the Making the Band show but this one is rather interesting in a car wreck kind of way.

First off, the girlfriend that's knocked up. I have never seen a more self absorbed woman in my life and the scary part is that there is a child that will be brought up in this. How he deals with her is amazing to me.

Then they are both living with her mother who seems to be way to involved with their relationship. You know the type I am talking about. The one that's goes on with her kid on Maury Povich for one of those "who's my baby's daddy?" test claiming they know for sure who is or isn't a dad.

Just my thoughts, what are yours?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: There & Back weltek 02-22-06 1
   RE: There & Back nazpink 02-23-06 2
       RE: There & Back eire_heart74 02-25-06 3
 RE: There & Back Hoobie 02-27-06 4
   RE: There & Back nazpink 02-28-06 5
 RE: There & Back celinedion1 03-04-06 6
 RE: There & Back sammyboy22 03-10-06 7
   RE: There & Back nazpink 03-11-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: There & Back"
Seriously? Why do they keep doing this?

It continues to iritate me that MTV & VH1 will throw shows about has beens & such on, yet will only play 2 hours of videos in a standard 8-10 day.

Sorry, had to vent.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-06, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: There & Back"
I hear you Weltek on the whole lack of videos these stations play when it's what they were built on and it's mostly during the time when people are in school or work, go figure.

Anyways about the show. I too kept saying inside my head on how self-absorbed this girlfriend of his is. I know woman can be difficult during pregnancy but I think it's just who she is. I especially was blown away when Ashley gave his mother in law permission to relax. I'm like she doesn't need your permission lil mister you and your woman should be splitting the responsibility of this child. I can understand him having to be out and making a career but when he's home he should be helping, but what the heck is his girlfriend's excuse what does she do? I think that if the mother wasn't living with them they would be like two year olds living on their own.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-06, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: There & Back"
. I know
>woman can be difficult during
>pregnancy but I think it's
>just who she is.

I've had a baby and I can't believe how selfish this woman is. She gets prescribed bed rest and then runs out for coffee. (which she shouldn't be drinking anyway!) I had bedrest too. No it's not fun. Yes it's boring but you are doing it for the well fare of your child. What a little selfish ##### for whining about it and going out.

I don't see any of them working but always complaining about a lack of funds. Doesn't stop them from buying all that beer and wine that they are always drinking. I"m thinking the girlfriend and mother must be living off some disablity checks or alimony. Maybe hoping that his comeback record will carry them.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: There & Back"
I'm so bummed! I tuned in this weekend, and the baby has already been born - therefore, the girlfriend isn't all that b!tchy.

Is the baby's name "Lyric"?

02-28-06, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: There & Back"
Yes, the baby's name is Lyric.

I can understand the mom and girlfriend wanting Ashley to help out around the house, because he should, but at the same time they act like he does nothing, but what the heck does the girlfriend do? Ashley is at least trying to make a career, but I don't see the girlfriend trying to start up a career or working. What I do see is a house that gets messy with three adults in it and a mother who takes care of the baby while her daughter and her boyfriend sleep and do whatever.

I will barely watch this show because I get so sick of hearing Ashley and his girlfriend talk about how surreal being a parent is and how much hard work goes into it. These two are a friggin joke. They barely know what it is to take care of themselves much less another human being. If mommy wasn't there they would be even more lost then they already are. If these two actually do start acting responsible and get real about it they will truly see how surreal being a parent is and just how hard it can be. As a mother of two, I haven't seen them get that yet.

celinedion1 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-04-06, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celinedion1 Click to send private message to celinedion1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: There & Back"
I've seen this show too and the girlfriend and mother seem to be really lazy. What exactly is it that they do anyway besides stay at home, drinking all day, and complain about not having any money? Also Ashley and his gf seem to be very immature, and his gf seems ot be a selfish little *****. Another thing that I don't get is why does the Mother, seem to be taking care of the kid more than the kids parents. Also to the origional poster I agree with you, this show reminds me of a car wreak too.

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: There & Back"
That is exactly what i was wondering. Why the hell is the grandmother taking care of the child so much? Why are Ashley and his girlfriend such big disgusting slobs? Why does the world revolve around them? I can't watch this show at all. I am so mean but, did anyone see the episode when Ashley got teased the bar, i think someone called him cupcake or something, then there was a "scuffel". I was LMFAO at that one. Also the episode where Ashley is talking shiz on his mother in law on the phone, his girlfriend had it on speaker phone and her mom could hear everything. Priceless!!! hehe. Basically I just get annoyed by lazy peeps, and that is what this show has on it....

03-11-06, 07:32 PM (EST)
8. "RE: There & Back"
LOL...he got talk talking smack about his mom in law, didn't see that. Hard to really want to watch this show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •